Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
politicspunter
10 Jun 21 22:22
| Topic/replies: 31,673 | Blogger: politicspunter's blog
I haven't been but...
Show More
Report politicspunter June 10, 2021 11:25 PM BST
Just to let everyone know that we got a phone call from Addenbrookes about an hour ago and they think they have a donor for my wife. We are both trying to hold ourselves together as we wait for the ambulance to collect her. At this time we are thinking of the family who have lost their loved one in order to give our loved one a chance.
Report sofiakenny June 10, 2021 11:27 PM BST
Best of luck pp.
Report Dotchinite June 10, 2021 11:27 PM BST
Hope everything goes well PP.
Report Capt__F June 10, 2021 11:36 PM BST
Good Luck
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 10, 2021 11:37 PM BST
Good luck pp
Report lux June 10, 2021 11:43 PM BST
All the best
Report scandanavian_haven June 10, 2021 11:50 PM BST
good luck, can't imagine what you're going through
Report wolf3011 June 10, 2021 11:56 PM BST
Hope it goes well, puts everything in perspective
Report politicspunter June 11, 2021 12:01 AM BST
Addenbrookes have now confirmed they have a match so looks like they are going ahead.
Report shiny new shoes please June 11, 2021 12:11 AM BST
tranquility Cool
Enya - Orinoco Flow .
Enjoy
Report tobermory June 11, 2021 12:32 AM BST
Politicspunter,

That is good news - though perhaps quite frightening at the same time - and I do hope everything goes well for both of you.
Report casemoney June 11, 2021 12:51 AM BST
G luck to you and the Mrs  , pp
Report mecca June 11, 2021 12:54 AM BST
All the best PP... & Mrs PP
Report thegiggilo June 11, 2021 1:10 AM BST
All the best fella..Cool
Report macarony June 11, 2021 1:20 AM BST
All the best pp
Report nineteen points June 11, 2021 8:39 AM BST
Good luck PP,genuinely.Make sure you give the right name.

Thinly veiled getting leccy cut off
Report Lee Ho Fooks June 11, 2021 9:21 AM BST
Best of luck PP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqhgXAGP4Ho
Report lapsy pa June 11, 2021 9:28 AM BST
Good luck PP,hope it goes well.

It would be great to see the many sick people who got things postponed getting their treatments asap.
Report HGS June 11, 2021 9:47 AM BST
Good luck. Hope all goes well.
Report moisok June 11, 2021 11:14 AM BST
Best wishes  -  looking for a great win for you two
Report xmoneyx June 11, 2021 1:51 PM BST
great news
Report boxingthefox June 11, 2021 2:01 PM BST
Best of luck to you both PP. Fingers crossed for you.

I'm blocked by pp could someone please 'qoute' this. thanks.
Report casemoney June 11, 2021 2:11 PM BST
Best of luck to you both PP. Fingers crossed for you.

I'm blocked by pp could someone please 'qoute' this. thanks.

Box sent his best wishes PP
Report feedthepony June 11, 2021 2:17 PM BST
No sure if I'm still on the blocked list (I seem to come off and on it every so often) - but all the best polly
Report boxingthefox June 11, 2021 2:17 PM BST
Cheers case, many thanks. Happy
Report i_agree_with_nick June 11, 2021 6:05 PM BST
Best wishes to you and your wife, PP.
Report elisjohn June 11, 2021 6:09 PM BST
yes fingers crossed and best wishes , thinking of you
Report annie. June 11, 2021 7:10 PM BST
I haven't known about your problems but I wish you and your wife good luck and best wishes.
Report politicspunter June 11, 2021 8:33 PM BST
Thanks folks. There was an issue that has slowed the operation down by roughly two hours but they have overcome it. I won't know anything until roughly breakfast time tomorrow.
Report saddo June 11, 2021 9:32 PM BST
Best wishes to you both.
Report johnnythebull June 11, 2021 10:33 PM BST
Желаю вам всего доброго
Report Facts June 11, 2021 10:47 PM BST
Thinking of you pp.
Report Deplasterer June 11, 2021 11:28 PM BST
PPLove
Report politicspunter June 12, 2021 2:48 AM BST
Good news. Everything in the rest of the operation went fine. Twelve hours, her new bits are working but they need to keep her conked out until her blood pressure etc are stable. No matter what we sometimes say about the NHS, the dedication, skill and professionalism of the transplant team here at Addenbrookes in Cambridge is simply awe inspiring. Now, I will have to hide her sparkly boob tube and stilettos before my upcycled teenager heads to the disco when she gets home Grin
Report elisjohn June 12, 2021 6:35 AM BST
Wink, thinking of you
Report cryoftruth June 12, 2021 11:31 AM BST
Just fantastic news pp.
Report boxingthefox June 12, 2021 12:01 PM BST
Great news pp Love, I'm blocked someone please qoute this, thanks
Report cryoftruth June 12, 2021 12:03 PM BST
Yes boxing the fox is genuinely celebrating your news pp.
Report boxingthefox June 12, 2021 12:05 PM BST
Thank you cryoftruth, you sir are a gentleman. I will desist from pulling your leg. Many thanks. Love
Report HGS June 12, 2021 12:10 PM BST
Excellent news pp that all went well. Wishing you both a speedy recovery. Yes our NHS is great. Love
Report moisok June 12, 2021 6:36 PM BST
I may be one of the many blocked cryof - please pass on my congratulations  thank you
Report macarony June 12, 2021 6:57 PM BST
Once again all the best pp
Report lfc1971 June 12, 2021 7:04 PM BST
What not banned !
very good news , all the best to Mrs pp
Report breadnbutter June 12, 2021 7:09 PM BST
Take it your wife has just had a  liver transplant, big op but no doubt she is in safe hands, hopefully she can make a full recovery and have some quality of life from it.

Will be a long road  but this time next year she will be getting  the benifit, wish her all the best, please don't be woffling your lefty claptrap in her ear anytime soon m8. Grin
Report boxingthefox June 12, 2021 8:11 PM BST
It's at times like this you are reminded how great this forum is, populated with people who moan and groan and call each other names but always, always, do the decent thing when it's required. Love
Report nineteen points June 12, 2021 8:49 PM BST
Lets hope every single person who was involved was double jabbed or your principles are out the window.Good luck Mrs Meadows.
Report elisjohn June 12, 2021 9:46 PM BST
well said boxingWink
Report moisok June 12, 2021 10:26 PM BST
foxy you are a choc ice  but wasn't it good stuff to hear about  pp   I mean - that is serious stuff !!!    and then erikson survived too - a double whammy this week  I am so pleased to see.  we need to cherish the people around us
Report layingisthewayforward June 12, 2021 10:31 PM BST
I hope your missus is ok.
Report akabula June 12, 2021 11:41 PM BST
Blocked but want to wish Mrs PP all the best.
Report boxingthefox June 12, 2021 11:48 PM BST
Hey aka, this disallowing prevents the good stuff from being seen. Very sad imo
Report akabula June 13, 2021 12:31 AM BST
It sure does. I have no one blocked. I did at one time but saw the error of my ways. Happy
Report LoyalHoncho June 13, 2021 12:59 AM BST
So you do have a shred of decency aka.  I am heartened.
Report LoyalHoncho June 13, 2021 1:02 AM BST
Hope all is well with the recovery pp.
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 13, 2021 1:41 PM BST
All the best PP
Report politicspunter June 13, 2021 2:42 PM BST
Thats me just back from seeing her for the first time since she left home. They are gradually reducing the sedation and she is beginning to come to. Apart from wires and tubes everywhere, her colour is good and the team looking after her are pleased with everything so far.
Report boxingthefox June 13, 2021 2:59 PM BST
Happy
Report macarony June 13, 2021 5:33 PM BST
So how are you getting on pp you must be knackered happy but emotionally shattered
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 13, 2021 5:41 PM BST
Good news pp.
Report elisjohn June 13, 2021 5:45 PM BST
Wink
Report LoyalHoncho June 13, 2021 6:35 PM BST
Happy
Report politicspunter June 13, 2021 6:47 PM BST

Jun 13, 2021 -- 11:33AM, macarony wrote:

So how are you getting on pp you must be knackered happy but emotionally shattered

It's been a strange few days. Her only chance was a transplant otherwise a heartbreaking decline was inevitable. After she was assessed in March last year at Addenbrookes, we were delighted when they said that despite her age and a relatively rare blood group, they would put her on the list. She had been told six months previously to stop smoking that day before they would even considering seeing her. I think that the fact she did stop (after forty five years) helped convince Addenbrookes she was worth a second look.  It wasn't the smoking that caused the problem btw. Anyway, thanks to Covid, we had stopped jumping up and running for the home phone every time it rang. When it did ring at ten pm on Thursday I said "who could that be ringing at this time (!)" and only when I saw her face after she had answered it, did it dawn on me who it was. She has been given a chance by the miracle of modern medicine, the only place in Europe that does the operation she required is Addenbrookes and they normally do one a month.

Report macarony June 13, 2021 6:56 PM BST
You know the full forum are behind you and Mrs pp so all the best for the future
Report boxingthefox June 13, 2021 6:58 PM BST
Well said mac, we are indeed. Love
Report lapsy pa June 13, 2021 7:02 PM BST
Glad it seems to be going well and that continues. Agree,we disagree on politics but not on more important things.
Report elisjohn June 13, 2021 7:19 PM BST
pp, that phone call might have been me asking you for your chess adviceWink, seriously though thanks for your input last spring/ summer even though you had your own problems, cheers and really hope everything turns out great
Report LoyalHoncho June 14, 2021 12:22 AM BST
Astonishing and heartwarming all at the same time pp.  You must feel that you've done better than win the lottery.  Onwards and upwards mate.  Love
Report politicspunter July 21, 2021 9:40 AM BST
Thanks for all the lovely messages of support. My wife is doing fine now. It didn't look so good for a couple of weeks after the operation as they couldn't wake her up in the normal way. She is coming on leaps and bounds now and we are hopeful she may be home in around a month. We have a difficult issue that we knew we would face and that is do we wish to know who the donor was ? We feel we do and of course the team here are ok to tell us if we wish. The thing is, what do you say in writing to a family who have lost their loved one in order to give ours a chance? We are worried that they may be gradually getting over their grief and a letter from us might not be appropriate, at least for now. What do folks think?
Report nineteen points July 21, 2021 10:35 AM BST
Great to hear she is doing well.I hope everyone in the hospital who had a hand in her recovery was double jabbed.
Report clouded leopard July 21, 2021 10:42 AM BST
Bound to have been at least one conspiracy theorist nutjob nurse amongst them holding the country to ransom tho 19
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 21, 2021 10:52 AM BST
If you get to know the donor
the hospital will know the family
and will be able to guide you
as to what sort of letter/correspondence may
be appropriate.

You may even wish to write
anonymously, and to a person
who may remain unknown to you.

It's a toughy, as once you know
you can't unknow it.

If my partner had been donor
I'd be happy to know op had gone
well, and I think for me, that
would suffice.

Others may vary.
Report A_T July 21, 2021 10:54 AM BST
Just don't let them know where you live or you might start receiving begging letters
Report boxingthefox July 21, 2021 10:55 AM BST
I indeed sent my best wishes, which of course you could not see as you childishly have me on your blocked list, hey ho.

I did wonder though what the politics of the donor team might have been, would you have refused help from right wing doctors and nurses and ancillary staff. ????????????????
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 21, 2021 10:56 AM BST
If you get to know the donor

Should read

If you get to know who the donor was
Report boxingthefox July 21, 2021 11:02 AM BST
Donny, CrazyCrazyCrazyCrazy
Report Lee Ho Fooks July 21, 2021 11:02 AM BST
I dare say that in addition to forumites' thoughts on the matter google is a tool that may be used? (obviously one doesn't have to use anything found in a search)
Report posy July 21, 2021 11:53 AM BST
My thought is that the donor's family would be really chuffed to receive a letter from you and your wife. For them it means they can put a name and an age etc on the beneficiary of their misfortune.I don't think it would reopen the misery following the death of their loved one ,quite the reverse it would give them something to celebrate that they could be proud of in the future.
As to what to write the important thing is to thank them from your heart;do not copy any suggestions from the internet;find the words from within yourself.
Report dave1357 July 21, 2021 6:44 PM BST
Good news PP as others have indicated there will be protocols in place and the hospital should be able to advise you.
Report tobermory July 21, 2021 7:20 PM BST
I would expect if the doctors had permission to tell you the donor information they would have got that from the family.
Report politicspunter July 22, 2021 1:26 PM BST
Thanks everyone. We have just been told that she is allowed out on parole for this weekend to stay at my place in the hospital grounds Grin
Report nineteen points July 22, 2021 2:44 PM BST
Walofs
Report politicspunter July 24, 2021 10:10 AM BST
My upcycled teenager looks as though she might be getting discharged this week.  Today she is allowed out to play, has to stay overnight in the ward, then allowed back out tomorrow again. On Monday, they will make a decision if she can move out of the ward to stay in the hospital grounds, before they are happy with her to return home Grin
Report politicspunter July 26, 2021 9:35 AM BST
Looks like Wednesday for being discharged, which will be close on seven weeks which is really quick for her operation. Here is a link to one from the same surgical team...

https://www.cuh.nhs.uk/news/why-marathon-transplant-milestone-moment/

You can save someones life.
Report politicspunter July 30, 2021 9:24 AM BST
My wife is going home today. Thanks again for all the good wishes both on this thread and via personal messages.
Report Mexico July 30, 2021 10:33 AM BST
That is good news PP.

Hope recovery continues at pace at home.
Report politicspunter July 30, 2021 10:34 AM BST
Thanks Mexico, she is doing great, surgical team are delighted with her.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com