Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
casemoney
31 Mar 21 11:12
| Topic/replies: 37,056 | Blogger: casemoney's blog
Close the TUNNEL IMO .
Pause Switch to Standard View FRANCE RETURNING TO LOCKDOWN
Show More
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 31, 2021 1:09 PM BST
Wow. I thought with the weather turning better, Covid was supposed to naturally vanish. 23 degrees in Paris today. I just don't understand it. It's almost like we do need the vaccines to beat this, and can't just wait for the temp to rise.
Report truehoncho March 31, 2021 1:41 PM BST
Deaths are not rising and have b=never been at the reported level we have had. France has continued with elective surgery throughout. The more you test the more you find.
Report feedthepony March 31, 2021 1:47 PM BST
This never ends - people need to wake up
Report SontaranStratagem March 31, 2021 1:50 PM BST
You give tyranical narcists a finger nail... they eat the family
Report Giuseppe March 31, 2021 2:23 PM BST
lot of people opposed to the vaccine in France too

i think it may be the highest number in europe

spirit of 1789 lives on Love
Report Giuseppe March 31, 2021 2:24 PM BST
France is probablt the second most civilised country in europe after italy, maybe tied with holland
Report casemoney March 31, 2021 3:22 PM BST
Makes u wonder whats going on over there , Does MACRON know more than he is saying ?
Report mafeking March 31, 2021 3:25 PM BST
see he's still odds on but he's made such a horlicks of things on covid must be chance he doesn't even make the final 2 for the election ?
Report truehoncho March 31, 2021 3:39 PM BST
I don't think he necessarily made a horlicks of it with covid. I think the way the media is, your damned if you do or damned if you don't. I think he did well keeping the hospitals going.
Report impossible123 March 31, 2021 4:47 PM BST
President Macron is another all fur coat no knickers leader. His leadership and behaviour in the vaccination programme and AZ debacle is akin to a despot of a nation in Africa ie egoistic and clueless.

Could one class what's happening in France and Germany about Covid jab as vaccine genocide? The dilly-dallying over there is tragically appalling and disrespectful to their country people.
Report mafeking March 31, 2021 5:08 PM BST
well it's certainly gonna cause thousands of utterly needless extra deaths

if we get back to nearly normal soon and i still think that's a big if with the government and sage seemingly desperate not to let go of any control over the population it's not gonna be a good look in france with 100s dying per day and them a long off getting back to normal
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 31, 2021 5:32 PM BST
Can only imagine imp's opinion of Johnson's dilly-dallying over locking down or not, re-opening to go to restaurants, re-opening to do your Christmas shopping etc. Wonder if the word genocide will be used.
Report Cider March 31, 2021 6:53 PM BST
I realise you probably try to eliminate it from your consciousnesses, but where do you feel the resources come from to pay for things like health services and welfare?
Report Cider March 31, 2021 7:00 PM BST
I'm sure Italy was one of the earliest countries lock down in 2020. I'm sure over a year on, they are reporting daily positive deaths of around 500, and daily positive tests around 20000. I'm sure everyone thinks Italy has very good healthcare. According to worldometer, their reported deaths rates will be passing the UK very soon. If only they had locked down sooner, harder, faster, longer....
Report Dotchinite March 31, 2021 7:11 PM BST
Lockdowns work its removing them that causes the problems. Johnson will soon tell you what the solution to that dilemma is.
Report Cider March 31, 2021 7:19 PM BST
They work in the sense that they reduce the spread of the virus but only postpone the covid damage. Have a look at Poland's graphs.

However the overall cost of lockdown is not paid off by the delaying of covid damage.

The vaxes do change the equation, but, as we are experiencing, the government find it very hard indeed to unwind the interventions. We will never be back to normal, but are you confident that social distancing won't persist? I'm certainly not.
Report impossible123 March 31, 2021 8:16 PM BST
Why did lockdown in Wuhan work? The obedient nature of the population perhaps plus the barbaric Chinese government.
Report Coachbuster March 31, 2021 8:41 PM BST

Mar 31, 2021 -- 7:09AM, PorcupineorPineapple wrote:

Wow. I thought with the weather turning better, Covid was supposed to naturally vanish. 23 degrees in Paris today. I just don't understand it. It's almost like we do need the vaccines to beat this, and can't just wait for the temp to rise.

will take more than a brief spell...maybe a weeks worth of blue skies  Paris also hit the vitamin D barrier as from today ( will be here in a couple of days or so as it edges up very, very slowly )  Penzance the first town to get vitamin D ,Lerwick the very last)

vIT d HORMONE Will hIt  the virUs hArd like LaST yEar,the it suddenly came back as the D window shut up shop...people with low levels of this hormone at greater risk

Report PorcupineorPineapple March 31, 2021 8:44 PM BST
Ok. How about we wait until the numbers come down and you tell us how you were right all along.

Thats's how it works, isn't it.
Report nineteen points March 31, 2021 9:11 PM BST
france,with a 12% take up of the vaccine are now copying our govts tactic of coercion.they will lock them down until they get their jabs.the french public have lots more backbone than us.this could get very interesting.
Report Giuseppe March 31, 2021 9:16 PM BST
VIVE LA FRANCE
Report impossible123 April 1, 2021 9:30 PM BST
Courtesy of President Macron the egoistic lightweight leader of France.
Report Giuseppe April 1, 2021 9:32 PM BST
he's not really the leader, just a front for the lizards
Report moisok April 1, 2021 9:53 PM BST
believing in prophets may be a problem
Report Giuseppe April 1, 2021 9:54 PM BST
i wish i could make some prophet, absolutely broke Sad
Report impossible123 April 1, 2021 9:59 PM BST
'moisok', do not get me started. Religion of peace? Self-proclaimed by those with vested interest or universally accepted by all? Just look at the region where this religion is manifested? Peace for all, or utter chaos in some. Why? Neighbourly disputes or conflicts seem to be the norm. Otherwise loads would not be seeking pastures new elsewhere.
Report Giuseppe April 1, 2021 10:54 PM BST
France has vaccinated 12% of its population

surely if the case numbers go through the roof this will put a big dent in those who will actaully die?

presumably that's most of the over 75s done already?
Report Giuseppe April 1, 2021 10:57 PM BST
France posted 50k positive tests today

that should translate to 1k deaths in a couple of weeks

but surely that 12% will reduce the deaths a good bit below 1k?

UK had lots of days well over 1k
Report Giuseppe April 1, 2021 10:59 PM BST
in ireland 79% of deaths have been people aged 75 or over

France must have vaccinated most of these people already

the daily deaths shouldn't go that high
Report Giuseppe April 1, 2021 11:00 PM BST
they are currently on about 300 deaths a day

it's not the apocalypse
Report impossible123 April 4, 2021 9:16 PM BST
Whose "clever" idea was it not to vaccinate the elderly eg over 65 with AZ as a priority? The consequence of today is there for all to see.
Report Giuseppe April 4, 2021 9:21 PM BST
another 185 deaths today in France

when will this covid holocaust end?
Report impossible123 April 4, 2021 9:28 PM BST
When President Macron goes. Would President Macron, if this was the ultimatum? His ego is too big for his head to cash-in ie he likes to think he knows it all.
Report Giuseppe April 4, 2021 9:29 PM BST
point is moot: will be no one left alive in France by then at this rate
Report impossible123 April 4, 2021 9:58 PM BST
France has not reached its Covid peak yet maybe another 2/4 weeks. Their previous peak period recorded a daily death rate of over 1.5k for about 3/4 weeks. If so, France could have more Covid deaths than the UK.
Report Giuseppe April 4, 2021 10:06 PM BST
i wonder will the fact most vulnerable people in france are vaccinated have any impact on the deaths
Report impossible123 April 4, 2021 10:11 PM BST
It does, and using the UK as a guide the death rates for the rest will increase until they are vaccinated. Even then it will be at least 21/28 days post vaccination before a reduction rate is likely. More grim stats to come for France.
Report Giuseppe April 4, 2021 10:12 PM BST
if only they had started vaccinating months ago
Report impossible123 April 4, 2021 10:19 PM BST
If France have started vaccinating the old dears (not under 55) the picture would be less painful. Also, the blood clots were mainly seen in the younger age group esp women.

I believe what happened to Bojo - he nearly kicked-the-bucket - has sunk in hence the present cautious easing eg 5 weeks' period between each phase. On the other hand President Macron was still Covid sleep-walking eg evening curfew, when the UK was in lockdown with vaccination programme in earnest.
Report Giuseppe April 4, 2021 10:21 PM BST
France's handling of covid has been a disaster

apparently Macron has had telephone calls with Boris asking for advice
Report shiny new shoes please April 4, 2021 10:23 PM BST
Common travel with Europe lockdown or not ExcitedLaugh
Report impossible123 April 4, 2021 10:32 PM BST
I hope so. Deaths are too pricey for pride. I think the EU and UK need to let bygones be bygones for Covid.
Report Giuseppe April 4, 2021 10:33 PM BST
why has the UK been so successful in keeping deaths per capita low in your opinion?
Report impossible123 April 4, 2021 11:03 PM BST
The elderly and vulnerable were the main victims of Covid, and only lockdown had had a positive, but expensive and slow progress. I believe once the data showed vaccines reduced hospitalisations then death rates it was clear vaccines were the most effective way of managing Covid spread. As such, the next non-vaccinated group would be more acceptance to Covid measures until vaccination. The longer this happened the lesser likely of deaths and hospitalisations.

But, I think a return to higher deaths and hospitalisations is inevitable if vaccinations are severely disrupted or curtailed eg 2nd dose unable to be administered, and the younger ones complacent to Covid measures; herd immunity is not achievable at least until 70/75% are vaccinated, I believe. Even then there would be new infections esp in specific areas eg care home/pubs/sports venues (mainly indoors), etc, if care/servive providers are not vaccinated; vaccines efficacies are not 100%.
Report Giuseppe April 4, 2021 11:14 PM BST
90% protection isn't enough

we should be aiming for much higher than that, such a target is achievable, and we should keep restrictions in place in the meantime
Report lapsy pa April 4, 2021 11:42 PM BST
Very fortunate position for the UK to be in currently,ought to hold and hope it does.
Report Giuseppe April 4, 2021 11:48 PM BST
there were covid deaths in ireland again today, three i think
Report lapsy pa April 4, 2021 11:55 PM BST
If you go the cases route and take Ireland multiply by 15 as population roughly the uk would be having 200 against Irelands 450,that was why i said the fortunate in last post, won;t it be great if it keeps at least stagnant and better go down? It shows an end imo some time.
Report Giuseppe April 4, 2021 11:59 PM BST
yeah it would be great if we had less than 3 deaths a day

how long will this wave of death last?
Report Giuseppe April 4, 2021 11:59 PM BST
3 deaths a day would be ONE THOUSAND a year

can you imagine
Report lapsy pa April 5, 2021 12:00 AM BST
Every day is different.
Report Giuseppe April 5, 2021 12:01 AM BST
i recon if we locked down for another six moths we might be able to get it down to 1 or 2
Report Giuseppe April 5, 2021 12:01 AM BST
i hope the government doesn't sacrifice lives in order to reopen
Report lapsy pa April 5, 2021 12:05 AM BST
Well France,Poland,Ukraine, and a rake of others have big problems,they would swap places no prob.
Report Giuseppe April 5, 2021 12:09 AM BST
yes France had 185 deaths today

that would be like 15 in ireland

no wonder they're back in lockdown

this is a pubic health emergency the likes of which we've never experienced
Report truehoncho April 5, 2021 2:28 PM BST
this is a pubic health emergency the likes of which we've never experienced  --  Nonsense, flu kills as many every few years.
Report moisok April 5, 2021 9:11 PM BST
it is not deaths   it is also the amount of damage it can do to you without killing you
Report boxingthefox April 5, 2021 9:24 PM BST
I've been to France, more than once, because of my French girlfriend. What a fckin shower.
have no wish to ever engage with them again. If you have not been there then STFU.
Thank you. Love
Report Giuseppe April 5, 2021 9:25 PM BST
long covid has the scientists perplexed

we shouldn't get too cavalier in opening up until medical experts fully understand this widespread affliction, which is currently affecting 1 million people in the UK
Report boxingthefox April 5, 2021 9:31 PM BST
G, I have had ALL the long covid symptoms, Since 1994, as have many. It wasn't newsworthy then, apparently??. They're fckin idiots. Trust none of them.
Report boxingthefox April 5, 2021 9:34 PM BST
When an old man dies, a library burns to the ground.
Report Giuseppe April 5, 2021 9:38 PM BST
who knows what the long term consequences of this unique virus will be

we can't be too careful!
Report boxingthefox April 5, 2021 9:43 PM BST
G, it's not that new!.
Report Giuseppe April 6, 2021 1:29 PM BST
197 deaths yesterday

hope you're watching uk

this is what could happen to you too, if you open up too early
Report HGS April 6, 2021 1:32 PM BST
Too early? Been shut for months. What was the score in Europe regarding lockdown. Have they been shut down since November like us?
Report Giuseppe April 6, 2021 1:38 PM BST
do you want to end up like france mate?

i hear the hospitals there are near breaking point
Report nineteen points April 6, 2021 2:15 PM BST
it depends on what you mean by breaking point.

the hospital quoted on national tv as having icu beds at full 100% capacity,had 8 icu beds.there was hundreds of unused beds doing nothing but that didnt fit the fear agenda
Report truehoncho April 6, 2021 2:18 PM BST
exactly 19. Also they maintained a high level of elective procedures where we cancelled them all (other than urgent).
Report Giuseppe April 6, 2021 2:19 PM BST
whatever it is mate, they are on the verge of it
Report HGS April 6, 2021 2:24 PM BST
I was just curious as to how France and other countries fared last few months. Have they been shut down since November like England or not? Surely the UK is in a better place with the vax totals here.
Report Giuseppe April 6, 2021 2:28 PM BST
they weren't shut down, but many are now

overall, deaths per capita lower than UK

UK has the worst deaths per capita of the large european countries, though some medium sized countries (belgium and czech rep) are considerably worse
Report Giuseppe April 6, 2021 2:30 PM BST
i think the vax numbers are a bit of red herring

once you go beyond 15% most vulnerable people should now be vaccinated

ireland, germany etc. are near this point and that is what will keep deaths down
Report HGS April 6, 2021 2:34 PM BST
If they were not shut down, how can we be opening too soon with regards to them? Think we have been shut long enough.
Report impossible123 April 6, 2021 8:44 PM BST
The UK twin strikers ie vaccination (esp of the elderly/vulnerable) and lockdown have massively reduced death and hospitalisation rates during the last 3 months. In the same period France had an evening to dawn curfew but business as usual otherwise with little vaccination esp amongst the elderly and vulnerable.

I believe it will be another 2/3 months, perhaps even longer, if their vaccination does not pick up pace before their present scenario will show a massive improvement, assuming France can procure the necessary vaccines.
Report Giuseppe April 6, 2021 9:47 PM BST
their present nightmare scenario of less than 200 deaths a day, with the vulnerable population all vaccinated
Report Giuseppe April 6, 2021 9:48 PM BST
here's hoping it improves soon
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 12, 2021 10:53 AM BST
Sweden back to the top of the charts of infections per population across Europe. A full 20% ahead of the team in second.

(awaits barrage of responses about why this doesn't actually matter and, anyway, they've done a boss job!)
Report lfc1971 April 12, 2021 12:08 PM BST
Chinese vaccine isn’t working they admit in rare moment of truth
Report Giuseppe April 12, 2021 12:47 PM BST
porcy what stat is that for sweden?

new cases per day? how many are there?

% of the population currently infected?

sweden has done a good job

their economy took less of a hit and their death numbers are only average for europe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_death_rates_by_country
Report Giuseppe April 12, 2021 12:50 PM BST
porcy where did you read abut sweden?

isn't it interesting that the media never misses an opportunity to knock sweden?
Report Giuseppe April 12, 2021 12:52 PM BST
France is currently on 3-400 deaths a day by the way which is a quarter of what the UK was posting a couple of months ago
Report Giuseppe April 12, 2021 12:55 PM BST
sweden has vaccinated 13.4% of the population, which should cover most of the vulnerable, there shouldn't be a huge number of deaths regardless of how many cases
Report shiny new shoes please April 12, 2021 1:11 PM BST
March 31, 2021 9:11 PM BST
Indeed .. E.u. Citizens like freedom of choice
Report SontaranStratagem April 12, 2021 1:29 PM BST

Apr 12, 2021 -- 6:52AM, Giuseppe wrote:

France is currently on 3-400 deaths a day by the way which is a quarter of what the UK was posting a couple of months ago

And yet for some reason the media never banged on about it, unlike last April where they set up a timeslot in the afternoon to make it "breaking news" to scare the living the c*ap out of people. They had Sky walking round morgues last April ffs

Yet this winter when it was 1500 a day... nothing

PlainCrazyLaugh

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com