Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
casemoney
21 Jul 21 22:08
| Topic/replies: 40,821 | Blogger: casemoney's blog
How much do these people want ?  Staff nurse on 30/35 bags a year What should they be paid

You cant get into a fooking hospital Laugh

Care homeworkers working for £9 an hour Sad
Pause Switch to Standard View 3 % not enough
Show More
Report akabula July 22, 2021 12:34 AM BST
Supermarket workers, what are they on? Yet they worked every day throughout the pandemic.
Report akabula July 22, 2021 12:37 AM BST
Probably had to buy their own masks as well and didn't get a doorstep clap either.
Report sageform July 22, 2021 10:46 AM BST
Supply and demand will sort it out but there is a pressure group on the news every single day demanding more money. I have to say that as I had a fairly urgent operation in January 2021 which has led to 12 follow up day visits to hospital, they have never changed an appointment or shown any sign of urgency or overwork due to Covid19. In contrast the GP surgery is like Fort Knox.
Report DancingBraveTheBest July 22, 2021 3:56 PM BST
They could spend their extra wonga on dance lessons as i noticed at the height of the plandemic when the nhs was within days of being overun their dance routines left a lot to be desired.
Report cryoftruth July 22, 2021 4:21 PM BST
Of course a nice pay cut for the nurses is what they truly deserve. All the applause was quite enough.

Funny that Handcock’s barman got zillions of tax payers money and the PPEgate scandal saw Troy chums get £1.5 billion. Mind you they really deserved it for all their tireless donations to the Conservative Party.
Report feedthepony July 22, 2021 4:22 PM BST
The NHS have failed the public - should be getting their pay cut
Report cryoftruth July 22, 2021 4:25 PM BST
Quite right too. We cannot have all these Marxist nurses and life savers getting the idea that their work to save people and roll out the most successful vaccination programme in Europe was at all beneficial to us can we?

Close the hospitals now we here you cry.

What a pile of tripe.
Report feedthepony July 22, 2021 4:32 PM BST
hospitals have pretty much been closed to most since March 2020
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 22, 2021 4:34 PM BST
3% is not a pay rise

It's treading water.

Not paying folk cost of living
payrises is a pay cut.

More austerity follows, and
downward spiral of toryism continues.
Report saddo July 22, 2021 4:50 PM BST
There wont be much austerity forced on those treading water on 30-35k.
Report politicspunter July 22, 2021 4:52 PM BST
I think a nurses pay starts around 25K when qualified?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 22, 2021 4:55 PM BST
Saddo likes to look at it from
a propaganda point of view.

Totally detached from reality these days
Report Foinavon July 22, 2021 5:00 PM BST
Boing Oh you just broke the irony meter YHTL
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 22, 2021 5:14 PM BST
Easier to post funnies than
address the issue foinavon

3% is treading water,

True inflation likely over 5%
at the mo.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 22, 2021 5:15 PM BST
Not many nurses, hospital cleaners,
able to work from home.
Report saddo July 22, 2021 5:17 PM BST
Cleaners and many other people working in hospitals are nothing to do with the NHS in many places. They work for the people that Labour sold em to.
Report Dr Crippen July 22, 2021 5:18 PM BST
Boing Oh you just broke the irony meter YHTL

Now that's a classy post.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 22, 2021 5:28 PM BST
So those cleaners employed by NHS dont
matter because some are outsourced.

Lol
Report saddo July 22, 2021 5:31 PM BST
I would guess it is far more than some, a majority probably, and catering staff. Do you not want a rise for all hospital cleaners?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 22, 2021 5:35 PM BST
Outsourcing increases as tory cuts bite
into NHS budgets.

Mrsa increases as outsourcing
increases.

Yes, I'd like to see all hospital cleaners get
a pay rise,
Report saddo July 22, 2021 5:48 PM BST
'Outsourcing increases as tory cuts bite
into NHS budgets.'

So 'outsourcing' is bad, but you loudly blame this government for NHS cleaners low pay, while saying nowt about those cleaners that Labour sold out. No surprise there.
Report saddo July 22, 2021 5:51 PM BST
Of course I may have missed your daily anti-Blair tirades when PFIs kicked off the outsourcing boom. Apologies if so.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 22, 2021 5:53 PM BST
Lol

Tories have been in power for 11 years

11 years largely of chosen austerity

And saddo banging on about labour,

They need a pay rise, now

Nowt to do with 11 years ago
Report GAZO July 22, 2021 5:54 PM BST
11 years of austerity and the debts went upLaugh
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 22, 2021 5:55 PM BST
Bliar was constantly in my cross hairs

Not sure what you are on about here
when you seem to have zero memory
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 22, 2021 5:56 PM BST
Gazo you demonstrated yesterday you don't understand finance.
Report GAZO July 22, 2021 5:57 PM BST
what the fcuk are you going on about
Report leif July 22, 2021 5:58 PM BST
Anyone on here  know a 'bank nurse'?

some of them earning anything upwards of 50/60k a year.
Report politicspunter July 22, 2021 5:59 PM BST
I will never grasp that when things are currently going wrong, some folks blame Labour.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 22, 2021 6:00 PM BST
That you demonstrated yesterday that you
don't understand finance.

Another memory failing...
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 22, 2021 6:02 PM BST
Blaming labour is a comfort blanket for them
as they can't accept johnson
is simply useless, and probably corrupt.
Report Foinavon July 22, 2021 6:28 PM BST
It's even easier to post an ad hominem about another poster YHTL.

I cannot address this issue I can only post my opinion which is that 3% seems a reasonable offer to public service employees who have advantages not available to many low paid workers in the private sector.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 22, 2021 6:31 PM BST
It's even easier to post an ad hominem about another poster YHTL.

As you demonstrated, lol
Report Foinavon July 22, 2021 6:34 PM BST
Even more ironic.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 22, 2021 6:43 PM BST
I think you've bust your own meter.
Report saddo July 22, 2021 6:43 PM BST
I'd stop digging donny, long day an all.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 22, 2021 6:46 PM BST
Lol, the back up, just let's me know
how much you are suffering

Ta
Report GAZO July 22, 2021 7:24 PM BST
still trying to work out about the gdp
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 22, 2021 7:50 PM BST
There's an interesting article for you

https://www.forbes.com/sites/francescoppola/2018/04/17/everything-youve-been-told-about-government-debt-is-wrong/?sh=1c7c06e8314f

Quite old, but good start.
Report GAZO July 22, 2021 7:56 PM BST
what had blair got to do with 11 years of austerity ?
Report GAZO July 22, 2021 7:59 PM BST
just explain what the article is about,possibly it doesnt matter how much debt governments have from the headline
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 22, 2021 8:27 PM BST
Bliar and brown inherited an economy
that had tanked along under stewardship
of Ken Clarke.

Things went quite well until the lack
of government money caused finance
crisis.

Brown helped re finance moneysupply
by coordinating money printing.

When tories took over from brown they
decided to reduce deficit, which isnt
a bad move, but they tackled it by
cutting back on public spending.

This means banks have money still, but
less folk can afford to buy stuff.

Having set up trickledown economics
they removed demand from bottom.

I've over simplified stuff as I don't want
to write an essay.

My thoughts are debt can rise, if its
global, and if its fed into all levels.

UK has pumped money into top layer but
starved the rest
Report GAZO July 22, 2021 9:48 PM BST
debt is fine to a point but governments wont ever see that point because they will do things to just to get elected and dont look too far into the future
Report cryoftruth July 22, 2021 10:38 PM BST
And now the stinking Tory liars have said that the 3% pay rise will have to met by the NHS with no new money available.

That means that there are now going to be planned cuts to the NHS by the stinking Tories.

I suppose we had to pay for the huge corrupt bungs the Tories made to their chums in the PPE scandal. Shame for the NHS to pay for Tory corruption though although it’s a sign of the priorities of the Tories when bungs for Handcock’s barman are worth more to them than the NHS.
Report akabula July 22, 2021 10:42 PM BST
Betfair need to introduce some sort of intelligence test before allowing people to post.
Until then we'll have to suffer CoTs repetitive nonsense.
Report cryoftruth July 22, 2021 10:48 PM BST
Aha the Scotland hater is on good form once again.
No decent argument.
No common sense, indeed no sense at all.
Just mindless abuse and vindictive unpleasantness.
Well done bula old pal. You are consistent at least although I doubt you are happy.
Report cryoftruth July 22, 2021 10:48 PM BST
And now the stinking Tory liars have said that the 3% pay rise will have to met by the NHS with no new money available.

That means that there are now going to be planned cuts to the NHS by the stinking Tories.

I suppose we had to pay for the huge corrupt bungs the Tories made to their chums in the PPE scandal. Shame for the NHS to pay for Tory corruption though although it’s a sign of the priorities of the Tories when bungs for Handcock’s barman are worth more to them than the NHS.
Report akabula July 22, 2021 10:50 PM BST
Shoosh CoT
Report cryoftruth July 22, 2021 10:52 PM BST

Report akabula July 22, 2021 11:12 PM BST
CoT very few on here pay any attention to what you post. Laugh
Report casemoney July 23, 2021 1:34 AM BST
LaughBecause its the same repetitive SHYTE
Report LoyalHoncho July 23, 2021 6:32 AM BST
I would only make one change to your latest post CoT, namely,: "with no new money being made available".  Otherwise, your contributions are first class and free of bigoted crayon work.
Please strike NHS staff, please strike, and make this cesspit of a government fall on its sword.  Happy here to crowd fund so hatdship can be averted.
Did anyone see that fckwit Jenrick getting ripped up for rsspaper by the ITV Political Correspondent Hewitt?  This kid has got a big career ahead of him.
Report lfc1971 July 23, 2021 7:03 AM BST
Pay for your prescriptions Scots and scrap the Barnett formula , that woukd be a start
Too selfish ?
Report GAZO July 23, 2021 8:00 AM BST
might be best to look at ways to give out less prescriptions and stop making people dependent on drugs,would upset the drug companies but tough
Report politicspunter July 23, 2021 8:11 AM BST
An NHS pay deal which offers an average increase of 4% will be immediately implemented after the majority of NHS unions voted to accept the biggest pay uplift since devolution. The increase covers 16 months, having been backdated to 1 December 2020 in recognition of an exceptional year of significant pressure for staff. This comes on top of the £500 thank you payment for health and social care workers.

Benefiting around 154,000 employees covered by the ‘Agenda for Change’ NHS pay and grading system – including nurses, paramedics and allied health professionals, as well as domestic staff, porters and healthcare support staff plus other front line health workers - this is the most generous increase anywhere in the UK. Staff should expect to receive payments, including the backdated uplift, this summer.

Staff on pay bands 1 to 7, almost 95% of Agenda for Change staff, will receive at least a 4% pay rise compared to 2020/21. This means those on the lowest Agenda for Change pay point will get a 5.4% increase and those on the highest pay points will receive uplifts of £800.

The UK Government’s submission to the NHS Pay Review body (PRB) provided for a £250 uplift for staff earning less than £24,000 and 1% for all other NHS Agenda for Change staff.  Assuming the Department of Health in England maintains its current position, staff in Scotland will be considerably better off in 2021-22.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said:

“I am delighted that unions representing a majority of NHS staff have voted to accept our offer of a pay rise of 4% on average. We all rely on the hard work and dedication of NHS Scotland, and never more so than during this pandemic. This pay rise, the biggest pay uplift for NHS staff since devolution recognises the unwavering commitment of NHS Scotland staff.

“If the Department of Health sticks with the offer it has proposed, staff in Scotland will be considerably better off in 2021-22 than their counterparts in England.

“This has been an exceptionally challenging year for our health service and I am delighted that the Scottish Government has been able to recognise the service and dedication of our healthcare staff. On behalf of us all, thank you for all you have done and for all you continue to do.”

Background

On 24 March the Scottish Government announced a pay offer for Action for Change employees which unions agreed to take to staff. The pay offer is:

Bands 1 - 4: a flat uplift of £1,009
Bands 5 - 7: a 4% uplift
Bands 8a - 8c: a 2% uplift
Bands 8D – 9: a flat uplift of £800
NHS staff side met on May 12th following the closure of the staff ballot on the Agenda for Change pay deal. Seven of the nine unions representing AfC staff have voted to accept the deal. While support for the deal was not unanimous, a clear majority of staff who voted wish to accept it.

British Dietetic Association

Accept

College of Podiatrists

Accept

Chartered Society of Physiotherapy

Accept

GMB

Reject

RCM

Accept

RCN

Reject

Society of Radiographers

Accept

UNISON

Accept

Unite

Accept

Assuming the Department of Health in England maintains its current position, staff in Scotland will be considerably better off in 2021-22:

Pay for a porter at the top of Band 2 will be over £2,028 more
Pay for a healthcare assistant at the top of Band 3 will be over £2,211 more
Pay for a healthcare support worker at the top of Band 4 will be over £1,583 more
Pay for a ward nurse at the top of Band 5 will be over £1,994 more
Pay for a paramedic at the top of Band 6 will be nearly £2,467 more
Pay for an advanced nurse practitioner at the top of Band 7 will be over £2,898 more.
Agenda for Change is the NHS pay system for all staff directly employed by NHS Health Boards with the exception of Medical and Dental staff who are within the remit of the Doctors’ and Dentists’ Review Body, and Executive and Senior Management staff. Across the UK, the system applies to over one million NHS staff and in NHS Scotland approximately 154,000 NHS Staff are on these terms and conditions of service.

I think would be fairer if the England NHS matched the offer given by the Scottish Government.
Report TheBetterBettor July 23, 2021 9:05 AM BST
What did the 'NHS Unions' say about the mandatory covid jabs, or is that part of the new pay package?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 23, 2021 11:13 AM BST
I guess they welcomed them

Not so many YouTube whackjobs
in scotland
Report cryoftruth July 23, 2021 11:41 AM BST
That is true. In Scotland the people, even those wanting the Union to last are fed up with the current Tory lies deceit and corruption.
Report saddo July 23, 2021 12:13 PM BST
So anyone not wanting a vaccine is a 'youtube whackjob', is this where we are?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 23, 2021 12:14 PM BST
Lol saddo, you ain't applying logi correctly

Again!
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 23, 2021 12:14 PM BST
Logic
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com