Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Jumping-cuckoo-monk
10 Jul 21 12:23
| Topic/replies: 3,453 | Blogger: Jumping-cuckoo-monk's blog
Claimed to be a doctor on here and gave plenty of instructions about health and vaccines
Posted prolifically.
Anyone remember him?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 35
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 10 Jul 21 12:52
I think he was only ever really here to bet on the US election. Stuck around a bit but soon realised it wasn't a useful exercise is my guess.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 10 Jul 21 12:57
Might find him on cricket forum?
By:
politicspunter
When: 10 Jul 21 13:00

Jul 10, 2021 -- 6:52AM, PorcupineorPineapple wrote:

I think he was only ever really here to bet on the US election. Stuck around a bit but soon realised it wasn't a useful exercise is my guess.

Yeah, I recall he won a considerable amount backing Biden/ laying Trump, as most of us did Laugh

By:
Dr Crippen
When: 10 Jul 21 13:16
He wasn't a doctor.

Probably a hospital porter, or more likely a trainee hospital porter.
By:
Timber
When: 10 Jul 21 13:22
Surely a doctor wouldn't have the time to spend hours posting on a betting forum?
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 10 Jul 21 13:56
Of course not Timber. A doctor would have more important things on his mind than trolling on here every day.

He doesn't know enough anyway.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 10 Jul 21 17:30
Laugh
By:
i_agree_with_nick
When: 14 Jul 21 13:07
My employer was very impressed when I told him I was an exporter.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 14 Jul 21 13:23
Just like mine when I told them I was a Barrista.
By:
i_agree_with_nick
When: 14 Jul 21 14:10
Joined: 21 May 10 | Topic/replies: 12,961 | Blogger: i_agree_with_nick's blog

A friend of mine recently got a job at a law firm.  He was sacked for incompetence after just a week but his boss gave him a good reference:

"...unfortunately not the right person for this position but makes a lovely cup of coffee."
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 14 Jul 21 14:11
I am the King of Java Sumatra and Monsoon Malabar gis a job!
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 20 Aug 21 17:52
No idea but top bloke, above average intelligence, winning betfairer and certainly a medical professional.

FS Always imparting valuable insights on cricket trading when the cricket forum was a place to visit.
By:
politicspunter
When: 20 Aug 21 18:00
Yep, a smart cookie, made a massive chunk when Biden won.
By:
Charlie
When: 20 Aug 21 19:19
I can confirm 100% that he was a doctor.
By:
Timber
When: 20 Aug 21 19:25
Of course you can Charlie haha
By:
jollyswagman
When: 20 Aug 21 19:29
i was looking at an article about covid a couple of weeks ago and there were comments including one from someone who was obviously him, he is definitely a consultant in the nhs. i wont dox him so wont say where it was.
By:
politicspunter
When: 20 Aug 21 19:32
Yep, he knew some of the team at Addenbrookes that were involved in my wifes transplant.
By:
Timber
When: 20 Aug 21 19:33
Walter Mitty is alive and well
By:
peckerdunne
When: 20 Aug 21 19:36
Charles and Cardinal are correct.

A good bloke.
By:
Foinavon
When: 20 Aug 21 20:31
I remember him posting prolifically during Test matches claiming to be in a syndicate and betting large amounts. He seemed to have a good feel for the game. He only posted on this forum for a short time.
By:
politicspunter
When: 20 Aug 21 20:35
He certainly bet (very) large amounts on politics.
By:
Jumping-cuckoo-monk
When: 21 Aug 21 12:13
jollyswagman

20 Aug 21 18:29Joined: 04 Jul 15 | Topic/replies: 10,222 | Blogger: jollyswagman's blog

i was looking at an article about covid a couple of weeks ago and there were comments including one from someone who was obviously him, he is definitely a consultant in the nhs. i wont dox him so wont say where it was.

What did he say that made you so convinced he was FS and also an nhs worker?
Can you copy and paste the comment JS?
By:
Foinavon
When: 21 Aug 21 12:43
There was a bloke in my local complaining about the price of black and suds. I knew instinctively who it was even though I've never met him.
By:
Timber
When: 21 Aug 21 13:00

Aug 20, 2021 -- 2:35PM, politicspunter wrote:

He certainly bet (very) large amounts on politics.

Of course he didLaugh

By:
Fatslogger
When: 10 Sep 21 19:21
I’m very flattered to have had my own thread and thank you all for the supportive or at least really amusing comments.

Yeah, mostly here for cricket historically. I’m sure jucel remembers me from there, so it’s a bit sad that he’d affect to believe that I didn’t bet much on politics when he knows that I was an at least moderately high roller on cricket, if not as aggressive and prone to the huge win as he was. I mean, I was one of the 2020 election thread bores who kept posting thoughts and positions. I suppose I might have made it up but would have been a bit odd to invent a bunch of consistent anti Trump positions and updated deepening them on lots of occasions when they didn’t look good, including just before the election night blue shift with Florida already gone to Trump and the “fix” states yet to include postal votes so Trump heavily odds on.

Wasn’t part of a cricket syndicate ever, Foinavon. Only ever bet for myself.

Charlie wanted me to give him medical advice on whether he should stop smoking and drinking, which is how he knows I’m a real doctor.

I say the odd thing about Covid on Twitter but otherwise not, so that doesn’t sound like it would have been me jolly.

Pp, did your wife have her transplant? Hope so and that it went well.

Anyway, I came back partly to talk about the 5th test, so that went well.
By:
Charlie
When: 10 Sep 21 19:26
Welcome back, hope you and family are well.
By:
Charlie
When: 10 Sep 21 19:30
Charlie wanted me to give him medical advice on whether he should stop smoking and drinking, which is how he knows I’m a real doctor.

For the sake of accuracy that wasn't the advice I asked (it was a different matter) but it was the advice you gave.
By:
Foinavon
When: 10 Sep 21 19:40
Wasn’t part of a cricket syndicate ever, Foinavon. Only ever bet for myself.

Apologies for getting that wrong, Fatslogger. Glad to see you post again.
I thought the withdrawal by the Indian cricket team a bit strange, did you comment about it on the cricket forum? I haven't looked at the thread yet.
By:
Fatslogger
When: 10 Sep 21 19:49

Sep 10, 2021 -- 1:30PM, Charlie wrote:

Charlie wanted me to give him medical advice on whether he should stop smoking and drinking, which is how he knows I’m a real doctor.For the sake of accuracy that wasn't the advice I asked (it was a different matter) but it was the advice you gave.

I only did it for the sake of form and because you said I would!

By:
casemoney
When: 10 Sep 21 19:49
Last seen being carried out of his house 4 am election night when trump was trading 3 on ,Tried to trade out on Don done his absolutes , Like many Biden bettors on here .
By:
Fatslogger
When: 10 Sep 21 19:52

Sep 10, 2021 -- 1:40PM, Foinavon wrote:

Wasn’t part of a cricket syndicate ever, Foinavon. Only ever bet for myself.Apologies for getting that wrong, Fatslogger. Glad to see you post again.I thought the withdrawal by the Indian cricket team a bit strange, did you comment about it on the cricket forum? I haven't looked at the thread yet.

No worries at all, just for the sake of accuracy, really.

I’ve commented on it yes. Don’t think I really know enough about the exact circs to say whether I agree but I thought it an understandable decision.

By:
Foinavon
When: 10 Sep 21 19:55
Thanks, just read it. I too had a pre-match bet and cashed out on Wednesday but that comes to nought. Not enough Test cricket these days.
By:
shiny new shoes please
When: 10 Sep 21 19:58
Next mystery ..Where is larabrown .. !
Covid id. Is a conspiracy ExcitedLaugh
By:
Fatslogger
When: 10 Sep 21 19:58

Sep 10, 2021 -- 1:55PM, Foinavon wrote:

Thanks, just read it. I too had a pre-match bet and cashed out on Wednesday but that comes to nought. Not enough Test cricket these days.

Won’t after time too much but had a nice series so am very disappointed not to be able to risk doing my brains opposing the draw in the last one. But like I say, I can see why they made the call they did.

By:
wolf3011
When: 10 Sep 21 20:15
Charlie calls people selfish for not taking the vaccine but smokes and drinks putting the NHS at more likely greater strain- the old fool will be seeing the inside of a hospital long before any healthy unvaccinated person
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com