Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
20 Jul 21 18:42
| Topic/replies: 23,647 | Blogger: ----you-have-to-laugh---'s blog
He's bonkers isn't he?
Pause Switch to Standard View Dom Cummings interview
Show More
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 20, 2021 7:46 PM BST
Laura and Dom touching their own faces a lot

. Touching Your Face During a Conversation – Face touching, especially on the nose, is commonly interpreted as an indication of deception. Also, covering up the mouth is a common gesture people make when they're lying. Always keep your hands away from your face when you're speaking
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 20, 2021 7:50 PM BST
Neck or face touching is the adult equivalent of toddlers sucking their thumb.

When we're uncomfortable, our mammalian brain's natural response is to feel comfortable again. This is when we assume what Joe Navarro calls "pacifying behaviors." It's when we rub our necks, touch our cheeks, or rub our eyes (even when we're not tired):
Report Dr Crippen July 21, 2021 9:53 AM BST
Face touching, especially on the nose, is commonly interpreted as an indication of deception

Wow, I never knew that.

So if I asked a stranger the time, and he touches his nose as he looks at his watch and speaks.

Then I can assume he'll be trying to misslead me.

I'll watch out for that in future.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 21, 2021 10:58 AM BST
Might have an itch, but
just get a watch.
Report Dr Crippen July 21, 2021 12:46 PM BST
Here's good un.  ''Never trust anyone who doesn't look you in the eye.''

In reality - never trust anyone, especially if they look you straight in the eye.
Report Aspro July 21, 2021 12:51 PM BST
Watch the series 'Lie To Me' with Tim Roth which explains this and more importantly micro-expressions that are barely noticeable but give so much away. They're universal and very difficult to hide or avoid, but hard to see as they usually last less than half-a-second. Good series (3 of them in total).
Report Dr Crippen July 21, 2021 12:55 PM BST
Good public speakers are advised to keep as still as possible when being interviewed. Because people believe this stuff.

As any movement will be homed in on by the cameras if they're hostile.

Which tells us more about the interview team than it does about the victim doing the fidgeting.

But people fall for it. Which is what counts.
Report Dr Crippen July 21, 2021 1:16 PM BST
Most people do that stuff all the time when they're talking, whether they're lying or not.

When they don't do it is more significant, because then you might wonder why they've got their guard up.
Report Lee Ho Fooks July 21, 2021 1:22 PM BST
Bit of an "Only the true Messiah denies His divinity" that one
Report GAZO July 21, 2021 1:26 PM BST
i would imagine every con man in the world looks you directly in the eye
Report MALAY July 21, 2021 2:35 PM BST
didn't tell us anything we didn't know Johnston is well known as being an incompetent patsy, brexit was based on lies and was possibly a stupid idea, and himself is not to be trusted.

Not sure what the big deal is, anybody with a brain knew this years ago.
Report lfc1971 July 21, 2021 3:20 PM BST
As Cummings pointed out in the interview Brexit wasn’t based on lies

quite the opposite
Report MALAY July 21, 2021 3:29 PM BST
manipulation of the truth is probably a better description but only to fool idiots. "that's politics"
Report n88uk July 21, 2021 3:55 PM BST
It's always presented like he says some huge revelation, but there is pretty much new offered, every point is basically already known and reported by other sources. So you have a few sound bite quotes, which may or may not have been said, but are mostly irrelevant in the scheme of things.

The biggest concern that seems to get ignored is how a lunatic like Cummings was ever allowed anywhere near head of government, as is there anyone who seriously thinks he isn't a lunatic at this point?
Report macarony July 21, 2021 4:11 PM BST
He comes across as bitter and twisted
Report peckerdunne July 21, 2021 4:35 PM BST
it's only just begun
Report boxingthefox July 21, 2021 5:32 PM BST
It's not even the end of the beginning!!!Shocked
Report brentford July 21, 2021 5:36 PM BST
The biggest concern that seems to get ignored is how a lunatic like Cummings was ever allowed anywhere near head of government, as is there anyone who seriously thinks he isn't a lunatic at this point?

surely fitted in beautifully with the leadership and supporting cast that currently exists...
Report politicspunter July 21, 2021 5:42 PM BST
If only he had better vision.
Report boxingthefox July 21, 2021 5:44 PM BST

I thought Laura kuenssberg actually did quite a good job in respect of that question. Can't stand her btw. Plain
Report macarony July 21, 2021 5:50 PM BST
Havery the SNP put a bid in for him yet?
Report boxingthefox July 21, 2021 5:56 PM BST
Laugh
Report eyeball July 21, 2021 6:03 PM BST
Read between the lines and you will begin to understand the hypocricy of our betters .Crazy
Report lfc1971 July 21, 2021 6:06 PM BST
Cummings was the right man at the right time , if the government and sections of the country refuse to listen there’s more like him
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 21, 2021 7:07 PM BST
The one interesting thing from
the interview from cummings

Was that he reckoned they had taken
over the Tory party.

Pretty much what I had thought anyway.

Rather like the infighting in
most political organisations.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder