Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lapsy pa
21 Feb 21 17:23
| Topic/replies: 7,040 | Blogger: lapsy pa's blog
Laugh

Sometimes a thing called karma comes along,isn't that a great thing?

You got brexit,stop crying a river,ya poor hard done bys yet again,threats of violence won't work and stick your lamp post posters where ever.

The United EU island of Ireland needs to move on,sin a bhfuil anois.
Pause Switch to Standard View DUP to launch legal challenge to the...
Show More
Report lfc1971 February 25, 2021 4:39 PM GMT
It’s all well and good to say don’t get angry , but if it’s your business
Report lfc1971 February 25, 2021 4:42 PM GMT
Not sure why pd is so concerned , maybe he will tell us
Report peckerdunne February 25, 2021 4:44 PM GMT
Yes Wallflower, that's all pretty true, which is why i said ordinary protestants are now
seeing a 32 as the best option ultimately.They have lived in peace and mix with Catholics now without a worry mostly and a natural conclusion is 32 having saw now Brexit and this current situation, they see whats happening.

And because of that fear and the signals at the moment from Westminster/Eu etc the loyalist hard core are looking to put the wedge in now and cause trouble, they are virtually issuing warnings in live broadcast interviews..i'd say we are on the verge of something quite nasty, possibly only,but these things escalate rapidly.
Report lfc1971 February 25, 2021 4:47 PM GMT
The vast majority of Protestants don’t want a United Ireland
Report peckerdunne February 25, 2021 4:48 PM GMT
LFC, JUST read it.

I have no issues btw with unionists per se, don't like any of them but if they are not inciting violence we can work it through, however you can't trust them at all either.

They are furious but it's got nothing to do with the 26.
Report lfc1971 February 25, 2021 4:49 PM GMT
The vast majority of ordinary Protestants and Catholics have always lived in peace
Report peckerdunne February 25, 2021 4:52 PM GMT
The vast majority of Protestants don’t want a United Ireland

lfc, thats now changing, as i said, because because the 'BRITTS'are fcuking them over.

Good business folk that they are, they now know they have only one option.
Report lfc1971 February 25, 2021 4:53 PM GMT
It’s not an issue now , it never was for the vast majority of ordinary people
Report lfc1971 February 25, 2021 4:54 PM GMT
A United ireland is possible , even likely
So what ?  people really don’t care so much and probably never did
Report lfc1971 February 25, 2021 4:56 PM GMT
I don’t believe the myth that there were great divisions between Protestants and Catholics in the past
Report peckerdunne February 25, 2021 5:07 PM GMT
Last two posts are fishing, right....Laugh

speaking of which, have some fresh scallop to fry in kerrygold..........Laugh
Report Giuseppe February 25, 2021 5:22 PM GMT
"I don’t believe the myth that there were great divisions between Protestants and Catholics in the past"

partition made it worse
Report lfc1971 February 25, 2021 5:24 PM GMT
No I’m serious , you’re forgetting I’ve worked in NI ( and the south for a short time) , I know what it’s like
Report lfc1971 February 25, 2021 5:32 PM GMT
get any technical problems that there might be with trade between Britain and NI sorted
and there’s no problems in the end .
Report lfc1971 February 25, 2021 5:33 PM GMT
Such a fuss Happy
Report lapsy pa February 25, 2021 5:46 PM GMT
New website launched today,looks the real deal and a good time to start looking forward.

irelandsfuture.com
Report peckerdunne February 25, 2021 6:44 PM GMT
cheers Pa, will pop in
Report lfc1971 March 3, 2021 9:35 PM GMT
U.K. inilaterally extends Irish Sea border grace period
EU accuses Britain of violating law , south of Ireland says its deeply unhelpful

Well done again Boris
Report Giuseppe March 3, 2021 9:37 PM GMT
GET BREXIT DONE
Report lapsy pa March 3, 2021 9:38 PM GMT
It was only an operational easement your honour!

At it again.
Report lfc1971 March 3, 2021 9:39 PM GMT
Cool
Report lfc1971 March 3, 2021 9:41 PM GMT
British Sea Power ,  in the Irish Sea
Report Giuseppe March 3, 2021 9:42 PM GMT
TAKE BACK CONTROL
Report casemoney March 3, 2021 9:56 PM GMT
Just as well the good folks of norn  are part of the UK , coz I can assure you a high percentage of the south could not give a Flying about the North .. FACT .
Report Giuseppe March 3, 2021 10:01 PM GMT
AS BRITISH AS EAST FINCHLEY
Report lapsy pa March 3, 2021 10:01 PM GMT
Almost without exception almost every single Englishman i ever met never wanted the North of Ireland, that is fact also.
Report lfc1971 March 3, 2021 10:02 PM GMT
There is too much bureaucracy , Foster was in talks with the loyalists a week ago , may have had a word with U.K. gov
Report Giuseppe March 3, 2021 10:03 PM GMT
"a high percentage of the south could not give a Flying about the North"

NOT TRUE
Report lfc1971 March 3, 2021 10:10 PM GMT
This is the centenary year for N Ireland people forget that
Report lapsy pa March 3, 2021 10:11 PM GMT
The people in NI who wanted brexit are now planning guerilla warfare against it,spitefully denying the opportunity they were given to the 80% of the population there they don't represent,simple as that. Own it
Report Giuseppe March 3, 2021 10:12 PM GMT
"This is the centenary year for N Ireland people forget that"

PREPARE THE BUNTING AND THE STREET PARTIES
Report lfc1971 March 3, 2021 10:12 PM GMT
Apart from the obvious any fair observer would say it has been a very successful and good 100 years
As good a place to live as anywhere in the world at anytime anyplace or any country
Report lfc1971 March 3, 2021 10:13 PM GMT
Better
Report lfc1971 March 3, 2021 10:18 PM GMT
For the last 100 years ( well longer than that of course, in the history of the world , Britain was the best place in the world to live ,
And N Ireland may well have been the best place in Britain
Report lfc1971 March 3, 2021 10:20 PM GMT
Still is ?
Report Giuseppe March 3, 2021 10:20 PM GMT
"Apart from the obvious any fair observer would say it has been a very successful and good 100 years"

lfc

a 100 years ago ulster was much richer than the southern three provinces

now the opposite is the case

and i ahven;t even mentioned the near 30-year low level civil war that partition caused
Report Giuseppe March 3, 2021 10:23 PM GMT
in 1921 Belfast and Dublin were about the same size

today Dublin is twice as big
Report lfc1971 March 3, 2021 10:25 PM GMT
I think the south of Ireland would be a nice place to live also , due to the fact they have never left the United Kingdom
And are exactly the same and have the same interests and values and viewpoints as everyone else in Britain
Report lfc1971 March 3, 2021 10:28 PM GMT
When Dublin builds a ship like the Tatanic I might be impressed Giuseppe
Report lapsy pa March 3, 2021 10:31 PM GMT
They build them smaller in Dublin but they are seaworthy.
Report lfc1971 March 3, 2021 10:35 PM GMT
Grin
Report lfc1971 March 3, 2021 10:42 PM GMT
Anyway Brexit is looking better with each day , and the EU seems in chaos since we left
Who could deny that ?
Report lfc1971 March 3, 2021 10:48 PM GMT
In Britain we are a free and independent country and we make our own laws
or break them if we want
Report Giuseppe March 3, 2021 10:55 PM GMT
you still have to abide by some EU rules
Report lfc1971 March 3, 2021 10:59 PM GMT
No I don’t think so , of course any trade to the eu has to meet their standards and their trade to U.K. has to meet ours
Report Giuseppe March 3, 2021 11:01 PM GMT
if you deviate from eu standards the free trade deal will have to be renegotiated / or you will be fined

the uk government will not want that
Report Giuseppe March 3, 2021 11:01 PM GMT
you are not free to do what you want
Report lfc1971 March 3, 2021 11:04 PM GMT
If we deviate from EU standards they won’t buy out produce , and vice versa
same as it ever was
Report Giuseppe March 3, 2021 11:05 PM GMT
so what was the point of brexit?
Report lfc1971 March 3, 2021 11:06 PM GMT
Freedom of movement is the problem , nothing very much else
Report Giuseppe March 3, 2021 11:08 PM GMT
ok we can agree on that

but i think boris and co will make up for it by bringing in more indians
Report akabula March 3, 2021 11:08 PM GMT
so what was the point of brexit?

LaughLaughLaugh Very good Guiseppe.
Report lfc1971 March 3, 2021 11:09 PM GMT
When people think they are free and have the right to live in a country , there is a tendency for them not to respect that country or it’s people
That’s a very big problem
Report Giuseppe March 3, 2021 11:13 PM GMT
all those africans and pakistanis are more respectful than the poles?
Report lfc1971 March 3, 2021 11:14 PM GMT
Depends on the individual . But the fundamental principle of freedom of movement is wrong
Report akabula March 3, 2021 11:17 PM GMT
I'd add freedom from what the EU is trying to achieve ie one great big country with it's members nothing more than a state like in the USA.
We also won't be subsidizing the likes of Greece.
Report lfc1971 March 3, 2021 11:17 PM GMT
Citizenship should not be given away so lightly , or it’s not valued
Report Giuseppe March 3, 2021 11:20 PM GMT
aka, that's really a euro thing (subsidising Greece) not an EU thing

as long as you're not in the single currency that's not a big issue
Report akabula March 3, 2021 11:54 PM GMT
We were a major provider of funds, much more than we received in return, and as such subsidised other countries in an organisation that we didn't vote to be in.
Report Giuseppe March 3, 2021 11:58 PM GMT
you got two thirds of it back through the rebate and EU spending in Britain, it wasn't that much
Report Giuseppe March 3, 2021 11:59 PM GMT
you had a referendum in 1975 two years after joining

87% voted yes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_United_Kingdom_European_Communities_membership_referendum
Report akabula March 4, 2021 12:03 AM GMT
We joined the 'Common Market' as you well know. No mention of a United States of Europe.
Report Giuseppe March 4, 2021 12:04 AM GMT
there isn't a united states of europe and there never would have been if you had remained
Report akabula March 4, 2021 12:04 AM GMT
BTW cut all this 'You' crap when it should be 'We'.
You're fooling no one. Grin
Report akabula March 4, 2021 12:07 AM GMT
Anyways we're out and for Brexiteers thats the only thing that counts. Happy
Report casemoney March 4, 2021 12:11 AM GMT
Your spot on PA regarding the English not wanting Norn ,a sad state of affairs
Report cryoftruth March 4, 2021 7:10 AM GMT
The DUP, in Northern Ireland, where the majority voted to remain of course, propped up the a Tories in government for years, then got stabbed by Johnson in the front and back, sold down the river.
They were promised they would not be treated differently from the rest of the U.K. but Johnson’s promises turned out to be more bare faced lies.
Unsurprisingly the people of Northern Ireland are moving ever closer to a vote to reunite with Ireland.
The Tory toffs are soon to be renamed the Conservative and anti Unionist Party!
Their efforts to boost the cause of independence for Scotland and N Ireland seem to be working a treat.
Report cryoftruth March 4, 2021 7:16 AM GMT
Quite funny really. The DUP ignored the Brexit wishes of the people of Ulster and threw their lot in with the Tories who dumped all over them as soon as they got the chance.
Trust the current government at your peril.
Never mind, Reece Smugg made a few more million last week and Handcock’s former barman trousered his PPE Tory handout and is now doing very well.
Report cryoftruth March 4, 2021 7:24 AM GMT
As the DUP’s 10 votes in the House of Commons became essential for the prospect of any Brexit deal gaining Westminster backing, the Conservatives have been keen to keep their new partners on side. The DUP’s chief demand has been that there can be no border down the Irish Sea, with their party leader Arlene Foster even going so far as to describe this as a “blood red line” for the unionist party.

That was from the Tory Telegraph, celebrating the public humiliation of the DUP.

Why was a Arlene so easily conned by Johnson?
Report cryoftruth March 4, 2021 7:39 AM GMT
Oh good. Johnson’s lies appear to have empowered Ulster paramilitaries.
Is there anything the idiot is not able to utterly ruin?
Report cryoftruth March 4, 2021 7:42 AM GMT
UK ministers are facing a backlash from unionists who fear the post-Brexit protocol threatens Northern Ireland’s place in the UK internal market.
How does that work?
Loyalists, loyal to the U.K., threaten violence against....the U.K.?
Doesn’t sound very loyal.
Maybe they can see they were sacrificed by Johnson on the Brexit alter and are not much impressed.
Report lfc1971 March 4, 2021 9:35 AM GMT
This is what happens when you try to appease anti British elements such as the IRA and the south of Ireland
Report lapsy pa March 4, 2021 12:36 PM GMT
Not quite, you have members of your parliament stoking up tensions with the paramilitaries, something wrong somewhere.
Report lfc1971 March 4, 2021 12:54 PM GMT
The EU is negotiating with a partner it ‘ simply cannot trust’
says the south of Ireland’s foreign affairs minister

That’s not a very nice thing to say is it lp ?
Report lapsy pa March 4, 2021 1:02 PM GMT
You had a legal agreement re changing any part of the NI protocol,you did so without even having the manners of informing the other party of the contract but just "changed" what you agreed on because  you wanted to.

It is the simple truth from Coveney.
Report lfc1971 March 4, 2021 1:23 PM GMT
No the U.K. gov has acted perfectly legally so Coveney should be careful with such language
Now we have a situation whereby the U.K. has gone to the expense and bother of putting internal customs checks .. for the benefit of Coveney and the south of Ireland and the EU
It’s a bit like doing someone a favour and then they have the cheek to say you can’t be trusted
I suggest Coveney and the south of Ireland pipe down.
Report lapsy pa March 4, 2021 1:31 PM GMT
Rubbish Lfc,it is breaching the good faith provision of the withdrawal agreement hence breaching international law.

No date set now for UK-EU trade deal,trust out the window.
Report lfc1971 March 4, 2021 1:33 PM GMT
Typical , no one likes to be thankful Sad
Report lapsy pa March 4, 2021 1:42 PM GMT
I can't be thankful to you trying to tell me black is white, seems by your 9.35am post it is everyone elses fault that the UK is breaking international laws that they voted for.
Just blame everyone else, scummy spiv behaviour by the tories/dup who voted for this and yet again reneging.
Report lfc1971 March 4, 2021 2:03 PM GMT
Has the south of Ireland done anything to be helpful lp ?
If not I’m not interested in any preaching from Coveney , sorry
Report lapsy pa March 4, 2021 2:12 PM GMT
What do you want it(Ireland) to do? It wants peace on the Island and facilitated the Protocol for you.
You agreed and now are breaking the agreement,it is that simple,nothing more to be said.
Report lfc1971 March 4, 2021 2:17 PM GMT
No again that’s wrong , they didn’t facilitate the protocol
They threatened violence of customs checks were introduced
That’s not quite the same thing is it ?
Report peckerdunne March 4, 2021 2:19 PM GMT
You know, I have a theory about Boris Johnson. If you give him enough rope, he'll hang you.
Report lfc1971 March 4, 2021 2:20 PM GMT
Boris has had to tread a very careful path , that’s what he has done , it’s dangerous
I suggest everyone helps him
Report Giuseppe March 4, 2021 2:26 PM GMT
"They threatened violence of customs checks were introduced"

the loyalists?
Report unitedbiscuits March 4, 2021 3:13 PM GMT
I beg the EU to mistrust the UK Govt.
Nothing it says can be taken at face value.
There never was any intention to keep its word on the NI protocol.
Report lfc1971 March 4, 2021 3:46 PM GMT
Another one who thought Boris’ intention was to crash out on no deal
If remainers were wrong and dissapointed once I’m sure they will be twenty times again
Report lapsy pa March 4, 2021 5:51 PM GMT
Unitedbiscuits 3.13pm

"I beg the EU to mistrust the UK Govt"

I think they certainly do,what happened yesterday was Westminster met the dup,the dup met with the paramilitaries(as they did last year) Tories break international law and at the same time the paramilitaries do away with the GFA.

Coincidence? No way

Has there been any condemnation by Westminister on the dup liasoning with terror groups,none that i have seen,shouldn't there be?

Surely the stupidity of looking to blame the EU and go WTO is not in play again,or was it ever not?
Report Wallflower March 4, 2021 6:48 PM GMT
Northern Ireland exists purely because of the threat of loyalist violence. And, sad as it is to say, since my grandmother was from that stock, when in control in NI their behaviour was reprehensible, and in some respects they reaped what they sowed. Some of them need to understand its never going back.

NI Protocol stays - been through this before.... only show in town. Last time it was threatened Ireland's Uncle Joe had a "little chat" with Boris and the Internal Market Bill was binned in under 24 hours. I'm sure he's watching.

The bigger issue is the image of the UK. We have a reputation of being 'untrustworthy' and notorious treaty breakers - we are just blatantly confirming this in front of the world.  Our other stereo-type is of being whingers (whinging poms)  - once again confirming this, moaning that we are been "punished" for Brexit when we no longer have the rights as EU members. Its pathetic.

EU have not actually signed the deal yet.......  interesting.
Report cryoftruth March 4, 2021 8:54 PM GMT
ifc your determination to defend the indefensible is quite admirable. No logic sense or reason but that sort of determined bloody mindedness is quite remarkable,

Johnson signed a deal. He has announced the intention to unilaterally break the deal.

I suppose it’s no shock to anyone in the U.K. that he once again has been caught as a proven bare faced liar. And no shock to anyone familiar with ifc that he would immediately deny the fact that Johnson has lied yet again whilst excusing the bare faced lie at the very same moment!
Report cryoftruth March 4, 2021 8:58 PM GMT
Wallflower.

A bit like how much international goodwill has gone to Biden after the world was free from the odious Trump, any successor to the current horribly corrupt dishonest British government will lead to many countries breathing a sigh of relief and hoping the British will return to a semblance of decency and honesty.
Report Wallflower March 4, 2021 10:49 PM GMT
Its true -  UK is viewed as bordering on a rogue state - run by ideologues and fantasists.

Not sure what this latest attempt to undermine the NI protocol is about - obviously deliberately provocative.  The question is why?

Everything this regime does is political so is 

(1) a distraction of some kind?  - (a) Maybe because they are nowhere near ready for the border checks and too embarrassed to admit, so try and make a virtue of it
                                   (b) Keep the ERG head-bangers at bay for another while, as the internal UK border thing is definitely irritating them

or

(2) Leverage to get Financial Services Equivalence?   (a)  Wont work

Sooner or later the EU and / or US are going to get fed-up and give us a proper kicking. Need to be careful I'd suggest.
Report lfc1971 March 4, 2021 10:49 PM GMT
Please don’t ratify the deal EU , game over Happy
Report lfc1971 March 5, 2021 10:47 AM GMT
Ministers claim ‘ belligerent EU ‘ doesn’t care about peace process , using border problems to divert from chaos in Europe’s vaccine rollout
Report lapsy pa March 5, 2021 10:56 AM GMT
Who? Arlene who voted for this NI protocol? They have enough problems, a child sex offender and a drug war breaking out in Shankhill with the uda.
Report lfc1971 March 5, 2021 11:00 AM GMT
She voted against it
Report lapsy pa March 5, 2021 11:04 AM GMT
She voted for brexit, they are a party who are bullying their wishes on a majority who want peace and the NI protocol and using veiled threats of violence,own it Arlene.
Report lfc1971 March 5, 2021 11:08 AM GMT
Lp the customs have to work efficiently and well that is all she is saying and with no extra costs for business
That should seem reasonable to all
Report lapsy pa March 5, 2021 11:17 AM GMT
Wrong,they are against peace on the island by their opposition to the GFA,Sammy Wilson is quoted as saying they can go chippy if there were logistical problems but that was in the event of the no deal. Amazing the false tears now when they didn't get what they wanted.
Report lfc1971 March 5, 2021 6:37 PM GMT
More U.K. unilateral changes to NI protocol
Garden plants now can move from Britain to NI without restrictions
( as before )
Well done Boris
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com