Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Giuseppe
12 Jun 21 23:25
| Topic/replies: 27,571 | Blogger: Giuseppe's blog
starts tomorrow at 8pm

wonder how Poots and Jnr feel about the name
Show More
Report edy November 12, 2021 2:12 PM GMT
I am sure that is a disproportionate, brash and unfair conclusion to make regarding his short and flippant note on it. When you once told me that you are of the opinion that you are better of because your teacher was allowed to hit you with a ruler, I am sure it would not be fair conclusion of me to make that you think it should generally still be ok for teachers to use corporal punishment on the children they are meant to teach and protect.

Have to be careful with just reversing things on people to the extreme.

What I also have to notice is your insistence on debate being silenced. Are you alleging that 1st time poster was trying to silence debate on the proportionality through his comment?

It is a bit of a curious, albeit not entirely surprising, allegation if indeed that was what you tried to allege. You know, a feeling I often get is that people throw around the terms "marxist", "virtue-signaller", "woke", "random online saviour" around in an attempt to make people shut up, or to dismiss someone's argument on a topic. It's a feeling I also get when you use any number of those terms. There was that recent discussion with PorcupineorPineapple on public transport. You repeatedly brashly accused him of being a virtue-signaller in a way that really made it look like you just wanted to, quite desperately, defame him as a hypocritical virtue-signaller that should just shut up already.
Report edy November 12, 2021 2:18 PM GMT
Of course I have also been at the receiving end of your potential tactic of trying to silence debate through you using those terms on me. Quite a few times even.
Report 1st time poster November 12, 2021 2:26 PM GMT
its what  brazier does 24/7 rinse and repeat ,takes a headline  story and argues against it,all he had to say was
its wrong to abuse animals full stop,not make assumptions that some need a good kicking because their a bit boisterous,he then gets a guest on to agree with him before doing a 360 and arguing against himself and the guest,
does it every night
Report Cider November 12, 2021 2:27 PM GMT
Now you've made a reasonable post, instead of trying to catch me out, we could have a reasonable discussion on this. I genuinely don't feel like typing all day though!

Loads of people want GBN silenced. Not because nobody watches it as they allege, but because they will engage in discussions like this one Brazier had. There's certainly no other broadcast channels that would risk the heat and faux outrage from social media by having a discussion like this. So yes, that's why some people are so disproportionally triggered by gb news, and people like 1st timer will outright lie and deliberately mischaracterise the content, to have it eventually shut down.

As above, I'm not indenting to be typing all day, so not going to delve deeply into your final paragraph, but in general I don't want anyone 'shut down' or to shut up.
Report edy November 12, 2021 2:29 PM GMT
I am not sure if 1st time poster's comments in this thread have the reach to advance the shut down of GB News.

1st time poster: Do you think your comments on here will hasten, or enable to begin with, the demise of GB News? Is that even your target?
Report Cider November 12, 2021 2:33 PM GMT
Obviously 1st timers posts on here won't have a direct impact on the longevity of GBN. However, it is the mindset, in my view. No doubt there would have been similar smearing attempts on twatter et al.
Report edy November 12, 2021 2:34 PM GMT
Can you please refrain from smearing it as "Twatter" when we are trying to have a reasonable discussion?
Report edy November 12, 2021 2:46 PM GMT
As above, I'm not indenting to be typing all day, so not going to delve deeply into your final paragraph, but in general I don't want anyone 'shut down' or to shut up.

This is good to hear. I'm not going to force you to do anything or change your language, but simply sharing the way it comes across to me. I do not feel like throwing specific terms around in a very inflationary way, often in a way that feels entirely unjustified and indeed done to shut people up, helps create fruitful debate. If everybody was to call you a vice-signalling cringe-right culture warrior bigot racist hypocrite The Sun reader every second post (I only do it every third post! Just pointing it out before you come in to call me a hypocrite) in a very inflationary way, does that encourage you to think this other person wants to have an open, fruitful debate with you?
Report Cider November 12, 2021 2:57 PM GMT
As I've repeatedly stated on here, name calling me has no impact on me at all. Colloquialisms are inevitable in debate as you need descriptive terms to describe attitude or ideology. Whatever term you attach to it, virtue signalling or a n other, publicly advocating an action and privately doing the opposite is what it can describe. It's an affliction that is particularly concentrated within the vocal climate alarmist crowd.
Report edy November 12, 2021 3:11 PM GMT
Regarding the disproportionality btw.: Of course those sending threats should be treated accordingly by police. Even if done so on the internet. It's not a lawless place where you can just treat other people whichever way you want. Have to make sure to find a balance though in the prosecution. Don't go overboard over some flippant comments.

It's a curse of social media. I'm not a great fan either of the way many people use the platforms. I feel like it has created mobs of vigilate groups that voice their unhinged opinions in strong terms, often very damaging terms. Also probably gives people illusions about themselves, and also others.

You have the unhinged folks that think there are marxists everywhere and the judeo-christian occident is being destroyed by leftists (defined in a very generous way).

You have the unhinged folks that think any action from any US Republican is done to bring a totalitarian white supremacist state.

You have the unhinged folks that think people like Mitt Romney are communists.

You have the unhinged folks that have been trained to suddenly see wokeness everywhere.

People who view Trump and Biden as either ultimate savior or literal satan.

It just pits people against each other if someone is an extremist that has lost every regard for reality through their social media consumption and they see world destroying marxist or white supremacist plots everywhere.
Report edy November 12, 2021 3:11 PM GMT
*has lost every regard for reality through their social media and alternative news consumption
Report Giuseppe November 12, 2021 3:35 PM GMT
Eamonn Holmes

another great signing

GB News is going from strength to strength and the woke mob are SEEEEEEEEETHING
Report Corky November 12, 2021 3:41 PM GMT
Scots Nats must be seething that the best two guests are Scots Unionists.
Report Giuseppe November 12, 2021 3:46 PM GMT
Lorraine Kelly in talks too I heard
Report politicspunter November 12, 2021 3:51 PM GMT

Nov 12, 2021 -- 9:41AM, Corky wrote:

Scots Nats must be seething that the best two guests are Scots Unionists.

Looking at current opinion polls, those are the only two Laugh

Report Corky November 12, 2021 3:52 PM GMT
Cry
Report Corky November 12, 2021 3:53 PM GMT
^
That was for Lorraine Kelly

Cry
Report Foinavon November 12, 2021 3:55 PM GMT
Loads of people want GBN silenced. Not because nobody watches it as they allege, but because they will engage in discussions like this one Brazier had. There's certainly no other broadcast channels that would risk the heat and faux outrage from social media by having a discussion like this.

I think this is correct, Cider. They cover a lot of controversial topics.
At the moment they are reporting on the migrant crossings from France which have topped 1000 a day now. They claim no other broadcast channel is covering this and ask why, when they are all covering the migrant situation on the Belarussian border.
Report politicspunter November 12, 2021 3:56 PM GMT

Nov 12, 2021 -- 9:55AM, Foinavon wrote:

Loads of people want GBN silenced. Not because nobody watches it as they allege, but because they will engage in discussions like this one Brazier had. There's certainly no other broadcast channels that would risk the heat and faux outrage from social media by having a discussion like this.I think this is correct, Cider. They cover a lot of controversial topics.At the moment they are reporting on the migrant crossings from France which have topped 1000 a day now. They claim no other broadcast channel is covering this and ask why, when they are all covering the migrant situation on the Belarussian border.

They are both on the bbc, every day.

Report Giuseppe November 12, 2021 3:58 PM GMT
Brazier and Andrew Doyle (even if he is a bit one dimensional) are the best pressnters or at least the most knowledgebale
Report Corky November 12, 2021 4:10 PM GMT
""Looking at current opinion polls, those are the only two""

Opinion polls only matter (possibly) if there is a vote. That's been done and dusted. Nats lost.
Report politicspunter November 12, 2021 4:12 PM GMT
Another vote in the future is inevitable.
Report A_T November 12, 2021 4:51 PM GMT
Brazier and Andrew Doyle (even if he is a bit one dimensional) are the best pressnters or at least the most knowledgebale

TBF the bar is not set high
Report Foinavon November 12, 2021 4:57 PM GMT
They are both on the bbc, every day.

That doesn't mean the claim was false when it was made. Perhaps they have been forced into it because of the GB News reporting.
I suspect there has been a lot of collusion within the MSM regarding what we are told and what is not reported.
Report politicspunter November 12, 2021 4:59 PM GMT
Sure, it is possible. The channel scenario will obviously directly appeal to GB News core viewers.
Report edy November 12, 2021 5:05 PM GMT
Surely the BBC will have covered the Belarus situation regardless of any other station. Everyone has (and no, not because of GB News I am pretty sure).
Report edy November 12, 2021 5:20 PM GMT
It's generally a tactic at least in Germany by some of the peculiar media and their disciples to claim that this and that is being hidden by the mainstream media when it isn't. It's a lie and mischaracterisation that is repeated time after time in their crusade to strengthen their "Falschismus". Their crusade against moderation in public opinion.

A parallel world where their lies are declared mere opinions by them even when verifiably wrong. A world where they are supposedly cancelled, silenced and oppressed if someone dares to point out their rubbish.
Report Cider November 12, 2021 5:28 PM GMT
How do you explain the suppression of the Islamist slaying of a sitting MP in the UK? Judging by the vast majority of msm coverage, you'd be forgiven for thinking the killer was an internet troll. Undesirable news isn't outright supressed, the narrative is twisted. All msm was debating social media abuse, when the murder had no correlation with social media abuse.
Report Foinavon November 12, 2021 5:33 PM GMT
Surely the BBC will have covered the Belarus situation regardless of any other station. Everyone has (and no, not because of GB News I am pretty sure).

The claim was the BBC and others covered Belarus but not the Channel.
Report Cider November 12, 2021 5:34 PM GMT
GBN is an irritant for those who only want the one narrative out there on a particular story. There are so many topics like that now, where there is only one 'acceptable' view in polite society. The west is becoming extreme totalitarian under our very noses. Salami slicing may be, but it is happening.
Report edy November 12, 2021 5:35 PM GMT
The news are more varied and opinionated than at any time before.
Report Cider November 12, 2021 5:36 PM GMT
Anti vaccine passport protests are anti vax protests. You get the drift.
Report edy November 12, 2021 5:38 PM GMT
How do you even know that if you say you never ever watch any of the mainstream coverage?
Report edy November 12, 2021 5:41 PM GMT
You could literally start your own news/opinion Cider News Network today and reach many millions of viewers if you broadcast from a hot tub.
Report Cider November 12, 2021 5:41 PM GMT
It crosses ones path even if not setting out to view it. For example on gogglebox.
Report edy November 12, 2021 5:42 PM GMT
So does hot tub Cider News Network on the twitch recommendations.
Report Cider November 12, 2021 5:43 PM GMT
whatever floats your boat, I don't judge
Report edy November 12, 2021 5:46 PM GMT
You simply do need some gimmick to catch the attention and bind viewers in the massively crowded, varied news atmosphere that we have. That can be flashy outfits, it can be a very ranty/polemic way to get your points across, you can say the darndest rubbish, or be a very respectable news channel, as far as content and journalistic standards are concerned, that simply broadcasts from a hot tub.
Report Foinavon November 12, 2021 5:49 PM GMT
I believe "The News" is treated as a singular noun, edy.
Report edy November 12, 2021 5:49 PM GMT
It extends beyond news channels too into other parts where you need to catch attention. Trump would have never become US President if he hadn't purposefully played the fool so very often, cunningly tricking the media to cover him extensively.
Report edy November 12, 2021 5:52 PM GMT
I will try to keep that in mind, Foinavon. Thanks!
Report Foinavon November 12, 2021 5:58 PM GMT
I know you strive for perfection, you are pretty much there!
Report edy November 12, 2021 6:04 PM GMT
Oh you! Blush
Report akabula November 12, 2021 11:12 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohDB5gbtaEQ

Is that you Edy?
Report Whisperingdeath November 13, 2021 8:23 AM GMT
Couple of Honey’s on the breakfast show today!

Has the Murdoch take over started?
Report Timber November 13, 2021 10:20 AM GMT
Matt Hancock is in talks to get paid £100,000 to write a 'How I Won The Covid War' book on his 'heroic' role in the UK vaccine campaign

This ****g toe-rag has zero shame
Report Timber November 13, 2021 11:15 AM GMT
Covid booster vaccines should be given to young, says leading scientist

HERE WE GO

All the collaborators are complicit in this, hang your heads in shame
Report Giuseppe November 13, 2021 1:44 PM GMT
'How I Won The Covid War'

lol this won't age well
Report 1st time poster November 14, 2021 4:05 PM GMT
hancocks job with UN lasted longer than his book career as publishers deny any involvement
Report Giuseppe November 15, 2021 10:37 PM GMT
another great show from Dan tonight
Report Giuseppe November 15, 2021 10:39 PM GMT
is that guy wearing tracky bottoms?
Report Giuseppe November 17, 2021 3:00 PM GMT
I see the Canary Islands are now sponsoring the weather on GB News

I know where I'll be going for my holidays next year
Report Giuseppe November 17, 2021 3:02 PM GMT
Darren McCaffrey is very good

as good as, if not better, than his equivalents on sky and the beeeb
Report Whisperingdeath November 17, 2021 3:06 PM GMT
Not as good as Phil " Fill me can " McCann!
Report Giuseppe November 17, 2021 3:08 PM GMT
GB News continues to go FROM STRENGTH TO STRENGTH
Report Whisperingdeath November 17, 2021 3:20 PM GMT
When do you think Murdoch will buy it?
Report Giuseppe November 17, 2021 3:23 PM GMT
he missed his chance probbaly couldnt it afford it now
Report Whisperingdeath November 17, 2021 3:53 PM GMT
https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/fox-news-anchor-measles-you-v931424a6

and I thought GB News was Clown TV

Wait till Murdoch takes over!
Report 1st time poster November 17, 2021 8:17 PM GMT
the rights/gbnews fanboy from 6 months ago andrew neil describes those still at gbnews a UKIP TRIBUTE ACT
Report .Marksman. November 20, 2021 7:20 PM GMT
Neil Oliver:  "Will remain silent!"

Me:  "Hell No!"

That monologue was so powerful, that I understand how Marc Antony was able to turn a potentially dangerous mob into fanatical allies with one speech (according to the Shakespeare play).
Report politicspunter November 20, 2021 7:26 PM GMT
Neil Oliver got brought in one weekend morning to discuss Covid vaccines. Now maybe they were short staffed or something but what exactly does an archaeologist know about that subject?
Report .Marksman. November 20, 2021 7:31 PM GMT
Politics Punter, did you actually watch it.  He is a historian and he was putting into in the context of Austria's history.
Report politicspunter November 20, 2021 7:34 PM GMT
I am not talking about recently. I meant when the channel had only been going for a few weeks or so.
Report Giuseppe November 20, 2021 7:41 PM GMT
neil oliver would appear to know more about vaccines than the muppets in SAGE
Report Giuseppe November 20, 2021 7:41 PM GMT
neil oliver isn't a historian mate

he is a ****G LEGEND
Report 1st time poster November 20, 2021 7:45 PM GMT
LaughLaugh,when i 1st saw olivers name without seeing him,i thought it was that oliver who was camerons communication,s man who was on tv alot during brexit,but that was craig oliver LaughLaugh
Report Giuseppe November 20, 2021 7:48 PM GMT
neil if you're reading this mate would you consider giving me a job on GB NEWS or lending me 20  quid
Report Giuseppe November 20, 2021 10:31 PM GMT
Neil Oliver MBE's speech is repeated at 12am I assume?
Report Giuseppe November 20, 2021 10:33 PM GMT
was so good I am going to watch it TWICE
Report Giuseppe November 22, 2021 1:35 AM GMT
another great show tonight from ANDREW DOYLE

andrew mate if you're reading this can you send me a PM
Report markzzz November 22, 2021 9:45 AM GMT
My favourite show used to be Farage, but I can't watch it any more. It just leads to arguments between me and the missus about the illegals flooding across the channel. Slight variations, but it generally goes like this:

Missus: Send them all back to where they came from.
Me: Can't do that. They destroy their documentation and their countries of origin deny responsibility.
Missus: Send them back to France then.
Me: Can't do that. The French won't take them.
Missus: Sink the boats then.
Me: Can't do that. It is illegal.

Then she throws a paddy about me disagreeing with everything she says.
Report politicspunter November 22, 2021 9:55 AM GMT
She throws a Giuseppe?
Report irishone November 22, 2021 10:30 AM GMT
Throws a paddy ?
Report Giuseppe November 22, 2021 3:55 PM GMT
^Giuseppe derangement syndrome
Report irishone November 22, 2021 4:12 PM GMT
Fascist idiot
Report Giuseppe November 22, 2021 4:14 PM GMT
"Then she throws a paddy"

is that racist? probbaly

let's see waht betfair decides
Report Giuseppe November 22, 2021 5:08 PM GMT
Alex Love
Report Giuseppe November 24, 2021 9:01 PM GMT
great show from BRAZIER Cool
Report Giuseppe November 24, 2021 9:02 PM GMT
Rod Cool will be on later
Report A_T November 24, 2021 9:06 PM GMT
will Emu be with him?
Report Corky November 25, 2021 3:12 PM GMT
GB news needs to raid talk radio for some presenters. IMO

Emily Carver Love
Tonya Buxton Love
Belinda De Lucy LoveLove
Report Giuseppe November 25, 2021 4:07 PM GMT
banning takeaways in fat areas Surprised
Report Giuseppe November 25, 2021 4:08 PM GMT
they have AlexLove corky mate

don't need anyone else
Report Giuseppe November 26, 2021 7:39 PM GMT
interesting show from mark steyn

anti-china riots in solomon islands

aussie police called in!
Report Giuseppe November 27, 2021 3:28 PM GMT
I think I'm in love with their latest newsreader

where do GB News find all these gorgeous women
Report Foinavon November 27, 2021 3:34 PM GMT
I've no idea Beppe, but who's complaining? Love
Report Giuseppe November 27, 2021 3:37 PM GMT
need to get Belle DonatiLove off sky
Report Foinavon November 27, 2021 3:40 PM GMT
Your favourite presenter, Alex is on at the moment.
Report Foinavon November 27, 2021 3:43 PM GMT
I'm not listening to the programme, just have it on for decorative purposes.
Report Giuseppe November 27, 2021 3:43 PM GMT
what a dame Love
Report tobermory November 27, 2021 8:50 PM GMT
GB News Youtube channel gaining 2k subscribers per day
Report politicspunter November 27, 2021 8:52 PM GMT
Wow, more viewers than their tv version.
Report Giuseppe November 28, 2021 12:09 AM GMT
another great show from Neil Oliver

talking about the hubris of the scientiss / health officials

that is exactly what it is
Report Giuseppe November 28, 2021 12:12 AM GMT
wow great opening monologue here
Report Giuseppe November 28, 2021 12:14 AM GMT
Emma Webb LoveLoveLove
Report Giuseppe November 28, 2021 12:16 AM GMT
my God she's gorgeous
Report Giuseppe November 28, 2021 12:17 AM GMT
having these guests in teh studio might be a thing of teh past

are they sittinga part because of new regulations?

maybe tehy originally wanted three pundits?

sky ahve never gone back to doing teh press preview in studio
Report Giuseppe November 28, 2021 12:18 AM GMT
having these guests in teh studio might be a thing of teh past soon
Report Giuseppe November 28, 2021 12:21 AM GMT
Emma Love talking a lot of sense here

tom is good too
Report Giuseppe November 28, 2021 12:32 AM GMT
Beverly Turner Love
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder