Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
casemoney
03 Feb 21 20:54
| Topic/replies: 37,227 | Blogger: casemoney's blog
Staycation best imo , as cannot be sure what will be going on abroad , Get booking the Prices will rocket in the next few weeks ..

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 95
By:
GAZO
When: 03 Feb 21 21:13
they moan that the government is killing their business with lockdown,then they will try to screw us with higher prices
By:
Giuseppe
When: 03 Feb 21 21:17
staycation will be a problem too, moving outside your area? spreading new variants?
By:
Giuseppe
When: 03 Feb 21 21:18
you'll be allowed down the road to the chipper if you're lucky
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Feb 21 21:18
was going to book weekends in Portugal and Italy but this looks set to run and run.

Scaremongering and doing anything to avoid the need to get back to the reality of the redundancies that are coming
By:
sofiakenny
When: 03 Feb 21 21:20
Aha Joe!..you are revealing details of your heritage!...did you say chipper and not chippy?
By:
Giuseppe
When: 03 Feb 21 21:21
yes

chipper in ireland

mostly run by italians too
By:
TimmyRiggins
When: 03 Feb 21 21:29
Got the states booked for summer, but all no cost to cancel.

Flight will just take the refund and book another for December if required.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 03 Feb 21 21:32
would be amazed if we were allowed abroad in the summer, at least without all the quarantine ****
By:
TimmyRiggins
When: 03 Feb 21 21:37
Yeah, I booked it all up last summer when it got cancelled, and not expecting to go.

I'll take a few days out and some afternoons in the beer garden.
By:
TimmyRiggins
When: 03 Feb 21 21:38
That's if the vaccine I'm getting Saturday doesn't knock me off before I hit 41 Laugh
By:
shiny new shoes please
When: 03 Feb 21 21:43
2.5oo fine or
6 month in the joy

14 day quarantine Dublin airport starts friday.
By:
Burt06
When: 03 Feb 21 22:09
My little brothers 30th in August - 56 of us booked for Benidorm.

We going come what may.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 03 Feb 21 22:10
even with a 14 day hotel stay at your expense?
By:
mafeking
When: 03 Feb 21 22:13
even if we get more or less back to normal say by early summer where could you go if the EU's vaccination programme is still a complete shambles and months behind ? certainly won't be able to go anywhere without jumping through lots of hoops
By:
Burt06
When: 03 Feb 21 22:13
That will be gone by than. Anyway, we are all paid up.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 03 Feb 21 22:34
not if there are new variants!
By:
TimmyRiggins
When: 03 Feb 21 22:39
I said 2022 before we see the arse end of this, once I realised I was being one of the covidiot mongs this time last year.

Still think that will be the case, and I'm under the impression these will be like flu vaccines, going forward and it'll take weeks to amend/alter vaccines now they're in action.

Of course, I think a mate of mine that posts under a few of the nicks here think the government wanted to bottom the economy, so they can make people wear masks and not have pubs open etc. Crazy

I can do the quarantine thing at home after a holiday, as I have an office in the house. I won't be going anywhere I've got to sit in a hotel when I arrive, though Laugh
By:
Giuseppe
When: 03 Feb 21 22:46
"going forward and it'll take weeks to amend/alter vaccines now they're in action."

will take a lot longer than that: just vaccinating everyone again will take months
By:
shiny new shoes please
When: 03 Feb 21 23:20
TimmyRiggins • February 3, 2021 11:39 PM GMT
I said 2022
I'm under the impression these will be like flu vaccines, going forward and it'll take weeks to amend/alter vaccines now they're in action.

Welcome to go real world.

No e.u. Travel this summer
By:
lord skywalker
When: 03 Feb 21 23:42
its always been expensive to holiday in the uk, far cheaper to go to spain or france
By:
shiny new shoes please
When: 04 Feb 21 05:20
Kiss ur e.u. Holidays bye bye

The corona pass (vax cert)
Launchs 2day denmark.
By:
sageform
When: 04 Feb 21 07:30
I will book after our second doses of vaccine in April if at all. Probably UK this year but I will be hoping to get to the Algarve or Andalucia in early 2022.
By:
lovegod
When: 04 Feb 21 09:47
Had a flight to Greece in September that I've moved to first week of June, not hopeful that I'll be going though.

Also got tickets for York's Dante meeeting May that again were carried over from last year and even less hopeful about them.
By:
casemoney
When: 04 Feb 21 09:56
Restrictions will be lifted to what Degree who knows , once the vaccine has been given to those who need it most , Sadly we have over 50% in some communities who are refusing the vaccine Sad
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Feb 21 12:00
Why is that sad Case?

Do you not believe in Charles Darwin although tbf I would not get a vaccine if I did not need one for travel overseas. I am not an anti Vader, I don’t believe there are micro chips in the vaccine and vaccinations have all but eradicated certain diseases and have their place but I am pretty sure humans would hav3 developed resistance to this virus and the fact we may need boosters every year disturbs me.
By:
layingisthewayforward
When: 04 Feb 21 13:02
Majorca in May, cant wait. Badly needed!
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 04 Feb 21 13:05
I had a holiday booked last year and faced dengue fever

Seems far more deadly than covid.

Holiday postponed due to covid, get covid vax I can go risk dengue, lol
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Feb 21 13:08
Don’t think you’ll be going to Majorca unless you buy a dinghy on the beach in Dover and row their yourself but good luck!

I was supposed to be going to Amrika for a wedding and a drive along Route 66 but  that is not happening for now or I do t think it will
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 04 Feb 21 13:11
Our travel agent is still optimistic for late July onwards.

We shall see.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 04 Feb 21 13:17
has there been any word on whether vaccinated people will be allowed to go / skip quarantine etc?
By:
politicspunter
When: 04 Feb 21 13:23
We were hoping to go on at least part of a world cruise on the QM2 in 2022 but Covid has temporarily scuppered the transplant programme that my wife is waiting on. Addenbrookes say that obviously Covid has had a massive impact on possible donors (can't tell for 100% certain if donors may have Covid) but also that the hospital is snowed under with Covid related patients.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Feb 21 13:27
Cruises are going to be cheap for a couple of yearsLaugh!

Except that old people have the money and after this experience will probably think it better to die on a cruise than in a NHS HospitalSad

At least Tom got to Barbados to fulfill his dream before the NHS killed him!
By:
politicspunter
When: 04 Feb 21 13:30
Depends what you consider as cheap Grin You are right enough though that the cruise industry could be badly damaged by the pandemic.
By:
politicspunter
When: 04 Feb 21 13:32
https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/find-a-cruise/M203I/M203I

This is the one we were hoping to go on. Still hoping I guess.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 04 Feb 21 13:33
They will just offer incentives to get folk travelling.

So many people will rush to take advantage of something
previously unaffordable
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 04 Feb 21 13:35
104 nights, wow,
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Feb 21 13:38
Too right!

Huge discounts but like I said old folk have money and don’t want to die in soiled under pants they will get back on the boat
By:
politicspunter
When: 04 Feb 21 13:45
We have met folks on board who have only sailed with Cunard, never with anyone else, often over fifty voyages. Every time you sail with them , you build up a better discount, free upgrade etc. Many go last minute and are happy to take the lowest grade of cabin (It's still lovely!) for the lowest price.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 04 Feb 21 13:47
Digital verification apps by British Airways and Emirates.
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com