Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
casemoney
13 Mar 21 12:49
| Topic/replies: 41,041 | Blogger: casemoney's blog
9.30 tonight , not sure what these people will be doing , I'm not sure clapping and banging pots and pans would be suitable Plain
Pause Switch to Standard View Sarah Everard Doorstepping
Show More
Report Cider March 14, 2021 5:58 PM GMT
And she proposes that to be a reportable crime. A poor taste joke. Whereas, I'm assuming, she would maintain that threatening to stab someone in the front is perfectly fine.
Report edy March 14, 2021 6:01 PM GMT
Didn't you already acknowledge earlier that the two things weren't quite on the same level? Something that then prompted you to get the brilliant (*cough*), now debunked, idea about her suggesting he literally wanted to rape her?
Report Cider March 14, 2021 6:03 PM GMT
Once you've wrapped your head around that concept, the hypocrisy element might sink in too. It is very hard to determine intent with confidence every time from language alone. What might be flippant, rhetorical, from what is bad (or literal) intent. Interpretation can be very biased. Policing language is a dark and dangerous road.
Report edy March 14, 2021 6:04 PM GMT
Is it?

Oh no, betfair just policed my language.
I feel endangered now.
Report edy March 14, 2021 6:05 PM GMT
It's funny when especially someone from the UK says so. The UK has had obscenity laws that all us contintentals have made fun of for decades. Obscenity laws that polices languages on radio and TV (and this forum)
Report Cider March 14, 2021 6:06 PM GMT
That's not policed, that's censored. You do appear to struggle with definitions on occasion.
Report Cider March 14, 2021 6:07 PM GMT
The forum isn't policed, that's why there is a report button.
Report edy March 14, 2021 6:09 PM GMT
Uhm...we are talking about obscenity laws. If radio was to ignore them, I'm pretty sure there'd be someone who polices the law.
Report edy March 14, 2021 6:13 PM GMT
and with it then naturally polices the language broadcast on the radio.
Report Cider March 14, 2021 6:15 PM GMT
That's a whole other topic. We can't even manage existing crimes very well, so adding new crimes that are virtually impossible to define is madness in my view.
Report politicspunter March 14, 2021 6:33 PM GMT
Edy, some terrible results for the CDU today in Germany regional elections.
Report edy March 14, 2021 6:42 PM GMT
Getting the bill for their botched covid handling and latest corruption scandals.
Report edy March 14, 2021 6:44 PM GMT
This is read as a chance for the traffic light coalition that's already in place in Rheinland-Pfalz expanding to Baden-Württemberg and potentially the federal government after the big elections later this year.
Report politicspunter March 14, 2021 6:44 PM GMT
Still big favourites to supply chancellor though?
Report edy March 14, 2021 6:45 PM GMT
traffic light coalition = SPD + FDP + Greens (not necessarily in this order naturally - after a federal election this coalition would likely be led by the Greens as the strongest party)
Report politicspunter March 14, 2021 6:51 PM GMT
Yep, Soder and Laschet massive favourites betting wise for chancellor currently but far from clear cut going by those results today.
Report edy March 14, 2021 6:55 PM GMT
German elections are interesting, aren't they?

Latest polls have the traffic light coalition right on the edge of having a potential majority. Something everybody would want I guess.

Greens because it would get them to chancellor instead of being junior partner
SPD because it gets them into a non-CDU led government
FDP because it's their only chance to govern full stop.

That said, Greens/SPD and FDP aren't a match made in heaven. Lindner (chief of federal FDP) already refused to enter a Jamaica-coalition in 2017, which then got us another big coalition.
Report edy March 14, 2021 6:56 PM GMT
The elections have opened up with CDU messing up lately and with their corruption scandals.
Report politicspunter March 14, 2021 6:59 PM GMT
I think the German political situation is very interesting and so far very profitable from a betting point of view. There are so many differences in regions.
Report politicspunter March 14, 2021 7:07 PM GMT
Let me tell you a mad thing that happened earlier this year. Remember that CDU leader election with the three candidates?  It was a massive betting event. Purely by chance I came across a site that was reporting the delegate support from regional branches three days before the selection conference...
Report trilby22 March 14, 2021 7:42 PM GMT
LIVE - Protest against Anti Protest Bill - London
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B40PNBq5Xf8
Same mob as last night in Clapham, by the looks.
f the polis, no justice no peace, etc by Churchill's statue.
Not sure it's going to end well ...
Report politicspunter March 14, 2021 8:59 PM GMT
Edy, The CDU appear to have lost seats in every single regional election today. Is Laschet in trouble?
Report akabula March 14, 2021 9:34 PM GMT
What a bunch of attention seekers Trilby.
Plus being brainwashed in public, clueless clowns.
Report politicspunter March 14, 2021 9:39 PM GMT
Ah, the night shift has arrived Laugh
Report akabula March 14, 2021 9:56 PM GMT
A couple of young girls on the news tonight told it like it is.
Said last night started off as planned - a respectful vigil - but it was soon hijacked by people with a political agenda.
Report Whisperingdeath March 14, 2021 10:15 PM GMT
Tears of a clown!
Report Whisperingdeath March 14, 2021 10:15 PM GMT
Seetheorama!
Report akabula March 14, 2021 10:26 PM GMT
WD sees what he thinks are great retorts so steals them but is so keen to use them they actually don't make any sense.Laugh
Report SontaranStratagem March 15, 2021 1:21 AM GMT

Mar 14, 2021 -- 7:51AM, Cider wrote:

It's two things wolf, the victim was one of 'their own' and the alleged perpetrator is the woke's #1 target identity. If he had the profile of the Reading slaughterer, it would have barely made the news.

They've developed a new saying now

#fakewoke, which is targeting white men who talk woke but its "fakewoke" because their white

So now their coming for the white lads who try to fit in with them... unlucky lads you might as well go back in the closet now eh.

Report SontaranStratagem March 15, 2021 3:05 AM GMT

Mar 14, 2021 -- 4:56PM, akabula wrote:

A couple of young girls on the news tonight told it like it is.Said last night started off as planned - a respectful vigil - but it was soon hijacked by people with a political agenda.

An American streamer was on about this the other week

Every time there's a big protest (peaceful) there's always agents in the crowd who break a window and start a riot every single time. They ain't getting anywhere with "peaceful protests", its infiltrated and turned into political, its how they stop organic uprises

Report DenzilPenberthy March 15, 2021 3:16 AM GMT
Haven't read the thread is anybody smelling a rat with all this? It's very fishy as are the crisis actors at the fake vigil - who gives a fk anyway the gullibles will believe anything even if the agendas are as obvious as Jordans t!ts
Report SontaranStratagem March 15, 2021 3:24 AM GMT
Jordons trying to get petition going so they make a law in having to provide an ID to get on social media

Oh don't worry they've got that in the works anyway, and they will make it so you need the "jab" passport in there as well
Report SontaranStratagem March 15, 2021 3:25 AM GMT
I'm waiting for the incredible stupidity in spinning it that needing the vaccine is required to be able to have the freedom of the net Cry
Report SontaranStratagem March 15, 2021 3:27 AM GMT
It will be "illegal" soon to post links from sites they deem offensive
Report SontaranStratagem March 15, 2021 1:53 PM GMT
Crime Bill ffs

"wont impinge on right to protest" no it wont for the demographics they allow no it wont

But if they deem you a "domestic terrorist" then yes, yes it will
Report SontaranStratagem March 15, 2021 2:07 PM GMT
"country united in grief and shock"

Except for the #curfewallmen #hatemen and any other forms of male bashing that's been employed at the moment

Yeah its been united Crazy
Report SontaranStratagem March 15, 2021 2:14 PM GMT
"protest against bill"

And they've still voted it through anyway so what fooking good does it do

Said it before and I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, they manipulate the "chaos", if any real organic uprise started happening it simply wouldn't be reported on, it'd be stomped out by way of having cops kick the doors down of its leaders at 2am in the morning and "taken away" never to be seen again.

Do people think the media would actually report on an organic revolution ffs, they control the narrative and they can't control it if its legit.
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 5:43 PM GMT
big protest again in london today, and being allowed

seems to be about both the police bill and clapham common
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 5:43 PM GMT
on sky now
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 5:45 PM GMT
"numbers building"
Report Whisperingdeath March 15, 2021 6:19 PM GMT
Kill the Bill!

I am not sure how you can get 10 years for damaging a statue but only 4 years for Rape?

Kill the Bill!
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 7:04 PM GMT
the amount of coverage this is getting

"real public answer...political pressure"

its a few hundred twenty-something women with placards

its not the poll tax riots
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 7:04 PM GMT
real public anger
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 7:05 PM GMT
blocking westminster bridge now

could get interesting
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 7:08 PM GMT
sky news

feamle presenter talking to female reporter about illegal mostly female protest which police are allowing, and the narrative is discrimination against women
Report Whisperingdeath March 15, 2021 7:20 PM GMT
So you can throw a statue in the river and get 10 years but throw a woman in the river and you will probably not be charged!

and the narrative is discrimination against women

Why would you conclude that Seppe?
Report Facts March 15, 2021 7:21 PM GMT
C4 news asked for a rep from relevant Ministry for violence against women. Response was nil.
C4 then asked if anyone from the Government could attend an interview. Again was declined.

This is a constant theme from this Government. They obviously feel they are above being held to account.
People who voted for this shambolic and corrupt Tory mess have a lot to answer.
Report wolf3011 March 15, 2021 7:23 PM GMT
Screams of " KILL THE BILL" can be heard in westminster from women who were screaming kill granny a few weeks ago for breaking covid rules as they throng en masse.. no hypocrisy there of course. Maybe they are just screaming " KILLBILL" with the film franchise announcing a new sequel who knows,as long as they can get on tv and follow the herd mentality I doubt they care.

The riots around a decade ago after a black guy was shot by police soon took off in every city, most people didnt even know his name or actually care about what they purported to protect against but it didn't stop thousands of shops being ransacked or burnt to the ground
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 7:23 PM GMT
because its all about how not enough men are prosecuted for rape, not enough being done to protect women (implying it is because they are women), women treated unfairly at clapham common, manhandled by police etc.
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 7:24 PM GMT
"future is female" placard spotted
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 7:25 PM GMT
the media have given this issue wall to wall coverage, yet these protesters are convinced society is indifferent to women's concerns
Report wolf3011 March 15, 2021 7:25 PM GMT
facts you were on the vaccine thread moaning about people not getting the vaccine putting lives at risk yet the thousands of woke mob fraternity protesting in incandescent rage regarding a woman they have never met in their lives doesn't do that or do you conveniently ignore it as it is from a group you support instead of those nasty naughty tories
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 7:26 PM GMT
"Ministry for violence against women"

what type of orwellian nightmare are we living in
Report wolf3011 March 15, 2021 7:28 PM GMT
No social distancing to be seen in violation of covid laws, imagine how angry facts would be if a tory was spotted within a foot of old granny- he would be near cardiac arrest in uncontrollable rage no doubt
Report Cider March 15, 2021 7:30 PM GMT

Mar 15, 2021 -- 2:21PM, Facts wrote:

C4 news asked for a rep from relevant Ministry for violence against women. Response was nil.C4 then asked if anyone from the Government could attend an interview. Again was declined.This is a constant theme from this Government. They obviously feel they are above being held to account.People who voted for this shambolic and corrupt Tory mess have a lot to answer.

Surely Khan is more appropriate candidate to hold to account. London mayor for five years.

The Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011 established a Police and Crime Commissioner for each police force area across England and Wales. In London, the elected Mayor – Sadiq Khan, is the equivalent of the Police and Crime Commissioner and is responsible for the totality of policing in the capital (outside of the City of London).

London’s streets are not safe “for women or for girls,” London Mayor Sadiq Khan has said in the wake of Sarah Everard’s disappearance.

Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 7:30 PM GMT
i want to clear: i think they should be allowed to protest

but i'm interested in how the media, politicains and police are reacting to this, compared to say the the anti-lockdown protests
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 7:33 PM GMT
london's streets aren't safe for anyone, an isolated unusual murder is being hijacked by a feminist agenda
Report Cider March 15, 2021 7:33 PM GMT
The government has no direct influence over operational decisions of the Met. As much as Khan may try to distance himself, and the compliant media assist him with his obfuscation, he is at the top of that tree.
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 7:36 PM GMT
a muslim mayor, a lesbian chief of the met and a female hindu home secretary

for once this isn't our fault surely?
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 7:37 PM GMT
our = the stale, male and pale brigade
Report Eric.Cartman March 15, 2021 7:37 PM GMT
Dick van ****
Report Eric.Cartman March 15, 2021 7:39 PM GMT
Dick van Hedgemuncher
Report Cider March 15, 2021 7:40 PM GMT
He meets with 'Cress' virtually weekly for the last 5 years.

.https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/mayors-office-policing-and-crime-mopac/governance-and-decision-making/mayor-commissioner-meeting

Example

Mayor of London and
Commissioner of Metropolitan Police
Meeting, 10 February 2021

Sadiq Khan – Mayor of London
Dame Cressida Dick – Commissioner

Supported by:
Sophie Linden – Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime
Diana Luchford – Chief Executive Officer, MOPAC
Lib Peck – Director, VRU
Sir Steve House – Deputy Commissioner
AC Helen Ball, MPS
Commander Catherine Roper, MPS
Nick Bowes – Mayoral Director, Mayor’s Office
David Bellamy – Chief of Staff, Mayor’s Office
1. Citizens in Policing
The MPS provided an in-depth briefing on the work of volunteers and special
constables in the MPS.
2. Covid-19 Update
The Commissioner updated on the Mayor on the enforcement of the Covid-19
regulations and the impact of the pandemic on the MPS’s workforce.
3. Tackling Violent Crime Monthly Update
The Mayor was provided with an update on the work of the Violent Crime Task Force
and the Violence Suppression Units, the progress being made by the Violence Reduction
Unit and MOPAC’s work on tackling violent crime.
4. Operational Update
The Commissioner provided an update on operational issues

What do these fookers talk about Cry

London’s streets are not safe “for women or for girls,” London Mayor Sadiq Khan Cry
Report Cider March 15, 2021 7:41 PM GMT
Not female safety it appears.
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 7:43 PM GMT
serious question: how do you prevent a murder like sarah's?
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 7:44 PM GMT
other than introducing a curfew for men
Report Cider March 15, 2021 7:47 PM GMT
It has to be a holistic approach in general, you can't prevent nutters. However if the cops spent more time on the street and less time on a laptop investigating non crime hate incidents, it would be a step forward.
Report politicspunter March 15, 2021 7:48 PM GMT
From the bbc...

What advice did the home secretary give to the Met Commissioner before the vigil?
Liberal Democrat leader Ed Davey, who called for Cressida Dick's resignation on Saturday night, is the next MP to ask the Priti Patel a question.

He says: "The scenes of women being forced to the ground restrained and arrested simply for holding a peaceful vigil in memory of Sarah Everard and in condemnation of violence against women and girls were utterly disgraceful.

"Of course the Met Commissioner Cressida Dick must resign but can I ask what personal responsibility she herself has for the terrible handling of this peaceful vigil?"

He asks if the home secretary spoke to the Met commissioner in the run up to the vigil and if so what advice did she give her?

Patel says: "I had been in touch with the Metropolitan Police Commissioner on Friday and throughout the weekend and we have had extensive discussions in terms of planning and preparation for the vigil at the weekend."

She says on Friday legal action was under way so there were various plans the police were working on.

She says: "I will be very clear though, on Friday my views were known and they were based in the fact that people who wanted to pay tribute... bear in mind we are in a pandemic... but people who lived locally... laying flowers was the right thing to do."

But, she says, the scenes on Saturday were upsetting and that is the reason why she has requested a report into what happened.

Has Priti Patel resigned yet?
Report Cider March 15, 2021 7:49 PM GMT
Here's Tory boy to put in a shift defending the opposition again  Laugh
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 7:51 PM GMT
"women being forced to the ground restrained and arrested simply for holding a peaceful vigil"

how about

"women forced to the ground restrained and arrested simply for holding an illegal vigil and refusing to leave when instructed to do so by police"
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 7:51 PM GMT
"thereby endangering lives in the midst of deadly pandemic"
Report politicspunter March 15, 2021 7:52 PM GMT
Ultimately the Home Secretary had been in regular discussion with Cressida Dick on a number of occasions regarding the event. She has to go.
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 7:53 PM GMT
patel didnt make the decisons, cressida dick did
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 7:54 PM GMT
dick the chief of the met, she has "operational independence" amd should ahve been able to make the right chocie herself
Report politicspunter March 15, 2021 7:55 PM GMT
Patel says: "I had been in touch with the Metropolitan Police Commissioner on Friday and throughout the weekend and we have had extensive discussions in terms of planning and preparation for the vigil at the weekend."

Her days are numbered.
Report Cider March 15, 2021 7:55 PM GMT
I had been in touch with the Metropolitan Police Commissioner on Friday and throughout the weekend and we have had extensive discussions in terms of planning and preparation for the vigil at the weekend

Punter struggles with that concept. The home sec foresaw the potential issues and asked them for their plans.
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 7:56 PM GMT
i dont think she can't tell the chief of the met what to do
Report Cider March 15, 2021 7:56 PM GMT
It's called not throwing people under the bus.
Report politicspunter March 15, 2021 7:56 PM GMT
I am far from struggling. Patel is though.
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 7:56 PM GMT
if anything khan would appear to have more influence
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 7:57 PM GMT
i don't think patel can tell dick what to do
Report wolf3011 March 15, 2021 7:58 PM GMT

Mar 15, 2021 -- 2:36PM, Giuseppe wrote:

a muslim mayor, a lesbian chief of the met and a female hindu home secretaryfor once this isn't our fault surely?

Is commissioner dick a lesbian

Report Cider March 15, 2021 7:59 PM GMT
If it was a business, PP is the chairperson, Sadiq is the CEO and 'Cress' is the operations director.
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 8:00 PM GMT
wolfman, yes
Report Cider March 15, 2021 8:00 PM GMT
So, it's either the Ops director or CEO that falls on their sword.
Report trilby22 March 15, 2021 8:01 PM GMT
Cops be clamping down soon with these mugs shouting acab, imo.
Any other live feeds about?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFLyhqTISG4
Report Whisperingdeath March 15, 2021 8:06 PM GMT
i don't think patel can tell dick what to do

I think you will find Dick sheite's on us all!
Report politicspunter March 15, 2021 8:21 PM GMT
Patel has bullied people to almost commit suicide at various departments and government roles, she has broke the ministerial code, the government has just paid out to save a hugely embarrassing employment tribunal loss. Now this. How much longer can she last?
Report moisok March 15, 2021 8:53 PM GMT
no she hasn't  not that I can stand torys
Report moisok March 15, 2021 8:54 PM GMT
COMMON PURPOSE
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 9:01 PM GMT
"educate your sons" placard seen
Report Whisperingdeath March 15, 2021 9:02 PM GMT
absolutely they should!

The amount of misogynists on here! All had mothers, what did they teach their sons?
Report Giuseppe March 15, 2021 9:05 PM GMT
if only the mother of sarah's murderer had told him murder was wrong
Report moisok March 15, 2021 9:06 PM GMT
violence towards men is far greater  but like all the other woke topics you will be cancelled or even lose your job for saying so

enjoy you new world
Report moisok March 15, 2021 9:08 PM GMT
I have never understood why one would be aggressive to women.  Why?   Could we filter them out with tests??? and then it becomes a political football.  As it already has in the last couple of days.  And there will only be a one sided discussion as the political activists grab hold of it.
Report SontaranStratagem March 15, 2021 9:30 PM GMT
Male on male violence is far far far far higher

Millwall and West Ham fans regularly have meet up fights? friendly punch ups Laugh
Report SontaranStratagem March 15, 2021 9:38 PM GMT
"just a facking friendly fight mate"

Laugh
Report SontaranStratagem March 15, 2021 9:41 PM GMT
I wonder if the cops turn up to stop them?

Mischief
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com