Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
frog1000
17 Jul 21 14:03
| Topic/replies: 2,800 | Blogger: frog1000's blog
Covid deaths and people in hospital are not massively up in the coming months?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 12  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 12 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 460
By:
lapsy pa
When: 17 Jul 21 14:13
No,the vaccine is supposed to negate the worst effects, they will be up enough though,bit obvious isn't it?
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 17 Jul 21 14:18
Why would that prove them wrong?

Firstly, are you including vaccinations in your equation - both in how they are stemming the spread somewhat and protecting those who get infected? Weird how you've deliberately ignored them in your OP.

What do you consider a lockdown? Last march, it was non-essential businesses closed, people confined to homes on pain of police arresting you out for a walk etc etc. Today I can go to the cinema, a restaurant, the gym, shop in 1001 places, I can mingle with the tens of thousands at Silverstone if I wish. In other parts of the world there are actual curfews in place as part of lockdown. So I'd just like to know if you consider the UK today as being under lockdown. Just for the belly laughs y'know.

Lastly, what about people still choosing to wear masks, socially distance and in other ways limit their activities slightly to mitigate risk (a la Sweden). Even if it's not mandated, people using their own initiative to protect themselves beyond the minimum requirements.

Thanks.
By:
Mexico
When: 17 Jul 21 14:27
What are you on about Frog.

About 90% of UK population have had vaccine, that is fare more effective at reducing deaths than putting on face covering for half hour.
By:
frog1000
When: 17 Jul 21 14:34
We have one of the best vaccine rates in the world, lockdown, forced mask wearing.

Yet none of those things have stopped us having one of the worst rates of Covid in the world.

If lockdowns and masks make a difference I would expect things to go really bad when the measures stops.
By:
nineteen points
When: 17 Jul 21 14:47
Strange that the most vaccined countries are suffering the upsurging in "cases"

more vaccines more cases
more masks more cases
By:
frog1000
When: 17 Jul 21 14:50
Certainly been more cases and deaths in the UK since they brought in masks last summer.

All the face touching and using masks more than once taking them on and off not good.
By:
nineteen points
When: 17 Jul 21 14:51
dirty germ spreaders are masks.filthy.people who wear them,i stay clear of.
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 17 Jul 21 14:59
frog - are we cuurently in lockdown in your opinion?
By:
dukeofpuke
When: 17 Jul 21 15:25

Jul 17, 2021 -- 8:27AM, Mexico wrote:

What are you on about Frog.About 90% of UK population have had vaccine, that is fare more effective at reducing deaths than putting on face covering for half hour.

about 66% have had 1st dose

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-01-06/latest-vaccine-news-follow-the-uk-rollout-of-the-coronavirus-jab-with-our-daily-tracker

By:
Mexico
When: 17 Jul 21 15:25

Why exactly is it surprising?

UK is fairly open already and almost full opening from next Monday. That isn’t possible in Australia where are miles behind in vaccine rollout.
The UK government has decided we can live with a rising number of cases because of the vaccine & 90% take up. We had this number of cases in December before vaccine and government reduced cases by having full social distancing measures.

It isn’t strange at all. The vaccines have given  the government confidence to allow cases to increase.
By:
dukeofpuke
When: 17 Jul 21 15:35
& 90% take up

incorrect its 66%
By:
Mexico
When: 17 Jul 21 15:38
Duke

It is just under 90% who have had 1st jab. Seems like will get very close to 90% as still getting tens of thousands a day getting 1st shot.

They haven’t been given the opportunity yet to have 2nd jab. Obviously these 90% are not too scared or too selfish to have the first half of the vaccine.
By:
clouded leopard
When: 17 Jul 21 15:48
90 % my arse hole
By:
clouded leopard
When: 17 Jul 21 15:49
get out
enjoy the sun

won't be for long

ill winds are blowing again and the muppets are still watching delta stats. and .gov charade while all the real sh!t is going on just over your shoulder
By:
dukeofpuke
When: 17 Jul 21 15:51
How many people in the UK have been given the vaccine so far?

Government data up to the end of Thursday, July 15, shows that the number of people in the UK to have been given a first dose of a Covid-19 vaccine is 46,159,145 - an increase of 61,681 compared to the previous day.
By:
dukeofpuke
When: 17 Jul 21 15:51
how do you get 90% from these official figures
By:
dukeofpuke
When: 17 Jul 21 15:54
On the BBC propaganda show they are talking about the beta variant in France
By:
Kriskin
When: 17 Jul 21 15:57
No end to this.  Now we have the so called Beta variant.  It has all been forecasted since 2020
By:
politicspunter
When: 17 Jul 21 16:04

Jul 17, 2021 -- 9:48AM, clouded leopard wrote:

90 % my arse hole

It's beyond belief that no matter what the official government figures are regarding vaccinations, conspiracy theorists such as clouded leopard will say it's wrong without a shred of evidence.

By:
politicspunter
When: 17 Jul 21 16:07
Remember, it's the adult population regarding the vaccination figures.
By:
clouded leopard
When: 17 Jul 21 16:08
About 90% of UK population have had vaccine

simply not true

next
By:
politicspunter
When: 17 Jul 21 16:09

Jul 17, 2021 -- 10:08AM, clouded leopard wrote:

About 90% of UK population have had vaccinesimply not truenext

It's not UK population, it's UK adult population.

By:
Mexico
When: 17 Jul 21 16:16
It is adult population at about 90% take up.

The under 18s haven’t yet been given the opportunity to have vaccine although we have chosen to give them plenty of opportunity to get Covid virus.

Seems unfair to include under 18s in the %base figure as they can’t have vaccine. So about 90% of those over18 have had vaccine.

As I suspect everybody who was reading these posts understand.

A wonderful successful vaccine program, UK already has only a few restrictions and those will mainly end in England next week because of vaccine.
Good news.
By:
leif
When: 17 Jul 21 16:17
Is it a vaccine or is it gene therapy?
By:
frog1000
When: 17 Jul 21 16:18
Surely it would be negligent to give the under 18 years a 'vaccine' for Covid unless they had an underlying condition? Even then it would still be suspect.
By:
frog1000
When: 17 Jul 21 16:21
6 under 18s with no pre-existing conditions have died within 28 days of a positive covid test with no underlying conditions in English hospitals.

45 in total when you add underlying conditions.

No evidence any under 18s has died from Covid.

Shameful anyone is even thinking about injecting them before the vaccine trials are even complete and the drug companies have no liabilities.
By:
Mexico
When: 17 Jul 21 16:22
Frog

It is voluntary. Don’t have it if don’t fancy it.

UK has decided on a different approach to get immunity in the under 18s. Seems to be going at some speed up to 50,000 a day with the potential to increase in next few weeks.
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 17 Jul 21 16:24
frog - are we cuurently in lockdown in your opinion?
By:
politicspunter
When: 17 Jul 21 16:25

Jul 17, 2021 -- 10:21AM, frog1000 wrote:

6 under 18s with no pre-existing conditions have died within 28 days of a positive covid test with no underlying conditions in English hospitals.45 in total when you add underlying conditions.No evidence any under 18s has died from Covid.Shameful anyone is even thinking about injecting them before the vaccine trials are even complete and the drug companies have no liabilities.

Is this not contradictory?

By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 17 Jul 21 16:29
I'd love to know what trials have been done into infecting under 18's with Covid and the long term effects. Froggy seems very keen on that notion; just wondering what work has gone into the idea that it's perfectly safe with no chance of side effects further down the line.
By:
Mexico
When: 17 Jul 21 16:34
PP
Guess we will find out fairly soon.
Covid infection is currently very popular in the under 18s.

Schools have been having trouble last few weeks with pupils testing positive and in large bubbles. Other pupils and teachers then told to isolate at home for a week or so.
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 17 Jul 21 16:43
(not expecting froggy to answer btw. Have asked him and others this kind of thing several times now and every time they run away and hide.)
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 17 Jul 21 16:47
They wont admit they were wrong

And the utter crackpots will us down with them if you let them, I'm now of the opinion of its my life or there's

If they want to take themselves down that's fine by me but you ain't taking me with ya
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 17 Jul 21 16:48
Schools don't need much of an excuse to close.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 17 Jul 21 16:49
These infection rates, who are they testing?

If it's asymptomatic youngsters what does it matter?

The sooner the lot have been infected and immune the better.

There's no other way out of a pandemic.
Unless we want to go on forever like this.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 17 Jul 21 16:50
''54,674 new cases and 41 new deaths today.''

Cases up again.

Deaths down again.
By:
politicspunter
When: 17 Jul 21 16:51

Jul 17, 2021 -- 10:47AM, SontaranStratagem wrote:

They wont admit they were wrong And the utter crackpots will us down with them if you let them, I'm now of the opinion of its my life or there's If they want to take themselves down that's fine by me but you ain't taking me with ya

SS, talking about crackpots, do you still believe Covid is a hoax, have you been chucked out of any hospitals recently and do you still believe Biden won the election by massive voter fraud?

By:
layingisthewayforward
When: 17 Jul 21 16:52
Politicspunter, do you still wish a slow and painful death on those not having the jab?
By:
Aspro
When: 17 Jul 21 17:04
There endeth that discussion Grin

I find it hard to understand why people would be so against those not having the jab; who are you to say what people should or should not inject themselves with?
Page 1 of 12  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 12 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com