Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sixtwosix
17 Jul 21 09:12
Joined:
Date Joined: 23 Jan 06
| Topic/replies: 21,121 | Blogger: sixtwosix's blog
The first news story on the Beeb and other lefty media .......quite correctly.

However I don't recall the horrendous floods that regularly hit countries like Bangladesh receiving this level of coverage ......
Pause Switch to Standard View Europe Floods
Show More
Loading...
Report politicspunter July 17, 2021 10:14 AM BST
Perhaps because in that climate, seasonal floods are normal?
Report sageform July 17, 2021 12:30 PM BST
possibly pp but it is more to do with where the main news networks have reporters.
Report GAZO July 17, 2021 1:11 PM BST
they will need those news reporters there a long time because for those people as soon as they are out of sight they are out of mind for governments
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 17, 2021 1:18 PM BST
Bangladesh floods were big news
back in the 70s.

Earthquakes and volcanoes are other
random news stories where one gains
traction from time to time, whilst others
are ignored.

Dog bites too, were big news from time to time

Easy news stories that create an interest
that happen all the time,... If you
need a story.
Report cryoftruth July 19, 2021 11:05 AM BST
Funny how the global warming monkeys in denial seem to just brush of all the mounting evidence of global warming. Canadians melting in the heat. Western Europe under flood water. Record temperatures occurring regularly, and even the scientist getting bungs from Big Oil struggling to mount any sensible argument.

Of course the intellectual prowess of Timber and his chums will not accept this self evident facts and fight all measures aimed at protecting the planet. But then there are still some going on about fake moon landings, the CIA being behind 9/11 and Elvis being found in his Ford Cortina on the moon. I wonder what the correlation is between supporters of Donald Trump and supporters of warming the planet even more is. Very high I would say. 1.0000001
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 19, 2021 11:08 AM BST
Trump is their messiah.

A man struggling with dementia
, wearing nappies, and they take
his word as gosple.
Report cryoftruth July 19, 2021 11:23 PM BST
Heat wave over Arctic Russia with temperatures 10 degrees higher than usual and millions of hectares now on fire. Permafrost being destroyed, eco systems being destroyed and the whole show generally completely stuffed.

But global warming is a well known liberal left wing hoax organised by the same people who believe in vaccination and conned us into thinking Elvis is dead.
Report sageform July 20, 2021 11:02 AM BST
I really don't see how this can be categorised as left or right. My view of left wing is socialism, high taxes, state control, not pro or anti vaccines or climate science. It all boils down to the balance between being told what to do by a "Government" and deciding for yourself. I am pro personal choice on the whole but anti big government, big business, "woke" society rules and regulations for the sake of them etc. but as I get older, I do see the point in road speed limits which are more restrictive than Covid19 restrictions but are more widely accepted if less well observed.
Report edy July 20, 2021 11:09 AM BST
It isn't really a left or right wing issue, fully agree. There is only a small loud internet fringe of people who are under the illusion of being conservatives who claim climate change is a hoax.

The split between right/left/liberal (classical european liberalism) is between the amount of regulation needed, if maybe you subsidize/punish and to what extend you do it...or if you think the free market will get it done all by itself through e.g technological advancement.
Report Dr Crippen July 20, 2021 11:21 AM BST
There is only a small loud internet fringe of people who are under the illusion of being conservatives who claim climate change is a hoax.

Never met anyone like that. They'd be denying the evidence of the temperature records.

Perhaps you havent explained very well.

And how do you know they're all conservatives?
Report edy July 20, 2021 11:28 AM BST
They are not conservatives.
Report Dr Crippen July 20, 2021 11:37 AM BST
So you're suggesting that they're socialists?
Report edy July 20, 2021 11:42 AM BST
No
Report Dr Crippen July 20, 2021 11:49 AM BST
Not conservatives
Not socialists

So if you claim to know what their politics are not.

Would you share with us, what their politics are?
Report edy July 20, 2021 12:01 PM BST
Sadly you have used up this year's quota of questions allotted to you.

Going forward, next year, maybe be smarter instead of asking completely silly questions like

"And how do you know they're all conservatives?"

after someone had explicitly said they are people who are under the illusion of being conservatives. You would still have had a question left then.
Report Dr Crippen July 20, 2021 12:07 PM BST
So you made it all up.

We got there in the end.
Report edy July 20, 2021 12:11 PM BST
No. That might have been your reason why you told me yesterday that I had used up my allotted questions, but it's not my reason. Don't always project yourself and your reasons onto others.
Report Dr Crippen July 20, 2021 12:16 PM BST
Well that's my style you're using there  ''allotted questions''

Although I'll forgive you - as they say '' imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.''
Report edy July 20, 2021 12:17 PM BST
You do have some rather ok ideas at times. They generally need a lot of improvement, but I can use them as a base.
Report Dr Crippen July 20, 2021 12:17 PM BST
I seem to have  recruited another fan, edy, welcome to my club.
Report sofaking July 20, 2021 5:25 PM BST

Jul 19, 2021 -- 5:23PM, cryoftruth wrote:


Heat wave over Arctic Russia with temperatures 10 degrees higher than usual and millions of hectares now on fire. Permafrost being destroyed, eco systems being destroyed and the whole show generally completely stuffed.But global warming is a well known liberal left wing hoax organised by the same people who believe in vaccination and conned us into thinking Elvis is dead.


The real "climate change deniers" are those who deny that earth's climate has been changing all on its own for billions of years. Human intervention has very little to do with it.  Solar cycles and a "moon wobble" are far more responsible for recent extreme weather events.

Report sofaking July 20, 2021 5:28 PM BST
But these leftist lunatics will use recent weather events as an excuse to tax the crap out of us, shut down the meat industry (and have us eating lab-grown "meat" (soy) and bugs) and impose "climate lockdowns". Angry
Report Whisperingdeath July 20, 2021 5:33 PM BST
But these leftist lunatics will use recent weather events as an excuse to tax the crap out of us

So just how will they do that when there is a Conservative Government?
Report sofaking July 20, 2021 5:39 PM BST
Lol. you think the UK government is "conservative". What are they conserving?  Boris is just a puppet and will do exactly as instructed by his hidden-hand overlords. Surely the last eighteen months has taught you that.
Report Whisperingdeath July 20, 2021 5:47 PM BST
Wink

In name and the Socialists are all for privatisation!

The best rapper in the World was White

The best golfer in the World was Black

The Germans were proposing peace but the Italians are still running!
Report Whisperingdeath July 20, 2021 5:48 PM BST
Still feathering their nest's though £££££

Some things never changeWink

Guy Fawkes had the right idea!
Report sageform July 20, 2021 5:50 PM BST
There is only one thing that will reduce carbon emissions and that is a big reduction in the human population. Without shooting or gassing people that will take a long time. A few rich countries like UK might manage to reduce emissions per head slightly but more than half of the world are only just getting started on consumerism.
Report Charlie July 20, 2021 5:52 PM BST
sofaking • July 20, 2021 5:25 PM BST

The real "climate change deniers" are those who deny that earth's climate has been changing all on its own for billions of years.
Who is denying that the earth's climate has been changing for billions of years?

Human intervention has very little to do with it
What exactly do you mean by it?

Solar cycles and a "moon wobble" are far more responsible for recent extreme weather events.
Says who apart from you?
Report sofaking July 20, 2021 5:53 PM BST

Jul 20, 2021 -- 11:50AM, sageform wrote:


There is only one thing that will reduce carbon emissions and that is a big reduction in the human population. Without shooting or gassing people that will take a long time. A few rich countries like UK might manage to reduce emissions per head slightly but more than half of the world are only just getting started on consumerism.


I have a better idea. Cover all active volcanoes with a concrete sarcophagus. That will reduce C02 emissions greatly.

Report Charlie July 20, 2021 6:41 PM BST
As sofaking seems to have fallen asleep on his sofa I'll refer you to NASA discussing solar cycles and moon wobble:

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/jpl/study-projects-a-surge-in-coastal-flooding-starting-in-2030s

As in the title it refers to coastal flooding but the important part is that those two things (solar cycles and moon wobble) are combining with rising sea-levels due to the planet warming; they wouldn't be a problem without rising sea levels.
Report Charlie July 21, 2021 7:02 PM BST
Add floods in China to the list.
Report sofaking July 21, 2021 7:34 PM BST

Jul 20, 2021 -- 12:41PM, Charlie wrote:


As sofaking seems to have fallen asleep on his sofa I'll refer you to NASA discussing solar cycles and moon wobble: https://www.nasa.gov/feature/jpl/study-projects-a-surge-in-coastal-flooding-... in the title it refers to coastal flooding but the important part is that those two things (solar cycles and moon wobble) are combining with rising sea-levels due to the planet warming; they wouldn't be a problem without rising sea levels.


There is very little evidence of sea levels rising significantly and none of the catastrophic predictions from the likes of Al Gore have ever come true. Billionaires are still purchasing enormous ocean-front properties. You'd think these properties would be uninsurable due to the imminent rising sea levels but nope. Just about everything they're telling you about climate change is absolute b0ll0x. We've also had record cold temperatures around the world recently but that doesn't quite fit the "man-made climate change" narrative.  Crop losses due to cold and wet weather will be a huge issue in the coming years due to solar cycles and the Grand Solar Minimum.

Report Charlie July 21, 2021 8:00 PM BST
Solar cycles generally do nothing/little to affect the earth's climate.
https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sunearth/solar-events-news/Does-the-Solar-Cycle-Affect-Earths-Climate.html

The Grand Solar Minimum will do nowt disasterous.
https://climate.nasa.gov/blog/2953/there-is-no-impending-mini-ice-age/

There is very little evidence of sea levels rising significantly.
Tell that to NASA as they seem to think they are rising.

We've also had record cold temperatures around the world recently but that doesn't quite fit the "man-made climate change" narrative.
You don't seem to grasp the concept of climate change do you. Record record cold temparatures are entirely consistent with extreme weather.

Would you like to post any supporting evidence to your claims or is that asking too much?
Report Whisperingdeath July 21, 2021 8:04 PM BST
You don't understand Charlie.

These people think Chump won the Election and Global Warming is a liberal media invention.
Report mitolo July 21, 2021 8:36 PM BST
yes, move along, nothing to see here. its a hoax. put about by 99% of geologists marine biologists agronomists ecologists chemists meteorologists, and a few other ologists i cant remember. is that right?

the whole climate change thing that appears to producing once-in-a-lifetime events every week is purely a part of the earths natural cycle and we should stop bothering about it is the theory, or more accurately, lack of one, of people like the sofa and crippen. they say its all about money, because all these scientists have been bribed to betray their own work, for a few quid. that sounds good.

or is it that people who have dedicated their lives to in-depth study of these things have formed an opinion, based on what scientific knowledge we have(and its limited, given the unprecedented nature of what we are witnessing worldwide) that climate change is potentially a looming catastrophe and we are close to being at the point of no return?

i will take 1.03 the latter. but we are howling at the moon unless we stop its fountainhead, which is now asia, particularly china, and to a lesser extent, india. there are no laws against spoliation in china, as long as the ccp can profit. it is a human and ecological catastrophe. if europe disappeared tomorrow, it wouldnt matter. of the 25 most filthy cities in the world, 23 are in china.

next time you meet an xr campaigner, tell them they are in the wrong country. i encountered an xr 'roadblock' in norf london and tried to explain they should be outside the chinese embassy, but they didnt like the sound of that. a bit to real maybe.
Report sofaking July 21, 2021 9:30 PM BST
97% of "scientists" will agree with the people who are funding them. Their funding is completely contingent on them going along with the official narrative and anyone who strays will be ostracised from their scientific community and lose their funding.  And this guy provides links to NASA as if they're a reliable source of information.    You also believe that man landed on the moon (240,000 miles away) over fifty years ago when Richard Branson and Jeff Bezos made big news recently after a "historic" visit to "space"?  In reality they were only 50 miles above the surface of earth. Laugh
Report mitolo July 21, 2021 9:53 PM BST
ooo. you are good. where do you live? i want to meet you. or i will fund your travel. to anywhere. magnificent.
Report sageform July 22, 2021 10:39 AM BST
Human behaviour is having an effect which is accelerating climate change but the fossil record shows cycles of tropical climates and ice ages in UK millions of years before humans evolved. UK once had a land bridge to France so the sea must have risen a bit! I am of the school of thought that believes that weather cycles will happen regardless of humans but that our habits have added another separate factor to the natural climate changes. Climate scientists have a patchy history though. I have lived through a) 1963 and b) 1976, after both of those we were informed with utter certainty by scientists that after a) the earth was cooling down and would continue to do so and b) summer drought and water rationing would be a permanent part of daily life.
Report Charlie July 22, 2021 1:52 PM BST
I'm not bothered what happened millions of years ago it is not relevant today. Man made climate change has only been a problem in the last 200 years or so since the industrial revolution.

It's a bit of a myth that in the 60's and 70' scientists were saying with utter certainty that the earth was cooling down; there were some sensational headlines and some scientists did believe that but by far the greater number (6:1) believed the earth was warming. There are lots of articles about this eg:

What were climate scientists predicting in the 1970s?
https://skepticalscience.com/ice-age-predictions-in-1970s-intermediate.htm

Climate myths: They predicted global cooling in the 1970s
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11643-climate-myths-they-predicted-global-cooling-in-the-1970s/


As regarding drought that is the way it's going.
Creeping toward Permanent Drought
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/hot-planet/creeping-toward-permanent-drought/

Changing climate: 10 years after An Inconvenient Truth
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/changing-climate-10-years-after-inconvenient-truth


What perplexes me is why some people still refuse to acknowledge climate change is happening despite the overwhelming scientific data and inumerable reports of extreme weather events happening now.
Report cryoftruth July 22, 2021 4:09 PM BST
The horrific climate change in China is the latest example.
However it is quite clear that some ostriches will continue to deny the very obvious facts about climate change and global warming, blaming it on the weather whilst still maintaining that Trump won and the moon landings were a hoax as well.
Report sofaking July 22, 2021 5:43 PM BST
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

― Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
Report sofaking July 22, 2021 6:50 PM BST

Jul 22, 2021 -- 10:09AM, cryoftruth wrote:


The horrific climate change in China is the latest example.However it is quite clear that some ostriches will continue to deny the very obvious facts about climate change and global warming, blaming it on the weather whilst still maintaining that Trump won and the moon landings were a hoax as well.


Was that "Trump" comment aimed at me?  I'm definitely no Trump supporter and he did absolutely nothing for his base during his term. He more than likely was cheated out of the election though.

Report Just Checking July 22, 2021 7:17 PM BST
Flooding in Europe, flooding in China, it's biblical, we're doomed. I even saw a plague of butterflies this afternoon. Well 2, but they looked aggressive.

Thank god Noah Bezos is building his Space Ark!

Only problem is he can't now have pairs of animals, he has to have 100s of each to represent each made up gender, it's a logistical NIGHTMARE.
Report mitolo July 22, 2021 9:20 PM BST
if china, the greatest polluter by miles, was told it could not sell the stuff it gets made for nothing by its millions of slaves in labour camps unless it stopped being so destructive, then things might improve. but the ccp does what it likes and almost nobody pulls them up. i dunno why not. china is a human and ecological catastrophe. add to their crimes the carnivorous and you should have a pariah state. but it is allowed to crack on. yet another socialist disaster
Report cryoftruth July 22, 2021 10:17 PM BST
China is not and has never been a socialist country. It Wes a communist dictatorship and is now a nazi state.
Report mitolo July 22, 2021 11:07 PM BST
cryoftruth Joined: 22 Mar 04
Replies: 707922 Jul 21 21:17 
'China is not and has never been a socialist country. It Wes a communist dictatorship and is now a nazi state.'


it has always been one, its written into the constitution. 3 weeks ago president xi said; ' china is a socialist country. we will carry on building socialism, with chinese characteristics'. he mentioned socialism at least 20 times during this speech. but you know better. socialism cannot be wrong. so youve decided the biggest mass-murdering state in history must be nazi. thats handy for you. but its yet another socialist disaster, like all the others.

mao bored on about socialist states crushing the west for decades while he was also 'building socialism'. what he did was build a giant concentration camp where millions of 'enemies of socialism' and 'capitalist-roaders' died. nobody ever fled to a socialist state. quite the reverse. the people are imprisoned in their own country.

of course, 'its not really socialist' mugs like you say, but that dishonest argument is only ever used retrospectively, when another socialist experiment has proved disastrous. while the ussr and cuba and latterly, venezuela were in their prime, western leftists held them up as role models. when it all turns to sh1t-it wasnt really socialist. a classic example- john mcdonnell praised every act taken in venezuela and said this was what we should be doing. when he finally had to acknowledge it was a disaster, with 3 million refugees fleeing the police sate he said it 'was not socialist enough'! the sacred flame cannot be extinguished. its a failed idea that will not die. but non-believers will. lots of em.

you are a fool in denial. was the only other comparable human catastrophe, the union of soviet socialist republics also not socialist? or cuba? venezuela? socialism has been the greatest calamity of the age, but 'next time' it will be ok. but while it is being built, it is cheered by dishonest fools, and when it oppresses and murders millions, its not really socialist.

from albania to vietnam, socialism has produced nothing but violence, starvation and misery.
Report sofaking July 23, 2021 3:16 AM BST

Jul 22, 2021 -- 5:07PM, mitolo wrote:


cryoftruth Joined: 22 Mar 04Replies: 707922 Jul 21 21:17

Report sofaking July 23, 2021 3:16 AM BST
Correct. The end goal of socialism is always communism. And the end result of communism is always starvation and genocide. Every single time. Can cryoftruth name one example of where socialism, or communism has been a success?  PS: Don't say Sweden, Denmark etc. These countries are more free market capitalist than the USSA but fund their social programs with extremely high taxation of their citizens.
Report cryoftruth July 23, 2021 10:54 AM BST
So you believe the Chinese government do you???

Did you believe that East Germany was a democratic republic just because they said so??

No I didn’t think so.

The idea that you can call China even remotely socialist is simply laughable. It has huge inequality of wealth for starters. It is run by a few for the privilege of the few. It is a nazi state ie it practices capitalism that is largely or totally state controlled.

The end goal  of socialism is never communism. That is just stupid talk. The equivalent of saying that the end goal of capitalism is nazism or fascism. The world and reality is a bit more nuanced that that.

Get a grip or do some reading away from Qanon and stop making bizarre and false assertions. You only humiliate your self by doing so.
Report cryoftruth July 23, 2021 10:55 AM BST
So for a long time democratic socialism worked marvellously in Scandinavia. Denmark with its high taxes and fantastic welfare state is the happiest nation in the world.
Report cryoftruth July 23, 2021 10:58 AM BST
The democratic socialist  governments in Scandinavia never went for starvation or genocide. They went for a caring society with a properly funded welfare state, funded by high taxation. They managed a balance between rich and poor that was not as offensive as the Tory ongoing strategy to take from the poor via NHS cuts and to give to the stinking rich either in corrupt PPE bungs or via tax cuts.
Report cryoftruth July 23, 2021 10:59 AM BST
That is the truth about democratic socialism. It achieves and balance and remains democratic.so that when as happened in Sweden the electorate moved to the right, they got a more right wing government.no drama, no repression and none of the awful corruption our current Tory government specialises in.
Report sofaking July 23, 2021 4:59 PM BST

Jul 23, 2021 -- 4:54AM, cryoftruth wrote:


So you believe the Chinese government do you???Did you believe that East Germany was a democratic republic just because they said so??No I didn’t think so.The idea that you can call China even remotely socialist is simply laughable. It has huge inequality of wealth for starters. It is run by a few for the privilege of the few. It is a nazi state ie it practices capitalism that is largely or totally state controlled.The end goal

Report sofaking July 23, 2021 5:02 PM BST
Laughable nonsense. I really don't have time to educate you though.
Report mitolo July 23, 2021 9:33 PM BST
article 1 of the chinese constitution states that it is a socialist state. but crybaby knows better. he completely ignores all the other states that are socialist, and also have it written into the constitution. why have they all professed socialism and all been a disaster? was hitler a nazi? he says he was, but i maintain he wasnt. how does that sound?

at the absolute minimum, states that say they are socialist have been a human catastrophe. note crybaby uses the term 'democratic socialism', a tacit admission that it never is. you never hear of 'democratic capitalism'.

how is it that socialist revolutions always turn to sh1t? and massive inequality is a preserve of socialism. the nomenklatura in every one of them live well while the vast majority are starved or murdered. crybaby ignores the gigantic death-toll that has resulted from socialism worldwide; all professed devotion to the cause; all murdered millions. why do these mass-killers attach the socialist label to themselves? not only is the baby in denial. he is wilfully ignorant.

was the ussocialistr socialist? it killed 20 million people during PEACETIME, long before tha nazis turned up, and was supported by SOCIALISTS in this country who said it was a great advancement, and even when confronted with the mass terror and famine(in the most resource-rich and most fertile country on earth) brushed it off as being necessary for the advancement of humanity. labour folk-hero and historian eric hobsbawm, among others, said 20 million dead was worth it. thats nice. little has changed. nobody will say cuba is not socialist. but it follows the same dismal path; oppression, labour camps, total lack of basic freedom and keeping its people locked up, as usual.

the baby doesnt mention all these calamities but concentrates on scandinavia. these countries are prosperous because they have a free market economy, they invest hugely in stocks and shares which have seen their combined sovereign wealth-funds reach trillions. they bought microsoft, facebook, amazon, etc. no socialist country has ever come up with any of them, as planned economies, or nationalisation simply do not work. they are among the most free economies in the world. open markets generate money to support state spending.

but that is changing. sweden, for example is less homogenous than it was, and the contract between the people and state, previously accepted but unspoken is being challenged by the influx of non-swedes who simply are not like them.

but the baby will not have it, he will desperately search for confirmation and ignore everything contrary, which makes him a perfect socialist.
Report cryoftruth July 23, 2021 9:46 PM BST
Laughable nonsense. I really don't have time to educate you though.
If that really is the best you are able to manage after posting the ridiculous tripe you did before I suggest you return to licking your semen stained windows,
Report politicspunter July 23, 2021 9:49 PM BST
Next week same shyte, another different username Sad
Report cryoftruth July 23, 2021 9:50 PM BST
[b]
article 1 of the chinese constitution states that it is a socialist state.[/b

Well whooppeee.

And of course some utter imbeciles believe that.

Hitler loved people too.

The GDR stood for the German Democratic Republic.

I expect certain utter dimwits believed the label.

I do not because China is not socialist, it is. Nazi state running capitalism.

There really is no debate about this it’s just a fact.

Dullards quoting the Chinese Communist Party to support their arguments are really not as bright as several did light bulbs.
Report mitolo July 23, 2021 9:53 PM BST
cryoftruth 23 Jul 21 09:54 

'The end goal  of socialism is never communism. That is just stupid talk. The equivalent of saying that the end goal of capitalism is nazism or fascism. The world and reality is a bit more nuanced that that.

Get a grip or do some reading away from Qanon and stop making bizarre and false assertions. You only humiliate your self by doing so'



no. you are. if you read socialist 'thinkers' they will say communism is the goal and socialism the path, from marx to lenin to trotsky to stalin and numerous academics you have never heard of, but i have read. it is the truth as revealed by the prophet marx. i think your reading needs updating. or starting.
Report mitolo July 23, 2021 9:59 PM BST
ok then crybaby. forget china, what else did i write was untrue? i will go and clean my windows(grotesque thoughts you have btw) and when i return i expect you to have rubbished my arguments about socialism. i wrote plenty, but you only pick up on one bit, despite being a prolific poster yourself. you regularly do it to others. its my turn.
Report mitolo July 23, 2021 10:05 PM BST
politicspunter Joined: 20 Mar 18
Replies: 3001423 Jul 21 20:49 
Next week same shyte, another different username'


it is shyte of course, but you dont challenge it. even though you engage in endless adolescent mud-slinging with all sorts of loons on here. but not this one.

neutral observers will see the reason for that.
Report sofaking July 23, 2021 10:59 PM BST
https://www.thelocal.dk/20151101/danish-pm-in-us-denmark-is-not-socialist/

After seeing his country held up as an example in the US presidential debate, Danish Prime Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen used an address at Harvard to explain the Nordic model to a US audience suddenly very interested in Denmark.
Speaking at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government, Danish PM Lars Løkke Rasmussen told students that he had “absolutely no wish to interfere the presidential debate in the US” but nonetheless attempted to set the record straight about his country.

“I know that some people in the US associate the Nordic model with some sort of socialism. Therefore I would like to make one thing clear. Denmark is far from a socialist planned economy. Denmark is a market economy,” Rasmussen said.

“The Nordic model is an expanded welfare state which provides a high level of security for its citizens, but it is also a successful market economy with much freedom to pursue your dreams and live your life as you wish,” he added.

The PM’s comments come after US presidential hopefuls Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton used part of the first Democratic debate to discuss how the United States could emulate Scandinavia.


Report sofaking July 23, 2021 11:05 PM BST
Crybaby has probably been indoctrinated by Marxist "professors" while studying for his worthless arts degree. Sounds like an idealistic kid who has no idea how the world works. And yes, all of those socialist ideologues have stated that the end goal of socialism is communism.
Report sofaking July 23, 2021 11:07 PM BST
And what has Qanon got to do with anything?  It was always an obvious psy-op.
Report boxingthefox July 23, 2021 11:14 PM BST
Two of my many favourites...... 'The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money.'

socialist are people who have nothing and they want to share with everyone,
Report sofaking July 23, 2021 11:15 PM BST
What did socialists use before candles?






Electricity.
Report boxingthefox July 23, 2021 11:18 PM BST
Laugh
Report boxingthefox July 23, 2021 11:20 PM BST

Jul 23, 2021 -- 5:15PM, sofaking wrote:


What did socialists use before candles?Electricity.


Sooooo true.Cry

Report mitolo July 23, 2021 11:33 PM BST
much as i agree with the geezer, merely posting stuff from the interweb in support of your argument doesnt really prove anything. you can doctor posts, highlight selective bits, invent them or ignore bits you dont like and just post the good bits. i never google anything, as it is lazy and people who know nothing are prone to it because its easier than finding out for yourself. sometimes i get it wrong, but if you have any understanding of the subject you can waffle away without great fear of contradiction.

you only have to look at the supposedly serious youtube 'documentaries' that seem so convincing but are utter garbage, spreading conspiracy nonsense and lies. which is why they are favoured by totalitarian regimes that use them outside their own countries but deny access to them to their own people. like, er.. china, and cuba, and n.korea, all non-socialist countries that pretend that they are. dunno why they do that.

the worst is wikipedia. it is so susceptible to manipulation. this is not a fault of the founder, but its catnip to putin, xi and co. costs them nothing.

yet it is a go-to resource for so many who dont know any better. i am very boring, but i am a mega-bore when it comes to russian/soviet history. the number of changes and outright lies i have witnessed on this site is truly alarming. and ive only become aware of it in the last 10 years. fsb killings, 'fascists' trying to destabilise russia and justification for invading ukraine. its really quite scary.
Report boxingthefox July 23, 2021 11:39 PM BST
Excellent post mtolo. I'm offski guys good night, all the best to everyone.
Report sofaking July 24, 2021 4:41 PM BST

Jul 23, 2021 -- 5:33PM, mitolo wrote:


much as i agree with the geezer, merely posting stuff from the interweb in support of your argument doesnt really prove anything. you can doctor posts, highlight selective bits, invent them or ignore bits you dont like and just post the good bits. i never google anything, as it is lazy and people who know nothing are prone to it because its easier than finding out for yourself. sometimes i get it wrong, but if you have any understanding of the subject you can waffle away without great fear of contradiction.you only have to look at the supposedly serious youtube 'documentaries' that seem so convincing but are utter garbage, spreading conspiracy nonsense and lies. which is why they are favoured by totalitarian regimes that use them outside their own countries but deny access to them to their own people. like, er.. china, and cuba, and n.korea, all non-socialist countries that pretend that they are. dunno why they do that. the worst is wikipedia. it is so susceptible to manipulation. this is not a fault of the founder, but its catnip to putin, xi and co. costs them nothing.yet it is a go-to resource for so many who dont know any better. i am very boring, but i am a mega-bore when it comes to russian/soviet history. the number of changes and outright lies i have witnessed on this site is truly alarming. and ive only become aware of it in the last 10 years. fsb killings, 'fascists' trying to destabilise russia and justification for invading ukraine. its really quite scary.


Who's this geezer you're referring to?

Report cryoftruth July 26, 2021 10:08 AM BST

yet it is a go-to resource for so many who dont know any better. i am very boring, but i am a mega-bore when it comes to russian/soviet history. the number of changes and outright lies i have witnessed on this site is truly alarming. and ive only become aware of it in the last 10 years. fsb killings, 'fascists' trying to destabilise russia and justification for invading ukraine. its really quite scary.


Let’s be nice and clear about Russia and Putin.

Putin is a fascist dictator who has abolished opposition through repression and has total control over the media in Russia.
Putin has sent agents to use chemical weapons in Britain that killed U.K. citizens.
Putin certainly supported Trump and has engineered meddling in elections in real democracies and Russia has annexed a chunk of Ukraine and annexed Crimea.

Much of Russia’s overseas dalliances if funded through the confiscation of former state assesses by oligarchs like Amramovitch made into multi billionaires and allowed to buy football clubs because they do Putin’s bidding when required.

Russia has been behind much of the vast swathe of emigration from Syria through its unequivocal support from the brutal dictator Sadat.
His and the old KGS’s malign internet towards us is detailed thoroughly in Catherine Belton’s excellent well detailed thoroughly researched book Putins People.

And anyone trying to defend Putin is either a certifiable cretin, disingenuous in the extreme or pursuing a course of propaganda aimed at supporting Putin because they secretly like fascism but are too scared to say so.
Report cryoftruth July 26, 2021 10:14 AM BST
And if some self professed bore who is well known to spout bilge on a betting website knows even a tiny fraction of that known by Catherine Belton about Russia post Gorbachev then Hell really has frozen over, Johnson has started telling the truth, Trump was robbed, David Icke was right after all,and Elvis is driving his Ford Cortina on the moon.
Report Charlie July 26, 2021 11:59 AM BST
Add London to the list.
Report Whisperingdeath July 26, 2021 12:01 PM BST
I think you will find Elvis lives and drives his Cortina in Essex. He was seen in a chip shop there!
Report mitolo July 28, 2021 10:31 PM BST
cryoftruth 26 Jul 21 09:14 
And if some self professed bore who is well known to spout bilge on a betting website knows even a tiny fraction of that known by Catherine Belton about Russia post Gorbachev then Hell really has frozen over, Johnson has started telling the truth, Trump was robbed, David Icke was right after all,and Elvis is driving his Ford Cortina on the moon.'


bizarre post. why dont you stick to the point rather than deflect from the inadequacies of your own posts? i have said exactly that, and more, about putin. why bring in all the other nonsense? i was joking about the boring bit, as you know. i could be but i dont ignore uncomfortable truths, unlike you. i will always respond to the question without selecting bits i can deal with

as ever. you ignore what i wrote and bring in your own adolescent rambling. where did i even mention belton? ive read her book, and it was diligently researched, but badly written, but that doesnt detract from the truth of it. ive also read many more on the same subject. i doubt you have. please give me an example of my BILGE. i will wager you will not. and you conveniently used this rant to hide from the fact that i rubbished your arguments about socialism. why dont you address them, 1 by 1 ,as you know i would any argument of yours? and leave out motor cars.

you will not. its a sign of impotence that will have you raging, but sometimes admittance of error can be therapeutic. you should try it.
Report mitolo July 28, 2021 10:43 PM BST
usual coruscating intervention from whimpering
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com