Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sofiakenny
21 Jul 21 21:12
| Topic/replies: 25,214 | Blogger: sofiakenny's blog
Please give your guess for 14 days from now...I will guess at 94000..please put your guess on this thread ty.
Pause Switch to Standard View 40000 cases today how many 2 weeks...
Show More
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 1:36 PM BST
CNN is cancer, I can't watch it
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 1:38 PM BST
Irish front pages devoid of stories about covid today, except the Star which had an interview with Martin hence the quote

there is no crisis
Report shiny new shoes please August 5, 2021 1:46 PM BST
Micheal Martin "I expect 5 year olds will get vaccinated"

C,mom Giuseppe •.  .. Posted here a year ago lol.
Another spoiler alert

⚡️ROAD WARRIORS✔️ IRISH☘️ROAD RACING + (Southern100, Isle of Man)
Report Cider August 5, 2021 3:31 PM BST
It's really misplaced to couch covid vax for kids as a free choice. They have been put into an invidious position. Shame, more shame heaped on the general public. You just cannot believe the authorities manufacturing a situation that results in society chewing itself apart.
Report Cider August 5, 2021 3:34 PM BST
If you think they will stop at 16s and 17s you need your bumps felt. We all know the MO now, chip away, lie, chip away again, in an inexorable journey to the end goal. The ends justify the means, don't they.
Report SontaranStratagem August 5, 2021 3:51 PM BST
Chip away makes sense

But they are straight up going for the kill now

And when you've got imbecile parents on SKY News telling their 16 year sons to "go for it" you realise we've lost and lost badly in the information war

We never stood a chance in that department though did we lets be honest
Report SontaranStratagem August 5, 2021 3:52 PM BST
Chip away, lie, get caught but ignore, chip away, lie, get caught in the lie again but just carry on anyway
Report Cider August 5, 2021 4:00 PM BST
It's a perfect storm, a threat you can't see and the people in control of the narrative huge beneficiaries. Most of the MPs quite happy to collect their salaries from home, grants for IT, no reason to rush back to parliament or demand it is restored. Plus of course government splashing the cash on advertising space and for the media, fear sells.
Report politicspunter August 5, 2021 4:09 PM BST
Current UK adult vaccination figures...

1st dose 88.7%
2nd dose 73.5%

Another new 200,000 vaccinations yesterday keeps the figures ticking along steadily.
Report A_T August 5, 2021 4:14 PM BST
wonder if cases will start to rise again once back to school arrives
Report Cider August 5, 2021 4:18 PM BST
are you counting positive tests, or people who are actually very ill with covid?
Report A_T August 5, 2021 4:19 PM BST
positive tests of course
Report Cider August 5, 2021 4:23 PM BST
as long as we continue to test millions of healthy people, positivity will fall and rise. even if nobody has covid.
Report A_T August 5, 2021 4:25 PM BST
Cider if hospital capacity becomes a major worry would you support a reintroduction of restrictions?
Report Cider August 5, 2021 4:26 PM BST
Obviously not.
Report A_T August 5, 2021 4:30 PM BST
so what should happen to all the sick people?
Report Cider August 5, 2021 4:32 PM BST
If you're referring to people sick enough to need hospitalisation from covid, how are they contracting it, and why are they ending up in hospital? (in your hypothetical scenario)
Report A_T August 5, 2021 4:35 PM BST
that's not an answer to the question. try again
Report feedthepony August 5, 2021 4:35 PM BST
It's crazy how many people have been brainwashed by the fear - it must be some form of hypnosis.

What right thinking parent would encourage their 16 year old to take this experimental vaccination?

What right thinking grandparent would want their 16 year old grandchild to take an experimental vaccine to protect them?

Society is gone - it an only be hyponsis and the masses are in a trance

My own mother has fallen out wth me for refusing the vax - wonder what she'll be like when she finds out there is no way my kids are getting it either
Report shiny new shoes please August 5, 2021 4:35 PM BST
The United kingdom of China
Nice ring to it Tongue OutLaugh
Report Cider August 5, 2021 4:39 PM BST
that's not an answer to the question. try again

It was a dumb question.

What usually happens to sick people? If they are very ill, they usually get admitted to hospital.
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 4:41 PM BST
"Another new 200,000 vaccinations yesterday keeps the figures ticking along steadily. "

lol will you ever reach 89%?

you'll need a new number soon to include 16 and 17 year olds
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 4:42 PM BST
wonder what % of irish parents will get their 5 year olds vaccinated
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 4:43 PM BST
"Cider if hospital capacity becomes a major worry would you support a reintroduction of restrictions? "

why would that happen now, if it didn't happen when nobody was vaccinated?
Report A_T August 5, 2021 4:43 PM BST
at one point in 2020 overall deaths were running at twice the normal rate - highest since WW2. why do you think that was?
Report A_T August 5, 2021 4:44 PM BST
why would that happen now, if it didn't happen when nobody was vaccinated?

because of lockdown
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 4:47 PM BST
the vulnerable are vaccinated

the vaccines work

there are not going to be a large numbers of hospitalisations
Report Cider August 5, 2021 4:47 PM BST
People can act as if there is a lockdown if they are vulnerable or in fear of covid. It doesn't have to young people out of misplaced solidarity.
Report A_T August 5, 2021 4:48 PM BST
but if there were would you support lockdowns being brought back?
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 4:48 PM BST
the UK was recording 50,000 cases a day in January DURING LOCKDOWN

the hospitals weren't full even then
Report A_T August 5, 2021 4:49 PM BST
Cider still quite unable to answer simple questions about Covid
Report Cider August 5, 2021 4:49 PM BST
So we went through the nonsense to get back to the substance of the original post.

If you're referring to people sick enough to need hospitalisation from covid, how are they contracting it, and why are they ending up in hospital? (in your hypothetical scenario)
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 4:49 PM BST
after 18 months of on off lockdowns would you support returning to that policy

lol
Report A_T August 5, 2021 4:50 PM BST
the hospitals weren't full even then

because of lockdowns. so would you support reintroducing them if the governmenr decided to do so?
Report Cider August 5, 2021 4:50 PM BST
They are the genuinely selfish ones G, not the people Gove was targeting.
Report A_T August 5, 2021 4:51 PM BST
Cider and Giuseppe two of the thickest people imaginable. No wonder they watch GB News.
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 4:51 PM BST
if hospitals were literally overflowing with patients due to covid we would ahve to ask serious questions about how effective the vaccines are and what the point of a temporary lockdown would be
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 4:52 PM BST
A_T thinks the NHS might be "on the brink of collapse" again
Report Cider August 5, 2021 4:52 PM BST
haha yes, the old personal abuse chestnut.
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 4:52 PM BST
what would the point of locking down be if the vaccines don't work?

and if they do work we won't face that situation
Report A_T August 5, 2021 4:53 PM BST
what would the point of locking down be if the vaccines don't work?

Laugh
Report A_T August 5, 2021 4:54 PM BST
stick to watching GB News Grin
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 4:55 PM BST
A_T

50,000 cases and an unvaccinated population, hospitals weren't full

how many cases a day would you need now for hospitals to be full? a million?
Report A_T August 5, 2021 4:55 PM BST
once again

at one point in 2020 overall deaths were running at twice the normal rate - highest since WW2. why do you think that was?
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 4:55 PM BST
it's a serious question A_T

if the vaccines don't work, what is the point of locking down? we can't keep the elderly safe for ever
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 4:56 PM BST
once again

hospitals were never full
Report A_T August 5, 2021 4:56 PM BST
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 4:57 PM BST
it wasn't because the hospitals were full
Report A_T August 5, 2021 4:57 PM BST
so why was it then?
Report Cider August 5, 2021 4:58 PM BST
You mean when the authorities seeded covid in most care homes AT? They made it worse ffs.
Report A_T August 5, 2021 4:58 PM BST
Report A_T August 5, 2021 5:00 PM BST
Cider Joined: 29 Aug 02
Replies: 4356105 Aug 21 15:52 
haha yes, the old personal abuse chestnut.

Cider I apologise for saying you watch GB News. That was uncalled for I admit.
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 5:01 PM BST
what has that got to do with your original question?

hospitals were never full and are very unlikely to be full of covid patients in the future either
Report Cider August 5, 2021 5:02 PM BST
I know you are obtuse A_T, but what exactly are you advocating as the long term policy if you think it's plausible to have yet another damaging lockdown after all people over 16 have been offered vaccination?

It's beyond your comprehension, I get that, but this is as good as it gets.
Report eyeball August 5, 2021 5:02 PM BST
So the death rate was running at twice the "normal" rate . Was this at just one point or for the whole of 2020 ? What is the "normal" rate ?
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 5:04 PM BST
also what is the current excess death figure, and why?
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 5:05 PM BST
what is the way out of this if the vaccines don't work? it's not lockdown until covid disappears
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 5:05 PM BST
or on-off lockodwns, lasting years, in order to help the NHS cope
Report Cider August 5, 2021 5:05 PM BST
Last time I checked, excess deaths since the beginning of covid were around 99K. It's a little more than 10% over recent historic averages. There's no way to tell how many were caused by the virus itself, or the destructive policies implemented as a reaction to the bug.
Report Cider August 5, 2021 5:13 PM BST
Yet another lie from the government, offer everyone over 18 a jab. The take up was never part of the bargain, and they smashed the original estimated take up. It is not clear why they are obsessed with getting people who have little to fear from covid vaccinated.
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 5:14 PM BST
29k cases today

that's a reduction of 25% since freedom day

not many predicted that
Report Cider August 5, 2021 5:15 PM BST
hello
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 5:15 PM BST
here are some facts

there is no evidence the vaccine doesn't work

hospitals are not full of covid patients

very few people are dying due to covid

very very few doubled vaccnated people are dying due to covid
Report Cider August 5, 2021 5:16 PM BST
selfish people will demand lockdown
Report Johnny The Guesser August 5, 2021 5:17 PM BST
Lockdowns are done , look around you , people packing onto beaches , pubs , live sport etc , barely a mask in sight now.
Slight uncertainty over a possible 4th wave during the winter. Hopefully the vaccines will do their job.
Sort out overseas travel and away we go.
Economy will adjust and rebalance to our new demands and ways of working. Any restrictions on the vaccinated to be resolved, either by governments, the lawyers , employers, or market demands.
Oh and we can start repaying the colossal debt.
Report SontaranStratagem August 5, 2021 5:18 PM BST
Depopulation cider

There's just no other logical explanation, digital dystopia? sorry but that could have been gotten easily enough without this, most people I'd say 95% of the population would have happily gone along with a cashless society anyway, digital passport? yeah I'd say 90% of the sheep would have gone along with that anyway

They could have gotten that just by brainwashing the new generation in their propaganda schools, the under 30s would have mainly just gone along with it as well anyway, under 50s? pretty much would have gone along with it because its an easier life and they wouldn't have wanted to be a social pariah in the digital sense.

This is not about a digital passport either its clear as day, if it was they could have gotten it inside this 18 months if they really wanted to
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 5:18 PM BST
why do we need new ways of working?
Report SontaranStratagem August 5, 2021 5:19 PM BST
Giuseppe

Yet!!!!!!

Wait until the colder weather comes back and natural bugs and illnesses due to dampness and colder climate start doing the round

Drizzly cold days where you breath in nasty droplets
Report Johnny The Guesser August 5, 2021 5:20 PM BST
Depopulation ? Laugh Why not just let the people die of covid ?
Report SontaranStratagem August 5, 2021 5:21 PM BST
I don't think they'll report on it if there is a real surge in winter deaths, they'll simply go into a media black out with it

Similar to the "the revolution will not be televised"
Report Johnny The Guesser August 5, 2021 5:23 PM BST
New ways of working ? - Home /Office split for starters - huge ramifications to the economy.
Report SontaranStratagem August 5, 2021 5:25 PM BST
We'll see what happens in the winter (November but mainly December onwards), these vaxxines could be compromising peoples immune systems

We'll see what happens I guess
Report Cider August 5, 2021 5:25 PM BST
tbf it was happening anyway. for those lucky enough to be able to work from home.
Report Johnny The Guesser August 5, 2021 5:26 PM BST
Online retail  v bricks and mortar - technological advances and wider understanding and usage - less travel and face to face meetings.
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 5:26 PM BST
why do we need this johnny? why can't we just go back to office?
Report Johnny The Guesser August 5, 2021 5:27 PM BST
Simple answer - because plenty of employees and employers like it ...
Report clouded leopard August 5, 2021 5:32 PM BST
Huge ramifications for cities

less office space rented
less days in office = less restaurants/cafes/sarnie shops , more jobs lost = commercial real estate empty = lower prices

we've not even got to the mandated jabs for office workers eventually. that'll cause a ruckus for sure

doubt most workers even know that
Report clouded leopard August 5, 2021 5:34 PM BST
less taxes paid = city services decline ?

all in all the quality of living is about to spiral downwards for most , especially in cities
Report Johnny The Guesser August 5, 2021 5:45 PM BST
When an economy rebalances of course there are winners and losers. Resources move to more efficient businesses adding value to the economy as a whole as they move.
Sandwich shops (and plenty of other businesses in the suburbs do better and grow while those around offices suffer.
Report feedthepony August 5, 2021 5:45 PM BST

Aug 5, 2021 -- 11:20AM, Johnny The Guesser wrote:

Depopulation ?  Why not just let the people die of covid ?

Because some people need to survive.

Covid isn't a killer with the natural immune system - lets's see what it does to the majority of those who have damaged their immune system this winter with the jab tho.

Something to ponder - if a person will line up and inject a potion into them without understanding what it is based on their rulers simply telling them that it is good for them (despite displaying no proof) - are those the people who will take humanity forward?

If you have taken the vax you are a "useless eater" - you have only taken it because you are either a sheep with no mind of their own or have been brainwashed by fear propaganda.  Either way, you have failed the 1st test an won't be advancing to phase 2.

Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 5:46 PM BST
are many workers choosing to stay at home permanently now?

i don't work in an office so not really following this
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 5:47 PM BST
surely working at home is less efficient than in an office

you can't just shout over to your colleague and ask them something

and waht about hardcopies of everything
Report Giuseppe August 5, 2021 5:48 PM BST
everything takes longer when it is done "virtually"
Report feedthepony August 5, 2021 5:50 PM BST
There are 2 types of people who are not going to be required in the new world - those who only consume and those who only survive (with a goal of one day being aboe to consume).

Only those willing to grow are those who will make it.

People are only taking the snake oil for one of 2 reasons:
1. They are scared of covid so wish to survive
2. They want their old lives back so can get back to a mindless consumption only

Why do you think the billionaires are racing to space just now?  They don't care about consuming or surviving - they want to grow.
Report Johnny The Guesser August 5, 2021 5:50 PM BST
I think the norm for many business will be a split week 3:2 ...Technology has moved on. Providing a customer/client  is happy with a Zoom meeting then it is a win win  - everybody saves travelling time , and meetings are usually shorter and more to the point.
Report Cider August 5, 2021 5:51 PM BST
It depends where you are at in your career G. I'm established so it's a doddle. For young people coming in into the workplace, not meeting anyone f2f it'd extremely challenging.
Report Johnny The Guesser August 5, 2021 5:52 PM BST
Good point Cider - not ideal in every situation. Employers will work at things like that.
Report Cider August 5, 2021 5:55 PM BST
It's so convenient, and I'm not a people person, so individually for me it is perfect. Shorter day, cheaper, receiving visitors and deliveries. I'll do it for as long as I can.

People need the right mindset not to be distracted, and self motivated. If I was still a leader, it would be a bl00dy nightmare!
Report Cider August 5, 2021 5:58 PM BST
The hybrid working will sort itself out. I'm not overly concerned about that, it was coming anyway. The bigger challenge to the economy is international travel.
Report Johnny The Guesser August 5, 2021 5:58 PM BST
Don't billionaires get vaccinated ftp ?
Report feedthepony August 5, 2021 5:59 PM BST
doubt it JtG - they will have easy access to the real cures
Report Johnny The Guesser August 5, 2021 6:01 PM BST
aaaah  - the secret potionWink
Report shiny new shoes please August 5, 2021 7:05 PM BST
Charles & Eddie - Would I Lie To You?
Theme tune.. NPHET,SAGE,CDC
Report shiny new shoes please August 5, 2021 7:12 PM BST
Team tune
Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia
Report SontaranStratagem August 5, 2021 7:20 PM BST

Aug 5, 2021 -- 11:34AM, clouded leopard wrote:

less taxes paid = city services decline ?all in all the quality of living is about to spiral downwards for most , especially in cities

Oh most wont make it leopard

I suspect most of the educated that are about have their livlihoods taken away will go insane and/or commit suicide, they ie the media and the elites will blame it on their ready made excuse of it being "mental illness"

People are about to find out their whole lives was a lie, it was a con

Report shiny new shoes please August 5, 2021 7:44 PM BST
failed the 1st test. CryAngryGrin
useless eater is a catching phase now many of these ? Half ?
mindless consumption

Afroman - Because I Got HighExcitedLaugh
Report SontaranStratagem August 5, 2021 7:48 PM BST

Aug 5, 2021 -- 11:50AM, feedthepony wrote:

There are 2 types of people who are not going to be required in the new world - those who only consume and those who only survive (with a goal of one day being aboe to consume).Only those willing to grow are those who will make it.People are only taking the snake oil for one of 2 reasons:1. They are scared of covid so wish to survive2. They want their old lives back so can get back to a mindless consumption onlyWhy do you think the billionaires are racing to space just now?

Report SontaranStratagem August 5, 2021 7:48 PM BST
This is my only real defence of them doing this, that they want to rid themselves of small thinkers who only want to go on holiday

I was having this out with my dad the other week, I said "why do you want to go back to the old normal anyway? it was boring and tedious", he couldn't really give an answer

A part of me is sick of people just wanting to exist and go on holiday Crazy, if the elites could promise me one thing, and that one thing being us finally ridding ourselves of being pathetically happy with being a office worker just so you can pay bills and go on holiday, just being boring and average, being content with it ffs... I'd have way more respect for them and even stand aside and let them do it, and I ain't joking either

We surely have to be more adventurous than what we've been for the past 100 years.

They could and should leave the kids alone with these experiments, it is them who will pave the way if it is indeed about going to the next level
Report Johnny The Guesser August 5, 2021 8:15 PM BST
We could all be Luke Rhinehart.
Report feedthepony August 5, 2021 9:30 PM BST

Aug 5, 2021 -- 1:48PM, SontaranStratagem wrote:

This is my only real defence of them doing this, that they want to rid themselves of small thinkers who only want to go on holiday I was having this out with my dad the other week, I said "why do you want to go back to the old normal anyway? it was boring and tedious", he couldn't really give an answer A part of me is sick of people just wanting to exist and go on holiday , if the elites could promise me one thing, and that one thing being us finally ridding ourselves of being pathetically happy with being a office worker just so you can pay bills and go on holiday, just being boring and average, being content with it ffs... I'd have way more respect for them and even stand aside and let them do it, and I ain't joking either We surely have to be more adventurous than what we've been for the past 100 years. They could and should leave the kids alone with these experiments, it is them who will pave the way if it is indeed about going to the next level

I agree - in my opinion this is the most likely scenario now what is going on.

I’ve accepted the following:
* the planet is over populated - we have at least 10 times more human beings than we can live in balance with
* the majority of human beings are short termist - look at national debt, natural resource consumption (still not convinced on global warming but not ruling it out) - we only care about the economy now and not what future generations can achieve - started with the boomers and continue
* despite the technological advances of the last 100 years we have stood still - the economy only cares about the rich and the pursuit of individual wealth.
* the economy is broken and is artificially being kept alive just now - they are printing more money just to keep the illusion going for now to stop anarchy - phase 2 will be collapsing it but a sizeable chunk of the vaccinated pin cushions will be gone

Depopulation is the only logical conclusion here - more people die from diarrhoea in India every day than die “with” COVID globally - that’s an easy fix so why didn’t they try fix that instead of these complex vaccines.

The baby boomers, generation-x and the millennials have made a mess of everything with their lifestyles.  Would rather sit and watch love island than research whether these vaccines are the right thing to do, would line up to get a jab they have no idea what’s in it just for a cheap joliday to Spain so they can take selfie’s for the Facebook - and don’t even get me started on the inequality and poverty they pretend to care about for the cameras.

Maybe a reset for the kids today isn’t such a bad idea after all.

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com