Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
28 Jul 21 16:53
| Topic/replies: 23,448 | Blogger: ----you-have-to-laugh---'s blog
Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton has launched a charitable foundation and pledged £20m to "support, champion and empower young people from under-represented groups in the UK".

Hamilton, 36, has won the F1 title on seven occasions but is the only black driver in the sport.

He hopes the launch of Mission 44 will help youngsters from all upbringings.

"I experienced first-hand how coming from an under-represented background can affect your future," he said.

"Luckily for me, I was able to overcome those odds through opportunity and support. I want to ensure other young people from similar backgrounds are able to do the same.

Great to see some sportsmen starting
to take an interest in the less fortunate.
Pause Switch to Standard View Lewis Hamilton: Formula 1 world...
Show More
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 5:55 PM BST
less fortunate or people from the same ethnic background?
Report casemoney July 28, 2021 6:00 PM BST
LaughNice to see him put the non Tax being paid in the uk to good causes
Report Cider July 28, 2021 6:54 PM BST
Imagine how much better he would have done if he had been born to a super rich family.
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 6:59 PM BST
another black multi millinnaire moaning about racism
Report saddo July 28, 2021 7:02 PM BST
White working class boys are under-represented in further education, perhaps they might be in for a boost.
Report TimmyRiggins July 28, 2021 7:29 PM BST

Jul 28, 2021 -- 12:00PM, casemoney wrote:

Nice to see him put the non Tax being paid in the uk to good causes

Think he's one of the higher tax payers in the UK, to be fair to him.

Could be worse, Giuseppe... He could be a millionaire moaning on a forum about others moaning about it, like you Wink

Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 28, 2021 7:33 PM BST
White working class boys are under-represented in further education, perhaps they might be in for a boost.

Would be a help if the thickos didnt
ridicule uni as being too easy
to get into, and a waste of time.
Report Magic__Daps July 28, 2021 7:35 PM BST
Lewis "I had the best advice from the fastest bloke in the UK, best engines, free fuel, and huge sponsors" Hamilton. But I have been massively oppressed due to my skin colour.

That Lewis Hamilton?

Must have been a terrible oppressed life. How did he cope....
Report Magic__Daps July 28, 2021 7:37 PM BST
Saddo - I think you keep triggering YHTL, are you being stalked?
Report moisok July 28, 2021 7:39 PM BST
what's 5 per cent of 20 

seems like that is about correct  in relation to representation of population

ie  ONE
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 28, 2021 7:46 PM BST
Give the young lads some ambition

Instead of trying to fill them full
of hate and bitterness.

We got grants of course

Kids today get debt
Report Cider July 28, 2021 7:59 PM BST
It doesn't make any sense does it. There are billions of people in the world and only a handful will become F1 drivers. Mostly via nepotism. If Lewis had a kid, they would likely be a racing driver if that's what they wanted. In comparison with most people in the world, he had a very privileged upbringing. Even in comparison to others in this country.
Report Cider July 28, 2021 8:02 PM BST
There's nothing wrong with using some of his not inconsiderable resources to give other people a leg up. It's ridiculous to make out he is/was hard done by as part of the process.
Report Magic__Daps July 28, 2021 8:08 PM BST
----you-have-to-laugh---
Date Joined: 06 Jul 10
Add contact | Send message
28 Jul 21 18:46
Give the young lads some ambition

of hate and bitterness.

We got grants of course

Kids today get debt

Kids today get told they are victims or privileged because of the colour of their skin - by the likes of Hamilton, Abbott, Butler, Lammy and many race baiters including plenty on the left. Vile individuals who like many just wants to perpetuate racism is everywhere, no matter what any report or stats tell them - it's as if they have to keep it up to make a living.
Report Magic__Daps July 28, 2021 8:12 PM BST
We have the Anita Rani woman blaming race for not getting to the final of strictly, the same competition where many "brown" faces have made it - I mean it couldn't possibly be because she was sh1te? Can every white person blame racism and box ticking for not making it as well when a "brown" face have gone further?

These comments are from a woman of colour who presents many tv programmes and is probably earning a fortune. But manages to see racism when it doesn't even exist, and is so blind to her own privilege she has.
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 8:13 PM BST
lira millionaire timmy
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 8:16 PM BST
"Give the young lads some ambition

of hate and bitterness."

maybe we should stop telling them Britain is a racist country that hates them

would that help?
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 8:18 PM BST
what charities like this really do is send a message that "underprivileged" kids will never make it on their own because society is unfair etc.

funny how Lewis was able to manage
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 8:18 PM BST
of course there is a difference between Lewis and many of these kids: a father who is present and supportive

that's the real issue
Report macarony July 28, 2021 8:40 PM BST
Does he pay his 45% tax in the UK?
Report jollyswagman July 28, 2021 8:48 PM BST
magic daps,  when did hamilton say 'but i was massively oppressed due to my skin colour'?
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 8:49 PM BST
every second post on his twitter account is about racism and black lives matter
Report jollyswagman July 28, 2021 8:50 PM BST
that doesnt answer my question.
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 8:55 PM BST
"I experienced first-hand how coming from an under-represented background can affect your future...luckily for me, I was able to overcome those odds through opportunity and support"
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 8:56 PM BST
"under-represented background...overcome those odds"
Report jollyswagman July 28, 2021 9:01 PM BST
that isnt what daps posted.
Report mitolo July 28, 2021 9:03 PM BST
hamilton states he had 'opportunities' and 'support'. so he was able to become a a vulgar self-important fabulously wealthy semi-literate oaf with grotesque tribal markings and bits of shrapnel about his empty melon despite his upbringing in the ghetto that was rural hertfordshire? i didnt know he was black until he identified as such and had his absurd barnet done. depressing that one so stoopid is now taken seriously, and is newsworthy. he accepts there were no barriers to him, so whats the problem? the fact he is 'under-represented' is irrelevant. but i doubt he is. i suspect there are a plenty of other stupid people in f1, just not the people that own and run it.

f1 is not a sport. its a horrible business that attracts despots that seek to legitimise their vile regimes, at any cost, but great reward to hamilton and the vile circus that is f1. its also environmentally indefensible. but distressingly popular.
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 9:05 PM BST
he is implying he was disadvantaged due to his skin colour

it is unclear how big he thinks these disadvantages were

the fact he spends so much time talking about racism would suggest he thinks they were substantial and that racism is a big problem in the UK
Report mitolo July 28, 2021 9:14 PM BST
i dont think he was. in this instance only. you undermine you argument by being cavalier with the facts. he has moved on to do that. hamilton is an idiot who can play scalextric very well. thats all. he should be ignored
Report jollyswagman July 28, 2021 9:15 PM BST
so he didnt actually say the thing daps said he did?
Report TimmyRiggins July 28, 2021 9:16 PM BST

Jul 28, 2021 -- 2:40PM, macarony wrote:

Does he pay his 45% tax in the UK?

Didn't investigate but according to one article is in the top 5,000 of UK tax payers.

I'm not that bothered, but you can probably find out if the article is lying.

I'd guess he pays more than all of us morons put together Laugh

Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 9:19 PM BST
what is an "under-represented background"

he's hardly going to come out and say "I'm giving money to black kids" is he?
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 9:20 PM BST
i'd probably live in Monaco or Switzerland if I was him

his career is short

no need for him to be based in Britain
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 9:22 PM BST
"so he didnt actually say the thing daps said he did?"

he used ambiguous vague euphemisms but yes I believe that is what he meant
Report jollyswagman July 28, 2021 9:28 PM BST
if he didnt say the words daps attributed to him that wouldnt help daps in a libel court.

i doubt he pays 45%, taxes are for the little people. he will use the loop holes available to all rich people. dont blame him/them blame all the politicians who let the charade continue.

and, yes, it isnt sport but it is a cesspit. i always found the story of how ecclestone made himself a billionaire off the back of it astounding. but respect to bernie who is eighteen years older than his mother in law Laugh
Report jollyswagman July 28, 2021 9:30 PM BST
he will likely use ....
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 9:30 PM BST
looking at Hamilton's biography on wikipedia

his father supported him by working multiple jobs, but I can't see any evidence that lack of money held him back

racism is mentioned however

"Hamilton's father bought him a radio-controlled car when he was five.[13] Hamilton finished second in the national BRCA championship the following year against adult competition.[14] Being the only black child racing at his club, Hamilton was subjected to racist abuse.[13][15] "
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 9:31 PM BST
Hamilton has talked in the past about a lack of drivers "who look like me" in F1
Report moisok July 28, 2021 9:31 PM BST
excuse me  but his mum is white
Report jollyswagman July 28, 2021 9:32 PM BST
didnt he get some grief for his use of a tax avoidance scheme? planes or helicopters?
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 9:33 PM BST
Hamilton believes racism made his career more difficulty

i think a court would agree with that
Report moisok July 28, 2021 9:35 PM BST
He is a very good driver and I have always shouted for him and against the racists who posted against him coz of his colour.
He, unfortunately, has declined in popularity by bringing politics into the sport and lost a great deal of support.
Report mitolo July 28, 2021 9:40 PM BST
you miss the point. he said he was from an under-represented background. but what does that mean? there no chinese, or turkish cypriot or arabs or orthodox jews, or inuit, etc f1 drivers, as far as i know (norra lot). does that matter? is a perfect split between races desirable or necessary when it comes to sporting representaion? it will be some job to attain it. why are there no asian footballers? but a massiveley over-representative number of black ones? is this evidence of anti-asian attitudes in football? or that asian kids do other things. like cricket, and are pushed towards the professions; medicine, the law, etc. dont think the absence of them in football can be pinned on racism, do you?

josh apiafi, and rishi persad on rtv(who im a fan of ) bemoans the fact that though there are many different races in the horse-racing business, predominantly from south africa, asia and south america, there are very few black britons. this is prima facie evidence of racism. but it must be very selective, because only one race is excluded.

chinese people, who famously love racing, are totally ignored. if anything, they are more discrimated against, given their almost total absence. but diversity is not about them is it?
Report edy July 28, 2021 9:48 PM BST
i doubt he pays 45%, taxes are for the little people. he will use the loop holes available to all rich people. dont blame him/them blame all the politicians who carefully continue to craft the sophisticated network of (British overseas) tax havens.

corrected that for you Happy
Report jollyswagman July 28, 2021 9:56 PM BST
Laugh

indeed. have you read about the governance of the corporation of the city of london? businesses appoint two thirds of the electorate Crazy
Report Capt__F July 28, 2021 9:58 PM BST
is LH gay ? no worries either way but strange Fish
Report edy July 28, 2021 10:20 PM BST
No, I don't think I'm familiar with that.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com