Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
akabula
27 Mar 21 23:01
| Topic/replies: 42,442 | Blogger: akabula's blog
Latest to join are Kenny MacAskill and Cori Wilson.
Pause Switch to Standard View The Alba Party
Show More
Report Shrewd_dude March 31, 2021 2:46 PM BST
Do you think PP will actually answer who he considers isn't dross?
Report feedthepony March 31, 2021 3:01 PM BST
I'd imagine with him being a Tory the list of SNP he considers dross will be substantial - give him time
Report Shrewd_dude March 31, 2021 3:08 PM BST
I don't think he will. I think we can all presume that his usual view will be that anyone who leaves the SNP becomes dross or an X, Y, Z thereafter.
Report politicspunter March 31, 2021 3:14 PM BST
You can presume but don't be so presumptuous to assume you speak for anyone else.
Report Shrewd_dude March 31, 2021 3:26 PM BST
We should maybe start a game where we list SNP MP's and guess what PP would say about them after they have defected to Alba.

E.g

Joanna Cherry = Transphoboic bigot with outdates views who was holding the party back
Ian Blackford = Fat bloated sausage muncher who was an embarassment and good to be rid of.
Report politicspunter March 31, 2021 3:27 PM BST
You can presume but don't be so presumptuous to assume you speak for anyone else.
Report xmoneyx March 31, 2021 6:20 PM BST
alba

Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh

been in more parties than hot dinners

every political spektram
Report politicspunter March 31, 2021 6:35 PM BST
Ah, the losing incumbent from one of my best constituency wins in 2017, Ochil and South Perthshire. Can't see why she will encourage anyone to the predator party.
Report xmoneyx March 31, 2021 9:45 PM BST
list gets u a seat low percentage
Report politicspunter March 31, 2021 9:48 PM BST
She is in the Central Scotland region and she is going to have to get at least 7% of the vote I reckon. That will be tough.
Report xmoneyx March 31, 2021 9:52 PM BST
if alba only get 6% an let tories in, will kill the party stone dead
Report akabula March 31, 2021 9:53 PM BST
PP calling the ALBA party the Predator party.
What then PP would the party you obviously love and adore, the SNP?
I give you Patrick Grady - Mark McDonald - Angus B McNeil - Stewart Hosie - Derek Mackay - for starters.
What sort of party is that?
Report Shrewd_dude March 31, 2021 10:02 PM BST
Ah, the losing incumbent from one of my best constituency wins in 2017, Ochil and South Perthshire.

All bets posted in advance of course.
Report politicspunter March 31, 2021 10:04 PM BST
You have been told repeatedly that I didn't join the forum until 2018. Click on my username if you don't believe me.
Report Shrewd_dude March 31, 2021 10:13 PM BST
Ahhh, your post reminds me of the 2018 Grand national where I had my biggest ever win on Tiger Roll.

All bets posted in advance unless they aren't.
Report akabula March 31, 2021 10:13 PM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujePAmm5uK4

The SNP at its worst.
Not suitable for a group of adults to discuss but being taught to our children.
What are your comments about this PP. You got a new name for them?
Report politicspunter March 31, 2021 10:16 PM BST

Mar 31, 2021 -- 4:13PM, Shrewd_dude wrote:

Ahhh, your post reminds me of the 2018 Grand national where I had my biggest ever win on Tiger Roll. All bets posted in advance unless they aren't.

What don't you understand ? If I wasn't a forum member until 2018, why do you think I would be able to post bets that were in 2017?

Report akabula March 31, 2021 10:23 PM BST
PP taking Princess Amnesias line of defence and pretending he cannot remember posting as Meadows.
Report politicspunter March 31, 2021 10:23 PM BST
Feel free to post any of Meadows posts which you say I made.
Report Shrewd_dude March 31, 2021 10:26 PM BST
I just find it funny. You regularly post "all bets posted in advance as usual" however just as regularly drop your the big wins in to conversations that you couldn't post in advance because you were not a forum member (under your current guise) at the time.
Report politicspunter March 31, 2021 10:29 PM BST
To make it simple for you alone, perhaps I should say " all bets posted in advance as usual while I have been a member" ?
Report akabula March 31, 2021 10:36 PM BST
When you first appeared you quoted Meadows from a thread that had been removed prior to you adopting your current name.
You also took over from where Meadows left off by attacking me and Trilby over Scotsgold by calling us scammers albeit I'd never posted anything about it.
Report politicspunter March 31, 2021 10:38 PM BST
Total drivel. Feel free to post anything at all from Meadows that you say that I posted please?
Report akabula March 31, 2021 10:42 PM BST
You're like Sturgeon and nobody other than the cults brainwashed followers believe her.
Report politicspunter March 31, 2021 10:44 PM BST
Well, go ahead and post some of Meadows contributions that you seem adamant that I posted please?
Report akabula March 31, 2021 10:44 PM BST
What will your next name be?
I'm guessing it will be Jim Carrey.
Report feedthepony March 31, 2021 10:45 PM BST
I can think of 3 Meadows:

the large public park in Edinburgh where layabout students doss about.

a nice big field

a scummy junior football team from rancid Irvine in Ayrshire
Report Shrewd_dude March 31, 2021 10:47 PM BST
To make it simple for you alone, perhaps I should say " all bets posted in advance as usual while I have been a member" ?

Perhaps you should once more clarify your definition of aftertiming. Most of us on here haven't met mates for several months or a year. I doubt we'll all be dropping our big wins in to conversations when we do meet them whilst with a straight face saying "all my bets I've told you about in advance".

You're a blatant aftertimer.
Report akabula March 31, 2021 10:48 PM BST
Thats his team
Report politicspunter March 31, 2021 10:53 PM BST
This looks like a good opportunity to make my new posting info.

Lay All4Unity to win any seat. All bets posted in advance while I have been a member (so that Shrewd_Dude can understand it).

There you go, Shrewd Dude, is that clear and simple enough for you?
Report feedthepony March 31, 2021 10:55 PM BST
I mind them playing the Hibs about a decade ago in the Scottish cup - Leith boozers swarming with them
Report Shrewd_dude March 31, 2021 10:55 PM BST
As long as you throw in a few aftertimes about big winning pre 2018 bets whilst saying you post all your bets in advance as usual I will certainly be amused.
Report Shrewd_dude March 31, 2021 10:57 PM BST
Leith boozers swarming with them

They're usually swarming with things anyway.
Report politicspunter March 31, 2021 10:57 PM BST
I will post this from now on with all my bets so you can understand them, ok?

All bets posted in advance while I have been a member (so that Shrewd_Dude can understand it).
Report feedthepony March 31, 2021 10:59 PM BST
Seen plenty sights in Lethiopia
Report Shrewd_dude March 31, 2021 11:03 PM BST
I will post this from now on with all my bets so you can understand them, ok?

All bets posted in advance while I have been a member (so that Shrewd_Dude can understand it).

Why not just stop posting things like "all bets posted in advance as per usual" and then if you drop in an occasional historic aftertimer thats suddenly come to mind people will let you off with the occasional aftertime?
Report politicspunter March 31, 2021 11:07 PM BST
It's ok. As long as you can understand that post, I will use it from now on.
Report akabula March 31, 2021 11:08 PM BST
Okay Meadows, we'll hold you to that.
Report politicspunter March 31, 2021 11:09 PM BST
Feel free to post anything from Meadows that you say I posted, anything at all please?
Report akabula March 31, 2021 11:14 PM BST
Would be easier for you.
Report politicspunter March 31, 2021 11:15 PM BST
Feel free to post anything from Meadows that you say I posted, anything at all please? Still waiting...
Report akabula March 31, 2021 11:17 PM BST
Would be easier for you Meadows.
Report politicspunter March 31, 2021 11:19 PM BST
Feel free to post anything from Meadows that you say I posted, anything at all please? Still waiting...
Report akabula March 31, 2021 11:22 PM BST
This is typical Meadows behaviour.
If you didn't respond to his questions he repeated them parrot fashion over and over.
Easily trapped Arfur.
Report politicspunter March 31, 2021 11:24 PM BST
Well, in that case there must be thousands of his posts on here. Feel free to post any you say that are mine please.
Report akabula March 31, 2021 11:27 PM BST
Well, in that case there must be thousands of his posts on here. Feel free to post any you say that are mine please.

They would all be yours. Laugh
Report akabula March 31, 2021 11:35 PM BST
Meadows wasn't very bright either.
Report Shrewd_dude March 31, 2021 11:49 PM BST
Meadows wasn't very bright either.

Don't say that. He will end up getting the thread removed for you being abusive.
Report akabula April 1, 2021 9:04 AM BST
Launch a disaster. Failed to register properly and too late to amend.
Can't use logo or Salmonds name on the paper.
Report politicspunter April 1, 2021 9:26 AM BST
Can't use logo or Salmonds name on the paper.

That could be helpful to them Grin
Report mmmalushka April 1, 2021 10:00 AM BST
For betting purposes only, zero chance that the A4U Party will win a seat,currenty 1.07 to lay for bawbees on smarkets.Alba I backed at 7 to win a seat and layed at 1.64,will be much more liquidity when the next polls come out.Alba currently 1.64 to back 1.69 to lay to win a seat.
Report politicspunter April 1, 2021 10:06 AM BST
Alba at 7 looks a great price now. Who was that with please?
Report mmmalushka April 1, 2021 10:13 AM BST
SMARKETS
Report politicspunter April 1, 2021 10:14 AM BST
Thank you.
Report feedthepony April 1, 2021 10:29 AM BST
That 7 to win a seat or 7 to not win a seat?
Report feedthepony April 1, 2021 10:30 AM BST
7 to win would be massive as surely Salmond a tap in whichever one he choses to be top of?
Report mmmalushka April 1, 2021 10:31 AM BST
Apologies it was a4u I backed in error for a tenner getting mixed up with all these parties ffs
Report feedthepony April 1, 2021 10:36 AM BST
Not using anythng scientific to back this up - just my own common sense.

These new parties will disapear into non existence after a poor showing (Only Salmond, and an outside chance of Galloway, will get in).

Tories will stay the same - Tories ain't voting for anyone else but Ross is totally unelectable for non-Tories

Labour will make the gains and return as a force in Scotland now the crazies have gone and they have a leader people can like.

SNP will win without a majority but their lead and share will have been reduced significantly by Labour.
Report mmmalushka April 1, 2021 10:39 AM BST
I have laid a4u at odds 1.09 to 1.13 not to win a seat,and have laid alba at 1.64 not to win a se.at
Report politicspunter April 1, 2021 10:45 AM BST
I think Labour will make some progress but it's very difficult for it to be significant in terms of seats. If they were to win the three constituency seats I mentioned on the other main Holyrood thread (East Lothian, Dumbarton, Edinburgh Southern) then they would probably lose an MSP from the respective regional list for these constituencies. Sarwar will be trying to increase their MSPs but possibly more importantly, overtake the tories for second place, thus ensuring as the main opposition in Parliament, he gets first replies at questions.
Report mmmalushka April 1, 2021 10:47 AM BST
FFS for laid read backed,CONFUSED.COM .

Salmond and Galloway finished as politicians imo
Report xmoneyx April 1, 2021 6:16 PM BST
Exclusive polling puts Alba Party on 3%… https://thecourier
Report xmoneyx April 1, 2021 6:22 PM BST
Alex Salmond’s hopes of returning to frontline politics and securing a “supermajority” for independence at May’s Holyrood election are doomed,  shock new Alba Party polling has suggested.

The Survation poll, carried out exclusively for DC Thomson, found the former first minister’s pro-independence party, Alba Party, to be seriously lagging behind the other major parties – with only 3% of Scots saying they would offer support at the ballot box.
Report xmoneyx April 1, 2021 6:25 PM BST
The poll also returned some eyebrow-raising results for Salmond himself, with 71% of Scots viewing him unfavourably – closest figure to Salmond in terms of unpopularity is Boris Johnson, who is viewed unfavourably by 56% of Scots
Report politicspunter April 1, 2021 6:32 PM BST
Scottish parliament voting intention(s):

Constituency:
SNP: 49% (-1)
CON: 21% (-)
LAB: 20% (-)
LDEM: 9% (+1)

List:
SNP: 37% (-2)
LAB: 19% (-1)
CON: 18% (-1)
GRN: 11% (-)
LDEM: 8% (+1)
ALBA: 3% (+3)

via
@Survation

Chgs. w/ 18 Mar
Report politicspunter April 1, 2021 6:33 PM BST
Salmond is totally busted if that poll is accurate. He will need more than double that support in order to have a chance of winning a seat.
Report politicspunter April 2, 2021 4:40 PM BST
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-says-alex-salmonds-23843219?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Salmond now claiming that his party should be included in TV debates. A party with no MSPs, who are not standing in the constituency list and who have just polled at 3% in the Regional  list? Come on, give us a break here, it's nearly as bad as George Galloways lot except they are polling at virtually zero as far as I can make out.
Report LoyalHoncho April 2, 2021 7:32 PM BST
Thanks for your posts politics punter.  Always informative.
Report San Quentin April 2, 2021 7:34 PM BST
If course his party(Alex) should be included in any debate.Why not?
Report politicspunter April 2, 2021 7:37 PM BST
Simply because his party haven't met the minimum requirement to take part, either via seats or through polling intention.
Report San Quentin April 2, 2021 7:58 PM BST
Absolute rubbish pp as you well know, absolutely zero legal reason.Please stop spouting your opinions.
Report politicspunter April 2, 2021 9:11 PM BST
I never suggested there was a legal reason. The decision on who takes part is made by the broadcaster with the guidance of Ofcom. As I mentioned earlier, normally the parties invited are the ones with parliamentary representation and/or a consistently high opinion poll intention. Alba currently cannot be considered to qualify on that guidance.
Report akabula April 2, 2021 11:59 PM BST
How the launch went

https://twitter.com/i/status/1377305841926295555
Report LoyalHoncho April 3, 2021 12:05 AM BST
42,302.  Pieces of rubbish.  And counting.
Report akabula April 3, 2021 12:10 AM BST
I forgot you had patented the right to posting rubbish.
And I have to concede that your rubbish is far more rubbishy than mine.
Report politicspunter April 3, 2021 5:36 PM BST
The poll with the predator party at 3% now published in full. Their best chance of a seat is in the North East region (6%). They also poll at 5% in Central Scotland and West Scotland. They are at 4% in South Scotland and the rest of the regions they are nowhere. Galloways All4Unity party is polling at 0.0% in South Scotland where Galloway is their lead candidate Laugh
Report keyboard_line April 3, 2021 6:18 PM BST
The 'all over for salmond' headlines may have been premature, presumably an attempt to kill them off from the start. If they're polling at 6% in north east that must be knocking on the door for a seat, I'd guess support would be more likely to go up than down as the election gets closer. Can say the i'd guess 20-25k people needed to get him in vote for him, who knows, pretty gross all round again.
Report politicspunter April 3, 2021 6:51 PM BST
The North East region with the predator is their best chance of a seat I reckon also. I am not convinced his share of the vote will start going up though.
Report politicspunter April 3, 2021 6:55 PM BST
As an example, I know someone who believes the tories are massively underestimated in that region and he believes a number of constituencies will fall to them. If that happens, the SNP will chalk up a lot of list seats.
Report thegiggilo April 3, 2021 7:41 PM BST
Imagine if feedthepony and the other loons were'nt voting for george they'd be in the minus..Grin
Report politicspunter April 3, 2021 8:13 PM BST
George, the **** in the hat, says he only needs 20,000 votes to win a regional list seat in South Scotland, so I make that erm, roughly erm, 20,000 short at the moment.
Report politicspunter April 3, 2021 8:14 PM BST
t w a t
Report San Quentin April 3, 2021 10:17 PM BST
Please not just apologize pp but say SORRY.
Report xmoneyx April 4, 2021 2:02 PM BST
The Proclaimers are urging their fans to “vote Alba on your list vote”.
Report politicspunter April 4, 2021 2:03 PM BST
Are they really? Maybe the predator has more supporters than at first thought. Not amongst women though.
Report xmoneyx April 4, 2021 2:11 PM BST
proclaimers family ties with Jim sillars
Report thegiggilo April 4, 2021 2:23 PM BST
Surely thats just another reason not to vote for Alba,The Proclaimers Laugh
Report akabula April 4, 2021 10:14 PM BST
The Proclaimers are urging their fans to “vote Alba on your list vote”.

That should swell the numbers by 20 or 30, ALBA membership slowly creeping up.
Report TheBetterBettor April 4, 2021 10:29 PM BST
John Swinney no more, Sturgeon no more.....
Report thegiggilo April 5, 2021 12:19 AM BST
https://twitter.com/jamesdoleman/status/1378683234431688707

ffs LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report TheBetterBettor April 5, 2021 1:41 AM BST
Do you remember blasting The Proclaimers tape thru these bad boys. With the 'bass booster' switch as optional.... If I recall, I think Dixons use to stock them back in the day.....

Report thegiggilo April 5, 2021 1:44 AM BST
Yep the cheapet **** on the market,only thing mum and dad could afford coming from working class background..
Report akabula April 5, 2021 9:25 AM BST
Vaguely remember it TBB. Never had one. When were they popular?
Report xmoneyx April 5, 2021 2:30 PM BST
AlexSalmond
"the route to Independence"

@AlbaParty

launch National Campaign on Tuesday at 2 PM, to coincide with the anniversary of the #DeclarationOfArbroath.
Report politicspunter April 5, 2021 2:42 PM BST
Is your mother in? Naw, she's at Arbroath. I'll come back when she's finished her soup...
Report feedthepony April 5, 2021 11:13 PM BST
How’s the Indy going lads?

Supermajority Laugh
Report politicspunter April 5, 2021 11:21 PM BST
Right now, indy supporting parties look as though they will have a majority.
Report impossible123 April 6, 2021 9:02 AM BST
Ought to have been The Elba Party after Napoleon Bonaparte - that's where the Party will head.
Report xmoneyx April 6, 2021 1:08 PM BST
ALBA manifesto launch 2pm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1zaafO6aCpAp02B15UW1kw
Report keyboard_line April 6, 2021 8:21 PM BST
He seemed a bit more dialed down, not too much hyperbole, more to come im sure. I think it was all women they had on in the build up to big up the party. He repeated the main message many times with the figures, ie the number of north east snp list votes compared to seats gained last time out. I suppose thats all theyve really got, but it will feed through to some extent
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com