Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sofiakenny
13 May 21 08:58
| Topic/replies: 24,832 | Blogger: sofiakenny's blog
How do we beat these new variants?...imo we MUST speed up our vaccination roll out..the vaccines we have are absolutely fantastic and work even better than we hoped..can we get more shots in more arms more quickly?...is this even being considered?
Pause Switch to Standard View Indian Variant
Show More
Report Giuseppe May 16, 2021 2:55 PM BST
"The very simple solution to resolve this is for everyone to be vaccinated as soon as possible."

there is no problem to resolve

if you are double jabbed you are protected, it doesn't matter what a load of teenagers in Bradford do
Report Giuseppe May 16, 2021 2:56 PM BST
NHS staff are vaccinated

they aren't at risk
Report Mexico May 16, 2021 2:57 PM BST
Yep Giuseppe
You go on and fight for years because you have been asked to wear a mask for 20 minutes.
What exactly will you fight for years for?

Poor you.

Meanwhile if you care about opening up the economy &”freedoms” just have vaccine when invited . If you are too scared then don’t have it. Simples.
Report Giuseppe May 16, 2021 3:24 PM BST
"do x, y and z and we'll give you some of your freedoms back"

thanks Boris Love
Report Giuseppe May 16, 2021 3:24 PM BST
thank you for protecting the country from this unprecedented deadly pandemic Love
Report Mexico May 16, 2021 3:30 PM BST
Yep crazy Boris, along with just about every other leader and health authority.

What a crazy idea, getting people to have a vaccine against a virus which has caused a planet wide pandemic.

Everybody can do their little bit to protect the country and help restore your beloved “freedoms “

Just have a vaccine when invited. If you are too scared then don’t worry. It isn’t compulsory.
Report politicspunter May 16, 2021 3:33 PM BST
As long as folks that refuse to have a vaccine will not be allowed entry, travel to multiple events and destinations. They can safely remain at home if they wish though.
Report Giuseppe May 16, 2021 3:33 PM BST
are you double jabbed mexico?
Report Giuseppe May 16, 2021 3:35 PM BST
are you double jabbed pp?
Report BennyBinion1 May 16, 2021 3:35 PM BST
Anyone found out the long term effects, of the experimental, untested vaccines yet?

My partner works for NHS (honest) , early 50s and refuses vaccines.

Keeps repeating to me, ask 10-20 doctors and nurses to swear if they have had any vaccine to you....
Report Mexico May 16, 2021 3:37 PM BST
Agree PP

It is a simple choice, help the country, help the planet and have vaccine when invited, or if are too scared then just accept private companies may not want their custom.
Report Giuseppe May 16, 2021 3:37 PM BST
it's about risk / reward isn't it

an 80 year old should get vaccinated

a teenager doesn't need it

then there is the de facto compulsory aspect to it
Report Giuseppe May 16, 2021 3:38 PM BST
mexico it seem to me you are the one who is scared
Report Giuseppe May 16, 2021 3:38 PM BST
why do you need others to be vaccinated?
Report Mexico May 16, 2021 3:41 PM BST
You are entitled to whatever opinion you want.

Meanwhile it isn’t compulsory to have a vaccine. If you don’t want to help the country then don’t have it.
Obviously some companies, especially airlines, may decide they don’t want your custom.

Everybody should be happy, after all isn’t that the “freedoms “ the shiny hat mob have been wittering on about.
Report Giuseppe May 16, 2021 3:43 PM BST
are you double jabbed? are you worried that you might get covid?
Report nineteen points May 16, 2021 3:50 PM BST
guiseppe,mexico isnt real.he hasnt had any jabs as robots dont get them

as for PP,he is a proven liar with multiple names,so any answer he gives will be a lie.he has told some whoppers
Report shiny new shoes please May 16, 2021 4:32 PM BST
Should be more worried about MSRA..
Hospitals are filthy mostly
Report nineteen points May 16, 2021 4:53 PM BST
but the tiktok vids are good though
Report shiny new shoes please May 16, 2021 5:19 PM BST
Guidedbythescience ExcitedLaugh
Brainwash sheep
Report shiny new shoes please May 16, 2021 5:22 PM BST
Dusky Days
Ahead ExcitedLaugh
Report David Icke May 16, 2021 5:58 PM BST
Vindaflu
Report dukeofpuke May 16, 2021 6:01 PM BST
I still dont know anyone who has died of covid and only a handful who have had the flu some felt ill some didnt

And how much has been spent 400 billion +

Also there has been no lockdowns only in name but in reality none

Quite mad whats going on
Report nineteen points May 16, 2021 6:09 PM BST
has there been any "celebrities" or famous folk,well known actors or anyone off the telly who have died? i dont know anyone who have died from it,nor do i know anyone who knows anyone who have died from it.how strange
Report shiny new shoes please May 16, 2021 6:19 PM BST
It's a
Mad World - Gary Jules
Kansas is nearly bye bye

Circuit breaker ExcitedLaugh bubbles Laugh
Report TimmyRiggins May 16, 2021 6:37 PM BST

May 16, 2021 -- 12:09PM, nineteen points wrote:

has there been any "celebrities" or famous folk,well known actors or anyone off the telly who have died? i dont know anyone who have died from it,nor do i know anyone who knows anyone who have died from it.how strange

Always thought you were blind when it suited you, lol.

Fking thread LaughLaugh

Report moisok May 16, 2021 7:12 PM BST
anyone know why these particular areas are vulnerable  and why they are allowed to go on spreading if this is the case?
Report nineteen points May 16, 2021 7:17 PM BST
because they live their own lives in their own ways,ignoring the laws of the land only using them to their advantage when needed.as you well know.
Report SontaranStratagem May 16, 2021 9:27 PM BST
What's funny is the "data" they are claiming now where the current vaccine is "effective" against the "variant"... They've only found 1000? and they haven't been jabbed?

So how the feck can "data" be showing anything?

It gets more and more comical by the passing week

And another fantastic one is this, they are easing the lockdown, so the virus knows this does it and so its decided to put its feet up over summer

And before anyone comes back with "they were vaccinating in India and its that data"... Your forgetting one thing, they spent 4 weeks telling us all they were burning dead bodies in their thousands...
Report SontaranStratagem May 16, 2021 9:34 PM BST
We can't even call it contradiction at this point its slinging s*it at the wall and hoping enough of it sticks

I think we're being mugged by the biggest bunch of inept clowns ever, only they've been mugging off mainly a bigger bunch of thickos
Report mafeking May 16, 2021 9:35 PM BST
apparently the government took one look at the latest absurd modelling and said on your bike. even they can now see it's total nonsense
Report SontaranStratagem May 16, 2021 9:39 PM BST
Its the data for the current vaccine being "effective" against this variant

They haven't tested it, they haven't jabbed anyone with the variant, there's only a very small number testing positive positive with this "variant".

I ain't entertaining vaccines, I ain't entertaining the "vaccine passport", they can shove it up their ar*e and I'm still going to the horse racing and the football

Good night vienna
Report TimmyRiggins May 16, 2021 11:45 PM BST
You really are funny. Bet you're great fun in the pub CrazyLaugh

Stick to whining at your old man, and checking if Bill is messing with the sun...
Report TimmyRiggins May 16, 2021 11:50 PM BST
What does them burning bodies in the streets have to do with them using their version of the Ox-Az vaccine on staff, and it being effective?
Report TimmyRiggins May 16, 2021 11:50 PM BST
Extremely welcome news today! A new study from the Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in Delhi, India shows 97.38% of a total of 3,235 HCWs vaccinated with Covishield (AstraZeneca) were protected from COVID-19 infection and the chances of hospitalization after vaccination were 0.06%.
Report TheBetterBettor May 17, 2021 1:02 AM BST
nineteen points16 May 21 17:09

Eddie Large
Tim Brooke Taylor
Bobby Ball

and the green cross code man
Report thegiggilo May 17, 2021 1:10 AM BST
I know three people that died under 50..
Report dukeofpuke May 17, 2021 3:01 AM BST
Did you know there are no covid 19 expert virologists and the other one epidemiologists

in the world as this is a novel virus

but there are experts in the world of influenza a different virus

and the common cold a  coronavirus of which there are 240 variants

have a think
Report nineteen points May 17, 2021 7:38 AM BST
the betterbettor,
thanks for that,did they die with it?of it? or because of it?
Report sageform May 17, 2021 12:30 PM BST
dukeofpuke, it is true that a year ago the only "expert" advice given about Covid was based on the behaviour of similar viruses but now there is plenty of data on the infectivity and initial symptoms of Covid19. The thing that is still lacking is the length of immunity from vaccines and the potential long term effects for those who may have only had a mild or moderate infection. There is growing evidence that it causes erectile dysfunction which might make a few youngsters think twice about ignoring the risks.
Report Giuseppe May 17, 2021 3:24 PM BST
sonts, we don't really know what happened in india

the official figures are unreliable

we don't know how many died, or how many of these deaths were due to logistical failures (oxygen)

there are enough unvaccinated people there to have caused a short term surge in deaths

if there was evidence indian variant evaded vaccine we would know it by now

also, this may sound strange, but i'm not sure the indian variant is the domiant variant there, i heard indian news saying it was the kent variant
Report Giuseppe May 17, 2021 3:39 PM BST
case numbers dropping sharply in India now

deaths flattened out at 4k a day

doubt you'll hear that on the news

new scare story is 18 people in hospital in Bolton

people responding by turning up in their droves in the NW to get vaccinated
Report shiny new shoes please May 17, 2021 4:26 PM BST
erectile dysfunction which might make a few youngsters think twice about ignoring the risk, think outside the box , that won't work !
ExcitedLaughLaugh
Protecting your future !
Feed me drugs pronto
Report sofiakenny May 17, 2021 4:57 PM BST
erectile dysfunction which might make a few youngsters think twice about ignoring the risk, think outside the box , that won't work !

Strange..had the opposite effect on me!Grin
Report SontaranStratagem May 17, 2021 8:58 PM BST
Indian surge tackled

That was quick, it was only Friday it was getting out of control Crazy
Report politicspunter May 17, 2021 9:14 PM BST
SontaranStratagem, Do you still believe Covid is a hoax and that Trump won the election?
Report Giuseppe May 17, 2021 9:25 PM BST
Laugh
Report Aspro May 17, 2021 10:23 PM BST
Got a text this morning for my second jab. Phoned and was booked in for tomorrow. Was told 12 weeks, but tomorrow is 8 weeks. They're not hanging around.
Report shiny new shoes please May 17, 2021 10:57 PM BST
By 2025 ul have 22
Incorporated into flu jab simples Crazy
Report irishone May 18, 2021 7:07 AM BST
Gonna do the lottery this week
Neighbour had his second jab last month
Now hes in hospital with Covid
I thought this was meant to be rare
Report Johnny The Guesser May 18, 2021 8:16 AM BST
Seems like they had the perfect excuse to put the army on the streets and impose a curfew -  Instead I had a couple of pints and a meal out ?

Very strange. I'm confused Crazy
Report shiny new shoes please May 18, 2021 12:21 PM BST
30 more blood clots Indian
Report Aspro May 18, 2021 2:38 PM BST

May 17, 2021 -- 4:23PM, Aspro wrote:

Got a text this morning for my second jab. Phoned and was booked in for tomorrow. Was told 12 weeks, but tomorrow is 8 weeks. They're not hanging around.

Kinell they are packing them in... I joined an hour-long queue (1 hour & 5 minutes to be precise) before I was seen, which was 45 minutes after my allotted time.

Report Giuseppe May 18, 2021 3:10 PM BST
"Neighbour had his second jab last month
Now hes in hospital with Covid"

statistically, it is very unlikely he is sick with covid
Report TimmyRiggins May 18, 2021 5:52 PM BST
It is, and also statistically even more unlikely he'll die.

Lucky him.
Report MC Roller May 18, 2021 7:57 PM BST
How do they know the difference between covid and the Indian variant?

All I've learned from the good old unbiased beeb is, there's an Indian variant. Is this following the science these days, just say something with no science to back it up. It must have something which is different, why no clear explanation.
Report nineteen points May 18, 2021 8:06 PM BST
so has the other variants disappeared like flu did?
Report BennyBinion1 May 18, 2021 8:11 PM BST
Where did that killer variant the South African disappear too?

Testing on doorsteps in South London to stop the deadly spread.
Report Mexico May 18, 2021 8:42 PM BST
Hi MC

There are tests run on some of the pcr samples which identify the different flavours of the virus.

The “Indian “, “Kent”, “South African” variants are the catchy names given by media as easier to remember than a scientific name.

Seems a fair amount of science to be able to take a swab , find out if that person is infected by a virus and identity the variants of the Covid virus.
Report Mexico May 18, 2021 8:46 PM BST
Wow

It is amazing months of social distancing , crackdown of testing in key areas, and a really successful vaccine rollout now reaching 70% of population...

And as if by magic.....

Where did the virus “disappear “ to?

Yep another really difficult puzzle for the scientists to answer.
Report moisok May 18, 2021 8:50 PM BST
bolton  blackburn darwen  - the clue is there,  plus many more
Report lapsy pa May 18, 2021 9:00 PM BST
I thought(i might be very wrong) initially India blamed the "Kent" variant for their wave.
Report Giuseppe May 18, 2021 9:03 PM BST
i think mo is suggesting religious and cultural issues may be the determining factor here

most asians in that area are from Pakistani and bangaldeshi families I imagine
Report Giuseppe May 18, 2021 9:05 PM BST
actually that doesn't make sense, why would they have this variant? instead of the usual variant?

I suppose some Muslims fly to India too
Report Giuseppe May 18, 2021 9:07 PM BST
do people flying from India /Pakistan / Bangladesh not have to self isolate after arrival? hard to keep up with the rules
Report Mexico May 18, 2021 9:32 PM BST
Correct Giuseppe

Now India is a red list country so the full on hotel isolation for 10 days & need to pay.

Before that those returning were told need to isolate at home, there wasn’t a great deal of checking this & can still mix with other people in household.
Report Giuseppe May 18, 2021 9:34 PM BST
ok so basically this is Asians from Bolton flying to India and back, and not quarantining properly on return?

you won't here that on sky or the bbc
Report nineteen points May 18, 2021 9:35 PM BST
april 6th they knew folk were flying in from infected areas.horse well gone by the time boris put the bolt in
Report Mexico May 18, 2021 9:45 PM BST
Giuseppe

These guys who went to India may well have followed the laws/rules at the time. Flying to India for wedding/ funeral / essential reasons was allowed (& still is)

Even when in at home isolation, not only would people mix with other members of their household, they were were allowed out if no alternative for essential reasons, food, medical care etc.
Report Giuseppe May 18, 2021 9:48 PM BST
you are allowed to mix with other householders when self isolating?

why would there be no alternative to going out to the shops? don't Asians generally have large extended families to help them?
Report Giuseppe May 18, 2021 9:50 PM BST
if they are following the rules the whole quarantine at home process doesn't seem very effective
Report Giuseppe May 18, 2021 9:52 PM BST
I think the Eid celebrations (in breach of rules) may have been a factor here too

that was even mentioned on a sky report Surprised
Report Giuseppe May 18, 2021 9:53 PM BST
but none of this really matters

only unvaccinated and old people are at risk from this

they made that decision, that is their problem
Report Mexico May 18, 2021 9:55 PM BST
I don’t think so, just own household. I haven’t read up much about the rules as haven’t been abroad.

The isolation wasn’t enforced anyway.
Report Giuseppe May 18, 2021 10:03 PM BST
I find it interesting how reluctant you are to blame Asians for this, and how you are trying to make excuses for them

not that it really matters, i think there is overreaction to this indian variant
Report Giuseppe May 18, 2021 10:04 PM BST
is this Boris's fault for allowing them to fly to India?

or the Asians fault for not following the rules?
Report Mexico May 18, 2021 10:12 PM BST
Giuseppe

I am sure some people did break the rules but the law allowed people to fly around the world in the middle of a global pandemic for “essential “ reasons.

Then on return told to stay at home for 10 days where could mix with their household.

As already said it was possible to follow the rules and still spread the virus, the rules had plenty of weak points.
Report moisok May 18, 2021 10:45 PM BST
don't even go there  - neither will the politicos  but we are all know where it is and who it is 

too many votes to lose
Report Capt__F May 18, 2021 10:55 PM BST
u must be worried at 92 Gui ?

coffin dodger anyway!
Report scandanavian_haven May 18, 2021 11:09 PM BST
anyone heard that vaccine advert on the radio, near to the end a bit of nauseating music comes on "and the difference is you......." before the women whispers "every vaccine matters", shameless
Report scandanavian_haven May 18, 2021 11:09 PM BST
anyone heard that vaccine advert on the radio, near to the end a bit of nauseating music comes on "and the difference is you......." before the women whispers "every vaccine matters", shameless
Report scandanavian_haven May 18, 2021 11:11 PM BST
and htf can 1.5 billon in such a poorly economically developed country to 'follow rules', anyone been to shanty towns in India, you'd be luck to keep a 2cm distance let alone 2 meters.
Report Giuseppe May 18, 2021 11:13 PM BST
I'll outlive you all, captain

will make it to 100 at least
Report Capt__F May 18, 2021 11:25 PM BST
send u card if u reach 100

clubcard
Report Giuseppe May 18, 2021 11:27 PM BST
can you send some cash now instead please mate

could use a few bob
Report casemoney May 19, 2021 1:16 AM BST
Case in a German Tower Block all residents Locked in  , in 2 Tower Blocks Shocked

"We just saw a mass of public order officers suddenly turn up and we were locked in,"

What is a Public Order Officer ? Is that the Police ?
Report casemoney May 19, 2021 1:17 AM BST
Imagibe the Old Bill turning up here and imprisoning people in tower Blocks , foook me their would be uproar .
Report Giuseppe May 19, 2021 1:20 AM BST
lol do you think so?

plenty on here would think its justified

imagine the hysteria when a vaccine resistant variant arrives Scared
Report Giuseppe May 19, 2021 1:21 AM BST
haven't entire cities in Australia and NZ locked down over a couple of cases?
Report casemoney May 19, 2021 1:25 AM BST
Crazy , G , Wrong estate mate would be  Riots Plain Could not happen
Report Giuseppe May 19, 2021 1:26 AM BST
if a vaccine resistant variant arrives they will 100% do this I am sure

and the like of mex and punter will applaud it
Report Giuseppe May 19, 2021 1:27 AM BST
armed soldiers guard the quarantine hotels in NZ

not sure if this is the case in UK too
Report casemoney May 19, 2021 1:27 AM BST
" Sorry mate Mr Jones on the 1st floor has the IV , you cant Leave the tower block for two weeks "Laugh
Report Giuseppe May 19, 2021 1:28 AM BST
would probably be the bio warfare units of the army not riot police if it was a serious variant
Report thegiggilo May 24, 2021 11:08 PM BST
https://twitter.com/ProfSunnySingh/status/1396355128949608449

Between 6,000-31,000 a day dying from covid in India..
Report Giuseppe May 24, 2021 11:32 PM BST
those aren't the official figures (4,000 a day is the official number)

6,000 a day would be the equivalent of 300 a day in the UK

clearly many people are also dying to shortcoming in the Indian health service (oxygen)

the very fact they don't even know how many are dying I think also says a lot about the Indian healthcare infrastructure
Report Giuseppe May 24, 2021 11:33 PM BST
daily case numbers have also halved over the last 2 weeks
Report Giuseppe May 24, 2021 11:35 PM BST
6-31,000

that's quite a wide estimate too

shows no one has a clue what is really happening
Report Giuseppe May 24, 2021 11:36 PM BST
India isn't even in lockdown for **** sake, how bad can it be?

they did have a national lockdown last year
Report Giuseppe May 24, 2021 11:50 PM BST
indian government: number of tests has increased by a factor of 2.6 in the last 15 weeks
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com