Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
xmoneyx
03 Aug 21 19:01
| Topic/replies: 57,877 | Blogger: xmoneyx's blog
boris said no - meeting bute house

scotland
Pause Switch to Standard View saint nicola of scotland
Show More
Report Timber June 28, 2022 5:31 PM BST

Jun 28, 2022 -- 5:29PM, akabula wrote:

malushka also suggested that the old Scottish poundof over 300 years ago could be used.

Laugh Old Mushy is addled

Report akabula June 28, 2022 5:34 PM BST
mmmalushka31 May 22 11:58Joined: 30 Sep 02 | Topic/replies: 2,617 | Blogger: mmmalushka's blog

This Union is rotten and is slowly but surely coming to an end.
We already have a currency.

The pound Scots was the unit of currency in the Kingdom of Scotland before the kingdom unified with the Kingdom of England in 1707. It was introduced by David I, in the 12th century, on the model of English and French money, divided into 20 shillings, each of 12 pence.

Thats his post in all its glory. Problem solved. Hallelujah.
Report politicspunter June 28, 2022 5:35 PM BST
Akabula, here is your opportunity. Do you consider James Hamilton and/or the Lord Advocate of Scotland to be corrupt?
Report Timber June 28, 2022 5:37 PM BST

Jun 28, 2022 -- 5:34PM, akabula wrote:

mmmalushka31 May 22 11:58Joined: 30 Sep 02 | Topic/replies: 2,617 | Blogger: mmmalushka's blogThis Union is rotten and is slowly but surely coming to an end.We already have a currency.The pound Scots was the unit of currency in the Kingdom of Scotland before the kingdom unified with the Kingdom of England in 1707. It was introduced by David I, in the 12th century, on the model of English and French money, divided into 20 shillings, each of 12 pence.Thats his post in all its glory. Problem solved. Hallelujah.

Dear meLaugh

Report akabula June 28, 2022 5:38 PM BST
https://www.facebook.com/scotlandinunion/videos/snps-emma-harper-msp-on-currency/472909890187193/

Ms Harper should be our Finance Minister if we ever get independence.
Report politicspunter June 28, 2022 5:43 PM BST
Akabula, here is your opportunity. Do you consider James Hamilton and/or the Lord Advocate of Scotland to be corrupt?
Report mmmalushka June 28, 2022 5:48 PM BST

A dark day British Unionists.
Report lfc1971 June 28, 2022 5:49 PM BST
Will little krankies face be on the new Scottish pound ? !
Wouldn’t surprise one bit , she’s delusional arrest her Boris
Report mmmalushka June 28, 2022 5:53 PM BST
Report mmmalushka June 28, 2022 5:53 PM BST
Report akabula June 28, 2022 5:53 PM BST
Is it a once in a generation opportunity Polly?
Report politicspunter June 28, 2022 5:55 PM BST
Report akabula June 28, 2022 5:56 PM BST
mmmalushka31 May 22 11:58Joined: 30 Sep 02 | Topic/replies: 2,617 | Blogger: mmmalushka's blog

This Union is rotten and is slowly but surely coming to an end.
We already have a currency.

The pound Scots was the unit of currency in the Kingdom of Scotland before the kingdom unified with the Kingdom of England in 1707. It was introduced by David I, in the 12th century, on the model of English and French money, divided into 20 shillings, each of 12 pence.
Report lapsy pa June 28, 2022 6:13 PM BST
Jeez the cap doffers are getting royally rattled! Laugh

Deep down you know Nicola is right,Scotland voted overwhelmingly to stay in the EU,the Scottish people must now be asked again as the goalposts have changed.

It's a historic day!
Report akabula June 28, 2022 6:20 PM BST
It's a historic day!

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report mmmalushka June 28, 2022 7:28 PM BST
It's not a good day to be a Bigot,Quislingingerer,Scotiaphobe or Vichyscotch.

Report akabula June 28, 2022 7:31 PM BST
Report akabula June 28, 2022 7:31 PM BST
Report akabula June 28, 2022 7:32 PM BST
I can see the sadness of 2014 all over again
Report akabula June 28, 2022 7:33 PM BST
Report akabula June 28, 2022 7:34 PM BST
Report casemoney June 28, 2022 7:38 PM BST
They not only have to win Indie they need a decent Majority , Less that 10 % Remainers will call for another Ref Plain
Report mmmalushka June 29, 2022 9:28 AM BST
Well we are the people and we say yes.
by weegingerdug
The First Minister began her much anticipated statement to Holyrood by quoting from the Scottish Claim of Right which affirmed the sovereign right of the Scottish people to choose the form of government best suited to their needs. She went on, quoting the late Canon Kenyon Wright who was instrumental in drafting that historic document which affirmed the right of the people of Scotland to choose a Scottish Parliament. Canon Wright observed, but what if the voice from Westminster says : “We say no and we are the state.” The canon retorted , “Well we say yes and we are the people.”

Right now the issue of another referendum is, as the First Minister noted, mired in questions of process which only benefit the anti-independence parties. This allows the likes of Douglas Ross and Anas Sarwar to focus on questions of process and the lawfulness or otherwise of another independence referendum and to side step questions on the substance of the matter. It is, as she correctly pointed out, vital to obtain legal clarity on the lawfulness of another referendum, otherwise all we get instead of addressing the actual issue of independence are anti-independence political opinions which the bulk of the Scottish media is only too happy to present as fact.

As a first step, the First Minister has written to Boris Johnson today in order to urge him to negotiate the terms of a Section 30 order with her in order to put the legality of the referendum beyond any doubt, the letter makes plain that Johnson’s actions to date “call into question the whole idea of the UK as a voluntary partnership.”

In order to avoid a long drawn out legal process, and to put pressure on Johnson, the letter also states that against the background of Johnson’s reluctance to respect the mandate given to the Scottish Parliament by the electorate of Scotland last year, ” the Lord Advocate has, following a request from me, decided to refer to the Supreme Court the question of whether Scottish Parliament legislation for such a referendum relates to reserved matters. The reference is being served on the Advocate General today.”

What this means is that the Conservative Government will be a party to the case and that Johnson and his allies cannot hide behind a case brought forward by some private individuals acting as British nationalist proxies. If the political pressure Nicola Sturgeon has now created forces Johnson to negotiate a Section 30 order, or if the Supreme court rules that the referendum bill is within the competence of Holyrood then all is well and good, the lawfulness of the referendum will have been put beyond any doubt and the referendum will take place on 19 October 2023 with the question “Should Scotland be an independent country?”

The fact that the referendum will be consultative does not diminish its standing, no matter what Douglas Ross might want us all to believe. In the UK all referendums are consultative. The 2014 referendum was consultative, as were the 2016 EU referendum, the 1999 devolution referendum and the 1979 Assembly referendum.

However if Johnson continues to refuse a Section 30 order and the Supreme Court rules that the Scottish Parliament does not have the right to implement the mandate given to it by the people of Scotland in a democratic election, this will be a ruling obtained by the Conservative government, and the Johnson government will stand revealed as holding the democratic will of the people of Scotland in contempt and of having destroyed the proud claim of traditional Scottish unionism, that Scotland is a partner nation in a voluntary union which the Scottish people have the right to end should they so choose. Scotland will have been told that it does not matter what it votes for, it is subject to the whims of a Prime Minister from a party which has not won an election in Scotland since the 1950s, a party with a mere six MPs in Scotland, four of whom have no confidence in the Prime Minister whom they want to hold Scotland hostage. This would change the nature of the independence debate at a stroke, it would no longer be a debate about what is the best form of government for Scotland, but would become a campaign to guarantee democracy itself.

Such a ruling will have seismic political effects. It will, as Nicola Sturgeon pointed out, not be the end of the matter, indeed as she said it would make the argument for independence in the strongest possible terms. The independence debate is a political debate not a legal debate. It is a debate which can only be settled with a democratic event, not with a court ruling. If the UK Supreme Court does indeed rule that it doesn’t matter what Scotland votes for, the anti-independence parties will be forced to defend a UK which explicitly denies Scottish democracy and we can add “a voluntary partnership of nations” to the long list of British nationalist lies along with Gordie Broon’s Vow, the Sewel Convention being given legal status, and the promise that only a No vote in 2014 could guarantee Scotland’s place in the European Union.

If the British state is foolish enough and arrogant enough to go down that democracy denying road then there will be consequences. The First Minister went further than many were expecting and made it clear that the people of Scotland will not be denied their say. If all routes to a lawful referendum are blocked off by a Conservative party which is running scared of the verdict of the people of Scotland then the next UK General Election in Scotland will become a de facto referendum on independence, a campaign which the anti-independence parties will have to fight having made it clear to the people of Scotland that they do not respect the will of the Scottish electorate. They will be standing on a platform of “Vote for us Scotland, you have no standing as a nation and we are going to ignore you.” It will be an election where the future of democracy itself is at stake, an election where what is on the ballot is Scotland’s very status as a nation with the right to decide its own future. Nicola Sturgeon’s announcement today made it plain that one way or another, Scotland will have its say, either in a lawful referendum on 19 October 2023, or in a General Election in which it will be clear that the union is dead and Westminster does not recognise Scotland’s historic nationhood in any meaningful sense.  Johnson and the UK Supreme Court can say no if they want to, well we say yes and we are the people.
Report lapsy pa June 29, 2022 10:51 AM BST
Another excellent piece by the weegingerdog.

The bit about the British gov being foolish and arrogant to go down the democracy denying road is very true,you are dealing with a liar and a lawbreaker though.This is shown in Northern Ireland where democracy is thrown out the window,the minority is being pandered to based on a pack of lies,why wasn't art 16 implemented if it was so bad? Support for the Protocol has gone up(source RTE,support for NI Protocol edging up.

Different situation there however with the current situation is there a case for MaryLou McDonald to follow the Nicola route and simply request a border poll?
Report lfc1971 June 29, 2022 10:58 AM BST
If art 16 was implemented you would be whining lapsy
Now this solution is being implemented ( in process )
you are still whining - just no pleasing the nationalists is there ?
Report lapsy pa June 29, 2022 11:05 AM BST
You know you couldn't justify article 16,that legislation bill on Monday is based on a pack of lies.

No one should be subjected to the current filth of the British Gov and no wonder there is 'movement'
Report TheBetterBettor June 29, 2022 4:02 PM BST
Glad that the next election will be a de facto Scottish independence vote for the snp....

It will separate all the 'woolys' who are for the snp but voted against independence.

A premise I'd never ever understood

No more 'hollow' votes any more...

Nicola means business
Report politicspunter June 29, 2022 4:05 PM BST
The SNP have been in control of Holyrood since 2007. Many Scottish folks like their policies and government and vote for them, but don't support independence.
Report akabula June 29, 2022 4:54 PM BST
https://twitter.com/i/status/1541828648319295489

At best she'll get a pretendy referendum.
Cancelled a debate on our massive drug problem
to announce this nonsense.
Report politicspunter June 29, 2022 4:56 PM BST

Jun 29, 2022 -- 4:54PM, akabula wrote:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1541828648319295489At best she'll get a pretendy referendum.Cancelled a debate on our massive drug problemto announce this nonsense.

Drugs policy isn't devolved to Scotland. It is the responsibility of Westminster.

Report politicspunter June 29, 2022 4:58 PM BST
Come to think of it, if drugs policy was devolved to Scotland, perhaps they would be in a better position to tackle it?
Report akabula June 29, 2022 5:07 PM BST
https://twitter.com/i/status/1388878832581677063

The new SNP board game - Cover it Up - The once in a generation game.
Report akabula June 29, 2022 5:15 PM BST
Drugs deaths per million

Scotland 327
Sweden    77
Norway    77
UK        76
Ireland   71

Why are Scotland over 4 times worse than the UK as a whole?
Report politicspunter June 29, 2022 5:26 PM BST
Probably because drugs policy is the responsibility of Westminster.
Report casemoney June 29, 2022 5:26 PM BST
Sad
Report lapsy pa June 29, 2022 5:27 PM BST
Good man,you are getting into the swing of things already!
Great to see you acknowledging Scotland as being a country outside the UK
Report casemoney June 29, 2022 5:27 PM BST
Listening to Bunter and Ferguson would drive anyone to Drugs TBH
Report politicspunter June 29, 2022 5:28 PM BST
I would be very confident that if drugs policy was the responsibility of the Scottish Government, they would be able to deal with it more efficiently than Westminster currently is.
Report casemoney June 29, 2022 5:29 PM BST
Shyte
Report casemoney June 29, 2022 5:32 PM BST
The polls Suggest Remain , As I stated unless a Substantial Turn around the Vote is pointless as remainers will want a 3rd Vote if its close .

And as the SNP did not accept the last one why should remainers accept this one ?
Report akabula June 29, 2022 5:37 PM BST
Polly trying hard to pass the blame to Westminster.
Tell us all then Polly why is Angela Constance listed
as The Scottish Minister for Drug Policy?
Report akabula June 29, 2022 5:38 PM BST
Angela is of course a serving SNP MSP.
Report politicspunter June 29, 2022 5:40 PM BST
All the UK devolved administrations with roles for elected representatives. However, that doesn't mean that the Parliament they sit in has control of UK policy. They do if it is devolved.
Report casemoney June 29, 2022 5:42 PM BST
The Vote is pointless AKA unless its something in the Region of 60/40 Remainers will not accept the Result ,And why should they its not even 10 years and this Mob want a re  vote .How much money is all this Going to cost what services will be cut to pay for it ?
Report casemoney June 29, 2022 5:45 PM BST
Mind you there was a Few Quid from the Co vid dosh Boris sent them ,seemed to go Missing ?
Report akabula June 29, 2022 5:46 PM BST
Most elements of the policy are devoled.
Hence the need for a Drugs Policy Minister.

We are in the same position as Wales and
Northern Ireland yet our problem is 5 times
worse than theirs. How is this?
Report akabula June 29, 2022 5:49 PM BST
Audit Scotland couldn't account for just over £2 billion of
the money sent up from Westminster as Covid business relief.
Report politicspunter June 29, 2022 5:49 PM BST
https://www.gov.scot/about/what-the-government-does/

Here is a link to the devolved powers Holyrood has, if that helps you.
Report akabula June 29, 2022 5:52 PM BST
I know what powers we have, the same as Wales and northern Ireland
in respect of Drugs Policy. So why are we 5 times worse than them?
Report politicspunter June 29, 2022 5:54 PM BST
Who knows? It's got nothing to do with Holyrood as drugs policy isn't devolved.
Report akabula June 29, 2022 5:54 PM BST
And why did the SNP cut its funding at a time when it was spiralling out of control?
Report politicspunter June 29, 2022 5:55 PM BST
Drugs policy is decided by Westminster, I don't know how simple I can make it for you.
Report akabula June 29, 2022 5:58 PM BST
It is devolved in parts hence we have a Drugs Policy Minister
And are responsible for funding the fight against it.
Why also did Angela Constance say that her priority is
to get the death rate down.
Report akabula June 29, 2022 6:01 PM BST
Why did Angela Constance last August
issue a statement on the National Mission
to cut the appalling death rate?
Report akabula June 29, 2022 6:09 PM BST
Thats a lie Polly and you know it.
Some are devolved.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201919/cmselect/cmscotaf/44/4404.htm

That link spells it out and this sentence proves you wrong

4.The division between reserved and devolved competence has been a key consideration for how we have structured our inquiry. Although we have discussed devolved policy areas
Report akabula June 29, 2022 6:39 PM BST
Report politicspunter June 29, 2022 6:48 PM BST
The General election was a referendum?
Report politicspunter June 29, 2022 6:49 PM BST
You should join the LibDems, they love deceiving bar charts and the like.
Report akabula June 29, 2022 6:59 PM BST
Our Drugs Policy Minister who
according to Polly does nothing.
Glad shes dressed for the job.
Report akabula June 29, 2022 7:02 PM BST
Nothings changed
Report politicspunter June 29, 2022 7:09 PM BST
Please don't make stuff up with almost your every post. I never said that at all.
Report politicspunter June 29, 2022 7:13 PM BST
If you wish to discuss something , I am happy to do so. However, I will stop discussing things with you if you are abusive, name call, or simply make stuff up that you claim I said. I will show you that same respect.
Report LoyalHoncho June 29, 2022 7:14 PM BST
He does it all the time pp.  He simply can;t help himself.
Report politicspunter June 29, 2022 7:15 PM BST
I know. However, I am giving him every chance to show some respect, not just to me but to others who respond to his posts.
Report akabula June 29, 2022 7:17 PM BST
So she is responsible for Scotlands Drugs Policy.
So we therefore have a Drugs Policy otherwise
she would be doing nothing. Glad we agree at last.
Report politicspunter June 29, 2022 7:18 PM BST
We don't agree. If you suggest I said that once more, I will block you.
Report akabula June 29, 2022 7:19 PM BST
Where have I been name calling?
I leave that to the likes of Honcho.
Report akabula June 29, 2022 7:23 PM BST
If you are referring to me calling you Polly as name calling
I use that because we have another PP, as I used to refer to you,
in Porkie. And Polly for politics.
If you don't like it just say so and I'll change it.
Report politicspunter June 29, 2022 7:23 PM BST
I am ok with that.
Report akabula June 29, 2022 7:42 PM BST
https://twitter.com/i/status/1542198551748509699

Andrea Leadsom asking some crucial questions.
Clip cuts off before Hosie replies but the
questions she asks have never been answered
in the 8 years Sturgeon has been FM.
Report LoyalHoncho June 29, 2022 8:45 PM BST
lol.  Laugh
Report lapsy pa June 29, 2022 9:18 PM BST
You seem a bit 'pumped up' today akabula Laugh
Report politicspunter June 29, 2022 10:48 PM BST
Makeover for Scotland's baby box scheme ahead of fifth anniversary

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-61985263

A very simple but very cost effective idea. Why don't we have this in the whole of the UK?
Report mmmalushka June 30, 2022 7:42 AM BST
Oh what a miserable existence,to be a Quislingingerer,Scotiaphobe or Vichyscotch continually besmirching your Country.

Report mmmalushka June 30, 2022 7:54 AM BST
The answer to your question politicspunter is you need a socially responsible administration willing to aid the sick, the poor, the old and the new.
Report Timber June 30, 2022 12:09 PM BST
Nicola Sturgeon met with the Queen yesterday but did not curtsy when greeting the UK's head of state.
What a disgusting disrespectful little goblin she is

Take her to the tower for some much needed attitude adjustment
Report mmmalushka June 30, 2022 12:16 PM BST
Saint Nicola her Serene Highness Queen of all Scotland treated queen lizzie2 as an equal.

Report casemoney June 30, 2022 1:30 PM BST
The leader of Glasgow Women for Independence Gets a 2 stretch

Was she referring to Financial Independence LaughLaugh

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-61994020

The hand Jammed  in the Old till LaughLaugh
Report casemoney June 30, 2022 1:39 PM BST
Linked the Crowd Funder Paypal to her own Bank account Due to Technical Issues LaughLaugh

Seen here in Better Days Swanning around the top 50 kebabs award

All so Very Inclusive and Diverse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCdfimndpqI
Report akabula June 30, 2022 3:13 PM BST
She originally received an 18 month sentence but was given a new trial
because she had seemingly been misled by her lawyer (I think that was why)

Now given an additional 6 months. Why she bothered with an appeal is
strange as it was patently clear she was guilty.

Not sure she should be jailed though. Costs the taxpayer money
Shes no danger and has shamed herselfwith her actions which she'll
have to live with. I'd have given her along period of unpaid work and a payback order.
Report akabula June 30, 2022 3:25 PM BST
lapsy pa
You seem a bit 'pumped up' today akabula

I know you think this a historic moment lapsy.
But it has already been rubbished by nearly
every academic and legal expert that has spoken
on the subject. The general opinion is that
It is doomed to failure. And the SNP know that.
Report akabula June 30, 2022 5:52 PM BST
https://twitter.com/i/status/1542502680572022784

Anas Sarwar, the Scottish Labour Party leader,
hitting the nail squarely on the head.
Report casemoney June 30, 2022 10:07 PM BST
I agree Aka , seems strange Locking her up  , Her Life as she knew it is Finished Ruined

Did she have any previous ? If not its a very Harsh Term , Been more robbed in Expenses claims

By all and Sunder
Report akabula July 1, 2022 1:30 PM BST
Yes. It wasn't as if £600,000 had went missing, is it? GrinWink
Report xmoneyx July 1, 2022 3:46 PM BST
unionist paper put out a poll

39% YES

was only 500 people Excited
Report xmoneyx July 1, 2022 3:46 PM BST
even john curtis slammed it Wink
Report akabula July 1, 2022 4:00 PM BST
xmoney you do realise that Angus Robertson
was pushing similar limited polls earlier this year.
Report politicspunter July 1, 2022 4:02 PM BST

Jul 1, 2022 -- 3:46PM, xmoneyx wrote:

unionist paper put out a poll39% YESwas only 500 people

The wording was something along the lines of "Do you wish Scotland to have another divisive referendum"?

Report akabula July 1, 2022 6:17 PM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVHpskb2zFo

More on the Ferry Fiasco.
Report Timber July 2, 2022 9:43 AM BST
Scotland facing EXODUS of companies after Sturgeon unveils Indyref plan: 'Not viable'
Report mmmalushka July 2, 2022 10:22 AM BST
Report lfc1971 July 2, 2022 10:30 AM BST
Sturgeons at it again lol
Report lfc1971 July 2, 2022 10:33 AM BST
Its inevitable the courts will tell her she cannot call a referendum
And then of course she’ll blame the English again Sad
Report akabula July 2, 2022 6:04 PM BST
So its not just me that Blackford sends to sleep.
Report akabula July 2, 2022 6:05 PM BST
Report LoyalHoncho July 2, 2022 8:44 PM BST
Timber, give us four consecutive English monarchs who were the first of their names, and you can use your fifty books of English history to research - because sure as a morris dancer is a f u d you won;t know.
Report lfc1971 July 2, 2022 9:59 PM BST
When oh when are we going to ban the Scots from coming south of the border ?
Report xmoneyx July 3, 2022 4:32 PM BST
Labour’s leadership, on Monday expected to confirm its strategy of never talking to the SNP  ExcitedConfusedWhoopsWinkDevilExcited
Report xmoneyx July 3, 2022 4:38 PM BST
New Scottish Independence poll, Panelbase 29 Jun - 1 Jul (changes vs 26 - 29 Apr):

Yes ~ 48% (+1)
No ~ 47% (-2)
Don't Know ~ 5% (nc)

Excluding Don't Knows (/ vs 2014):
Yes ~ 51% (+2 / +6)
No ~ 49% (-2 / -6)
Report akabula July 3, 2022 4:43 PM BST
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539