Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
LoyalHoncho
07 May 21 19:41
| Topic/replies: 6,986 | Blogger: LoyalHoncho's blog
This deserves it's own thread.

The biggest Tory outrage of recent times is the handing out of a female Baronetcy to Ruth Davidson in Scotland for having achieved for the country ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!  Former Tory leader in Scotland, who retired after losing in two elections.  She only got in on the list vote and has brown-nosed her way very effectively indeed into the English House of Lords.  Coining in £300 a day for doing fcuk all.  She has never governed or ever come close to it.  She tried to stick it to Nicola Sturgeon, on behalf of Whitehall and Westminster,  and failed miserably.
She is a political nobody. Baroness Ruth Davidson, still hanging around the Scottish tory party but now a waste of space in he HOL.
Synecures are alive and well in the Tory party!!!
Pause Switch to Standard View Baroness Ruth Davidson
Show More
Report LoyalHoncho May 7, 2021 8:50 PM BST
She was the party's candidate in the Glasgow North East constituency at a 2009 by-election and at the 2010 general election, finishing in third then fourth place, on each occasion with approximately 5% of the vote.

At the 2011 Scottish Parliament election, Davidson stood in the Glasgow Kelvin constituency, where she finished fourth, and on the Glasgow regional list, from which she was elected.
Report Just Checking May 7, 2021 8:54 PM BST
She gets under the skin of the little English hating golem and her similarly bigoted cult, that's also good.
Report sofiakenny May 7, 2021 8:57 PM BST
JC..how often must we tell you..we love our English brothers and sisters..but despise and hate tories..is that clear enough?
Report politicspunter May 7, 2021 8:58 PM BST

May 7, 2021 -- 2:50PM, LoyalHoncho wrote:

She was the party's candidate in the Glasgow North East constituency at a 2009 by-election and at the 2010 general election, finishing in third then fourth place, on each occasion with approximately 5% of the vote.At the 2011 Scottish Parliament election, Davidson stood in the Glasgow Kelvin constituency, where she finished fourth, and on the Glasgow regional list, from which she was elected.

She won the constituency of Edinburgh Central in 2016.

Report JML May 7, 2021 9:01 PM BST
£300 quid a day to someone like RD????

After paying London expenses she'd be left with fcuk all.

There will be no shortage of companies willing to pay RD a 6 figure salary.
Report sofiakenny May 7, 2021 9:03 PM BST
Her expenses are paid as well..surprised a bright spark like you did not know this.
Report LoyalHoncho May 7, 2021 9:07 PM BST
We don't hate the English - when are you all going to start to understand that?  Don't listen to your PM's and your BBC's and your Daily Mails - listen to us.  We have lived, loved, fought and died with you.  We have had your backs in many armed conflicts around the world.  We love you, but, we just love Scotland better!.  And, as you have proved with your stance on Europe we have every right to our own self-determination.
When are you going to cotton to that?
I repeat - we do not hate the English even if your spin doctors try to convince you otherwise.
Report JML May 7, 2021 9:07 PM BST
No Einstein----£300 is expenses therev is no wages.
Report LoyalHoncho May 7, 2021 9:13 PM BST
What she gets paid or not, or receives in expenses or not, is neither here or there.  It is the quite brazen handing out of such a prestigious UK honour, for having achieved absolutely nothing.  It is stinking and I am sure in all of your hearts of hearts you will all agree with me.  She will now as a consequence walk into grossly undeserved board directorships etc; etc; etc;.  Maybe not now but certainly in the future.  ffs The Welsh Windbag secured a monster set of pensions through getting the "ermine", and then secured one for his missus too.
It is DISGUSTING!
Report sofiakenny May 7, 2021 9:13 PM BST
Nope..305 a day attendance allowance..plus travel expenses and subsidised licensed restaurant.
Report LoyalHoncho May 7, 2021 9:15 PM BST
She sits in the HOL like an over-dressed fishwife and hangs around Scottish politics and media LIKE A BAD SMELL!
Report JML May 7, 2021 9:17 PM BST
The biggest expense would be accomadation and she'd have to pay that herself
Report politicspunter May 7, 2021 9:21 PM BST
I believe the unemployment rate in Scotland is the lowest in the UK.
Report Just Checking May 7, 2021 9:24 PM BST
LOL. The ratio of private sector (productive) to public sector jobs in Scotland is shocking. How many of them will be left after separation and the subsidy is cut off.
Report Just Checking May 7, 2021 9:25 PM BST
And Scotland is forecast to be worst hit by COVID. So it's all looking roooooossseeeyyy.
Report TheBetterBettor May 7, 2021 9:38 PM BST
She's no Annabel Goldie Love
Report JML May 7, 2021 9:47 PM BST
Which one are you sofiakenny?

contributor or sponger.
Report sofiakenny May 7, 2021 9:50 PM BST
Sponger..never worked a day in my life..only fools and horses work..bezzie pals with white dee and aspire to live in hartlepool of clacton...you the same?
Report JML May 7, 2021 9:55 PM BST
Do you think your handouts will be more generous in an independant Scotland?

Me?I have worked and I've been on unemployement benefit but neither since 1991.
Report sofiakenny May 7, 2021 10:02 PM BST
No deffo not..will have to cross the border and claim in England..much easier to work the system there.
Report JML May 7, 2021 10:05 PM BST
Wont there be a wall?
Report LoyalHoncho May 8, 2021 3:14 AM BST
No wall but there will be borders in the North and Irish seas - to deter English gunboats.
Report LoyalHoncho May 12, 2021 7:44 PM BST
Bump.
Report sofiakenny May 12, 2021 7:51 PM BST
75k for around 30 days work..not bad.
Report akabula May 12, 2021 7:52 PM BST
We don't hate the English. Laugh
What about all the banners demanding the English get out of Scotland.
Report akabula May 12, 2021 7:53 PM BST
BTW Good luck to RD in her new role.
Report politicspunter May 12, 2021 7:56 PM BST

May 12, 2021 -- 1:51PM, sofiakenny wrote:

75k for around 30 days work..not bad.

It's not exactly work though is it? Just paid to attend.

Report sofiakenny May 12, 2021 8:04 PM BST
Royal London will get good value from her.
Report thegiggilo May 12, 2021 8:30 PM BST
John Mann,Ian Austin Claire Fox three utter scumbags put in by tories,completeky corrupt some bloke who led the Brexit campaign the list is endless of lowlifes..
Report thegiggilo May 12, 2021 8:30 PM BST
John Mann,Ian Austin Claire Fox three utter scumbags put in by tories,completeky corrupt some bloke who led the Brexit campaign the list is endless of lowlifes..
Report politicspunter May 12, 2021 8:33 PM BST
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Watson,_Baron_Watson_of_Invergowrie

Don't forget the convicted arsonist Sad
Report Just Checking May 12, 2021 10:53 PM BST
"  Coining in £300 a day"
SeparatistKenny: "75k for around 30 days work..not bad."

And once again we have an example of Separatist arithmetic, the lack thereof. They just CANNOT do basic mathematics, which is why they believe every economist in the world (apart from a couple nutters) are wrong when they point out Scotland's poor economic case, and instead believe Scotland will be "rich", despite all the evidence it would be austerity max and economically brutalised.

Because they couldn't understand an economic balance sheet with one line, 3 columns, and integer numbers.
Report sofiakenny May 12, 2021 11:16 PM BST
JC..Royal LOndon are paying her 75k as a consultant..try and keep up.
Report akabula May 12, 2021 11:21 PM BST
She has been employed as a non-executive director and will also oversee some committees.
Report sofiakenny May 12, 2021 11:41 PM BST
fair play to the Baroness..just called plans for photo ID to vote as..BOLLOX!Laugh
Report LoyalHoncho May 12, 2021 11:50 PM BST
A bairn wi' a biscuit e rse could do that sofia.
Report cryoftruth May 13, 2021 8:43 AM BST
The House of Lords is packed to the farmers with people who successive prime ministers have favoured with this honour. There are many of them who never turn up, or when they do the go to sleep all day. Others who do turn up are so stupid they may well not have done. There is a huge pool of people in the Lords for you all to have a legitimate pop at.

So this is the question.

Why have a go at Ruth Davidson? She is the only Tory politician in the last 3 decades in Scotland remotely able to match political rivals in debate. She had the admiration and grudging respect as a most bruising political giant in Scotland from people supporting other parties. In at least 2 elections in Scotland the Tory election leaflets had her face on them even though she was no longer party leader.

I did not agree with Ruth about very much. Not even about the EU as she was a passionate remainer. However I did agree with her about the lack of honesty of Johnson. And I am glad as a supporter of Scotland regaining her freedom that she has gone down to London as it will be the most serious opponent gone away.

But come on chaps be honest. There are useless idiots and demented old tubes as well as utterly dishonest creatures lurking in the Lords, why exactly are you picking on Ruth?
Report politicspunter May 13, 2021 8:56 AM BST
The Lords is the most horrendous insult to democracy imaginable, a graveyard of old duffers and mostly failed politicians that we pay for.
Report 1st time poster May 13, 2021 10:40 AM BST
its BOLLOCKS LaughLaugh
Report LoyalHoncho May 13, 2021 10:54 PM BST
I can't improve on what politics punter has eloquently said.
The fact that anyone of a right mind doesn't see how little she deserves such elevation is difficult to comprehend.
Report cryoftruth May 13, 2021 10:57 PM BST
I just wanted to know why you picked on Ruth? She would not be the most undeserving member of the Lords surely.
What is it about her you so hate?
Report LoyalHoncho May 13, 2021 11:04 PM BST
I don't hate her, I despise a so-called "honours", "royal patronage" system that rewards and benefits someone who has done absolutely nothing of benefit to anyone in the nation.  As simple as that.
Clearly you believe that the Westminster/Whitehall machine, which is very Tory infiltrated/insinuated/indoctrinated, has the god-given right to dispense such largesse to a political failure who has achieved nothing.
Report LoyalHoncho May 13, 2021 11:05 PM BST
Bump.
She sits in the HOL like an over-dressed fishwife and hangs around Scottish politics and media LIKE A BAD SMELL!
Report cryoftruth May 14, 2021 7:35 AM BST
Okay you don’t like Ruth.

But look at the sleaze Lord Feldman and Lord Bethel are mired in.

Surely more worthy targets for disgust than Ruth?

Good Law Project has uncovered remarkable evidence that a Tory Minister brought a former Chair of the Tory Party, a man who now runs a lobbying firm, into the heart of Government to work on the massive multi-billion PPE procurement process. Having got his feet under the table that former Chair lobbied to win PPE contracts for at least one, and possibly a number, of clients of his lobbying firm.

The Tory Minister is Lord Bethell. The former Tory Party Chair is Lord Feldman - once described as David Cameron’s oldest and best friend - and he worked for Bethell from 23 March to 15 May 2020. And his huge lobbying firm is Tulchan, whose client list includes Bunzl Healthcare.

Bunzl was given a £22.6m PPE contract by the Department for Health without any competition in April 2020, smack bang in the middle of the period Feldman was working with Bethell. And we have also learned, from Government’s own documents, that:

Feldman was involved in the award of this contract. Bunzl had been removed from the Department for Health’s ‘approved suppliers list’ - and Feldman got them back on. An email from Feldman to Bunzl on 22 March 2020 states that he was acting as “an unpaid advisor to Matthew Hancock at the department of health...but that there have been some historic issues which mean that you have been removed from the approved suppliers list. I would like to remedy that as soon as possible”.

On the same day, he emailed Bunzl, copying in Andrew Wood whom he describes as “the person leading the accelerated procurement process in Cabinet Office” and said “I have spoken to him [Andy Wood] about Bunzl and the opportunity for you to supply the UK Government with equipment. He will be in touch”.

And then, several days later, when Bunzl thought the deal was not progressing quickly enough, it asked Feldman to intervene - which he did. On 25 March Feldman wrote directly to the line manager of the official dealing with Bunzl, encouraging him to expedite the contract award process: “We need to move quickly”.
We fear these revelations just scratch the surface. We have seen Lord Feldman’s ‘Declarations of interest form’ and it contains a list of his other conflicts of interest. But Government has concealed these other names:

“some of our clients [Tulchan Communication LLP], as well as many other companies are offering assistance to the government during the covid-19 crisis. This includes [REDACTED], Bunzl, [REDACTED], [REDACTED], [REDACTED]”.

Despite requests from our lawyers Government is refusing to confirm which other companies linked to Cameron’s oldest friend and his lobbying firm Tulchan Communications were introduced to Government and/or won public contracts.

We have now launched formal Judicial Review proceedings. If you would like to help us challenge this extraordinary abuse of power - you can do so here.
Report LoyalHoncho May 14, 2021 3:23 PM BST
Ok Cry Of Truth.  They are not Scottish.  All I am interested in is a)  Scotland, and b) the way the UK, via the Westminster crony machine, sees fit to abuse Scotland.
You got that now?
Good.
Report cryoftruth May 14, 2021 10:00 PM BST
Funny I sort of thought you might like the only Tory with any credibility in Scotland in the last 30 years. Ruth I disagreed with.but she is a strong debater and an excellent communicator. I mean the other 6 Scottish Tory leaders were memorable. Like who were they? And who is the current chump?
Report LoyalHoncho May 27, 2021 7:07 PM BST
FAO lfc1971.
Report lfc1971 May 27, 2021 9:41 PM BST
I like the way she stands up to the dictator in the North loyalhoncho
Report LoyalHoncho May 27, 2021 10:24 PM BST
You're sadly mistaken, as I find to repeatedly be the case lfc - on two counts.  The dictators up here are the electors who overwhelmingly voted her in again.  The would be dictator up here, the real hard-liner "The Baroness", the "over-dressed" fishwife failed miserably in her vicious and poisonous attempt to blacken her and oust her, and the electors saw right through her!
Report lfc1971 May 27, 2021 10:35 PM BST
Nonsense , she’s a member of the conservative and unionist party , the greatest and most successful political party in history .
The SNP are a protest group led by a little pipsqueak
Report LoyalHoncho May 28, 2021 4:29 AM BST
Hee!  Hee!  You're the only one squeaking about here.
Report layingisthewayforward May 29, 2021 12:10 PM BST
Is Cryoftruth sticking up for a tory here? My lord, i need a lie down.
Report cryoftruth May 30, 2021 9:43 AM BST
Ruth has been the only decent opposition leader in Scotland since the SNP came to power.

Both Labour and The Conservative and Putinist Party had a succession of simply useless leaders like McConnell. McKeltchie, and a whole load of others who were devoid of charisma and communication skills.

Ruth was different. She gave Nicola a hard time and was a match for her in terms of strength and power. She possesses very strong political communication skills and as a supporter of Scottish freedom, Iam delighted that she has gone to the House Of Lords.

I disagree withRuth about everything. The future of Scotland, Brexit, and tax policies. She is a Tory and so belongs to the most toxic corrupt brood in British modern history.

However I was surprised that Loyal Honcho singled her, of all the Tories out, for a special slating. After all others like Johnson,Handcock, Raab,Reece Smugg, Priti Patel, and Desmondgate Jenryk would all appear either to be much more obvious  bare faced liars, downright bullies, or demonstrably corrupt.
Report LoyalHoncho June 10, 2021 6:56 PM BST
Bump.
Deserving of further oxygen.
The undeserving Baroness now trying to make a name for herself by encroaching on and misrepresenting our gaming rights.
Sanctimony at its base worst.  Clearly not got enough to do.
A disgusting waste of royal patronage.
Report LoyalHoncho June 10, 2021 6:58 PM BST
None of the people you cite have been needlessy elevated to the English H. O. L.
Whitehall motivated synecure.
Disgusting.
Report cryoftruth June 10, 2021 9:15 PM BST
True but do you have any doubt whatsoever that any of them will not jump at the chance of a peerage when they have finished filling the pockets of their cronies, or bullying people so badly.

As I say I disagree with Ruth about most things. But compared to the odious, dishonest totally corrupt shower led by the serial liar Johnson, she is nowhere near so bad as I think you make out.  For starters I cannot actually remember her being caught telling bare faced lies as Johnson and Handcock have repeatedly.nor has she been found guilty of breaching the ministerial code through ugly bullying like Priti Patel.

At the recent Scottish election, the Tories knew she was off to London. Yet still much of the election literature still used brand Ruth. This says a lot about her powers of communication and obviously even more about the utter uselessness of the other Scottish Tories.
Report LoyalHoncho June 12, 2021 2:33 AM BST
It is irrelevant whether your or I agree or disagree with her she has done absolutely nothing of any note or human significance to warrant such a gift.  Absolutely nothing.
She is a nobody in ermine.
Mind you, at least ( as far as I know ) she doesn't have a gun tattooed on her leg.
Report cryoftruth June 12, 2021 12:01 PM BST
Not sure about that. She became leader of her party in her country and not everyone achieves that. And unlike Johnson and his odious crew she seems not to have been at least caught telling too many bare faced lies or being corrupt.

And anyway there are worse examples. The recent decision to reward Baron Crudas, a decision that seems to nicely coincide with him bunging the Tories vast donations, would seem to be much much more worrying as it is the very first time such a gong has been doled out contrary to the Lords Appointments Committee. It seems new depths of corruption are being plumbed by the Tories every day almost.
Report akabula July 27, 2021 12:56 AM BST
https://twitter.com/i/status/1417465252543881217

Dignity personified. Well deserved Ruth.
Report akabula July 31, 2021 1:01 AM BST
Ruth well worth a follow on twitter.
Report akabula August 10, 2021 11:36 PM BST
Tweeting some good stuff about the exam results.
Report akabula August 21, 2021 8:22 AM BST
Exposing the snp/greens link-up for what it is.
Report politicspunter August 21, 2021 9:10 AM BST
Anyone who posts forty three thousand odd posts on the same subject clearly has mental health issues.
Report Timber August 21, 2021 9:14 AM BST

Aug 21, 2021 -- 3:10AM, politicspunter wrote:

Anyone who posts forty three thousand odd posts on the same subject clearly has mental health issues.

politicspunter
Joined Betfair: 20 Mar 18
My blog:
Last 6 months activity
Forum posts:
Comments:

I rest my case your honour

Report mmmalushka August 21, 2021 11:53 AM BST
Great news for our country our people and our planet.Obviously a calamity for Baroness Pishy Vichy the Quislingingers and the Scotiaphobes.
Report MALAY August 21, 2021 1:55 PM BST
never heard of her, does she own any greyhounds ?
Report akabula August 21, 2021 8:41 PM BST
Great news for our country our people and our planet

And yet every post from the snp mps/msps only mention it bringing independence closer.
But of course it doesn't as Boris still says NO and the people of Scotland will say NO again.
Report Dr Crippen August 21, 2021 9:45 PM BST
politicspunter
Joined Betfair: 20 Mar 18
My blog:
Last 6 months activity
Forum posts:

Only edy can beat that.

Same team as well.
Report akabula August 21, 2021 9:58 PM BST
Angus Robertson (Agnes to his friends) tweeted how great this was for the independence cause.
Not one word about helping climate change or the dreadful state of our economy or trying to save our education system or any of the many other snp failures.
No thought given to our many many problems, because to the snp and greens the only thing that matters is independence.
Report mmmalushka August 22, 2021 9:57 AM BST
A masterstroke which has the Quislingingerers and Scotiaphobes fair raging.
Report akabula August 22, 2021 11:44 PM BST
Whats actually changed?
The answer is of course nothing as the Greens were nothing but the snps lapdogs before they joined forces.
Maybe they thought they'd be BETTER TOGETHER.
Report akabula August 28, 2021 8:20 PM BST
Her twitter account is well worth a visit.
Some good stuff on Afghanistan, the snp and everything current.
Report akabula September 1, 2021 1:25 AM BST
Good piece on her Afghanistan memories in yesterdays tweets.
Report politicspunter September 1, 2021 7:38 AM BST
Anyone that posts forty three thousand odd times on the same subject over thirteen years, clearly has mental health issues.
Report mmmalushka September 1, 2021 8:06 AM BST
Wonder if  Baroness Pishy Vishy regrets saying this.

Report mmmalushka September 1, 2021 8:06 AM BST
Wonder if  Baroness Pishy Vishy regrets saying this.

Report politicspunter September 1, 2021 8:17 AM BST
No doubt Boris will be delighted to follow her guidance?
Report mmmalushka September 1, 2021 8:45 AM BST
I see I made a spelling mistake,of course it should be Vichy not Pishy how silly can you get?

Report akabula September 1, 2021 9:00 AM BST
No need to apologise malushka, we all know you aint too bright.
What relevance has what the Baroness has said now that she is no longer involved at Holyrood?
Anyways we all know who calls the tune and who dances to it.
Report lfc1971 September 1, 2021 9:07 AM BST
A request for a referendum could take place as stated but but it is the democratically elected Tory government that has the power to say yes or no
As more of the Scottish electorate voted for unionist parties there is no mandate and it’s for the tories to decide
Report lfc1971 September 1, 2021 9:19 AM BST
The SNP should put in a formal request now - and Boris should accept imo
Report akabula September 1, 2021 9:20 AM BST
Boris is honouring the will of the Scottish people who voted in the 2014 referendum to remain in union with England, Northern Ireland and Wales.
He is also honouring the pledges of Salmond and Sturgeon that this would be a once in a generation event.
Report lfc1971 September 1, 2021 9:24 AM BST
Fair point aka , that is probably right in principle
But if the Scots are foolish enough to keep voting for the snp then the rest of the country shouldn’t have to put up with it
Hold a referendum and be dammed
Report lfc1971 September 1, 2021 9:30 AM BST
Devolution is the main problem , it undermines Britain from within
Report akabula September 1, 2021 9:32 AM BST
Now would probably be a bad time for the snp.
Sturgeon threatening closures and restrictions due to the recent Covid spike and the WHO releasing info showing Scotland has 8 of the 20 European Covid hotspots.
Report akabula September 1, 2021 9:35 AM BST
The massive black hole that is financed by the UK taxpayers won't instil much confidence in the nationalist voters either.
Report politicspunter September 1, 2021 9:40 AM BST
What Ruth Davidson says is normal in any country. That is as she says simple, that's how democracy works. However, it doesn't work as far as the people of Scotland are concerned according to our dinosaur Westminster laws. The people of Scotland have given a mandate for an independence referendum (if requested) to the people they elected in the recent election.  It is a nonsense to democracy that the decision regarding any referendum should be cast by one person (Boris) outside of that electorate and Parliament.
Report lfc1971 September 1, 2021 10:03 AM BST
There is no country in the world that has the right to hold a referendum or an election at any time willy nilly
just because a section of the electorate might wish to - there are always certain timescales and this is very important for the democratic process
Report politicspunter September 1, 2021 10:23 AM BST
It does put Douglas Ross in a difficult position. Ruth Davidson is ten times the politician he will ever be and she recognises the democratic will of the people in voting for a majority of independence supporting MSPs. If Douglas Ross also accepts that democratic will, he would be wrong to oppose a referendum request.
Report lfc1971 September 1, 2021 10:38 AM BST
Less than 50% of the Scottish electorate voted for independence parties - there is no mandate for a referendum
Report lfc1971 September 1, 2021 10:42 AM BST
And none voted for a snp / Green Party alliance .
Report akabula September 1, 2021 10:49 PM BST
The coalition announced in the same week that the snp had a leaflet drop through our letterboxes asking us if we are sick of getting a government we didn't vote for.
As lfc says who voted for an snp/greens government.
Not very clever are they.
Report akabula September 5, 2021 12:39 AM BST
Some great stuff on BRDs account.
The highlights being ;
Comment from Jim Sillars, former deputy leader of the snp, on the current  Scottish governments incompetence.
A great article giving insight into Afghanistans new problems.
The continuing ferries fiasco, would be funny if not so serious for the people of the islands.
Report politicspunter September 5, 2021 8:43 AM BST
“You don’t get a referendum for free, you have to earn it”.

"So if the Greens and the SNP and the SSP, or any of the other parties who have declared an interest in independence, get it over the line and can make a coalition, make a majority, get the votes in the Parliament, then they'll vote through a referendum," she adds. “That’s what democracy is all about.”

Ruth Davidson.
Report Just Checking September 5, 2021 1:29 PM BST
PP The self proclaimed "English Tory" repeating a story only run on The National, a laughable propaganda sheet for SNP extremists, that he has linked to before.

Funny that.

#NotALyingSNPSupporterHonest.
Report akabula September 5, 2021 11:33 PM BST
Not just any Tory voter though but yer traditional Tory voter according to his latest utteringBTW .
The National must be big down south.
Report SirNorbertClarke September 5, 2021 11:51 PM BST
pinocchiopoliticspunter being a traditional Tory voter why don't you list your top 10 Tory Prime Ministers Laugh

You Sir are a joke.
Report akabula September 8, 2021 9:18 PM BST
I hope you are all following Ruth on twitter.
Always a great read.
Report politicspunter September 9, 2021 12:05 AM BST
“You don’t get a referendum for free, you have to earn it”.

"So if the Greens and the SNP and the SSP, or any of the other parties who have declared an interest in independence, get it over the line and can make a coalition, make a majority, get the votes in the Parliament, then they'll vote through a referendum," she adds. “That’s what democracy is all about.”

Ruth Davidson.
Report akabula September 11, 2021 12:22 AM BST
Even polly is following the good lady.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com