Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
casemoney
13 May 21 16:58
| Topic/replies: 38,036 | Blogger: casemoney's blog
Elongated  will not accept it as payment for his Sparky Cars Shocked
Pause Switch to Standard View IS BITCOIN FINNISH ?
Show More
Report politicspunter May 13, 2021 6:03 PM BST
He is a crafty guy.
Report Giuseppe May 13, 2021 6:03 PM BST
it's because of the energy involved in mining it i think
Report Giuseppe May 13, 2021 6:04 PM BST
needs to make some tesla pneumatic drills
Report dustybin May 13, 2021 6:10 PM BST
His tesla company made bumper profits by selling part of the stake they had in bitcoin, and investors werent happy, they invested into a car manufacturer.
Report Whisperingdeath May 13, 2021 9:00 PM BST
Definitely not finished. Trying to talk it up to 250.

The Bigger Boys will want to divest and let the little people pick up the tab. When your fellow workers talk about bitcoin you know the endgame is coming.

Tulips anyone?
Report shiny new shoes please May 13, 2021 10:20 PM BST
Finnish NO ..
Still has a billion invested

To the moon
Report Giuseppe May 13, 2021 10:25 PM BST
Elon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fly_Me_to_the_Moon

Love
Report shiny new shoes please May 13, 2021 10:32 PM BST
May 13, 2021 6:03 PM
Things are changing ExcitedWink
Report mecca May 13, 2021 11:17 PM BST
Ethereum is the new bitcoin... £533 0n 1st Jan 2021 .... £2650 now
Report Just Checking May 13, 2021 11:41 PM BST
That's odd, I was just reading the exact opposite, after COVID is lifted, the Amsterdam red light district will start to accept the ThruppenyBitCoin.
Report lfc1971 May 13, 2021 11:59 PM BST
Seems a very odd reason musk has given for no longer accepting bitcoin
Report feedthepony May 14, 2021 11:12 AM BST
So Musk buys a load of Bitcoin - his involvement bumps up the price as it gives confidence that there is a future in it.

Made a nice multi million dollar profit for Tesla when he sold some of it earlier.

Now he's not accepting it and price has crashed.

Nothing to see here tho - they really do rip the absolute p*ss out of us lesser humans eh.
Report feedthepony May 14, 2021 11:15 AM BST
Although anyone who thought it was the future and invested big need their heads checked.

They are going to allow any future global one world currency be backed up by what a few bampots do when running their PC all day Laugh

There will be a one world currency but it'll be backed up by the same stuff the established elite want it to be backed up by - namely enslavement of the rest of us, extracting fossil fuels and war.
Report detraveller May 14, 2021 11:46 AM BST
Although anyone who thought it was the future and invested big need their heads checked.

I didn't go big but my $1600 that I put in in 2018 was worth $12k when I took it out last month. Don't have to pay taxes on it either as I held for over a year.

I am now out because I do think it could be outlawed or severely regulated to the point where it's not the same thing anymore. There's no way it becomes the leading currency or any other crap people believe in. But it can easily exist in parallel like it has done till now. Square, Tesla, MassMutual added it to their balance sheets. I believe Paypal has done something similar. Its a popular choice for financial advisors creating alternate portfolios in time when fixed income isn't giving returns. 

It has worked wonderfully for anyone who got in even recently. When shet hits the fan many people will get royally fkd but it hasn't yet and anyone who got in and has the sense to get out has made money. And that's what we are here to do in this world.
Report politicspunter May 14, 2021 11:51 AM BST
Interesting stuff, thank you.
Report dave1357 May 14, 2021 12:31 PM BST
Don't have to pay taxes on it either as I held for over a year

Presumably you aren't in the UK?
Report edy May 14, 2021 12:43 PM BST
In Germany, when you simply hold an asset like bitcoins for at least one year from the purchase date, you don't have to pay taxes on the winnings. You can also sell/trade them earlier, but if you make a win from that that exceeds a few hundred Euros, you have to pay taxes on it.

It's different if you e.g stake or loan it out.
Report dustybin May 14, 2021 12:53 PM BST
There are a string of central banks working towards their own crypto currency, Britain included.
It will create a lot of changes to the way banking works, namely the deposit-loan system of traditional banks would be massively hit.
The concern is that the public sector will know everything about everyone (like they probably already don’t already after the Communication Act) and be able to creat finance that can only ever be used for the purpose it was created.

I’m not so sure the private sector were exactly shrinking violets with the data they collected on everyone, they have had the whip hand on government policy for years and created a society of divergence between productivity and wages.
Report dave1357 May 14, 2021 1:07 PM BST
^^ tnks edy it's amazing how countries' tax systems are so different.
Report politicspunter May 14, 2021 1:10 PM BST
Edy, if you have sustained a financial loss in previous years, can it be offset against the tax on profit?
Report edy May 14, 2021 1:15 PM BST
If you declared your losses in the previous years, I think yes.
Report edy May 14, 2021 1:15 PM BST
but the losses will also have to have happened by selling/trading within the year. Not holding for 10 years, selling at a loss compared to what you bought them for 10 years prior.
Report detraveller May 14, 2021 1:32 PM BST
Yes Im not in the UK. Germany legalized Bitcoin some years ago as a form of currency(or something like that).

@pp You can use the losses from the past 7 years to offset against profits but you must have registered those losses by the right authority by 15th December of that year. I've never done that so I don't know if that's really how it is but that's what I know.
Report politicspunter May 14, 2021 1:37 PM BST
Thanks guys.
Report Cider May 14, 2021 3:19 PM BST
A victim of online scammers, who was conned into giving away her savings, has warned others not to make the same mistake.

Julie Bushnell said she felt ashamed and embarrassed after falling for a Bitcoin fraud that cost her £9,000.

It used the name of entrepreneur Elon Musk and a story on a fake BBC website suggesting she could double her money in a giveaway of the cryptocurrency.

The Brighton teacher said: "I think about it every minute of every day."

Ms Bushnell, an investor in cryptocurrency, spotted an item on a website that appeared to use BBC News branding, claiming Mr Musk, the billionaire boss of the Tesla car firm, would pay back double the sum of any Bitcoin deposit.

She paid £9,000, which she had saved for a deposit on a new home. When no reciprocal payment arrived it dawned on her that she had become the victim of a scam.
Report feedthepony May 14, 2021 4:03 PM BST

May 14, 2021 -- 9:19AM, Cider wrote:

A victim of online scammers, who was conned into giving away her savings, has warned others not to make the same mistake.Julie Bushnell said she felt ashamed and embarrassed after falling for a Bitcoin fraud that cost her £9,000.It used the name of entrepreneur Elon Musk and a story on a fake BBC website suggesting she could double her money in a giveaway of the cryptocurrency.The Brighton teacher said: "I think about it every minute of every day."Ms Bushnell, an investor in cryptocurrency, spotted an item on a website that appeared to use BBC News branding, claiming Mr Musk, the billionaire boss of the Tesla car firm, would pay back double the sum of any Bitcoin deposit.She paid £9,000, which she had saved for a deposit on a new home. When no reciprocal payment arrived it dawned on her that she had become the victim of a scam.

scariest part of that story is she is teaching kids

Report dave1357 May 14, 2021 4:06 PM BST
yeah just like ppl thinking trump won the 2020 election
Report Giuseppe May 14, 2021 4:07 PM BST
i wish someone would double my betfair deposits
Report lapsy pa May 14, 2021 4:22 PM BST
There is another one called "dogecoin", it has a picture of a doggy on the front of it, Musk meddling with that as well by use of the twitter.
Report Cider May 14, 2021 4:23 PM BST
It's incredulous. Yeah let's put my £9K property deposit down on a double my money link on the BBC website. ffs. There are sophisticated scams and that wasn't one of them.
Report Giuseppe May 14, 2021 4:26 PM BST
Goooooood afternoon madam
Report EUGENE KRABS May 14, 2021 4:42 PM BST
She'd have been better off getting someone on here to tip her an even money poke on the nags ! At the very least she would have got a run for her money !
Report detraveller May 19, 2021 3:06 PM BST
Desperately needs a tweet from Elon now.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! May 19, 2021 3:27 PM BST
SELL

Laugh
Report politicspunter May 19, 2021 3:29 PM BST
Tesla still holds their Bitcoin pile.
Report politicspunter May 19, 2021 3:33 PM BST
Tesla snub
In March, Tesla boss Elon Musk announced unexpectedly that the electric car maker would allow customers to buy cars using Bitcoin.

But last week he did a U-turn and suspended vehicle purchases using Bitcoin due to environmental concerns.

His fears centre on Bitcoin mining - the energy-intensive process through which the digital currency is generated, using high powered computers. It often relies on electricity generated with fossil fuels, particularly coal.

"We are concerned about rapidly increasing use of fossil fuels for Bitcoin mining and transactions, especially coal, which has the worst emissions of any fuel," Mr Musk wrote.

"Cryptocurrency is a good idea... but this cannot come at great cost to the environment."

He said the electric carmaker did not intend to sell any of its Bitcoin and intended to reinstate crypto-currency transactions once mining shifted to using more sustainable energy sources.

Although the digital currency cannot be traded in China, more than 75% of Bitcoin mining around the world is done in China.
Report shiny new shoes please May 19, 2021 3:42 PM BST
Digital yuanExcitedLove China
Report detraveller May 19, 2021 3:57 PM BST
Right on cue Musk
Report SontaranStratagem May 19, 2021 4:43 PM BST
Shows how controlled it all is, that one man can come out and say something without even being the owner of it... and it crashes 60%

Its all b0llocks Plain
Report breadnbutter May 19, 2021 5:15 PM BST
Tesla CEO Elon Musk clarified in a tweet early Monday that the electric vehicle maker "has not sold any Bitcoin." "To clarify speculation, Tesla has not sold any Bitcoin," Musk said in a tweet. ... Musk replied, "Indeed."3 days ago

Dusty talking rubbish imo, you say tesla sold bitcoin, got a link?

Tesla market cap is over 500B, its cash reserves are 20B,1.5B is not that significant, less than  10% of reserves, the crypto increased nearly 20% when news  he bought broke.

The dogecoin tweet from EM was a joke, the currency went through the roof,he was gen joking cause the currency has a cartoon type pic of a dog on it, he was joking cause his small bitcoin invest had such an effect.

China is where this crypto is king, quite how they can prevent crypto doing what it says on the tin remains to be seen.
Report shiny new shoes please May 19, 2021 5:16 PM BST
Times are changing
Adapt or revolt
Lorde - Everybody Wants To Rule The World [OST "Assassin's Creed Unity"]
Report dustybin May 19, 2021 5:42 PM BST
Elon Musk said Tesla Inc. sold 10% of its Bitcoin holdings to demonstrate the token’s liquidity, while adding that he’s retained his personal investment in the cryptocurrency.

Tesla’s earnings report showed the firm -- which bought more than $1 billion of the tokens earlier this year -- generated $101 million in income from the sale. Musk said on Twitter that Tesla in essence was trying “to prove liquidity of Bitcoin as an alternative to holding cash on balance sheet.”

https://www.business-standard.com/article/international/elon-musk-says-tesla-sold-bitcoin-to-prove-liquidity-as-cash-alternative-121042800009_1.html

I didnt get the info from this page, but the report I did see it in is behind a paywall so I cant post it.
It made no mention of Musk personally buying the 10% back, why would it? It was the financial report on Tesla
Report GAZO May 19, 2021 5:48 PM BST
its probally gone down more because china said they dont class it as currency
Report shiny new shoes please May 19, 2021 5:53 PM BST
Regulators mount up!
Report shiny new shoes please May 20, 2021 8:02 PM BST
What Edward Snowden Just Said About Bitcoin And Why We Should All Pay Attention
You.t..
Report politicspunter May 28, 2021 11:48 AM BST
Sandwell Bitcoin mine found stealing electricity

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-57280115

It's a raid! Wheres the cannabis?
Report GAZO May 28, 2021 11:58 AM BST
if they are from sandwell(west bromwich) they were probally digging for them
Report Pleasegivemeanailedontip May 28, 2021 12:01 PM BST
Certainly one way to reduce bitcoins carbon impact
Report casemoney May 28, 2021 3:53 PM BST
Grin
Report shiny new shoes please May 31, 2021 3:40 PM BST
Central banks derville Rowland bitcoin "a great concern"
Regulators mount up!

Gamification worrying .. Gamestop,AMC ExcitedLaugh

Brokerages turning mom\lol investors into a social activity !

Lisa Gerrard\  the end ExcitedTongue Out
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com