Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
unitedbiscuits
07 May 21 17:27
| Topic/replies: 15,512 | Blogger: unitedbiscuits's blog
Even the name, I guess.

Maybe: Who wants to be identified as a skivvy?

Wherever you live, you have aspiration. For at least 40 years, the Daily Mirror has been losing out the Sun . Less smart, more earnest, less light touch. There's no point denying the cumulative effect of the right-wing press and their influence seems greater than before. But how do you make the civic case sexy?

I don't know.
Pause Switch to Standard View Why are Labour so unpopular?
Show More
Report metro john May 7, 2021 7:52 PM BST
Everything you see on TV is propaganda.   You must have a sense of humour to think we have any say at all?
Report Giuseppe May 7, 2021 7:55 PM BST
thats more than three
Report moisok May 7, 2021 7:56 PM BST
they won't even allow my post  and I am the only Labour party member on here - I will have to try again

however - I am on the leics   game v  newcie
Report lux May 7, 2021 8:28 PM BST
More interested in trangender bogs than in defending the interests of the people the party was set up to represent.
Report lux May 7, 2021 8:28 PM BST
*transgender
Report moisok May 7, 2021 10:08 PM BST
why labour unpopular?   -  most of the reps  politicos etc aren't normal or from round 'ere   or are completely unable to relate

look at kinnock the younger  - lived in europe  married to a danish politico and parachueted into a safe welsh seat

look at SIR starmer  - another parachuted into a safe seat from no where  - a failure at the Cps  etc

start there people
Report JML May 7, 2021 10:59 PM BST
I've been living in Wales during the lockdown and Labour are doing very well here.

It helps that Drakeford is by far the most popular leader.
Report Richie_Burnett May 8, 2021 12:05 AM BST
Not in WalesDevil
Report Just Checking May 8, 2021 12:10 AM BST
"More interested in trangender bogs than in defending the interests of the people the party was set up to represent."
^^^
This.

I'd say your average working class Northern voter would look at the absolute ridiculous woke bullshit in the Guardian and say "f//k right off man, what a shower of wankaz", whereeas the Labour Leadership would nod and agree and sip their Soy Latte.

There is a total disconnect. As a woman on the radio said earlier (former Labour voter I believe), it comes across as Labour HATE the working classes now, they have not respect, they consider them stupid ignorant bigots who don't understand the righteousness of intersectional critical race theory and why there are 5000 genders and anyone who disagrees is a NAZI.
Report Just Checking May 8, 2021 12:12 AM BST
I mean putting up a hardened remoaner in a seat that voted ... was it 70% leave I think I read?
It's like they have complete contempt for the electorate.

"Don't worry, they just don't know they are wrong, we'll get him in and they'll see the error of their stupid ways later".
Report Richie_Burnett May 8, 2021 12:23 AM BST
Toxic result in the Rhondda, Elizabeth 'Buffy' Williams flips Leanne WoodCry
Report JML May 8, 2021 12:46 AM BST
Ritchie---Drakeford may not be your favourite but don't you think he's more popular
than the other two.

Adam Price is off his head.
Report scandanavian_haven May 8, 2021 12:54 AM BST
Biggest issue is that the party has a real image problem, they need the likes of Thornberry and Abbott to fade out of the limelight, they've caused too much damage over the years for one reason or another, but it's can't happen so Starmer will have to plough on regardless, in the UK the centre is very important as it is in most western countries, unfortunately Corbyn was the centre antichrist and that passage of time still lingers, 2019 election provided the fewest mp's since 1935. Most voters are casual voters who turn up once every 5 years so image does help, the tories have Boris and Rees Mogg for charisma and personality, Labour pretty much have nobody, they let salty sounding, crusader type figures such as Long-Baily and Chuka umunna loose instead, they were neither mainstream or endearing, Miliband and Lammy also just seem to annoy people. Political anoraks wont like to hear such shallow talk of image over substance but Blair won 3 elections in row mainly thanks to Blair and his 'showmanship', and Prescott was very relatable to the average man on the street. Unfortunately Starmer is quite wooden albeit very competent

Degrading Boris week after week wont work either, you need to show that your party really is for the working man, and woman as that was supposed to be the unique selling point, bleating on and on about inclusion, diversity, anti-semitism and shouting CUTS from the rooftops doesn't work (as important as it obv is), they've tried all that.

They can start with social housing, governments cap the rents on housing association homes, so called 'affordable' homes, using annual Consumer Price Index figure set each year, they froze it for 4 years and then after that they all maxed out their rent caps as soon as it was unfrozen, needs scrapping, have a permanent and much lower cap more in line with council homes, if HA's don't like it, they wont get the government grants to build in the first place. Wouldn't rule out making right to buy a given with no strings attached i.e the 5 year discounting rule if they do make good ontheir 100,0001-150,000 a year new council home promise. Sounds Toryish but Thatcher locked in many voters for life and if your core voter is of an average income it makes sense to help them on the ladder as you will lock them in for life too.

That said, this makes up around 20% of the electorate atm but one thing that affects everyone is the dated council tax, around 40% of problems debts are because of it, needs scrapping or at the very least reforming to make it fairer, I think they've done it in Wales, then there's stamp duty for home owners, get rid, most constituencies are in the south, might as well target them as that's where it's most expensive to live.

The good news for Labour is that it's the Tories that will have to announce lots of tax rises in current times due to the pandemic and not them.

The name change is an interesting idea, but really you should be starting a whole new party so that it's one party and not a party within a party within a party, which is what it is now. Tories have an identity, Labour lost theirs.
Report casemoney May 8, 2021 12:57 AM BST
UB I hope you don't read the Sun but a quick glance will quickly show yo
u its not a Tory driven rag , A stain of a paper amazed it is still on sale
Report casemoney May 8, 2021 1:02 AM BST
Perhaps if Labour realized  that a few diverse cities do not make a country  they might get somewhere , The party has become entrenched in a progressive agenda and appears to have forgotten about 80 % of the population .Maybe they didn't think anyone would notice Laugh
Report Just Checking May 8, 2021 1:09 AM BST
I think I agree with 90% of what s_h says, who I believe is a leftie. All very sensible, reasonable, considered, how politics used to be, and should be.

See Edy, that could be you. Instead you'd just personally attack everyone above you, then deny you are trolling.

At least Edy has hope. "Call of a padded cell", not so much :)
Report dukeofpuke May 8, 2021 3:12 AM BST
The 'nutters' need to leave the 'Labour' party and then call themselves the UK communist party

Then just maybe a reformed Labour might in a 100 years time be of worth voting for
Report liberator of the oppressed May 8, 2021 6:41 AM BST
Starmer doesn't appear to get it brexit lingers with him leading I don't think they are electable to be fair inevitable they increase their share of seats my combo would be Abbot and Dodds with Corbyn as super sub and i'd draft Len in as manager the dream team they appeal to everybody. Regards Scotland I'd jettison them build a big wall and let them get on with it in time they will inevitably implode.
Report liberator of the oppressed May 8, 2021 6:47 AM BST
The Waitrose wallpaper thing didn't quite work in retrospect probably not the wisest thing was it I felt a tad uneasy when I saw it first time maybe that resonated with the good people of Hartlepool.
Report lfc1971 May 8, 2021 7:20 AM BST
The Labour Party doesn’t like England ( most aren’t English ) and that’s why England doesn’t like them - end of story
Report edy May 8, 2021 7:23 AM BST

May 7, 2021 -- 7:09PM, Just Checking wrote:

I think I agree with 90% of what s_h says, who I believe is a leftie. All very sensible, reasonable, considered, how politics used to be, and should be.See Edy, that could be you. Instead you'd just personally attack everyone above you, then deny you are trolling.At least Edy has hope. "Call of a padded cell", not so much :)

For someone overly concerned about people you perceive as trolls, you sure love to troll yourself. This is far from the first occasion.

Along with randomly attacking people.

Report edy May 8, 2021 7:24 AM BST
I mean, I had not even posted in this thread before you randomly went in on me.
Report Just Checking May 8, 2021 7:27 AM BST
blah blah blah. I don't randomly attack people.
You see Edy, once people perceive you for what you are, your "powers" go away.
Troll spray.
Report Just Checking May 8, 2021 7:29 AM BST
Yes and when someone doesn't bite first post you get frustrated, you add on more attempts as you've nothing better to do with your time.
Report edy May 8, 2021 7:29 AM BST
Again, I had not even posted on this thread.

As for me trolling. Sure, I tend to troll occasionally. Yesterday though you labeled posts a trolling that quite obviously weren't. Something you know all too well yourself. It was just very comfortable for you to mislabel them because it gave you an easier reason to dismiss them in order for you to not having to back up what very much looked like a blatant made up lie.
Report lfc1971 May 8, 2021 7:42 AM BST
Here are the words of Labours recent shadow chancellor John McDonnell :

‘ It’s about time we started honouring these people involved in the armed struggle
  It was bombs and bullets and sacrifice made by the likes of Bobby Sands that brought Britain to the negotiating table ‘

This is the Labour Party
Report edy May 8, 2021 7:55 AM BST
One more thing, Just Checking: I could indeed never be Scandinavian_Haven because I'm not a leftie. I have never voted for either SPD or Linke in Germany at any level of government, and I can assure you that I never in my entire life will vote for them. This is not because I abstain from voting either. I do vote every time I am given the chance. In the UK I'd rather shoot myself than vote Labour, frankly.

I told you yesterday already that your political compass seems to be miscalibrated. You misjudging and mislabeling me as a leftie further indicates it indeed is.
Report Just Checking May 8, 2021 7:56 AM BST
J M, didn't that fanatical pr1ck say he was trying to get into power to bring about the downfall of capitalism?
I'm sure that will always go down well with the plumbers of Basingstoke.
Report lfc1971 May 8, 2021 7:57 AM BST
When Ken Livingstone was mayor of London he had two women working with him at Mayoralty house London
who celebrated 9/11 as it was happening

This is the Labour Party
Report Just Checking May 8, 2021 8:12 AM BST
Tribal nutters would say that we "tories" will always hate Labour. Not true, I hate the current insane obnoxious bastards. I voted Labour in the past.

I personally WANT a good moderate Labour party that I might vote for, it keeps the Tories in check and is healthy. You don't want a one party state, you get Cuba/Russia/Scotland - where no amount of failure and policy lies leads to success.

However an Islington Set obsessed with bullshit like fanatical gender issues and BLM hateful racist theory, I'd rather cut my balls off than vote for them.
Report lfc1971 May 8, 2021 8:16 AM BST
When the U.K. voted to leave the EU ( most notably in England because it is England and the working classes in England that have had to pay the highest burden ) the Labour Larry refused to accept the result of that referendum and tried every means to overturn it
This, is the Labour Party
Report Just Checking May 8, 2021 8:28 AM BST
Also re the original EU (EEC) vote, the SNP were totally against the EU, and complained about being dragged into the EU by England "against Scotland's will". Funny how times change. And BTW that is fact, feel free to google if you don't believe it.
Report GAZO May 8, 2021 8:40 AM BST
is there any difference between them now,if you didnt know over the last 10/12 years you would say the government was labour not conservative
Report lfc1971 May 8, 2021 8:44 AM BST
Sinn Fein were the same jc  . On any given issue the SNP and Sinn Fein are guaranteed to be opposed to that of England and to side with almost any foreign country .
It’s a trailer of how things will be if they gain independence
Report lfc1971 May 8, 2021 8:52 AM BST
People are not opposed to the Labour Party in and of itself . Many agree with its basic principles
Unfortunately it is not the party ...but the people who make up and are part of that party
Not sure if anything can be done about that
Report lfc1971 May 8, 2021 9:07 AM BST
I could be wrong but have never heard one labour politician speak out in favour of Brexit ( I’m sure some must have )
Not Starmer , not Corbyn who like spent 40 years being anti the EU when Britain was part of the EU
and then after the vote to leave suddenly wasn’t
That tells us a lot right there
Report GAZO May 8, 2021 9:10 AM BST
you make it sound like conservatives are united on brexit
Report lfc1971 May 8, 2021 9:16 AM BST
Of course not ,  but they did to their credit , and were alone in being determined to respect the result of the referendum
Report GAZO May 8, 2021 9:23 AM BST
how have the others tried to stop it ?
Report lfc1971 May 8, 2021 9:26 AM BST
We’ve been over that ground many times gazo
Maybe you’re not listening , that could be the Labour party’s fault also Plain
Report differentdrum May 8, 2021 9:28 AM BST
I think it is worth saying that some of these Council seats are changing hands on just a 25% turnout. Is there a minimum requirement? 3/4 couldn't be bothered to vote. Perhaps Tories more likely to get their vote out? Also those still clinging to Corbyn perhaps not voting or wasting votes on what they see as more radical options on the ballot? Usually only one option if you are a Tory voter.

There were several Labour rebels who opposed Labour's general anti-Brexit stance. Thankfully, several lost their seats, or have been kicked into the long grass. Corbyn remained a fence sitter throughout. The Party has subsequently accepted Brexit, but although they have moved on, the public view hasn't. It seems they will be forever tarnished with daring to disagree with the not so Great British Public.
Report GAZO May 8, 2021 9:29 AM BST
not even just one way ?
Report frog1000 May 8, 2021 9:39 AM BST
Labour have not 'moved on' from Brexit.

Their instinct is to go running to the EU and not take control ourselves.

Starmer was pushing last year to sign up to get vaccines with the EU and not go it alone.

Starmer seems to believe we are better working as a 'block' than going it alone.

Had Starmer has his wish the successful vaccine roll out in the UK would never of happened.

You do not hear the SNP giving much thanks to Boris for this either.
Report lfc1971 May 8, 2021 9:42 AM BST
Typical really , it’s not a question of disagreeing on leave , remain everyone is entitled to their view
It’s a question of respecting those who voted leave and to do so
They refused to do so
Report lfc1971 May 8, 2021 9:48 AM BST
We know those who behaved so disgracefully would like to move on
But of course , they haven’t changed
Report Whisperingdeath May 8, 2021 10:00 AM BST
Good question UB

So many different answers. They’re is a terrible disillusionment with politics and politicians. People are giving up. What do the politicians do for us?
Report GAZO May 8, 2021 10:11 AM BST
the pub owner who kicked starmer out the pub showed me labour have trouble and won me some money on the hartlepool election,he was actually against conservatives but blamed labour for not being against them,throw in other things and its a long way back for them
Report Whisperingdeath May 8, 2021 10:18 AM BST
Health, homes and a decent living wage / quality of life.

Why is it so difficult for Labour to understand?
Report Whisperingdeath May 8, 2021 10:34 AM BST
And also and this is not a joke explain why they think the Conservatives are the party for workers now?
Report Eric.Cartman May 8, 2021 10:34 AM BST
Multiculuralism, a completely failed social experiment, 'the diversity illusion', but who cares, as it will single handedly keep the leftard half-wits from power for a generation..a small price to pay IMHO
Report boxingthefox May 8, 2021 11:16 AM BST
What is the Labour party?.  A disparate group of self-serving career politicians. Their mistaken belief that a broad cloaking of disparate thoughts with the language of 'wokeism'  will resemble a united party, is way off beam and fooling no one.

They have slowly eroded the tenets of this once fine party,  leaving a ragged disjointed mess lacking any semblance of cohesiveness.

McCluskey, is still n denial, supporting Corbynistic ideals of an outdated social, political, and economic idealogy that has no place in this country's aspirations in the modern world. Dinosaurs both, who left gaping holes in the party to be exploited by clusters of ethnic extremists. 

I won't waste a second on 'Sir' Starmer, I'll leave him to you guys. 'Labour' is dead. RIP.
Report Facts May 8, 2021 11:37 AM BST
Reading your comments I focussed on the word ' ragged '

Labour to me is  ' The Ragged Trousered Philanthropist '

Currently they are now miles apart.

My parents, who were life long Labour activists and Union leader through the 50's and 60 's and early 70's), ,must be turning in their graves Sad
Report boxingthefox May 8, 2021 11:47 AM BST
Facts, I had an interesting discussion with Len McCluskey just under 3 years ago, I thought him a thoroughly likeable, engaging sincere man, who has let time pass him by, imo.
Report boxingthefox May 8, 2021 11:51 AM BST
'The Ragged Trousered Philanthropist' An erudite observation.
Report sageform May 8, 2021 11:54 AM BST
There seems to be a big difference between the countries of the UK. I happened to listen to the chairman of the Welsh Conservatives yesterday who was very realistic about the situation. He said that he had realised months ago that the tories would do very well in England, Labour in Wales and SNP in Scotland as the public associated them with the success of the vaccine roll out. There is no doubt though that if England had elections for its own Government it would be 80% Conservative.
Report boxingthefox May 8, 2021 11:58 AM BST
Perhaps Labour should be re-branded the pushmi-pullyu party. Sad
Report saddo May 8, 2021 12:24 PM BST
Just Checking 07 May 21 23:10 
"More interested in trangender bogs than in defending the interests of the people the party was set up to represent."
^^^
This.

I'd say your average working class Northern voter would look at the absolute ridiculous woke bullshit in the Guardian and say "f//k right off man, what a shower of wankaz", whereeas the Labour Leadership would nod and agree and sip their Soy Latte.

There is a total disconnect. As a woman on the radio said earlier (former Labour voter I believe), it comes across as Labour HATE the working classes now, they have not respect, they consider them stupid ignorant bigots who don't understand the righteousness of intersectional critical race theory and why there are 5000 genders and anyone who disagrees is a NAZI.

A fair summary imo. Most working people will never think like the soy lovers, ever.
Report Whisperingdeath May 8, 2021 12:58 PM BST
There is a disconnect but anyone who thinks the Conservatives will improve things for ordinary people is deluded. This is not about the Tories though. Who have working people got to look after their interests? Nobody or themselves, divide and rule!
Report xmoneyx May 8, 2021 1:03 PM BST
mixed message

brexit
scottish indyref2
Report markzzz May 8, 2021 2:00 PM BST
I don't think that Labour are unpopular. I think that most people see a party with a leader who has less charisma than a plank of wood, who does very little other than criticise the Tories whilst offering no alternative policies. I think that they are seen as irrelevant rather than disliked.

What are Starmer's politics? Serious question, I have very little idea. He just has two modes of operation. Firstly, he says that Labour wouldn't have done what the Tories did (captain Hindsight). Secondly he attacks Boris for things which most of the electorate don't care about - such as Wallpapergate - most people (rightly or wrongly) don't see anything wrong in the PM having a nice flat, and don't see why somebody in his position can't have people help him out financially.

Politics isn't about attracting politically savvy people to your cause, it is about taking the hoi polloi with you.
Report liberator of the oppressed May 8, 2021 3:00 PM BST
The disconnect is the chief doesn't appear to get it bears no resemblance to working Hartlepool man or Hartlepool man on the sausage who cannot afford wallpaper who doesn't live in a posh house similarly those in the cabinet who send their kids to private school and suggest to the rest who don't have that spending power that comprehensives are best and then spout on about immigration and opening the doors to all without thought to our servcies and infrastructure or consequences and blame the cops or don't give a fig about crime and disorder wasn't that Labour geezer wanting workers to have slices of companies like cooperatives like in commie Russia then you think just where did it go wrong or our shadow secretary of state not knowing how many rozzers we had. Isn't rocket science. Burcow is their saviour best speaker ever better than Betty Boo he needs to stand up and lead from the front he is yer man he is a man of the people. Voters don't forget those brexit shenanigans easily it sticks the subterfuge the dishonesty the blocking of stuff and downright discontent.
Report Whisperingdeath May 8, 2021 6:02 PM BST
King o’ the North throws his hat into the ring!
Report Whisperingdeath May 8, 2021 6:18 PM BST
King o’ the North throws his hat into the ring!
Report Giuseppe May 8, 2021 6:22 PM BST
"on the sausage who cannot afford wallpaper who doesn't live in a posh house"

apart from the sausage part, that pretty much sums me up and i can tell you i wouldn't vote for keir starmer even if i could
Report scandanavian_haven May 8, 2021 6:50 PM BST
whispering, why did you make the same post 16 minutes apart?
Report Whisperingdeath May 8, 2021 6:58 PM BST
I’m not drunk Scandi. It must have been a technical error on my part!

Non intentional
Report differentdrum May 8, 2021 7:42 PM BST
Horrible hint of cockiness about Burnham. Says to camera he is backing Starmer. Really? I get the distinct impression that he sees himself as Labour's top man.
Report Whisperingdeath May 8, 2021 8:22 PM BST
Who cares?

Let the Northern Monkey have the poisoned chalice

Nothing will change. I fear democracy will fail. At some point we will have our revolution, but the counter revolution will come firstShocked

There will be blood!
Report sageform May 8, 2021 8:31 PM BST
Easy for Burnham in Manchester but how would he come across in Birmingham, Bristol, Exeter or even Hartlepool? Manchester and Liverpool are farther away from Mr and Mrs average Briton than Baghdad. They see the world in a totally different way.
Report unitedbiscuits May 8, 2021 8:34 PM BST
Angela Rayner now outside Starmer’s tent. That’s not good for Starmer. She would be my idea of next leader.
Report sageform May 8, 2021 8:37 PM BST
Really? She comes across as the housewife from hell to me.
Report unitedbiscuits May 8, 2021 8:54 PM BST
Angela Rayner is fiery. She stood in for Starmer at PMQs once - was treated sympathetically by Johnson, almost as if they were different species. Said everything about the advantage of privilege in this country. I shall try and find the link.

Good legs.
Report Foinavon May 8, 2021 8:58 PM BST
Angela Rayner? I'd be happy with that.
Report wolf3011 May 9, 2021 9:13 AM BST
Angela Rayner is a typical northern chav you would hate to live next door to - overbearing and obnoxious believing she is more intelligent than she actually is. She left school at 15 with no qualifications after becoming pregnant and it shows with her lack of vocabulary and crude communication skills. Obviously a few lonely sexually frustrated guys see her " good legs" as valid criteria for becoming leader of the government which says it all really- they would vote for the monster raving loony party if it had a remotely attractive female in charge of it. She was treated " sympathetically" by Johnson because she has the IQ of a flipflop and should be no where near any position of authority in any government.
Report lfc1971 May 9, 2021 9:22 AM BST
She dropped her knickers and became pregnant and had to leave school uneducated
Report lfc1971 May 9, 2021 9:25 AM BST
Maybe the next labour leader with Diane and Lammy  if kneeler is ousted ?
Report wolf3011 May 9, 2021 9:28 AM BST
Imagine a government in charge of finance, health, legislation etc led by a 15 year old school drop out with no credentials at all bar " good legs and being feisty".. who will be chancellor of the exchequer - maybe Nick Leeson or Basil brush?
Report unitedbiscuits May 9, 2021 9:47 AM BST
With respect, Labour need a party leader who will appeal to Labour voters. Her background is a positive contrast to the lying, privileged buffoon crook opposite. I don’t see her rise through adversity as a negative story. If she spoils the Sunday morning of the average sanctimonious conservative tugging his tiny slimy forelock in deference to an Eton old boy, that’s a bonus imo.
Report lfc1971 May 9, 2021 9:52 AM BST
That’s a very superficial attitude to take ub
no wonder the countries in a mess Sad
Report lfc1971 May 9, 2021 9:59 AM BST
In fairness I don’t know why she took the blame  , starkers should sack himself
Report Whisperingdeath May 9, 2021 11:19 AM BST
Maybe Labour will becomes the party of Austerity again?

Sort these free spending, public interventionists out!

Maybe Labour will be one the Party of Low Tax.
Report Foinavon May 9, 2021 11:34 AM BST
Maybe Labour will be flushed down the toilet which is what should happen to this noxious organisation. Rayner as leader would hasten the demise as surely as Swinson did for her party.
Report flat16 May 9, 2021 12:00 PM BST
Centre ground politics have always been popular in England ,Blair held it ,Boris holds it ,Starmer wants it but he brings with him baggage........ commies and the loons etc.
Of course the Conservatives have extremists also ,just quieter and better hidden.
Report 1st time poster May 9, 2021 12:04 PM BST
he didnt get time to expand on it but on newsnight the other night ,political journo stephen bush was saying how one of the biggest reasons for peoples change in votes,thinking was low interest rates
has anyone got any links to his articles on his thinking,
Report 1st time poster May 9, 2021 12:10 PM BST
i understand peoples dislike of so called woke but does that mean people in the likes of h,pool,burnley,blyth etc dont have people with transgender issues,racist issues,sexuality issues,mental issues etc or does it mean they do but they dont give a foook about them
Report moisok May 9, 2021 12:32 PM BST
None of you have any empathy for me and my position as a Labour member - probably the only one on betfair.  My party spends more time debating issues surrounding minority interests, playing those cards to silence debate and ignoring the interests of the majority -  There -  I have said it in one
Report differentdrum May 9, 2021 1:09 PM BST
I doubt very much that Starmer ever wanted to appoint Rayner. She was a just concession to the left. The mistake was the initial appointment. It should have been a total clearout. 

Starmer has consistently destroyed Johnson. Johnson treated Rayner with respect at question time because he would hardly want to come across as bullying her given their two backgrounds. Hard to think there is anyone who would think he would rather be facing Starmer than Rayner. She is good for a rant in tv interviews, but again nobody pulls her apart because of her background.
Report saddo May 9, 2021 1:14 PM BST
They will never erase the staged photo of the pair of toads kneeling for George. People will remember that.
Report mafeking May 9, 2021 1:32 PM BST
indeed. they ain't very good at photo ops to say the least. the embarrassing encounter with the landlord just showed how out of touch he is with the experiences of the working man (don't get me wrong tories just as bad on that score) and whoever thought it was a good idea to go to john lewis to look at wallpaper should have been sacked on the spot
Report differentdrum May 9, 2021 1:37 PM BST
That pub landlord was a total dick. He was shredded on breakfast tv the following morning. The only negative for Starmer was the reaction of the over zealous minders.
Report moisok May 9, 2021 1:42 PM BST
yes of course he was shredded  - by the woke 'police'  - just the sort that have infested Labour

now you know what it is like to be in the Labour party - a bit of sympathy and support in this dark time would be appreciated

and that pic of starmer going around with thick necked heavies  just did it for me   argh!!!!
Report unitedbiscuits May 9, 2021 1:55 PM BST
Starmer sacking Rayner must be one or the most clueless reactions to a problem ever. It's Starmer who ends up looking politically naive by trying to appear ruthless.

But Labour's problems won't be fixed by a change of leader anyway.
Report flat16 May 9, 2021 1:57 PM BST
Emily Thornberry MP Islington ,in North London the apparent HQ of this labour party , probably didn't help the "cause" when she appeared to mock the house and flags of "white van man" 2014 ,Not clever PR.
Report 1st time poster May 9, 2021 2:11 PM BST
he hasnt sacked her she was offered promotion but went on a pre planned belly aching leaking campaign and now gone under ground as truth emerges about the meeting
Report 1st time poster May 9, 2021 2:15 PM BST
camerons old area chipping norton 8,5% swing and win to labour,lib fem ousting tory council leader
worthing going labour
worthing oxford,cambridge,the west turning red /pink

when johsons new coalition start paying off covid bill,threatening triple lock etc,throwing money at new red wall tory seats ,they,ll continue to lose seats/votes /ground in the south
fun and games ahead
Report xmoneyx May 9, 2021 2:47 PM BST
British Electoral Politics
@electpoliticsuk
·
3m
NEW:

Members of the Cabinet think an early election could be called in spring 2023.
Report macarony May 9, 2021 3:08 PM BST
In his book Chavs Owen Jones quotes Tony Blair on his opinion of the working class, Blair said we don't have to worry about the working class they will always vote for Labour because they have nowhere else to go
Report mafeking May 9, 2021 3:13 PM BST
think nearly half blair's first cabinet were north east or scottish MPs. they don't hold a single one of those seats any more Shocked
Report 1st time poster May 9, 2021 3:16 PM BST
party claiming their taking seats off labour for taking voters for granted,planning on early election and taking voters for granted,sure scotts are well impressed no time for indy reff 2 we,re to busy discussing possible early election Laugh,
cash out before brexit/levelling up /covid bill have to begun to be paid
Report GAZO May 9, 2021 3:18 PM BST
why would anyone vote for labour in the current climate,the conservatives are giving out more money than anyone could imagine but the music is close to stopping
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com