Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
cryoftruth
22 Jul 21 12:52
| Topic/replies: 7,364 | Blogger: cryoftruth's blog
Basically the problem is a hard Brexit.

On one hand we have left the EU, and chose to leave the customs Union and with no agreement to comply with any of the rules etc regards standards etc. So the U.K. is largely just another country who deal with the EU, trades with the EU from outside.
Now the problem is that we had the Good Friday agreement that we signed. This states there can be no border between N Ireland (part of the U.K.) and Ireland (part of the EU).

Now Johnson repeatedly stated that there would be no border in the Irish Sea. He repeatedly told the people of Northern Ireland that there would be no trade barriers between Northern Ireland and the rest of the U.K. there is a hint to the real problem. If Johnson swears that something is not going to happen repeatedly is is usually because he intends for it to happen shortly afterwards. It’s in his very nature as a natural liar.

Then he signed another treaty. An agreement with the EU he accclaimed as a great victory and got Brexit done.

Trouble is the lied (no change there).

Turns out he agreed after all to a treaty with the EU that puts a nice fat trade barrier down the Irish Sea.

Understandably Northern Irish people, and The Unionists are now very angry. Indeed the peace process is more at risk now because of the lies and odious deviousness of Johnson than since the Good Friday agreement was signed.

I do have some sympathy for the people in Northern Ireland as they have been roundly shafted and taken for utter mugs by Johnson. However sympathy for the Unionists and the DUP in particular is limited by the fact that Brexit is what they campaigned for. It is further limited by the fact that propped up the Tory Government for a few years. You trust the Tories at your peril as history has repeatedly demonstrated, but they never seem to get it.

The Unionists are now seemingly blaming the EU for the mess, rather than admitting their own error and roundly condemning Johnson for the arrant liar he has proven so often to be. Shame that many people in Northern Ireland are now suffering because of the lies of Johnson.

The EU are not trying to unilaterally trying to break the agreement they signed with Johnson. Johnson is. How can they show goodwill towards Johnson? They have like us all seen him tell lie after lie.

Johnson. For God’s sake Go.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 10  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 10 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 372
By:
casemoney
When: 22 Jul 21 12:59
Its another BOJO thread from his number one fan ,what a surprise Grin
By:
lapsy pa
When: 22 Jul 21 13:30
No problem in the North of Ireland,they are in the EU and the UK,the majority want this.
By:
MALAY
When: 22 Jul 21 13:31
definitely lapsy pa.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 22 Jul 21 13:33
An economic nirvana, Scots and the Welsh would bite the hand off for the same
By:
MALAY
When: 22 Jul 21 13:41
indeed great business opportunities
By:
lapsy pa
When: 22 Jul 21 13:48
Yes, you have that,the South of the Island rocking even with covid.You would want to be some neanderthal to be fawning to someone that is pissing on you from a height,simple as that.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 22 Jul 21 13:52
God forgive me,it is so f beautiful.
By:
MALAY
When: 22 Jul 21 13:54
Indeed. Laugh
By:
lfc1971
When: 22 Jul 21 13:58
It’s the unionists who care about trade , and that it runs smoothly , unfortunately it’s the republican flag shaggers causing problems
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 22 Jul 21 13:59
Quick walk lfc,
By:
lfc1971
When: 22 Jul 21 14:02
I’m almost home :)
By:
MALAY
When: 22 Jul 21 14:04
lfc1971
lfc197122 Jul 21 13:58Joined: 06 Nov 11 | Topic/replies: 52,338 | Blogger: lfc1971's blog
It’s the unionists who care about trade , and that it runs smoothly , unfortunately it’s the republican flag shaggers causing problems

republican's didn't campaign , support or sign the Brexit deal.

Own it, it's on the DUP and Tories nobody else.
By:
lfc1971
When: 22 Jul 21 14:08
The south of Ireland is in the EU - own it
By:
MALAY
When: 22 Jul 21 14:11
the full of Ireland is in it from what i can see
By:
lapsy pa
When: 22 Jul 21 14:12
Yes,it is the EU  United Island of Ireland.
By:
lfc1971
When: 22 Jul 21 14:12
Well your eyesight isn’t very good , that’s what flag shagging does
By:
lfc1971
When: 22 Jul 21 14:13
Makes you blind
By:
lapsy pa
When: 22 Jul 21 14:16
The Republic are looking after you with sausages lfc,be thankful,they will be better off than the 'mainland' soon.
By:
lfc1971
When: 22 Jul 21 14:16
About 5 or 6 miles yhtl , not bad in this heat
By:
lfc1971
When: 22 Jul 21 14:19
They already are better off than the mainland lp , and have always been
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 22 Jul 21 14:19
It's cloudy here today
By:
lfc1971
When: 22 Jul 21 14:20
Doesn’t stop them whineing
By:
A_T
When: 22 Jul 21 14:20
the shafting of the unionists an open wound for poor old lfc
By:
lapsy pa
When: 22 Jul 21 14:23
Anyway it is such a farce that one of the main arguments was about sausages,them and a lot more are flying over 'the border', the trade figures have gone huge so it not sausage but a painful longing to be Englishmen in NI and that is so sad.
By:
lfc1971
When: 22 Jul 21 14:23
Have to go out again !
By:
layingisthewayforward
When: 22 Jul 21 14:45
Cryoftruth whining about Bozo, change the record man.
By:
Wallflower
When: 22 Jul 21 14:56
The EU response to Johnson / Frost paper is a lesson in diplomacy. How to tell someone to ever go and f8*ck off politely.  By the way - the NI protocol is UK law - mightn't be that easy to overturn.

We take note =  " yeah, yeah whatever"
Type of Brexit chosen  =  "Brexit means Brexit, baby"
"Look forward to speaking"  = "Going to keep kicking your ar3e until it gets through your thick heads, the NI protocol stays"

"The Protocol on Ireland / Northern Ireland is the joint solution that the EU found with Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Lord David Frost – and was ratified by the UK Parliament – to address the unique challenges that Brexit, and the type of Brexit chosen by the British governmentShocked, poses for the island of Ireland. Its aim is to protect the Good Friday (Belfast) Agreement in all its parts, maintain peace and stability in Northern Ireland, avoid a hard border on the island of Ireland, while preserving the integrity of the EU Single Market. In order for these objectives to be achieved, the Protocol must be implemented. Respecting international legal obligations is of paramount importance.

The EU has sought flexible, practical solutions to overcome the difficulties citizens in Northern Ireland are experiencing regarding the implementation of the Protocol. For example, on 30 June, the Commission tabled a package of measures to address certain pressing issues, including changing our own rules to ensure the long-term supply of medicines from Great Britain to Northern Ireland. These solutions were brought about with the core purpose of benefiting the people in Northern Ireland.

We take note of the statement made by Lord Frost today.

We will continue to engage with the UK, also on the suggestions made today. We are ready to continue to seek creative solutions, within the framework of the Protocol, in the interest of all communities in Northern Ireland. However, we will not agree to a renegotiation of the Protocol.

Joint action in the joint bodies established by the Withdrawal Agreement will be of paramount importance over the coming months. We must prioritise stability and predictability in Northern Ireland.

I look forward to speaking to Lord Frost soonGrinGrin.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 22 Jul 21 20:42
Stand up Ireland,Patel you aren't gonna starve jack sheet,the karma, lying Britain keep your promises,you dug your own hole.

Frost is a disgrace,zero shame,entertained by courtesy,get up off the floor.
By:
Wallflower
When: 22 Jul 21 21:07
This is not technically an Ireland - UK issue, not a matter of Ireland standing-up to UK.  Its an EU - UK issue and the protection of the EU border.

In fairness to Ireland they've played a diplomatic blinder on this and ran rings round the UK, having EU and US completely backing them and representing their interests without having direct confrontation with UK.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 22 Jul 21 21:22
Don't want it Wallflower,the UK made their own bed,and i wasn't against it in principle but to be basically trying to put the blame on NIP is outlandish,Frost negotiated it,i am sick of the blame game amongst that shower of shysters,they are f useless.
By:
casemoney
When: 23 Jul 21 21:57
"90% of Northern Irish people don't give a fcuck about the protocol "

90 % of the South dont give a fook about the North ,the last thing they want is a united eire

By name yes , by anything else no
By:
casemoney
When: 23 Jul 21 21:59
They are Quite happy to call for United , as Long as the UK tax payer is funding
By:
MALAY
When: 23 Jul 21 23:00
I Live in south of Ireland and have done for 20 years, I think you are talking absolute garbage. no offence intended.

where do you get this opinion from, do you know Irish people ? I know you post on greyhound forum so possibly you do, but it seems a bizaare post to make.

The vast majority of Irish people despise the British establishment and want them out their Island for good.
By:
lfc1971
When: 23 Jul 21 23:06
20 years , that’s not very long is it ?
I suggest you have a bit more respect for those who have lived there a lot longer than that
By:
MALAY
When: 23 Jul 21 23:22
I have respect for everybody on this Irish Island including the Orange Order, the British establishment don,t stay here.

whereabouts in Ireland do you reside Lfc if i'm not being nosey ?
By:
lfc1971
When: 23 Jul 21 23:28
The ‘ British establishment ‘ stays in N Ireland as long as the people who live there are part of the ‘ British estsblisment ‘
And as I said they’ve been there longer than you
By:
MALAY
When: 23 Jul 21 23:32
the question remains the same, don't need to answer obviously
By:
lfc1971
When: 23 Jul 21 23:34
It’s not only you Malay , so it’s nothing personal  , it’s everyone in Ireland will have to get their head round that simple fact
By:
lfc1971
When: 23 Jul 21 23:34
I live in Eastbourne
Page 1 of 10  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 10 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo