Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
LoyalHoncho
02 Aug 21 12:24
| Topic/replies: 7,327 | Blogger: LoyalHoncho's blog
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58057031  Sad

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 16
By:
saddo
When: 02 Aug 21 12:28
Perves put themselves where victims are plentiful, its always been that way. 44 incidents from 13 million calls is too many, but not a lot. We have that many perves nicked every couple of months round here.
By:
feedthepony
When: 02 Aug 21 12:36
like the Oxfam innit
By:
casemoney
When: 02 Aug 21 12:49
13 million calls Plainmust be plenty of repeat callers

Usually find your Bleeding heart progressives involved with theses charities

Those at the top making plenty of money, Sounds like the Ears have the phone

in one hand c0ck in the other .
By:
feedthepony
When: 02 Aug 21 13:17
every day it's becoming clearer our "civilisation" isn't worth saving:

* the poor being sacrificed to protect the rich
* the young putting their lives at risk to protect the old
* women's rights being diluted to appease deranged men
*the intelligent being deplatformed to promote the idiotic
* and now the vulnerable being abused for the kicks of the virtuous

A reset is required - not the one the virtue signaling woke are looking for tho
By:
saddo
When: 02 Aug 21 13:51
case, I assume a huge majority of their helpline people are giving up their leisure time to help lonely or desperate souls through another night. They'll have saved countless lives with a good ear and bit of kindness.
By:
feedthepony
When: 02 Aug 21 13:51
a fair point saddo
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 02 Aug 21 13:57
They'd be all right coming on here looking for sympathy.

The trolls would soon get them banned.
By:
sixtwosix
When: 02 Aug 21 14:05
Sad to hear , no doubt a minority hiding in the organisation to take advantage , I am sure the organisation still does an incredible amount of good.

Back in the 1970's my mother took an overdose in desperation as we had no money nor food  ,real poverty not the media version today.

Following this The Samaritans brought food to our house , I have never forgotten their help in this terrible time and have included them in my will.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 02 Aug 21 20:49
Siwtwosix,God bless your Mam,fair play to the Samaritans,tough times 60/70s for many,a lot of people were near the edge in making things meet
By:
moisok
When: 02 Aug 21 20:51
anyone ever read the Michael Connolly  books  - a US crime writer - spooky stuff
By:
smirnoff2therescue
When: 02 Aug 21 23:08
just visited Beachy Head literally three weeks ago - no not to chuck mesel off there but i took a foto of the lighthouse that is now doing the rounds on whats app cos the place i took it from no longer exists afta a massive cliff erosion/collapse last Thursday night - wot an eerie place it is to start wiv b4 you delve but i cudnt believe that for such a massive suicide watch/location there was absolutely no barriers to stop people taking their lives - i live closeby to an old railway crossing that is also a massive suicide haunt but at least they hav put barriers up to at least mekk ya think twice SadSadCryCry
By:
smirnoff2therescue
When: 02 Aug 21 23:38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76Mbnuwk2d4

oooosssssss

LoveLoveLove to anyone feeling low right now
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 03 Aug 21 08:39
Some say that the mean spirited take comfort from the idea that a good act must have a selfish motive.

It is better to say I am hurt than The flowers are ugly.

12,999,956 beneficial calls, by my reckoning.
By:
Slicer
When: 03 Aug 21 10:00
You should see how busy Beachy Head is when a 1.01 gets beat. They put up an emergency drop off point for taxis!
By:
sixtwosix
When: 03 Aug 21 14:17
anyone ever read the Michael Connolly  books  - a US crime writer - spooky stuff

not sure of the relevance to this thread but.....I read one last summer and thought it was so good I have read all 20 odd since then.
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 03 Aug 21 22:41
Taxi drivers, usually the n/s, see so much loneliness, depression, misery, you wouldn't believe.  It gets so they can spot it immediately.  More than anyone they see people at their lowest, without a mask, in trouble.  There are times when they become counsellors almost.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com