Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Mexico
30 May 21 18:59
| Topic/replies: 8,781 | Blogger: Mexico's blog
The story of a guy well on his way to becoming an architect makes it to front page of national BBC news site.

Good luck to Mr Kahn, 13 years ago he couldn’t speak English. He is clearly a bright student but is this really national news?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-57284728

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 157
By:
Giuseppe
When: 30 May 21 19:31
is he a refugee?
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 30 May 21 19:57
There are 30 linked stories in
various sections, above the real
life section.

Maybe bbc cookies on your computer
worked out you would be interested
in the story.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 30 May 21 20:00
doesn't appear at all for me
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 30 May 21 20:00
Top 3 stories on mine

Israel government
Weather
Wales euro squad announcement
By:
Cider
When: 30 May 21 20:51
It's almost like having a stable environment at home is more important than skin tone.
By:
Mexico
When: 30 May 21 20:59
Laugh

I went to “private viewing “ on bbc . The order is the same. This story is 7th on the news front page.

I wish the guy good luck in his career. Just don’t think this is “news” .

Top 3 on my page are Israel, PM married (again), & Osaka,
By:
moisok
When: 30 May 21 21:01
ramming it down yah throat  -  more to come
By:
moisok
When: 30 May 21 21:01
most of the adverts are now woke too
By:
cryoftruth
When: 30 May 21 21:31
Woke is a word used by racist bigots to refer to people who do not share their racist hatred.

Now let’s think who was responsible for the opening post.

Oh dear.mit seems to be the person who was banned for years for racist posts.

Some things do not change.
By:
cryoftruth
When: 30 May 21 21:31
Woke is a word used by racist bigots to refer to people who do not share their racist hatred.

Now let’s think who was responsible for the opening post.

Oh dear.mit seems to be the person who was banned for years for racist posts.

Some things do not change.
By:
moisok
When: 30 May 21 21:33
you don't stop denigrating me and my mixed race family

a worst racist I have never come across  - you should stop otherwise others will be looking at this  trash you continually spew out
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 30 May 21 21:36
Dunno Mexico, it's an odd one.

Moved up to no6 on mine now on
latest stories

But not in top 10 most read
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 30 May 21 21:37
Maybe it's no6 as I had clicked on it?
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 30 May 21 21:59
Opened bbc in different browser

And get what appears same layout
As yours now Mexico.

Article in question at no7
By:
Pleasegivemeanailedontip
When: 30 May 21 22:02
It got people from opposite sides of a division to click on a story, start a disagreement on another platform, further entrenching the division and making them more likely to click similar stories later on to confirm their bias.

Otherwise known as clickbait
By:
Cider
When: 30 May 21 22:10
What's the bias?

In itself it's a good news story. Nothing wrong with good news stories but there's no context. Most people if they were put in a middle class family aged 12, with two 'parents' who are professionals would come out well. It would be the same wherever the child was born.
By:
casemoney
When: 30 May 21 22:11
Nice piece about an opera singer on there as well , Opera helping come them out as trans , I believe less than 1 % of the uk would find this Item of any help ..

All part and Parcel of what you are getting for paying the BBC , tax .
By:
Pleasegivemeanailedontip
When: 30 May 21 22:17
Its biased towards clickability. It will attract people on both sides of an argument. And ok yes, it will also attract non biased people who just want to read a nice story but that isnt what moved it up the news order
By:
casemoney
When: 30 May 21 22:18
No that will probably be a few BBC plants clicking the item endlessly for hours
By:
A_T
When: 30 May 21 22:21
casemoney just how badly did you do at school?
By:
Cider
When: 30 May 21 22:34
Its biased towards clickability. It will attract people on both sides of an argument. And ok yes, it will also attract non biased people who just want to read a nice story but that isnt what moved it up the news order

Presumably, it's only people from Leicester that consume Leicester regional news. If the individual had been white, it probably wouldn't have made the page. The BBC have been a lot worse of course, but the story lacks context. Salman had a poor beginning to his life but from aged 12 on he had more advantages than the vast majority of people.
By:
Richie_Burnett
When: 30 May 21 23:02
More incogent logic from the far-right.

Immigrant does something bad = they're all bad
Immigrant gets a degree = woke
By:
mitolo
When: 30 May 21 23:20
incogent indeed
By:
Cider
When: 31 May 21 13:39
Richie, you struggle with many concepts to be fair. What does the term 'woke' mean to you in the context of your last post?
By:
flat16
When: 31 May 21 14:02
Woke to me is having Anne Boleyn played by a lady of colour ,imagine in a film Martin Luther King was played by Micheal Caine ,chaos FFS
By:
casemoney
When: 31 May 21 14:14
Good actor Michael Caine,Excellent call .
By:
casemoney
When: 31 May 21 14:17
Immigrant gets a degree = woke

I would hope many get degrees ,  this guy  done well , but is it HEADLINE NEWS ?
By:
edy
When: 31 May 21 14:22
Is it worth turning all anti-woke justice warrior because it doesn't satisfy someone's criteria for headline news?
By:
Cider
When: 31 May 21 14:49
Why would an 'anti-woke justice warrior', even if that was the situation, concern you?
By:
edy
When: 31 May 21 15:06
Because you guys spam my beloved forum with it.
By:
edy
When: 31 May 21 15:06
We do not appreciate that.
By:
Cider
When: 31 May 21 15:15
Because you guys spam my beloved forum with it.

There is much more anti Boris spam, anti Tory spam. So, it's clearly not spamming the forum you have any objection to.
By:
edy
When: 31 May 21 15:18
I think we know best what we object to and do not need hobby psychologists and mindreaders to tell us.
By:
edy
When: 31 May 21 15:19
All due respect.
By:
edy
When: 31 May 21 15:21
I generally take Boris' side on here btw., much more than you do. So not sure what you are on about to begin with.
By:
Cider
When: 31 May 21 15:34
If you objected to spamming the forum, repeated threads regurgitating the same topic, it's irrelevant what 'side' you are on.
By:
Cider
When: 31 May 21 15:38
I defend freedom of opinion. Loads of people spam what I see as nonsense on here on a daily basis. Sometimes I'll correct them, most of the time I'll ignore them. I don't have a problem with them posting however, unless it's intentionally destroying the usability of the forum.
By:
edy
When: 31 May 21 15:40
We do not think we need to go into absolutely every thread and tell people to calm down and care less in our ever charming ways. We are big fans of freedom of opinion and, unlike what you try to suggest in your disingenuous ways, we do not try to curb anyone's freedom to express their opinion.

Not sorry if we are disappointing your lofty standards and expectations.
By:
Cider
When: 31 May 21 15:44
edy, it's pretty obvious, even for you. I've never read you objecting to one of the hundreds of anti Boris, anti Tory threads. Yet you think this one is spam.
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com