Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Dr Crippen
29 Jun 21 08:47
| Topic/replies: 46,256 | Blogger: Dr Crippen's blog
Not even horseplay.
Whitty looked uncomfortable, but he wasn't called any names.
The police are too busy to bother with stuff like that.
Pause Switch to Standard View Tomfoolery in the park.
Show More
Report Giuseppe July 6, 2021 4:38 PM BST
"brave migrant dies trying to protect child from deranged Trump supporter"
Report Cider July 6, 2021 4:39 PM BST
Which of the incidents do you believe is the most significant, edy? Let's see if you can answer honestly.
Report Giuseppe July 6, 2021 4:39 PM BST
wasn't there some African lad who saved a child in Paris a couple of years ago? that got plenty of coverage
Report Cider July 6, 2021 4:40 PM BST
The one who scaled the building?
Report edy July 6, 2021 4:40 PM BST

Jul 6, 2021 -- 10:39AM, Cider wrote:

Which of the incidents do you believe is the most significant, edy? Let's see if you can answer honestly.

Is this where you will accuse me of lying if my answer doesn't align with your unhinged views?

Report Cider July 6, 2021 4:40 PM BST
you've not responded yet
Report edy July 6, 2021 4:41 PM BST
National news, though also more in the tabloid category, is Whitty because he is a person of national interest. The other is a random crime story.
Report Cider July 6, 2021 4:42 PM BST
That's not an answer, I asked which incident is more significant.
Report edy July 6, 2021 4:42 PM BST
Will we ever go back to discussing the infiltration of the institutions by marxist and when the revolution will kick off? I went out of my to answer your climate questions despite you never committing to it, and also answered your question here.
Report edy July 6, 2021 4:43 PM BST
More significant for the national public is Whitty. Easy.
Report edy July 6, 2021 4:43 PM BST
Nobody outside an ever enraged tabloid crowd cares about individual murders between normal citizens.
Report edy July 6, 2021 4:44 PM BST
Much more significant for the respective person and their relatives is obviously the murder.
Report Giuseppe July 6, 2021 4:44 PM BST
yes cider
Report Cider July 6, 2021 4:45 PM BST
Whitty wasn't murdered when trying to save a boy's life. In fact, nothing actually happened to him. and he said he wasn't worried himself. It was exaggerated beyond all common sense. As the perps had a target profile.
Report edy July 6, 2021 4:48 PM BST
Were you guys really bombarded morning to evening with Whitty news?
Report Cider July 6, 2021 4:50 PM BST
Someone jokingly/drunkenly accosted for a selfie in a public park (albeit a famous face) is more significant than a hero being murdered in the process of saving a boy from being violently murdered, according to edy. I guess we are all entitled to our opinions.
Report Giuseppe July 6, 2021 4:50 PM BST
another example will be teh football on Sunday

if England win (unlikely) the multicultural / immigrant aspect of the team will be highlighted as a positive (as it was for France)

this will not be mentioned if they lose

and Italy's team is one of the leasrt multicultural in the tournament

a white naturalised Italian-Brazilian the closest to a non-Italian in the team
Report PorcupineorPineapple July 6, 2021 4:51 PM BST
Well, I think we can all agree the real victim in that story is the gammons who haven't been bombarded with the piece when religiously scanning all news channels for omissions.

Still curious why cider called Whitty infamous, rather than famous.
Report PorcupineorPineapple July 6, 2021 4:52 PM BST
One day G will read the news and the colour of the person's skin will not be the first thing he thinks about. Will be a good day that.
Report Cider July 6, 2021 4:52 PM BST
I already answered that. He is famous (or infamous) for delivering bad news.
Report Cider July 6, 2021 4:53 PM BST
What, or who, is 'gammons' ?
Report PorcupineorPineapple July 6, 2021 4:54 PM BST
Did you?

This is an extremely infamous, recognisable person, walking around alone in a public park and some idiots trying to get content to post on social media. It's more of a case of Whitty thinking he is still a regular joe that people won't take notice of.

Curious. Why did you choose infamous, rather than famous?

Seeing as you're dipping your toe in now, why does delivering bad news make one infamous? Do you understand what the word actually means?
Report edy July 6, 2021 4:57 PM BST
Oh Cider....

Look, when England plays today it is more important and significant to the public than any individual murder of a normal citizen by a normal citizen. That, even though none of the players will (hopefully) have died this evening.

When Kim Kardashian is spotted with a booger on her face, that is also more important and significant to the general public than any individual murder committed by a normal citizen, on a normal citizen. That, despite her (hopefully) not having died from having the booger on her face.

Similarly, if an infamous person like Whitty....you get the drift.

Not quite sure why you are having such a hard time to understand this, or at least pretend to not understand this. You are just making a drama out of this because you, in your unhinged ways, want to create a narrative that the mainstream media are underreporting the real news for real people and because you, in your unhinged ways, are under the impression that the mainstream media would give you end-to-end coverage if it had been a random black man murdered by a random white man.
Report Cider July 6, 2021 4:57 PM BST
I would say it is someone who is famous (or infamous) for doing things that are perceived to be bad or unpopular. For example, I would say Maggie Thatcher is infamous. Poll tax, miner strikes etc.
Report Giuseppe July 6, 2021 4:57 PM BST
porcky

cultural issues and divisions in teams for are a legitimate topic to discuss

and it is not mentioned at all

it seems to be an issue with France for example

you have Muslims and black kids from the banlieues (ghettoes) playing alongside middle class white guys from Brittany
Report edy July 6, 2021 4:58 PM BST
*in a random act of violence
Report PorcupineorPineapple July 6, 2021 4:59 PM BST
As said, G. One day it may not be front and centre in your mind on every single news item. I'll raise a glass to that day.
Report Cider July 6, 2021 5:03 PM BST
The fact that some plonkers tried to get Whitty in a selfie and he looked awkward is probably a story that is worth a nod for one day. It is not a story that should have dominated the news narrative, and still on it now.
Report edy July 6, 2021 5:04 PM BST
Have you guys actually and for real been bombarded with Whitty news morning to evening or are you just making this up? Has it "dominated" the news narrative?
Report edy July 6, 2021 5:04 PM BST
And by that I don't mean Whitty in general, but Whitty plonker selfie news.
Report edy July 6, 2021 5:07 PM BST
It ain't on the The Grauniad website in any prominent position. Or at all on the default Grauniad homepage in fact.
Report Cider July 6, 2021 5:08 PM BST
I couldn't tell you about BBC or ITV as I don't consume their broadcasts. It was definitely all over the news produced by news international.
Report edy July 6, 2021 5:08 PM BST
What do you mean by "News International"? Is that what Sky News uses?
Report Giuseppe July 6, 2021 5:09 PM BST
yeah it was covered a lot

didn't boris tweet about it as well?
Report edy July 6, 2021 5:10 PM BST
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_UK

This?

The Sun...figures.
Report Cider July 6, 2021 5:13 PM BST
I believe their news content is shared across several platforms, such as times radio.
Report edy July 6, 2021 5:33 PM BST
Did it dominate Times Radio?
Report Cider July 6, 2021 5:35 PM BST
Couldn't tell you.
Report edy July 6, 2021 5:36 PM BST
So what did it actually dominate? The Sun?
Report edy July 6, 2021 5:40 PM BST
Please donn't tell me you are making this kind of ruckus just because you saw that The Sun happened to give coverage for a sensationalist story....
Report lfc1971 July 7, 2021 10:35 AM BST
Wonder what would have happened if it had been two young black men larking around and taking a selfie
Would everyone be suggesting we should lighten up a little ? , quite probable
but it was a young white estate agent , fire him and give him a criminal conviction , it’s ludicrous .
Report saddo July 7, 2021 10:48 AM BST
Whitty only 55 ffs? He looks 82, how can he be in charge of anyone else's health?
He should have been able to Prescott at least one drunk at his age.
Report Dr Crippen July 7, 2021 11:12 AM BST
Yes saddo and look at his mate Valance just 61. You could say the same about him.

These people are put in charge of our health, when they can't even look after themselves.

I bet the pair of them never live to be as old as they look.
Report Dr Crippen July 7, 2021 11:16 AM BST
They remind me of Burke and Hare.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 7, 2021 11:20 AM BST
burke and hare would have loved this tory goverment

ker ching!
Report edy July 10, 2021 11:01 AM BST

Jul 6, 2021 -- 11:36AM, edy wrote:

So what did it actually dominate? The Sun?

*bump*

Report edy July 10, 2021 11:01 AM BST
@Cider
Report Cider July 10, 2021 11:11 AM BST
I couldn't tell you about BBC or ITV as I don't consume their broadcasts. It was definitely all over the news produced by News UK (that's a correction, I wrote 'international' above).

Others will be able to tell you whether it was headline news on the main channels (I'd be almost sure it was, as the News UK news reflects the mainstream narrative, and produces online, broadcast and printed content).
Report edy July 10, 2021 11:12 AM BST
So which specific News UK outlet did you see it dominate?
Report edy July 10, 2021 11:13 AM BST
You said News UK produces for Times Radio, but then couldn't tell me if it dominated Times Radio.

Where, specifically, did you come across the News UK produced content?
Report Cider July 10, 2021 11:14 AM BST
You don't need to know that. There are plenty of people on here who consume mainstream news in the UK, they can either confirm or deny that the Whitty selfie was treated as a big story, and lasted more than one day, or not.
Report edy July 10, 2021 11:15 AM BST
Why are you so resistant to just tell me? It was just The Sun, wasn't it?
Report Cider July 10, 2021 11:16 AM BST
Frankly, it's not your business. There's absolutely nothing wrong with The Sun, but no, it wasn't.
Report edy July 10, 2021 11:16 AM BST
So where was it?
Report Cider July 10, 2021 11:17 AM BST
Frankly, it's not your business.
Report edy July 10, 2021 11:17 AM BST
How is it a state secret to know where you allegedly saw this news dominate?
Report Cider July 10, 2021 11:19 AM BST
It's irrelevant. Nobody has denied that the Whitty story dominated the UK mainstream media output.
Report edy July 10, 2021 11:19 AM BST
Where, specifically, you personally saw it dominate is vitally important.
Report Cider July 10, 2021 11:20 AM BST
In your warped logic perhaps, not my logic.
Report edy July 10, 2021 11:21 AM BST
News UK does Sun and Times basically.

If it was neither of those, did someone on facebook or some oddball website just tell you it dominated the news?
Report edy July 10, 2021 11:21 AM BST
As, after all, you couldn't tell me about BBC or ITV either.
Report edy July 10, 2021 11:22 AM BST
Are publications like The Sun still relevant anyway?
Report Cider July 10, 2021 11:24 AM BST
I have no idea why you are obsessing about this. If it wasn't all over the news, I'm sure plenty of people would be stating that.
Report edy July 10, 2021 11:26 AM BST
You can start by listing the publications you yourself saw it dominate. Happy

And tell us if things like The Sun are still even relevant.
Report edy July 10, 2021 11:28 AM BST
If you make a statement that it dominated, you gotta be able to back it up in some way. Certainly by just doing something as very, very simple as simply stating the sources you saw it dominate.
Report edy July 10, 2021 11:31 AM BST
I mean, it's the mainstream media it allegedly dominated. You are not exactly incriminating yourself by naming mainstream publications.
Report Cider July 10, 2021 11:32 AM BST
Of course The Sun is still relevant. My understanding is that up until last Monday, the publication was beating the fear drum aligned with the UK government machine.

I told you several times, I am exposed to the News UK 'news', which has a wide reach in the UK (multiple 'channels'), and is indicative of the mainstream narrative.
Report edy July 10, 2021 11:34 AM BST
How does

Cider • July 10, 2021 11:32 AM BST
Of course The Sun is still relevant.

tie in with

By Cider on 24 Apr 21 11:31
lol that edy thinks The Sun are still relevant, is he stuck in the 80s and 90s

which you told me only a few months ago?
Report Cider July 10, 2021 11:36 AM BST
April Laugh

What was the context you said it was relevant?
Report edy July 10, 2021 11:37 AM BST
Shaping the mainstream narrative.
Report edy July 10, 2021 11:37 AM BST
and opinion
Report Cider July 10, 2021 11:39 AM BST
It's not relevant in regard to electoral outcomes or shaping opinion. It is relevant in the sense that it is consumed by a lot of people. As in my example above, it has been aligned with the government's fear narrative.

40 years ago The Sun could swing elections, decide the football manager's fate etc, not any more.
Report Cider July 10, 2021 11:42 AM BST
tbf The Sun did break the Hancock story. But any media publication would have achieved the same, as it was such a major scoop.
Report edy July 10, 2021 11:42 AM BST
So it is consumed by a lot of people, is indicative of the mainstream narrative, is beating the fear drum aligned with the UK government machine, but....all that doesn't actually matter because it doesn't shape opinion (and hence their alignment with the fear machine doesn't actually create fear)?
Report edy July 10, 2021 11:44 AM BST
Or sustains fear?
Report Cider July 10, 2021 11:52 AM BST
For example, if the publication's editorial switched and wanted 'freedom day' to go ahead on 21st June, it wouldn't have been able to influence that to have happened.

I would say twatter has made journalists lazy now, so a lot of what drives the media narrative begins with social media. Nearly every online article now quotes twatter. The so called journalists don't even need to leave their bedrooms these days. And like so many people, crave online likes.
Report edy July 10, 2021 11:54 AM BST
Would anybody else have been able to mob the government into changing course that radically?
Report edy July 10, 2021 11:57 AM BST
Like...if News UK as a whole had changed their editorial line?
Report Cider July 10, 2021 11:58 AM BST
As I say, it starts with social media, and then the mainstream pile on, that's how it could have happened. The whole blm thing, which influenced vast swathes of the developed world, and policy makers, was as a result of social media 'blowing up'.
Report edy July 10, 2021 12:31 PM BST
Wonderful that social media finally gives people a platform to make their felt mistreatment by the state and its authorities known, isn't it?
Report Timber July 10, 2021 12:34 PM BST
social media amplifies freaks and misfits
Report Timber July 10, 2021 12:35 PM BST
and weirdos
Report Timber July 10, 2021 12:37 PM BST
Another stabbed at a funfair last night in Khan's London in front of terrified families

Wonderful
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk July 10, 2021 12:41 PM BST
It's the knife manufacturer's fault. Aint it edy?
Report wolf3011 July 10, 2021 12:45 PM BST

Jul 1, 2021 -- 4:02PM, boxingthefox wrote:

mo, I really cant be bothered on here with this, I was stabbed at 15, (1063) guess where my attacker came fron...........Jamaiaca....... knife crime began in the late 50s/60s, it has just b numbingly normal since.

1063 , you must be even older than Guiseppe who is in his 90s apparently Grin

Report edy July 10, 2021 12:52 PM BST

Jul 10, 2021 -- 6:41AM, Jumping-cuckoo-monk wrote:

It's the knife manufacturer's fault. Aint it edy?

Why do you ask me if you have me on your blocked list anyway?

Report moisok July 10, 2021 5:03 PM BST
Slicing is very on trend in Marseilles  at the moment  - usual suspects.
Report Giuseppe July 10, 2021 5:11 PM BST
you got a problem with old people wolfman
Report moisok July 10, 2021 5:13 PM BST
Huddersfield being the latest 'slim  activity and sentencing for the usual.
Report moisok July 10, 2021 5:16 PM BST
Care international and two other charities are fighting these and other illegal activities  all in your own country - guys.  But then most of the progressives on here don't even live in england   or even the uk.
Report boxingthefox July 10, 2021 5:24 PM BST

Jul 10, 2021 -- 6:45AM, wolf3011 wrote:

Jul  1, 2021 --  9:02PM, boxingthefox wrote:mo, I really cant be bothered on here with this, I was stabbed at 15, (1063) guess where my attacker came fron...........Jamaiaca....... knife crime began in the late 50s/60s, it has just b numbingly normal since.1063 , you must be even older than Guiseppe who is in his 90s apparently

LaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report moisok July 10, 2021 5:29 PM BST
going to send you to Guis Excited
Report Giuseppe July 10, 2021 5:30 PM BST
i wish you would send me some money instead
Report moisok July 10, 2021 5:32 PM BST
you will have to make do with foxy - sorry
Report boxingthefox July 10, 2021 5:34 PM BST
ShockedShockedShocked. Be gentle with G, it's my first time. Blush
Report boxingthefox July 10, 2021 5:35 PM BST
With me*
Report Giuseppe July 10, 2021 5:37 PM BST
I think you may have gotten the wrong idea, I'm not into the kinky stuff like Mo is, I just want some money
Report moisok July 10, 2021 5:38 PM BST
SO DO I Plain
Report boxingthefox July 10, 2021 6:01 PM BST
I'm not paying for it!.Angry
Report jollyswagman July 30, 2021 4:00 PM BST
today the miscreant pleaded guilty to assault.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com