Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
cryoftruth
22 Jul 21 12:52
| Topic/replies: 7,271 | Blogger: cryoftruth's blog
Basically the problem is a hard Brexit.

On one hand we have left the EU, and chose to leave the customs Union and with no agreement to comply with any of the rules etc regards standards etc. So the U.K. is largely just another country who deal with the EU, trades with the EU from outside.
Now the problem is that we had the Good Friday agreement that we signed. This states there can be no border between N Ireland (part of the U.K.) and Ireland (part of the EU).

Now Johnson repeatedly stated that there would be no border in the Irish Sea. He repeatedly told the people of Northern Ireland that there would be no trade barriers between Northern Ireland and the rest of the U.K. there is a hint to the real problem. If Johnson swears that something is not going to happen repeatedly is is usually because he intends for it to happen shortly afterwards. It’s in his very nature as a natural liar.

Then he signed another treaty. An agreement with the EU he accclaimed as a great victory and got Brexit done.

Trouble is the lied (no change there).

Turns out he agreed after all to a treaty with the EU that puts a nice fat trade barrier down the Irish Sea.

Understandably Northern Irish people, and The Unionists are now very angry. Indeed the peace process is more at risk now because of the lies and odious deviousness of Johnson than since the Good Friday agreement was signed.

I do have some sympathy for the people in Northern Ireland as they have been roundly shafted and taken for utter mugs by Johnson. However sympathy for the Unionists and the DUP in particular is limited by the fact that Brexit is what they campaigned for. It is further limited by the fact that propped up the Tory Government for a few years. You trust the Tories at your peril as history has repeatedly demonstrated, but they never seem to get it.

The Unionists are now seemingly blaming the EU for the mess, rather than admitting their own error and roundly condemning Johnson for the arrant liar he has proven so often to be. Shame that many people in Northern Ireland are now suffering because of the lies of Johnson.

The EU are not trying to unilaterally trying to break the agreement they signed with Johnson. Johnson is. How can they show goodwill towards Johnson? They have like us all seen him tell lie after lie.

Johnson. For God’s sake Go.
Pause Switch to Standard View The Irish problem
Show More
Report Foinavon July 27, 2021 4:52 PM BST
Giuseppe
Giuseppe27 Jul 21 15:21Joined: 21 Jun 05 | Topic/replies: 14,951 | Blogger: Giuseppe's blog
the IRA did not try to kill civilians with bombs

Who were the targets in Warrington on Saturday, 20 March 1993?

exceptions to these were due to errors or rogue units

A nice disclaimer I don't think.
Report Giuseppe July 27, 2021 5:08 PM BST
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrington_bombings#Second_attack

Shortly before midday on Saturday, 20 March 1993, The Samaritans in Liverpool received a bomb warning by telephone.

According to police, the caller said only that a bomb had been planted outside a Boots shop.[5][6][7]

Merseyside Police sent officers to branches of Boots in Liverpool and warned the Cheshire Constabulary, who patrolled nearby Warrington.[6]

About 30 minutes later, at about 12:25,[7][8][9][10] two bombs exploded on Bridge Street in Warrington, about 100 yards (90 m) apart.[6]

The blasts happened within a minute of each other.[8]

One exploded outside Boots and McDonald's,[6] and one outside the Argos catalogue store.[1]

The area was crowded with shoppers.

Witnesses said that shoppers fled from the first explosion into the path of the second.[1]

It was later found that the bombs had been placed inside cast-iron litter bins, causing large amounts of shrapnel.[10] Buses were organised to ferry people away from the scene and 20 paramedics and crews from 17 ambulances were sent to deal with the aftermath.[1]

The Provisional IRA issued a statement the day after the bombing, acknowledging its involvement but saying:

Responsibility for the tragic and deeply regrettable death and injuries caused in Warrington yesterday lies squarely at the door of those in the British authorities who deliberately failed to act on precise and adequate warnings.[12]

A day later, an IRA spokesman said that "two precise warnings" had been given "in adequate time", one to the Samaritans and one to Merseyside Police.[7]

He added: "You don't provide warnings if it is your intention to kill".[10] Cheshire's assistant chief constable denied there had been a second warning and said:

Yes, a warning was given half-an-hour before, but no mention was made of Warrington. If the IRA think they can pass on their responsibility for this terrible act by issuing such a nonsensical statement, they have sadly underestimated the understanding of the British public.[7]

A piece on BBC North West's Inside Out programme in September 2013 speculated that the bombing may have been the work of a "rogue" IRA unit, which was supported by the IRA but operated independently and who used operatives who were from England to avoid suspicion.[13] The programme also examined a possible link between the attack and British leftist political group Red Action, though nothing was ever proven.[14]
Report Giuseppe July 27, 2021 5:09 PM BST
it's the same story again and again

when civilains died it was because of some mix up with the warnings
Report Giuseppe July 27, 2021 5:10 PM BST
you can say they were reckless but you cannot say they wanted civilians to die
Report Giuseppe July 27, 2021 5:20 PM BST
i'm not defending the IRA

they shouldn't have put those bombs in Warrington

warning or no warning risk is too high
Report Foinavon July 27, 2021 5:53 PM BST
It's the timing and locations of two bombs that I find horrendous.
If they were set to go off at 2 am then I would be more prepared to believe they were to cause material damage only.
Report LoyalHoncho July 28, 2021 12:55 AM BST
"i would have thought by now you would realise in this world you can’t trust what people and certainly not terrorists say" 

You can't lfc1971?  Even when/after H.M. the Queen trusted Martin McGuiness enough to apologise to him on your and our behalf to clinch the Good Friday agreement?  I believe George Osborne later made him an employee of The Crown too and that seems like a h*ll of a lot of trust to me.   
Let's see you lie your way out of the above.
Report casemoney July 28, 2021 1:03 AM BST
Abercorn was probably a rogue action like Kingsmill

IRA never claimed reponsibilty

What a surprise

As stated Most of the current Generation in England not interested in the so called problem ,would be an Overwhelming vote to UNITE

Of course then the English would be blamed for starting a civil war ..
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 1:08 AM BST
IRA had a lot of members and a lot of weapons

not unreasonable to think some members did their own thing at times

similar happened in Cork in the 1920s

a few large protestant homes were attacked by rogue units before a stop was put to it by the leadership
Report Whisperingdeath July 28, 2021 5:31 AM BST

At Enniskillen no matter when the no warning bomb exploded innocent civilians would have been killed

The current British Government is leaving Afghan interpreters behind to be murdered by The Taliban.

Innocent civilians.
Report lapsy pa July 28, 2021 6:48 PM BST
'Massacre at Ballymurphy' is on RTE 1 @ 9.35pm tonight,it should be available on the RTE Player in UK soon,it is looking back on 11 innocent people killed by the British army on a Catholic estate.
Report peckerdunne July 28, 2021 9:05 PM BST
I hope the man holding the leaking brolly above Britain is watching.
Report lapsy pa July 28, 2021 9:41 PM BST
Hello PD,2 minutes in described as a Catholic ghetto,no chance of a job being Catholic in the nearly all Protestant factories,simply asked what school you went to.
Report lapsy pa July 28, 2021 9:43 PM BST
Hundreds of Catholics burned out of their homes by the b specials,no/little IRA then
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 9:47 PM BST
the trouble started with the Curragh Mutiny in 1914

after that unionists knew home rule would never be forced on them

before that, it was possible that London would have ignored their objections
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 9:50 PM BST
History, mystery.

'Tis a load of bolox. Things so bad for the Empire they have to resort to type. Too bad, they'll lose again.
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 9:50 PM BST
Churchill sent a gunboat to carlingford Lough at one pint I think

he was prepared to force the issue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curragh_incident#Paget's_orders

Winston Churchill (First Lord of the Admiralty). Churchill, who spoke at Bradford (14 March) to say that there were "worse things than bloodshed, even on an extended scale" and "Let us go forward together and put these grave matters to the proof", and Seely appear to have been courting some kind of confrontation with the UVF.[4]
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 9:51 PM BST
****s being losing for the last 100 years. And things ain't getting better for them. Sad Happy
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 9:51 PM BST
Irish officers, many of whom were protestant, made it clear they would disobey orders to enforce home rule in Ulster
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 9:52 PM BST
resign instead of obey orders
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 9:53 PM BST
after that London had little leverage
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 9:54 PM BST
Your ramblings on the mystery of history are irrelevant, Giuseppe. Unless you are echoing the Death Cry's of the Empire?
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 9:55 PM BST
So sad Happy
Report lapsy pa July 28, 2021 9:58 PM BST
It seems as if Johnson is dumping it without it looking like so,the conservative and unionist party name change time.
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 10:00 PM BST
F@GGOTS United.
Report lapsy pa July 28, 2021 10:01 PM BST
Snipers shoot Fr Mullen who was waving a white flag trying to help someone shot.
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 10:03 PM BST
Let it go lapsy pa. The whole world knows who the terrorist are. Don't live in a scum****s world.
Report lapsy pa July 28, 2021 10:05 PM BST
Okay Winningthought,you are saying it for a reason,people should watch this though,it would do away with a lot of ignorance.
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 10:09 PM BST
Nowt wrong with imprisoning your own citizens and declaring them 'Terrorists' without trial lapsy pa. Did you know that the only country that recognised the IRA as 'terrorists' was the UK?
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 10:11 PM BST
In context, the Empire was gone well before the 70's. Death throws now. They want to take the British people with them now. Sad Happy
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 10:12 PM BST
Sips more Guiness.
Report lapsy pa July 28, 2021 10:13 PM BST
I didn't WT,your earlier post is correct regarding the real terrorists,this is crazy and v sad viewing,how could it have happened?
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 10:20 PM BST
Scumfeckers party is over. They are going to try to take as many innocents down with them. They do nowhere to go. Final stop.
Report Whisperingdeath July 28, 2021 10:21 PM BST
Wasn’t it called the Irish question at one time?
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 10:21 PM BST
As an addendum, its bigger than Ireland. Party's over. They're Finnish.
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 10:22 PM BST
Whisperingdeath Joined: 25 Dec 11
Replies: 3667128 Jul 21 21:21 
Wasn’t it called the Irish question at one time?

**** off.
Report Whisperingdeath July 28, 2021 10:24 PM BST
I haven’t had the Guinness in a long time.

Maybe I shouldLaugh
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 10:27 PM BST
Yes. A pour pint to have to be done on Ireland really. Well, even better in Dublin, and then of course, in the right establishment. Otherwise it really isn't worth it. I'd rather travel to Cork and sink a couple of Beamish, truth be told Whisteringdeath.
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 10:34 PM BST
And you know what? As an English man you'd be better treated to a pint of stout than an Irish man. Without doubt.
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 10:36 PM BST
Perhaps that's why winning and will always win? We saw ye as losers 800 years ago, and sure, what harm?
Report lapsy pa July 28, 2021 10:41 PM BST
Coincidently  generally Murphys in Cork,establishment key alright, maybe at one stage a Northside/southside thing with beamish and crawford and Murphys Brewery,think they are both gone, the aforementioned used to end up with the Liam McCarthy cup there but not for a long time,all redevoloped
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 10:49 PM BST
Yes, it was a travesty!!! You had the Beamish brewery on the South main street that became owned by Newcastle & something in the 90's. They were eventually bought out in 2010 by Heineken who owned the Murphys Brewery in Lady's Well and production of Beamish moved to there.

Beamish. It really was the finest Stout ever brewed and less then 1% chemicals in the production. 8 pints and you were good to go in the morning. Great times too.
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 10:49 PM BST
big heineken brewery in cork isn't that where they brew murphys and lots of other stuff

the old beamish brewery is a nice building

franciscan well better than either of them
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 10:51 PM BST
Franciscan sold out, t'was independent. Never like their stuff but had a big following by the Euro-tech types working and EC2 and Apple.
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 10:51 PM BST
franciscan well has an onsite pub too
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 10:53 PM BST
33 degrees another cork independent brewery

they do some nice stuff
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 10:54 PM BST
yes Lady'S Well is the old Murphy's brewery now used by Heineken for many beers including Murphy's

Beamish is brewed there too but old Beamish brewery is closed
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 10:54 PM BST
Giuseppe Joined: 21 Jun 05
Replies: 1521428 Jul 21 21:51 
franciscan well has an onsite pub too

Sold out. They did brewing on site by the Lee. Not for me.
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 10:55 PM BST
Replies: 1521528 Jul 21 21:54 
yes Lady'S Well is the old Murphy's brewery now used by Heineken for many beers including Murphy's

Beamish is brewed there too but old Beamish brewery is closed

Do you even read what I post?
Report lapsy pa July 28, 2021 10:56 PM BST
Beamish was the cheapest pint too, i much preferred Murphys to Guinness,Beamish was odd because no one i drank with drunk it,i knew the young fellas in the North Mall ever before it came the Francisian,i was only seperated by the river.
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 10:56 PM BST
no
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 10:56 PM BST
You should be known as "nothing to add Giuseppe".
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 10:57 PM BST
yes Beamish was popular with pensioners in Dublin because it was cheaper
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 10:58 PM BST
Murphys has a bit more taste than Guinness but once you start drinking craft beer both taste like water
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 10:58 PM BST
Funny old world lapsy pa. For such a small place accents are distinguishable too Grin
Report lapsy pa July 28, 2021 10:59 PM BST
You had a distillery on the end of the North Mall,a guzz eyed security guard who we called 'paddy whiskey'(mad for the horses) used to let us alone in the back of the distillery,we called it 'the wanna' beautiful place which has since been opened up.
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 11:05 PM BST
Did the North Mall you are talking[ about become the Franciscan Well?
Report mitolo July 28, 2021 11:06 PM BST
ive ignored this fred because it is depressing, and i cannot any more deal with idiots who dont understand the subject but on a lighter note i can nearly concur with garibaldi that craft beer is much better than most alternatives, but not that murphys or guinness is no good. they are equal. all the rest is rubbish.
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 11:06 PM BST
Replies: 1521828 Jul 21 21:58 
Murphys has a bit more taste than Guinness but once you start drinking craft beer both taste like water

So wrong. Murphy's is the softest of the big 3.
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 11:08 PM BST
mitolo Joined: 13 Apr 21
Replies: 25028 Jul 21 22:06 
ive ignored this fred because it is depressing, and i cannot any more deal with idiots who dont understand the subject but on a lighter note i can nearly concur with garibaldi that craft beer is much better than most alternatives, but not that murphys or guinness is no good. they are equal. all the rest is rubbish.

Well said mitolo, I concur that Beamsih is easily the best stout.
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 11:08 PM BST
maybe you're right, have only drunk murphys a couple of times

my recollection is it was a bit nicer than guinness but still watery
Report lapsy pa July 28, 2021 11:10 PM BST
I could be corrected about this,there used to be a a green bridge between the North Gate bridge and the red bridge on the Sundays Well side,the origin of the 'Well' would be bang on where the green bridge was, the distillery was different though v near,i did go off topic,the 'Wanna' was utopia in a city centre.
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 11:12 PM BST
Giueppse, draw a line between Dublin and Cork. If you are closer to Cork, buy the Murphys and if you are close to Dublin buy the Guinnees. Stout doesn't travel well, and Beamish travels the worst. So when in Cork I always buy the Beamish because it is second to none.
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 11:13 PM BST
Smokey, chocolately Beamish... Mmmmmm, but only in Cork.
Report lapsy pa July 28, 2021 11:14 PM BST
Heart to God,it seems as if the Irish problem is what stout to drink.
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 11:16 PM BST
Grin

Exactly. Let'em come and we'll love'em to death Grin
Report mitolo July 28, 2021 11:17 PM BST
if only that was the omly one
Report lapsy pa July 28, 2021 11:19 PM BST
You saying we should switch Mitolo?
Report mitolo July 28, 2021 11:20 PM BST
is it possible that the best stout ive ever had was (guinness) was in the old shillelagh in london, n16. i know this sounds parochial but i know several irish folk who will swear it also
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 11:20 PM BST
I can't see how he could be saying anything else lapsy pa.
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 11:20 PM BST
there is a variety of bottled guinness, brewed in antwerp i think, high alcohol content, well worth a try if you can get it

some of the online companies stock it
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 11:22 PM BST
there's a guinness soft drink too, some of the african shops sell it
Report mitolo July 28, 2021 11:24 PM BST
switch what? i like em all. i even miss gillespies, even though it was too sweet
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 11:24 PM BST
I remember walking into a JD Weatherspoons in Leicester Square and asking for a pint of Guinness the bartend handing me a pre-made pint in a plastic cup. I took a sup and protested: "This is no good, can you pour me a new one?"

"No", he said. "This is a Weatherspoons, "what do you expect"

Sad
Report lapsy pa July 28, 2021 11:25 PM BST
Mitolo not saying you are wrong and i am saying this truthfully(imo) a pint in Ireland is  completely different than England,no comparison you are getting the short straw,i don't know how and why there is such a difference but there is.
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 11:27 PM BST
Replies: 1522128 Jul 21 22:20 
there is a variety of bottled guinness, brewed in antwerp i think, high alcohol content, well worth a try if you can get it

Nigeria. It has been the largest brewery of Guinness in the world for well gone 20 years. They do the 330ml bottles @ 7.5%.
Report mitolo July 28, 2021 11:34 PM BST
i totally get that pa, ive had many where you reside, but this small sample was backed up by some of your own. despite that, id rather be having one in eiranns green isle now than where i am now, desperate to get out.Sad i was drooling over killarney last week, even more so because the hoards of coach-parties were nowhere to be seen. otherwise, the gaff is a no-go
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 11:35 PM BST
no this is definitely belgian not african
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 11:38 PM BST
I'll take the African over the Belgian every day of the week.
Report Giuseppe July 28, 2021 11:39 PM BST
never tried the african one
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 11:40 PM BST
It's rampant in the UK, and jolly good stuff too.
Report lapsy pa July 28, 2021 11:40 PM BST
I don't think it will be too long Mitolo,things starting to look a lot better,i flew home a month ago after not being there since 2019,you will get there and enjoy it and that is with warts and all. I can see you say a pint of guinness beamish murphys please and doing the taste test soon.
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 11:41 PM BST
Yes order one of each and get them on the bar in front of you at the same time. You'd have to be in Fermony for it to be a fair contest imo.
Report mitolo July 28, 2021 11:41 PM BST
winningthought Joined: 25 Oct 01
Replies: 2402028 Jul 21 22:24 
I remember walking into a JD Weatherspoons in Leicester Square and asking for a pint of Guinness the bartend handing me a pre-made pint in a plastic cup. I took a sup and protested: "This is no good, can you pour me a new one?"

"No", he said. "This is a Weatherspoons, "what do you expect'

one of the tragedies of london is that the middle of it contains no londoners, they dont live there and the people you see are all tourists and every pub/restaurant is a disgrace, including the 'irish' pubs. i hate going into the west end for this reason.
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 11:43 PM BST
I take a bit of offence at the mitolo, Irish pubs are London.
Report mitolo July 28, 2021 11:46 PM BST
id like to try that but fermoy is not somewhere ive had on my radar
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 11:47 PM BST
Fethard Co. Tip then.
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 11:48 PM BST
I remember way back watching the Saw Doctors in Fethard, must have been about 1990. Happy days.
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 11:49 PM BST
I thought they were singing about my London post code but alas they weren't Sad
Report lapsy pa July 28, 2021 11:49 PM BST
Unless you are into fly fishing maybe or want a glimpse of Flatley,lived in London for a good while and generally good memories though the exodus was well underway by the Londoners in the 80's
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 11:49 PM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32-WdYOeJLk
Report mitolo July 28, 2021 11:53 PM BST
oh no they aint.. aside from the one i mentioned. kilburnia aint what it was. there are still a few good inglish pubs, but they are sadly all to rare. but the ones that survive, funnily enough, often do not serve guinness, but other trendy stouts from independent brewers. which i dont really mind. the explosion in micro-breweries has been game-changing over the last decade, and the big b@stard breweries, whove been feeding sh1te to the masses for a long time are getting very bottly about it. the tide has turned against the mass-produced gassy garbage.
Report lapsy pa July 28, 2021 11:55 PM BST
Nice talking and good luck if you are punting this week,goodnight.
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 11:56 PM BST
I can't actually comment on the state of London boozers. It's been far too long. Where does the time go Shocked
Report winningthought July 28, 2021 11:57 PM BST
gl lapsy pa.
Report Whisperingdeath July 29, 2021 6:01 AM BST
Stout doesn't travel well, and Beamish travels the worst

I concur. I am not 100% sure but I think I had a pint of Beamish in Fiji and it was not good.

is it possible that the best stout ive ever had was (guinness) was in the old shillelagh in london, n16. i know this sounds parochial but i know several irish folk who will swear it also

I think the best pint of Guinness was in the Shillelagh but in The HagueShocked. I have not been to The Auld Shillelagh in Stoke Fenoke but it is now on my radar, thanks.

Nigeria. It has been the largest brewery of Guinness in the world for well gone 20 years. They do the 330ml bottles @ 7.5%.

I think I may have a bottle of that under my sink. Too scared to try it tbh. Given as a gift.
Report peckerdunne July 29, 2021 2:46 PM BST
Hi Pa, hope yer well fella.

Liffey water doesn't travel well.

Beamish, if ye went for a pish it would be gone by the time you got back to the bar...

In Cork twould be rude not to order Murphys.
Report peckerdunne July 29, 2021 2:46 PM BST
i don't mean stolen either Laugh
Report lfc1971 July 29, 2021 3:00 PM BST
could drink more iodine ffs
Report peckerdunne July 29, 2021 5:40 PM BST
Oh yeah

HUP SKIBB Love
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539