Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
casemoney
04 Mar 21 10:44
| Topic/replies: 36,694 | Blogger: casemoney's blog
London and the Midlands ,what could be causing that I wonder ?
Pause Switch to Standard View Cases on the rise
Show More
Report sofiakenny March 4, 2021 11:47 AM GMT
I have no idea..please enlighten us.ty.
Report casemoney March 4, 2021 11:52 AM GMT
Of course you don't similar to many other issues you comment on Grin
Report casemoney March 4, 2021 11:53 AM GMT
Did you used to stick your hand up in class when the teacher asked a question , even though you had nee a clue ,I bet yee did Laugh
Report politicspunter March 4, 2021 11:55 AM GMT
Is it suitcases? More folks booking holidays perhaps?
Report sofiakenny March 4, 2021 11:56 AM GMT
And there was silly me thinking you might help me understand why cases were rising in London and the Midlands.Sad
Report casemoney March 4, 2021 11:57 AM GMT
No its CO VID cases PP nothing to do with Holidays , do you think there will be Local Lockdowns come June ? If cases are high in certain areas ?
Report politicspunter March 4, 2021 11:57 AM GMT
Covid cases are up?
Report casemoney March 4, 2021 11:59 AM GMT
Well Kenny I thought it might be down to low Vaccine take up in those areas , whats the percentage where you Live ? Hows the infection rate there ?
Report politicspunter March 4, 2021 11:59 AM GMT
I am sorry, I am not really following the Covid detail, just catch some stuff on the bbc.
Report sofiakenny March 4, 2021 11:59 AM GMT
Come on case be a good fella and tell us why cases are on the rise..I really would like to know.
Report casemoney March 4, 2021 12:00 PM GMT
Infections  PP Whats your take on it ? any idea ?
Report sofiakenny March 4, 2021 12:00 PM GMT
thanks case ..sorry did not see your reply earlier...
Report casemoney March 4, 2021 12:01 PM GMT
I have Kenny I'm trying to do comparisons  before I come to a conclusion though .
Report politicspunter March 4, 2021 12:01 PM GMT

Mar 4, 2021 -- 6:00AM, casemoney wrote:

Infections

Report politicspunter March 4, 2021 12:02 PM GMT
casemoney • March 4, 2021 12:00 PM GMT
Infections  PP Whats your take on it ? any idea ?

I am sorry, as I say I have not been following it closely.
Report casemoney March 4, 2021 12:04 PM GMT
You must have been one of the Old I have nee a clue Hands up types as well PP Laugh
Report politicspunter March 4, 2021 12:05 PM GMT
I honestly don't have a clue on this one, I am afraid.
Report casemoney March 4, 2021 12:06 PM GMT
So your clueless , there's a surprise
Report lapsy pa March 4, 2021 12:16 PM GMT
I'm putting my hand up.

The common "denominator" isn't applicable to the North of Ireland wherecases are also rising, is that what is known as an anomaly Sir?
Report casemoney March 4, 2021 12:18 PM GMT
What happened to Angoose he was the man for these type of Questions , Graphs Etc .
Report casemoney March 4, 2021 12:23 PM GMT
Whats the R rate there PA ?   there appears to be only 300 people in hospital with Co Vid  and 100 admitted the past week from what I can see ?
Report casemoney March 4, 2021 12:24 PM GMT
there was 165 admitted the previous week .
Report casemoney March 4, 2021 12:29 PM GMT
Of course the rises may well be among younger people who have not been vaccinated .
Report lapsy pa March 4, 2021 12:32 PM GMT
Robin Swann said it yesterday,"RTE,NI minister warns over relaxing measures too quickly"
Report saddo March 4, 2021 12:45 PM GMT
Are more people being tested = more positives, or are more people being ill case?
Report Magic__Daps March 4, 2021 12:51 PM GMT
Diversity is our strength - is that why?

Wait for kids to be tested a few times per week so we can hear about rises and another load of scare tactics.
Report Petraco March 4, 2021 12:59 PM GMT
What would the response be if we were carrying out one million tests per week but only a handful of people were dying?  Plain
Report casemoney March 4, 2021 1:05 PM GMT
With under 60s not vaccinated yet and mores tests there will be a rise in cases , i would imagine the population of London is in general Younger than other parts of the country .

As for the Midlands i would not say that was the case,
Report casemoney March 4, 2021 1:07 PM GMT
As stated wait for another big delaying Headline in Two weeks after the Kids have returned to school .
Report saddo March 4, 2021 1:09 PM GMT
I'm over 60 and only got a letter today. I haven't explored it yet, save to notice it's in 42 languages.
Report Dotchinite March 4, 2021 1:10 PM GMT
Cant be much of a rise given how the numbers are shrinking rapidly by the day.
Report Giuseppe March 4, 2021 1:15 PM GMT
case, there was an interesting documentary on bbc a couple of nights ago "why are more people of colour dying from covid"

you should watch it and educate yourself

those high numbers of deaths aren't due to different genetics or behaviour

they are down to racism, inequality (which is caused by racism) and poverty (also caused by racism)
Report saddo March 4, 2021 1:40 PM GMT
Quite probably down to behaviour in part at least. I had to stop going to Asda at Savile Town for my beer because none of em wore masks and were all in groups, and I had someone ill. If masks do stop the spread (I don't know) they have certainly caused spread amongst themselves.
Report Giuseppe March 4, 2021 1:44 PM GMT
another person who clearly hasn't watched the BBC documentary Crazy

you can lead a horse to water...
Report Giuseppe March 4, 2021 1:46 PM GMT
did anyone watch sky news press preview last night

kevin maguire (mirror editor) was talking about meghan bullying, saying he had heard stories like this before from his sources

so at first he was backing the claims up

then out of nowhere he threw in this line about how maybe it was due to the racist stereotype of the "angry black woman"
Report Giuseppe March 4, 2021 1:49 PM GMT
i'm not sure most people would even think of meghan as black if the media didn't keep reminding them
Report saddo March 4, 2021 2:07 PM GMT
She sounds American and behaves American so she's American, colour nowt to do with it. And she's got lovely boobs, I would most certainly.
Report saddo March 4, 2021 2:09 PM GMT
Isn't one of her parents caucasian?
Report thedodgepot March 4, 2021 2:14 PM GMT
etraco 04 Mar 21 13:59 
What would the response be if we were carrying out one million tests per week but only a handful of people were dying?

My concern is we are trapped.  The hospitals and care homes will still have cases even when the case figures go low like they are now. The people that are dying in these establishments of several other different  things will often test positive for COVID within 28days of death and hey presto it’s another COVID death. They can easily ensure the figures for deaths are well into three figures for pretty much forever if they want using there present system. Remember nobody in hospital is dying of anything else.
Report saddo March 4, 2021 2:29 PM GMT
Agree, they have to keep pretending deaths are higher, it's their only means of control.
Report saddo March 4, 2021 2:37 PM GMT
Giuseppe 04 Mar 21 14:44 
another person who clearly hasn't watched the BBC documentary Crazy

Laugh You're a very bad man. I'm surprised anyone watches em tbf. Do the converted need any more preaching? And do the cynical need to hear more of the lies they have heard for a year?

I'd rather sit in silence tbh.
Report moisok March 4, 2021 2:38 PM GMT
I was going down my long driveway to the road  but having seen this news  I have scuttled back and dived into my anderson shelter
Not coming out till august 2022  to see what's what.
Report saddo March 4, 2021 2:40 PM GMT
You came out with Quentin Crisp.
Report moisok March 4, 2021 2:45 PM GMT
so I like dresses heels and painted nails  - what's wrong with that  -  dear crispy was an all out gay  before gay was invented   - gay was being glad in his day not this strange word they use now  - remember gaiety ?
Report moisok March 4, 2021 2:46 PM GMT
this strange use of the word now  - there was a word they used to use but seems to have disappeared
Report moisok March 4, 2021 2:46 PM GMT
i think it gets you banned  - the one beginning  with H
Report thedodgepot March 4, 2021 2:48 PM GMT
The Chinese reacted with lockdowns initially but soon realised this virus was no Black Plague and could see who it was killing pretty quickly.  The old and the weak. They soon opened up and got business thriving whereas the Western World, with its weakness of trying to save the world and planet and anything else in between, went into panic mode and nothing else matters now other than reducing COVID. The west has lost the plot with this virus. People die all the time and it’s sad for many people but the quicker we realise we can’t stop it and enjoy the short time we have the better we will be.
Report edy March 4, 2021 2:57 PM GMT
Advertising the Chinese model now as the strong and superior one?

China cracked down hard and ruthless. That is their secret. Not any gobblewash about them realising it only kills the old and weak.
Report Giuseppe March 4, 2021 2:59 PM GMT
CCPLove GDRLove
Report Giuseppe March 4, 2021 2:59 PM GMT
do you vote for die linke edy
Report saddo March 4, 2021 3:00 PM GMT
edy, it only kills the old and weak. Gobblewash is a very fine word though.
Report edy March 4, 2021 3:01 PM GMT
In january they literally sealed people in their homes after a small outbreak (Tonghua). No "oh please stay home, folks". They literally sealed the doors.
Report edy March 4, 2021 3:03 PM GMT

Mar 4, 2021 -- 9:00AM, saddo wrote:

edy, it only kills the old and weak. Gobblewash is a very fine word though.

The gobblewash was regarding the proposition that China just let the virus roam free because they realised it only kills the old and weak.

They don't. Far from it. They are ruthlessly cracking down on any appearance of the virus. Far more stringent than we do. Far more ignoring human rights in doing so.

Report saddo March 4, 2021 3:09 PM GMT
They eat bats and spoon the brains out of live monkeys edy, they are not like us.
Report edy March 4, 2021 3:11 PM GMT
Ozzy Osbourne and Indiana Jones disagree.

Not sure what that's got to do with China cracking down instead of letting it roam free though.
Report Giuseppe March 4, 2021 3:12 PM GMT
the SED wouldn't have allowed this to happen
Report saddo March 4, 2021 3:13 PM GMT
We will never nail people in their homes in the UK edy, Im doubtful Germany would either.
Report edy March 4, 2021 3:15 PM GMT
Germany will tell others to not nail their population in, but then do it themselves!
Report Cider March 4, 2021 3:16 PM GMT
edy's logic is great, China style lockdowns work. The proof is they are still doing them over a year later Laugh
Report saddo March 4, 2021 3:17 PM GMT
I always thought the Chinese would be brought up in a regimented communist way edy, law abiding. Perhaps they are actually not as supine as the Europeans, and nailing them in is a last resort.
Report saddo March 4, 2021 3:18 PM GMT
edy 04 Mar 21 16:15 
Germany will tell others to not nail their population in, but then do it themselves!

Excellent edy  Laugh
Report saddo March 4, 2021 3:18 PM GMT
edy 04 Mar 21 16:15 

Excellent edy  Laugh
Report edy March 4, 2021 3:18 PM GMT

Mar 4, 2021 -- 9:16AM, Cider wrote:

edy's logic is great, China style lockdowns work. The proof is they are still doing them over a year later

Your strawmanning used to be better, buddy.

Report edy March 4, 2021 3:19 PM GMT
I merely corrected the notion that China was just letting the virus roam free because they realised it didn't cause much harm except to the old and weak.

Stop imagining things and stop putting up strawmen, mate.
Report Cider March 4, 2021 3:20 PM GMT
How does anyone claim to know what happens in China
Report Cider March 4, 2021 3:23 PM GMT
One of the madnesses of covid, people still obsess about what happens in other countries.
Report SontaranStratagem March 4, 2021 3:29 PM GMT
What's amazing is we've had some warmer weather (above 10 celcius, was 14 here last week), no dampness in the air for about 2 weeks now... and guess what, the cases of people getting sick/ill has gone down, just as we head into March and early spring... Oh the shock!!!! Crazy
Report SontaranStratagem March 4, 2021 3:30 PM GMT
Funny that eh LaughLaugh

We're heading into warmer weather and people are feeling a bit more energised, something to do with soul in the sky ffs

We really do live in a stupid society
Report truehoncho March 4, 2021 4:39 PM GMT
Warmer weather reducing the spread of a virus??? you are a total conspiracy theorist.
Report SontaranStratagem March 4, 2021 5:48 PM GMT
I'm going against the efficacy of that genius at everything a.k.a Buffalo Bill Gates
Report Giuseppe March 4, 2021 5:49 PM GMT
if warmer weather explaisn it why are numbers going up on the continent (poland, think czech as well)
Report lfc1971 March 4, 2021 6:00 PM GMT
People over 80 running amok
Report Giuseppe March 4, 2021 6:01 PM GMT
running wild brother

WHATCHA GONNA DO
Report SontaranStratagem March 4, 2021 6:02 PM GMT
Wouldn't call those countries hot but they are less damp compared to us so there's that

No one's getting sick, testing positive for something that is already there, the immune system is creating the virus
Report Giuseppe March 4, 2021 6:04 PM GMT
need to start taking their vitamins
Report SontaranStratagem March 4, 2021 6:13 PM GMT
Vitamin D is best served from the sun though, its triggered from the skin and sunlight hits the skin directly and its that triggers the Vitamin D
Report SontaranStratagem March 4, 2021 6:14 PM GMT
Its why being outdoors in the middle of summer is priority, build up reserves
Report Giuseppe March 4, 2021 6:18 PM GMT
and saying their prayers
Report moisok March 4, 2021 8:00 PM GMT
friday not a good day for separation   - well not in Hounslow  ho ho
Report Mexico March 4, 2021 8:04 PM GMT
Cases were falling throughout January and February, I.e. Winter.

Three weeks ago the temperature hardly go above freezing in England, in Scotland there were temperatures below -10C. And cases fell.

A year ago in early March before any social distancing we had cases doubling every 4 days or so. This year with vaccines and social distancing we have cases falling.
Cases started to rise in UK in September and we lost control in October, so just after everybody had “topped up on the magic victim D”.

Cases fell in Melbourne in winter, when they had a “lockdown “.
Cases in many sunny states of USA are high. Maybe the sun doesn’t provide victim D to Texas?

Or maybe the scientists were spot on again and this virus is spread by close contact & the vaccines developed are helping to bring down cases, hospital admissions and deaths.
Report moisok March 4, 2021 8:14 PM GMT
are you saying I cannot go out wearing my stuff ever again?
Report moisok March 4, 2021 8:15 PM GMT
will the 'way out' club  be eradicated
Report Cider March 4, 2021 8:29 PM GMT
Lockdown reduces positive tests. No doubt. How many people it prevents from going to hospital due to the virus, and how many it prevents from dying is very unclear. In the November 'circuit break' positive tests clearly fell but deaths with a recent positive tests in the assumed 3-4 week lead time merely flattened at the earlier level.

Comparisons to last March are futile as the expert scientists had no clue how many people had the virus then. More than likely thousands of people had it in February.

What all the fanatics of lockdown always fail to acknowledge are the catastrophic consequences of the policy. Do the ends always justify the means. Clearly not.

Are the (predominately very old) lives saved by a horrendous policy such as lockdown, preventing education, thousands of job losses, permanent disruption to our culture and way of life, cancellation of weddings, not seeing relatives before they die etc. It's only due to unprecedented government intervention that people are shielded from the most catastrophic consequences of what has been done. It will take several years to fully play out. And NOBODY knows exactly what they will be.
Report Dotchinite March 4, 2021 8:35 PM GMT
The only certain thing is the generation that were protected by lockdowns wont be the ones who are going to pick up the tab.
Report thedodgepot March 4, 2021 8:45 PM GMT
A big fat lump my nephew works with at the council has been off work on full pay since last March because she needed to shield due to her extreme obesity and self inflicted Diabetes. My nephew seen her last week in the Supemarket and he reckons she’s put weight on. So in theory she’s expecting everyone to make an effort to protect her but can’t help herself by losing weight.
Report Dotchinite March 4, 2021 8:48 PM GMT
Ive said it before that if people dont care enough to do things to help themselves why should anyone else give a damn.
Report peckerdunne March 4, 2021 8:56 PM GMT
She's like dodgepot, has issue.
Report moisok March 4, 2021 9:07 PM GMT
we have one in the local town which subsides over each side of an armchair  while the children run around in the coffee shop

massive   - yet we have several of the same size presenting programmes here and in the states  - all 20 stone plus monsters  and they laugh at it

strange world
Report mafeking March 4, 2021 9:10 PM GMT
government in complete and utter cloud cuckoo land if they think there's gonna be any sort of recovery in the short term

you can't unleash calculated psychological warfare on the population terrorising a significant proportion out of their wits and then click your fingers saying everything's ok again and expect these people to come rushing out from under their beds straight away
Report nineteen points March 4, 2021 9:38 PM GMT
dodgepot,these are the ones that they want us to be muzzled for.
Report thedodgepot March 4, 2021 9:54 PM GMT
mafeking 04 Mar 21 22:10 
government in complete and utter cloud cuckoo land if they think there's gonna be any sort of recovery in the short term

you can't unleash calculated psychological warfare on the population terrorising a significant proportion out of their wits and then click your fingers saying everything's ok again and expect these people to come rushing out from under their beds straight away

Your right about that. There’s still a large number of people who are rushing onto peoples driveways and crossing the road in panic  to avoid passing me when I’m out walking. Surely these people who are so petrified when outside and merely walking past another person are broken beyond repair.
Report casemoney March 4, 2021 10:10 PM GMT
Covid-19: Another new variant added to UK watch list E484K
Report moisok March 4, 2021 10:15 PM GMT
it is not funny   it has sent me back to my anderson shelter with its gas tent
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com