Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 460 comments are related to the topic:
Will the mask/lockdown fanatics admit they were wrong if...?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 5 of 12  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | 12 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 460
By:
Cider
When: 26 Jul 21 18:12
Why are you mixing with vulnerable people? If you are wearing a mask they might think you're safer than you actually are.
By:
Mexico
When: 26 Jul 21 19:57
if schools, not pubs, were such an important driver of case numbers, why were schools open and pubs under restriction?


Really Dougal???


You don’t understand why governments all around this planet have decided that education of children is more important than having pubs and nightclubs open?

Really???
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 26 Jul 21 20:03

Jul 26, 2021 -- 10:01AM, feedthepony wrote:


Jul 26, 2021 --  2:50PM, SontaranStratagem wrote:Labour aren't on your side eitherThey want passports for double vaxxed but also want testing involved as well So you need to be vaxxed up and provide a negative test... Anyone even debating them is a fruit cake, and when they say they don't want it for supermarkets etc... they said they didn't want vaxxes last year, 12 months on and here we areLabour died when they decided to hate the working class - as a result the working class hate them too (so much that they now vote Tory).All we have now is a choice of globalists offering only the Gates, Soros etc agendaAnyone who tries to break through will be met with scandal to discredit them (which doesn't have to be true)They have won - just keep to yourself now and don't ever comply (otherwise you are a slave)


We're a few weeks away I'd imagine. Florida are about to be hit with UN/troops at the door to administer it

Once they try to force it its go time

By:
Mexico
When: 26 Jul 21 20:14
Ss

Care to provide a link about UK troops moving to Florida.

Why would USA need external troops/ police to help out. Isn’t their army, national guard, police, FBI a large enough force to deal with a few shinyheaded flatearters.

Provide a link to this exciting news so we can all enjoy the read.
By:
frog1000
When: 26 Jul 21 20:26

Jul 26, 2021 -- 1:57PM, Mexico wrote:


if schools, not pubs, were such an important driver of case numbers, why were schools open and pubs under restriction?Really Dougal???You don’t understand why governments all around this planet have decided that education of children is more important than having pubs and nightclubs open?Really???


Not important enough.

Sweden kept schools open and is mid-table in Covid.

Many countries like Boris' UK disgracefully shut schools and brought in bubbles to keep kids off school if one person had Covid.

Now some inhuman ministers and universities are talking about having vaccines (that can reduce risk of catching Covid by less than 20%) a requirement to go to University.

By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 20:27
okay mexico

so the position of Whitty etc. has been

"we know schools are the major driver of case numbers, but we want to open them anyway"

and

"we know these restrictions on pubs, and the mask mandate, make little difference but we will keep them anyway"

I don't remember hearing that

are you living in a different reality to the rest of us?
By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 20:30
"You don’t understand why governments all around this planet have decided that education of children is more important than having pubs and nightclubs open?"

this is such a strawman I don't even know where to start

why is it an "either, or"?

why were pubs and nichtclubs shut in the first place if they don't have a major impact on transmission?
By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 20:31
all your predictions have been wrong Mr Whitty Love but i will still follow you blindly
By:
Mexico
When: 26 Jul 21 20:31
Frog

UK schools open in November when had a 4 week lockdown. They only shut after Boris’s let it rip/ let the bodies pile up /5 day Christmas.

The schools in UK were open before pubs . The reason which Father Dougal can’t understand is because the UK and almost every other government decided  education of children is more important than going to a local to watch football or have a chat over a beer or ten.
By:
frog1000
When: 26 Jul 21 20:32
The mask is slipping as 'cases' in the UK drop like a stone.

Remember those 120 international scientists that wrote to stress the dangers of opening up the UK.

How stupid do they look now?
By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 20:32
if there was solid evidence that schools were driving case numbers they would be shut
By:
Mexico
When: 26 Jul 21 20:34
Giuseppe

What are you on about. Where is this evidence that the pubs being opened didn’t have impact on transmission?

November pubs shut, cases fell, December “ let it rip “ with pubs open, cases when bonkers mad.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 20:34
Mexico schools have been open during periods of low transmission

the surge in cases was due to the delta variant

the fall off in cases is part of a natural cycle
By:
frog1000
When: 26 Jul 21 20:35

Jul 26, 2021 -- 2:34PM, Mexico wrote:


Giuseppe What are you on about. Where is this evidence that the pubs being opened didn’t have impact on transmission?November pubs shut, cases fell, December “ let it rip “ with pubs open, cases when bonkers mad.


Pubs and Clubs open now and cases are dropping against all the experts expectations.

What will it take for you to concede you got things a little wrong?

By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 20:35
The reason which Father Dougal can’t understand is because the UK and almost every other government decided  education of "children is more important than going to a local to watch football or have a chat over a beer or ten. "

why are you linking the two?

are you saying both cause a lot of transmission and we can't have both at the same time?

if that was true numbers should be flat
By:
Mexico
When: 26 Jul 21 20:36
Dougal

Schools are considered important. They were open because the government considers education of children to be important.

Even so schools were still shut for months, they had a higher priority than pubs because the government decided schools were more important than pubs.

Near, far, big cow…..
By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 20:38
"Where is this evidence that the pubs being opened didn’t have impact on transmission?"

pubs are now operating normally and cases have not gone up, they have halved in the last week

this goes against everything we have been told to expect for 18 months

media has been full of experts for weeks predicting a surge in cases after July 19th, they were wrong

it takes a special kind of obstinacy to still believe fully open pubs are a major driver of cases
By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 20:40
again mexico who are linking schools and pubs, suggesting we cannot have both

is that because both are major drivers of new cases?

if so why haven't cases gonbe up since pubs reopened

and why were 2/3 of cases among over 19s, both before and after July 19th?
By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 20:41
pubs reopen

cases halve

"but but but"

there is no but
By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 20:42
has Whitty said

"schools are the major driver of new cases but we think education is so important we will open them anyway"

?
By:
Mexico
When: 26 Jul 21 20:43
Giuseppe

Did you post at 17.56

I've said this before and I'll say it again
if schools, not pubs, were such an important driver of case numbers, why were schools open and pubs under restriction?


Now you ask….

why are you linking the two?


Really?
Care to explain who started linking the two and you is pointing out the reasons why government decided schools are more important than pubs to be open.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 20:43
are there stats supporting your belief that schools are the major driver of new cases, or that schools closing has been the major driver in cases falling?
By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 20:44
mexico

you seem pretty certain schools are the major driver of new cases

are there stats to support this, or has Whitty said it?
By:
Mexico
When: 26 Jul 21 20:45
Giuseppe

Pubs in UK been open for about two months, cases rose during this period from under 2000 cases a day.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 20:45
your position is Boris, Whitty etc. knew schools were the major driver of new cases and left them open regardless?
By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 20:46
my understandding is pubs, especially indoors, are muchbusier now than before July 19th

is that not correct?
By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 20:47
unrestricted indoor drinking in pubs and low cases numbers

how is this consistent with lockdown ideology?
By:
Mexico
When: 26 Jul 21 20:48
Dougal you provided data suggesting that school children made up about 1/3 of cases. The 5 to 19 year olds don’t account for 1/3 of the population.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 20:48
"cases rose during this period from under 2000 cases a day. "

because of the delta variant

at least that was what Whitty told us

he didn;t say it was because of bars

are you contradicting Whitty?
By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 20:49
i don't understand

1/3 of cases were among under 19s

what point are you making?

and why hasn;t this fraction gone down?
By:
frog1000
When: 26 Jul 21 20:49

Jul 26, 2021 -- 2:45PM, Mexico wrote:


Giuseppe Pubs in UK been open for about two months, cases rose during this period from under 2000 cases a day.


Are you blaming pubs with the rule of 6 and mask wearing for the rise of cases under the delta variant?

But at the same time suggesting that opening nightclubs and ending of masks can logically lead to massive drop in cases?

Or do you think the most logical explanation is, as with India, cases go up in the wave and then they go down?

By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 20:51
"Pubs in UK been open for about two months, cases rose during this period from under 2000 cases a day."

so pubs are a major driver of new cases then?

if they're busier now after July 19th there should be a lot more cases right?

and aren't nightclubs a disaster waiting to happen?
By:
Mexico
When: 26 Jul 21 20:51
Dougal

Are you aware that more than one thing can effect transmission.
The delta variant seems to be easier to transmit but it it still requires people to be close together to infect them.
By:
Mexico
When: 26 Jul 21 20:53
Dougal

We have already explained that a lot is happening at same time, stick with toy cows.

We have pubs changing from open with restrictions to fully open.
We have fewer people without antibodies
We have schools closed.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 21:07
"We have already explained that a lot is happening at same time"

mexico you haven't a ****g clue what is driving the cases

neither do whitty or the countless experts expressing their concern on TV over the last few weeks

all predictions have been wrong

and still you think they know what is happening

the emperor has no clothes
By:
frog1000
When: 26 Jul 21 21:07
Mex, the prediction was 50k cases up to 100k-200k.

Reality 50k cases down to 25k.

No new information is available. We knew about schools closing. We knew about a potential Euro surge.

Lets not dress this up.

The predictors have got Covid terribly wrong and they have already cost the country around £400bn and caused massive damage to the health of the nation.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 21:07
why were these experts saying it was unwise to reopen?

did THEY expect cases to fall?
By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 21:09
"We knew about schools closing."

exactly

they all knew that already

if schools were so important why wasn;t this factored in?

the answer is it was factored in, but their models are all garbage
By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 21:11
"We have fewer people without antibodies "

lol cases have halved in a week

there hasn't been enough change in antibodies to have a major effect
By:
Giuseppe
When: 26 Jul 21 21:12
"Are you aware that more than one thing can effect transmission."

was that what Whitty and Valance have been saying for the past two months?

the only factor I have heard mentioned was the delta variant and its increased transmissibility
Page 5 of 12  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | 12 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com