Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
elisjohn
30 May 21 21:02
| Topic/replies: 37,127 | Blogger: elisjohn's blog
how the hell can she be black ,

Early years
Anne was the daughter of Thomas Boleyn, later Earl of Wiltshire and Earl of Ormond, and his wife, Lady Elizabeth Howard, daughter of Thomas Howard, 2nd Duke of Norfolk. Thomas Boleyn was a well-respected diplomat with a gift for languages; he was also a favourite of Henry VII of England, who sent him on many diplomatic missions abroad. Anne and her siblings grew up at Hever Castle in Kent. They were born in Norfolk at the Boleyn home at Blickling. A lack of parish records has made it impossible to establish Anne's date of birth. Contemporary evidence is contradictory, with several dates having been put forward by various historians. An Italian, writing in 1600, suggested that she had been born in 1499, while Sir Thomas More's son-in-law William Roper gave a date of 1512. Her birth is widely accepted by scholars and historians as most likely between 1501 and 1507.

As with Anne, it is uncertain when her two siblings were born, but it seems clear that her sister Mary was older than Anne. Mary's children clearly believed their mother was the elder sister.[10] Mary's grandson claimed the Ormonde title in 1596 on the basis that she was the elder daughter, which Elizabeth I accepted.[11][12] Their brother George was born around 1504.[13][14]

Anne's sister Mary Boleyn
The academic debate about Anne's birth date focuses on two key dates: 1501 and 1507. Eric Ives, a British historian and legal expert, advocates 1501, while Retha Warnicke, an American scholar who has also written a biography of Anne, prefers 1507. The key piece of surviving written evidence is a letter Anne wrote sometime in 1514.[15] She wrote it in French to her father, who was still living in England while Anne was completing her education at Mechelen, in the Burgundian Netherlands, now Belgium. Ives argues that the style of the letter and its mature handwriting prove that Anne must have been about 13 at the time of its composition, while Warnicke argues that the numerous misspellings and grammar errors show that the letter was written by a child. In Ives's view, this would also be around the minimum age that a girl could be a maid of honour, as Anne was to the regent,[citation needed] Margaret of Austria. This is supported by claims of a chronicler from the late 16th century, who wrote that Anne was 20 when she returned from France.[16] These findings are contested by Warnicke in several books and articles, and the evidence does not conclusively support either date.[17]

Two independent contemporary sources support the 1507 date. Author Gareth Russell wrote a summary of the evidence and relates that Jane Dormer, Duchess of Feria, wrote her memoirs shortly before her death in 1612. The former lady-in-waiting and confidante to Queen Mary I wrote of Anne Boleyn: "She was convicted and condemned and was not yet twenty-nine years of age." William Camden wrote a history of the reign of Elizabeth I and was granted access to the private papers of Lord Burghley and to the state archives. In that history, in the chapter dealing with Elizabeth's early life, he records in the margin that Anne was born in MDVII (1507).[18]Two independent contemporary sources support the 1507 date. Author Gareth Russell wrote a summary of the evidence and relates that Jane Dormer, Duchess of Feria, wrote her memoirs shortly before her death in 1612. The former lady-in-waiting and confidante to Queen Mary I wrote of Anne Boleyn: "She was convicted and condemned and was not yet twenty-nine years of age." William Camden wrote a history of the reign of Elizabeth I and was granted access to the private papers of Lord Burghley and to the state archives. In that history, in the chapter dealing with Elizabeth's early life, he records in the margin that Anne was born in MDVII (1507).[18]

Anne's great-great-great-grandparents included a Lord Mayor of London, a duke, an earl, two aristocratic ladies and a knight. One of them, Geoffrey Boleyn, had been a mercer and wool merchant before becoming Lord Mayor.[19][20] The Boleyn family originally came from Blickling in Norfolk, 15 miles (24 km) north of Norwich.[19]

At the time of Anne's birth, the Boleyn family was one of the most respected in the English aristocracy. Among her relatives, she numbered the Howards, one of the preeminent families in the land; and one of her ancestors included King Edward I of England. According to Eric Ives, she was certainly of more noble birth than were Jane Seymour, Catherine Howard and Catherine Parr, Henry VIII's three other English wives.[21] The spelling of the Boleyn name was variable, as common at the time. Sometimes it was written as Bullen, hence the bull heads which formed part of her family arms.[22] At the court of Margaret of Austria in the Netherlands, Anne is listed as Boullan.[12] From there she signed the letter to her father as Anna de Boullan.[23] She was also called "Anna Bolina"; this Latinised form is used in most portraits of her.[23]

Anne's early education was typical for women of her class. In 1513, she was invited to join the schoolroom of Margaret of Austria and her four wards. Her academic education was limited to arithmetic, her family genealogy, grammar, history, reading, spelling and writing. She also developed domestic skills such as dancing, embroidery, good manners, household management, music, needlework and singing. Anne learned to play games, such as cards, chess and dice. She was also taught archery, falconry, horseback riding and hunting.[24]

The Netherlands and France

Claude of France, wife of Francis I. Anne served as her maid of honour for nearly seven years.
Anne's father continued his diplomatic career under Henry VIII. In Europe, his charm won many admirers, including Margaret of Austria, daughter of Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor. During this period, Margaret ruled the Netherlands on her nephew Charles's behalf and was so impressed with Boleyn that she offered his daughter Anne a place in her household. Ordinarily, a girl had to be 12 years old to have such an honour, but Anne may have been younger, as Margaret affectionately called her "la petite Boulin [sic]".[25] Anne made a good impression in the Netherlands with her manners and studiousness; Margaret reported that she was well spoken and pleasant for her young age,[26] and told Thomas that his daughter was "so presentable and so pleasant, considering her youthful age, that I am more beholden to you for sending her to me, than you to me" (E.W. Ives, op.cit.). Anne stayed at the Court of Savoy in Mechelen from spring 1513 until her father arranged for her to attend Henry VIII's sister Mary, who was about to marry Louis XII of France in October 1514.
Pause Switch to Standard View ANN BOLEYN, C5 TUESDAY
Show More
Report macarony June 2, 2021 8:27 AM BST
Border TV are to make a drama about Mary Queen of Scots time spent imprisoned at Carlisle castle apparently the actress playing her is a transgendered gypsy call Andy
Report Timber June 2, 2021 11:15 AM BST

Jun 1, 2021 -- 6:00AM, A_T wrote:

something like this is symptomatic with the woke progressives who try to force something which never existed

Report Timber June 2, 2021 11:16 AM BST
What happens when they make a 'drama' of Oprah Winfrey played by Jason Statham?
Report Timber June 2, 2021 11:20 AM BST
The rabid, vapid left go beserk when a white person has braided hair.

Even though the Vikings had braided hair 1500 years ago... and they were white

All these lefties need putting in re-education camps
Report boxingthefox June 2, 2021 11:27 AM BST

Jun 2, 2021 -- 5:16AM, Timber wrote:

LaughLaughLaugh

Report boxingthefox June 2, 2021 11:30 AM BST

Jun 2, 2021 -- 5:16AM, Timber wrote:

Interviewing a black Harry and white Megan. Laugh

Report Timber June 2, 2021 11:37 AM BST
Grin
Report Whisperingdeath June 2, 2021 12:07 PM BST
I have to agree with some of you. Damn lefties. Can you imagine if Timber and Macarony were cast in Dumb and Dumber the RSPCA would be invited to intervene!
Report flat16 June 2, 2021 12:24 PM BST
Jesus may or may not have been white ,some Hebrew slaves certainly appear to be and yes in the real world slavery existed before white Europeans shamefully exploited it.
What is not in doubt is that the bible was a badly written book and Anne Boleyn and a bucket full of lefty media woke will not change it
Report boxingthefox June 2, 2021 12:26 PM BST
Lighten up lads, ffs.
Report Timber June 2, 2021 12:29 PM BST
Jesus wasn't white, but you will never ever get away from the fact that the colour white is inextricably linked with cleanliness, simplicity, purity & innocence
It stands in stark opposition to black
As white light contains all the colors of the spectrum, it's an inclusive, impartial color, favoring no single hue and refusing to take sides
Report Whisperingdeath June 2, 2021 12:29 PM BST
Laugh

Jesus was a working class Yorkshireman, everybody knows that!
Report Timber June 2, 2021 12:30 PM BST
A Yorkshireman would never have given away all those fish and wine
Report macarony June 2, 2021 12:31 PM BST
Lily Allen to play Jim my Saville in the new drama about his life at the BBC called, One Of Us To The End
Report Timber June 2, 2021 12:32 PM BST

Jun 2, 2021 -- 6:31AM, macarony wrote:

Lily Allen to play Jim my Saville in the new drama about his life at the BBC called, One Of Us To The End

She's probably had more cigars in her gob

Report flat16 June 2, 2021 12:35 PM BST
The nationalist wicked white protestant king ,who took the country away from European control also persecuted beautiful persons of colour.........that's a lot of boxes ticked
Report boxingthefox June 2, 2021 12:35 PM BST
Jesus Was a Capricorn (Owed to John Prine)
Kris Kristofferson.

Jesus was a Capricorn
He ate organic food
He believed in love and peace
And never wore no shoes
Long hair, beard and sandals
And a funky bunch of friends
Reckon may just nail Him up
If He come down again

'Cause everybody's gotta have somebody to look down on
Prove they can be better than at any time they please
Someone doin' somethin' dirty, decent folks can frown on
You can't find nobody else, then help yourself to me
Get back, John

Eggheads cursin', rednecks cussin'
Hippies for their hair
Others laugh at straights who laugh at
Freaks who laugh at square
Some folks hate the Whites
Who hate the Blacks who hate the Klan
Most of us hate anything that
We don't understand

'Cause everybody's gotta have somebody to look down on
Prove they can be better than at any time they please
Someone doin' somethin' dirty, decent folks can frown on
But you can't find nobody else, then help yourself to me
Report Timber June 2, 2021 12:47 PM BST

Jun 2, 2021 -- 6:35AM, flat16 wrote:

The nationalist wicked white protestant king ,who took the country away from European control also persecuted beautiful persons of colour.........that's a lot of boxes ticked

Henry 8th was a great man. Purged the country of all the monastries and monks
There are a lot of falsehoods regarding his life which is sad. A much maligned and misinterpreted King

The Wolf Hall trilogy are exceptional reading

Report Whisperingdeath June 2, 2021 12:50 PM BST
So great he built a religion around his genetic inadequacies and even greater that all the fools believed in it until today!
Report Timber June 2, 2021 12:50 PM BST

Jun 2, 2021 -- 6:50AM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

So great he built a religion around his genetic inadequacies and even greater that all the fools believed in it until today!

Your history isn't great is it Laugh

Report Whisperingdeath June 2, 2021 12:51 PM BST
Wolf Hall... a great work of fiction agreed!
Report Timber June 2, 2021 12:53 PM BST
The mirror and the light is 100% historically accurate. Have you even read it?
Report Whisperingdeath June 2, 2021 12:53 PM BST
Your history isn't great is it

Next you are gonna say our Queen ain't German and is not the descendent of a first cousin marriage like in some parts of Pakistan and she didn't marry her own cousin!
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2021 12:54 PM BST
Henry VIII was responsible for educating the free world, without even knowing it.  Without his existence we might still be lectured at in latin and told that learning was heresy.  A silver spoon kid who wanted a s hag.
Report Whisperingdeath June 2, 2021 12:54 PM BST
The mirror and the light is 100% historically accurate. Have you even read it?

Have you?
Report Timber June 2, 2021 12:54 PM BST
You will find even with a bit of research that it was Catherine who has multiple miscarriages and Henry loved her very much
If she would have managed one son, the rest of history would be completely different
Report Timber June 2, 2021 12:54 PM BST

Jun 2, 2021 -- 6:53AM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

Your history isn't great is itNext you are gonna say our Queen ain't German and is not the descendent of a first cousin marriage like in some parts of Pakistan and she didn't marry her own cousin!

She isn't German you thick pig

Report flat16 June 2, 2021 12:55 PM BST
That is not my attempt to summarise the life of Henry v111 ,more to represent C5 child like symbolism. which will be believed by many.
Report Timber June 2, 2021 12:58 PM BST
After Queen Bess, the Stuarts tried to take over. We had to move to Hanover to rid ourselves of the Scottish usurpers and traitors
George 1st visited the UK once and hated it
This lead to parliament taking over and a consent to rule by the people, for the people took hold
Britain then became the world powerhouse and had some of the best PMs we have ever seen
Report Timber June 2, 2021 1:00 PM BST
Wapole, Pitt, Perceval, Wellesley and Peel. All came about because we moved our monarchy to Hanover
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2021 1:01 PM BST
Descended from a extended line of Hanoverian Germans on her father's side and a long line of Saxe Coburgers on her mother's, she certainly wasn't Anglos Saxon English.
Report Timber June 2, 2021 1:03 PM BST

Jun 2, 2021 -- 7:01AM, LoyalHoncho wrote:

Descended from a extended line of Hanoverian Germans on her father's side and a long line of Saxe Coburgers on her mother's, she certainly wasn't Anglos Saxon English.

William Orange and King Harold were both Vikings
What actually constitutes English

Probably have to go back to Alfred the Great who saved us from the Danes in Wessex

Report Timber June 2, 2021 1:04 PM BST
The Queen being German is completely asinine and intellectually bankrupt
Report Whisperingdeath June 2, 2021 1:04 PM BST
She isn't German you thick pig

Language Timothy!

and her husband wasn't either right and his sisters didn't marry high ranking Nazi's. and the Queen's uncle wasn't a nazi collaborator either!
Report Whisperingdeath June 2, 2021 1:05 PM BST
What actually constitutes English
Report Whisperingdeath June 2, 2021 1:05 PM BST
Not collaborating with ze Germans!
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2021 1:06 PM BST
And Charles Edward Stuart wasn;t Scottish and a great many English Stuart supporters fought for him too.  And neither was his father, who was the son of an English King.  So stick that in your brexit-bigotted pipe and smoke it.
I can see you on "The Chase" Timber.  None of them on there know anything about their own history either.
Report flat16 June 2, 2021 1:06 PM BST
The bunch who had "bring a pig parties" on Salisbury plain ,seem really cool.
Report Whisperingdeath June 2, 2021 1:06 PM BST
Queen Victoria didn't speak German and didn't marry her German first cousin?
Report Whisperingdeath June 2, 2021 1:07 PM BST
Come on history man, put me straight!
Report Whisperingdeath June 2, 2021 1:08 PM BST
I can see you on "The Chase" Timber.  None of them on there know anything about their own history either.
Report Timber June 2, 2021 1:09 PM BST

Jun 2, 2021 -- 7:06AM, LoyalHoncho wrote:

And Charles Edward Stuart wasn;t Scottish and a great many English Stuart supporters fought for him too.

Report Timber June 2, 2021 1:10 PM BST

Jun 2, 2021 -- 7:06AM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

Queen Victoria didn't speak German and didn't marry her German first cousin?

DIM AS ****

Report Timber June 2, 2021 1:11 PM BST
The Stuart situation was very complicated, I was trying to be concise for the dimwit lefty peasants on here
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2021 1:12 PM BST
Samuel Johnson wrote about you Timber.  But then you would know nothing about him, he is from English history.  He told us all that "patriotism was the last refuge of a scoundrel".  You fit that bill perfectly.
Report Timber June 2, 2021 1:13 PM BST
I know everything about English history, read over 50 books on it
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2021 1:13 PM BST
No you weren't, you were being abusive to Scots.  If not apologise and I'll believe you.  Love
Report Timber June 2, 2021 1:14 PM BST
What I don't know about English history you could write on your brain cell
Report Timber June 2, 2021 1:15 PM BST
The Scots were terrible, always allowing enemies in from the North
Longshanks knew how to deal with such vermin
Report Timber June 2, 2021 1:15 PM BST
COLLABORATORS
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2021 1:17 PM BST
Confirmed.  Not too bright.  End of con.
Report Timber June 2, 2021 1:17 PM BST
Laugh
Report Timber June 2, 2021 1:17 PM BST
Truth hurts
Report Whisperingdeath June 2, 2021 1:28 PM BST
I know everything about English history, read over 50 books on it
Report Timber June 2, 2021 1:32 PM BST
Well it's 50 more than you Laugh
Report Whisperingdeath June 2, 2021 1:38 PM BST
I bet you annoy the neighbours with your punk rock electric guitar!
Report Timber June 2, 2021 1:42 PM BST
Confused
Report LoyalHoncho June 2, 2021 1:43 PM BST
Not bright enough to be into punk rock.  Reads as if he is a Daniel O'Donnell groupie.
"What;s got fifty heads and no teeth?  the front row at a D O'D concert"!
Report casemoney June 2, 2021 1:45 PM BST
I missed this ,did Henry smash her back doors in ?
Report Timber June 2, 2021 1:48 PM BST

Jun 2, 2021 -- 7:43AM, LoyalHoncho wrote:

Not bright enough to be into punk rock.

Report Timber June 2, 2021 1:49 PM BST
All the weak gimps love a double space
Report Timber June 2, 2021 1:50 PM BST
double space, safe space losers
Report Whisperingdeath June 2, 2021 1:52 PM BST
I missed this ,did Henry smash her back doors in ?

Laugh

You'd better ask Timber. He is an aficionadoWink
Report Timber June 2, 2021 1:56 PM BST
If you don't smash the back doors, then you aren't a real man
Report casemoney June 2, 2021 2:01 PM BST
Laugh
Report moisok June 2, 2021 6:36 PM BST
now the 'actress' is bleating about how the royal family didn't look after rachel the poor victim married to hazza -  these people don't give up do they  -
Report moisok June 2, 2021 6:38 PM BST
beware of splinters!!!
Report Whisperingdeath June 2, 2021 7:49 PM BST
is the actress your sister moisy?
Report moisok June 2, 2021 8:26 PM BST
another nasty racist like whispering using my mixed race family with his veiled comment  - I cannot stand racists like you
and wonder why you are allowed on here
Report Giuseppe June 2, 2021 8:28 PM BST
England against Osterreich a good pick for 0-0 surely mo
Report boxingthefox June 2, 2021 8:37 PM BST
England looking brutal so far.
Report Giuseppe June 2, 2021 8:38 PM BST
the Germans are clearly playing for a draw
Report saddo June 2, 2021 9:07 PM BST
Have any of the lead players wondered aloud what colour Elizabeth would be?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 2, 2021 10:03 PM BST
It's OK she wears white make up.
Report LoyalHoncho June 3, 2021 8:33 AM BST
How's you whitebird doing saddo?
Report saddo June 3, 2021 9:02 AM BST
I think he may have left for pastures new. I've been working away a lot but my brother has seen him daily until yesterday. I went down last night but no show. I'm pleased he's alive.
Report LoyalHoncho June 3, 2021 9:27 AM BST
You saved him mate - well done.
Report A_T June 3, 2021 9:35 AM BST
Have any of the lead players wondered aloud what colour Elizabeth would be?

her teeth were black
Report saddo June 3, 2021 9:45 AM BST
As a newborn? I doubt it.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 3, 2021 11:00 AM BST
She was bald too.

High testosterone? Might have struggled
to make Olympic 800m squad?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 3, 2021 11:09 AM BST
there was a theory that the real reason Elizabeth would not marry was because she was really a man. According to the ‘Bisley Boy’ story, the real Elizabeth had died as a young girl and been replaced by the only redheaded child that could be found. The fact that he was a boy was inconvenient, but he spent the rest of his life dressing as a woman to continue the pretence.
Report boxingthefox June 3, 2021 11:24 AM BST
Not everything is based on your life donny. Tell mummy and daddy you are now gender-neutral and end this madness
Report mafeking June 3, 2021 1:43 PM BST
robert dudley would have been in for a bit of a shock then when he tried it on Crazy
Report Whisperingdeath June 3, 2021 1:45 PM BST
Laugh
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 3, 2021 2:08 PM BST
Maybe dudley was well aware, and
was happy!
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 3, 2021 2:09 PM BST
Mary Queen of Scots bumped off
as she knew too much!
Report Whisperingdeath June 3, 2021 2:10 PM BST
didn't she off her own husband?
Report scandanavian_haven June 3, 2021 7:19 PM BST
greatest thing about this show is that it triggered all the racist, go and cry to your mummy's.
Report boxingthefox June 3, 2021 7:22 PM BST
I don't watch period/historical dramas. I looked in for about 5 minutes to see what all the fuss was about. She's a very good actress. imho Happy
Report Whisperingdeath June 3, 2021 7:32 PM BST
Have you seen the Queen and Slim Foxy?

Good film. She plays a QueenLaugh though the more intellectually challenged here might not understand
Report boxingthefox June 3, 2021 7:33 PM BST
Thanks for that WD, I'll check it out. Wink
Report boxingthefox June 3, 2021 7:42 PM BST
Very good reviews, I'll watch it on prime. Happy
Report saddo June 3, 2021 7:43 PM BST
Awful review in the Telegraph foxy.
Report boxingthefox June 3, 2021 7:48 PM BST
I read the Amazon reviews, 2,351. I don't trust Individual reviews, and won't read newspapers, rightly or wrongly?.
Report Whisperingdeath June 3, 2021 7:53 PM BST
Rightly

Some of these reviewers don't even watch the shows or films they review!

Only a fool would trust a first glance review. the same Telegraph has a more positive review, go figure if someone had a bad hair day!
Report moisok June 3, 2021 9:11 PM BST
they took off the last episode of  Our Yorkshire Farm  to make room for this cultural appropriation.  How racist was that??
Report jumper3 June 6, 2021 9:02 AM BST
Alas I missed the show but the Daily Mail comments section would be what you'd expect to see. These stood out.

‘Imagine the riots when she gets beheaded’

‘Wait for the next series when the soldiers take the knee’

‘If Anne had been white they wouldn’t have executed her!!’

‘This was so far from reality, I’m surprised she didn’t get the electric chair’.
Report Whisperingdeath June 6, 2021 10:15 AM BST
Laugh

Daily Mail Readers!
Report mecca June 6, 2021 1:32 PM BST
This fred is a great read... I have learnt so much about our history.

I had no inclination that Elizabeth had a member.. I wonder if Nicky Tesco knows
Report tobermory June 6, 2021 5:26 PM BST
Those Mail comments are quality IMO
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com