Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobermory
07 Apr 21 18:58
| Topic/replies: 52,932 | Blogger: tobermory's blog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UliafnI8BRE

Blush

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 90
By:
Foinavon
When: 07 Apr 21 19:12
Run along dear and put the kettle on.
By:
casemoney
When: 07 Apr 21 19:27
Laugh
By:
boxingthefox
When: 07 Apr 21 19:40
Laugh
By:
impossible123
When: 07 Apr 21 20:01
If this does not make Mrs von der Leyen to tender her resignation she must have a thicker skin than Ms Dido the head honcho of the infamous Track and Trace Covid service. Mrs von der Leyen has been woeful for her role in the EU vaccine negotiation and procurement.
By:
moisok
When: 07 Apr 21 20:04
Erdogoon  comes from a society that has special treatment for women.

where is the guardian when you need it?
By:
Foinavon
When: 07 Apr 21 20:10
Love the Chelski shirts moisey, did they borrow them from Palace?
By:
impossible123
When: 07 Apr 21 20:12
Why was she there anyway? The head of the EU snubbed by Turkey. That spoke louder than words. Erdogan just did not give a damn, did he?
By:
saddo
When: 07 Apr 21 20:21
Bribe money extension, refugees no longer wanted.
By:
lfc1971
When: 07 Apr 21 20:25
very rude , EU shouldn’t be going anywhere near that horrible country anyway
By:
Wallflower
When: 07 Apr 21 20:26
impossible123 07 Apr 21 20:01 
If this does not make Mrs von der Leyen to tender her resignation she must have a thicker skin than Ms Dido the head honcho of the infamous Track and Trace Covid service. Mrs von der Leyen has been woeful for her role in the EU vaccine negotiation and procurement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeez wept - this clown's obsession with the EU is getting beyond parody.... and his phoney war with the EU. They are way past Brexit - and glad to see the back of us.

Seriously, why would one of the most powerful people in the world resign because of the pettiness of a tinpot dictator?

As for EU vaccination - if I was him I might just wait until the summer to see how things are going..... and will they keep supplying us as they have done to date - they are the world's largest exporter of vaccines.  In addition they have huge supplies from pfizer and the single dose J&J vaccine imminent.....  catching up rapidly, and working on proper full vaccination approach.
By:
saddo
When: 07 Apr 21 20:37
The tinpot dictator has these powerful people in his grip it would seem, an endless money stream.
By:
lfc1971
When: 07 Apr 21 20:38
I would love to see the British army move into there and depose Erdogan
By:
lfc1971
When: 07 Apr 21 20:43
Tell him straight , this is because you were rude to ms van der Leyden
By:
Giuseppe
When: 07 Apr 21 21:21
was this trip essential
By:
mecca
When: 08 Apr 21 00:37
She can come and sit on my lap whenever she wants ..... we could talk about whatever came up
By:
mecca
When: 08 Apr 21 00:38
Well maybe if she was 20 years younger
By:
edy
When: 08 Apr 21 01:04
The more important person in the EU got the seat. Dunno what some of you guys are making a fuzz about it really.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 08 Apr 21 01:15
is there an "order of precedence"?

is michel ranked higher?
By:
edy
When: 08 Apr 21 01:21
No, but I know that you know that the council is where decisions are really made.
By:
edy
When: 08 Apr 21 01:21
You are not like the Brits on here that know close to nothing about the EU.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 08 Apr 21 01:33
as a german (?) what is your opinion of von der leyen?

is she competent?
By:
edy
When: 08 Apr 21 01:54
She's generally competent and knows her stuff. Very well qualified academically and intellectually. Has a bit of a problem with accountability and there was some potentially shady stuff regarding advisory contracts during her tenure as defence secretary, but that shouldn't be held against her. You very quickly become a bad apple, an outcast, amongst conservative if you do not have some potentially shady financial crony stuff going on. She just wanted to belong with her conservative friends.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 08 Apr 21 01:58
you don;t blame her for equipment shortages in the german armed forces?
By:
edy
When: 08 Apr 21 02:01
That was already a problem long before she ever become defence secretary. I think she might have actually reduced the problem slightly (she had more money available to her).

Whether she really used the money efficiently, I'm not quite sure. As mentioned, there was some potentially shady stuff about costly advisor contracts. Maybe her predecessors would have used the available money more targeted for equipment.
By:
edy
When: 08 Apr 21 02:03
That said, I think the money simply hasn't been there for her or any of her recent-ish predecessors to satisfy the equipment desires of everybody in the military.
By:
detraveller
When: 08 Apr 21 06:30
Potato head let her down. Should have taken a stand for the girl.
By:
jucel69
When: 08 Apr 21 06:31

Apr 7, 2021 -- 8:33PM, Giuseppe wrote:

as a german (?) what is your opinion of von der leyen? is she competent?

Edy is not German, he's a fantasist who spends 24/7 on a betting forum....and doesn't even betLaugh

By:
jucel69
When: 08 Apr 21 06:32
She is a failed German Defence MP.                               
Handed over almost all control of German military to the EU.                               
Was not on the original EU spitzenkandidat ballot paper.                                
Had no manifesto or policies.                               
Did not speak in the EU Parliament as part of an election campaign.                                
Was appointed by the current European Council and was not elected by EU MEP's.
By:
markzzz
When: 08 Apr 21 06:37
^^ ......was not elected.....

Don't be surprised by that. The Eu has a long and proud history of appointing very senior staff without elections.
By:
edy
When: 08 Apr 21 06:44
Edy is not German, he's a fantasist who spends 24/7 on a betting forum....and doesn't even bet

Oh sweetiemuffins, I really, really can't with your naivety sometimes. I mean, I'm not surprised that you are astonishingly naive after some of the stuff you've baaed around on here, but it still never ceases to amaze me anew.

Who told you these "alternative facts" that you mindlessly baa around?
By:
edy
When: 08 Apr 21 06:50
You see, jucelchen, you can't just mindlessly repeat/baa around any ol' nonsense your favourite dubious folks on the internet tell you. You need to do your research and think for yourself. It is very important.
By:
saddo
When: 08 Apr 21 08:16
edy 08 Apr 21 01:21 
You are not like the Brits on here that know close to nothing about the EU.

We were never well informed by the media about the make up of EU rulers, how it works. Level upon level of them virtually unknown here. I think there was good reason for keeping us ignorant, we'd have been out sooner.
By:
edy
When: 08 Apr 21 08:21
Wasn't it primarily the anti-EU tabloids that kept you uninformed on structures? Or even purposefully lied to you about the structures and workings?
By:
jucel69
When: 08 Apr 21 08:22
Imagine pretending to be a German on a UK betting forum LaughLaughLaugh
By:
jucel69
When: 08 Apr 21 08:22
and not betting LaughLaughLaugh
By:
edy
When: 08 Apr 21 08:39
It's an Irish betting forum.
By:
edy
When: 08 Apr 21 08:40
You coincidentally forgot to answer

Who told you these "alternative facts" that you mindlessly baa around?

Happy
By:
lfc1971
When: 08 Apr 21 08:41
Mutti has lost the plot
By:
lfc1971
When: 08 Apr 21 08:45
Germany and France in lockdown , Britain reaches herd immmunity on monday
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show