Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Mexico
26 Jan 21 10:35
| Topic/replies: 7,707 | Blogger: Mexico's blog
With a link to the story...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55757378

These are stats based on death certificates so higher than the 28 day daily statistics.
Obviously won’t include the millions of people the shiny hat brigade witter on about who test positive then get hit by an asteroid or attacked by a great White the following week.

The ONS stats are up to 15th January so unfortunately will already be many more Covid deaths.
UK will pass 0.2% of entire population dying because of Covid.

No wonder medical experts believe that those who break the rules have blood on their hands.
Pause Switch to Standard View 104,000 UK Covid deaths.
Show More
Report nineteen points January 26, 2021 5:16 PM GMT
duffy,i respect your view but for a large chunk of the population they are crippling.not everyone is sitting in a comforable bbc world getting well paid.
Report Giuseppe January 26, 2021 5:20 PM GMT
i hope not duffy
Report 1st time poster January 27, 2021 4:13 PM GMT
if theres only 20% of the most vulnerable left to vacc,they,ll be done by end of feb with their 2/3 weeks after jab in
dont understand where this 50,000 more deaths comes from
Report thegiggilo January 27, 2021 4:36 PM GMT
1700 deaths incredible world beating ffs,cases still at 25,000 and a large % avoidable just unbelievable wghat the tories have done..
Report thegiggilo January 27, 2021 4:36 PM GMT
1700 deaths incredible world beating ffs,cases still at 25,000 and a large % avoidable just unbelievable wghat the tories have done..
Report frog1000 January 27, 2021 4:42 PM GMT
Yep. If these case numbers are correct it just shows that these partial lock downs and mask wearing policies are not working.

We need to reduce the deaths by supporting the vulnerable to have full lock down whilst the rest of society goes out and pays for it.

Time for Boris to admit he got the wrong policy and protect the vulnerable.
Report frog1000 January 27, 2021 4:44 PM GMT
Its been over three weeks now of their lock down.
Report Cider January 27, 2021 4:45 PM GMT
I can see the vaccines beginning to take effect in the latest stats. Very promising tbf.
Report frog1000 January 27, 2021 4:46 PM GMT
How so Cider? Are the cases in over 80s falling the most?
Report frog1000 January 27, 2021 4:51 PM GMT
Not seeing it myself from charts..

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases?areaType=nation&areaName=England

Over 60s down from 483 to 304 per 100k
under 60s down from 714 to 413.

much bigger drop in under 60s and looking at colour charts the rolling rate of the 90+s is over 800 per 100k.

What is going on?

Why are the people most likely to die with Covid also the highest number with it?
Report Cider January 27, 2021 4:53 PM GMT
In the death numbers and admissions. It's quite marked actually, especially in deaths (I had a hunch we would see it there first). I realise it seems odd when 1,568 is reported but Wednesday it the new Tuesday for catching up on the weekend. England is now comfortably below 1K a day (and falling).
Report Cider January 27, 2021 4:56 PM GMT
23-01-2021    807   
22-01-2021    919   
21-01-2021    988   
20-01-2021    1,041   

23rd will still increase but not by much.
Report Cider January 27, 2021 5:00 PM GMT
The case rates are not really worth monitoring per 100k for the very oldsters. It's a smaller population (comparatively) so the percentages are blown up.
Report frog1000 January 27, 2021 5:06 PM GMT
Well over half deaths are over 80s and they are mostly had first vaccine. So if it works will be awesome. But we must track the numbers.
Report Cider January 27, 2021 5:09 PM GMT
It's also worth repeating that cases are still falling. It's the weekend distortion again. The better benchmark is reported today (23K) against a week ago (35K).
Report Cider January 27, 2021 5:12 PM GMT
It takes 2 weeks for immunity from the 1st dose to kick in. We've done a lot of vaccination in the last 2 weeks and care homes should be completed this week. It's still early of course, but we can be quietly confident I feel.
Report Cider January 27, 2021 5:16 PM GMT
We still have a high amount of people in hospital that the vaccine couldn't reach in time. Because of improved treatments and a better chance of survival that will be the last number to reduce, and some of them still won't make it unfortunately.
Report 1st time poster January 27, 2021 5:16 PM GMT
so where do the 50,000 more deaths come from,at 4,000 a week thats 12  weeks,10 weeks after last of vulnerable are vacc
Report Giuseppe January 27, 2021 5:17 PM GMT
the deaths will take longer to come down than you think
Report Giuseppe January 27, 2021 5:18 PM GMT
look at israel, little if any effect so far, and there's miles ahead of the UK
Report Cider January 27, 2021 5:18 PM GMT
It won't be that high in my view, after this winter. It will eventually of course as the disease won't disappear.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 27, 2021 5:19 PM GMT
We are at around 120k now, there's still lots who left hospital
and sadly died after 28 days to be back fitted.
Report 1st time poster January 27, 2021 5:19 PM GMT
if the most vulnerable are vacc and 2 weeks immun by end of feb,who,s going to be dying then,30,000 plus not vulnerable
Report Cider January 27, 2021 5:19 PM GMT
Israel have a different approach I believe, not prioritising the most at risk? I've not really looked at them too closely.
Report cryoftruth January 27, 2021 5:21 PM GMT

It takes 2 weeks for immunity from the 1st dose to kick in. We've done a lot of vaccination in the last 2 weeks and care homes should be completed this week. It's still early of course, but we can be quietly confident I feel.

Well cider I really hope your confidence is not misplaced and we can start to return to normal before too much longer.  I also hope that we all keep making the effort to assist all countries get well vaccinated. This will never be over until we reduce this pandemic and significantly reduce the chances of a new strain evolving that by passes vaccines  and starts killing people all over again.

Someone in my family has been alone socially isolating for damned near a year now and it’s cruel indeed on so many people. However I would rather have them protected a bit through lockdowns and being lonely than seeing them dead.
Report 1st time poster January 27, 2021 5:26 PM GMT
new virus in march 1st wave 50,0 deaths
2nd wave,new variant 50,000 deaths
12 months,3 lockdowns,vacc by feb and we,re still  told to expect another 50,000 deaths
performing worse than march with over 80% of most vulnerable supposedly vacc and others done by end of feb

DONT GET IT , I MUST BE MISSING SOIMETHING
Report Cider January 27, 2021 5:26 PM GMT
Hopefully there's no errors in the data, cryoftruth. It's really important that we don't let up with vaccine delivery. This country is very keen on helping others it seems to me, once we've protected the majority of our vulnerable people. Hopefully, it will also make the vaccine a stronger sell to anyone vulnerable but not so keen on the vaccine.
Report Cider January 27, 2021 5:29 PM GMT
1st timer, my view is that it is a winter virus and has largely displaced flu deaths. Last year it came at the very tail end of winter. This year of course, as we're seeing across europe, it has been throughout the cold season.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 27, 2021 5:30 PM GMT
Those getting first dose will be getting second dose
around Easter, and have peak immunity mid April.
Report cryoftruth January 27, 2021 5:31 PM GMT
Yes hopefully it will cider.
I sort of see the antivaxers as a group that also believes the earth is flat, that Armstrong never landed on the moon, that the 9/11 attacks were done with the complicity of the CIA and GW Bush and that Donald Trump tells the truth!

Maybe I am being unfair to them. I was anxious myself whenI go the first jab but a slightly sore arm for a day was about all I noticed.
Report nineteen points January 27, 2021 5:33 PM GMT
deaths were around 40k at the start of november.now around 105k.what happened to make that massive leap? winter months? should of had a lockdown and mask mandate. maybe Mischief
Report Cider January 27, 2021 5:34 PM GMT
It's social media stuff really. It's a legitimate position not to want a vaccine, what isn't legitimate is trying to influence others. I feel once the results are tangible it should help to convince.
Report eyeball January 27, 2021 5:35 PM GMT
The vaccine produces antibodies to fight the virus . this is not the problem . The problem is the over reaction of the immune system . Until the government recognize that people with low levels of vitamin D are more likely to have severe problems or die , they will not solve the problem .
Report frog1000 January 27, 2021 5:36 PM GMT

Jan 27, 2021 -- 11:35AM, eyeball wrote:

The vaccine produces antibodies to fight the virus . this is not the problem . The problem is the over reaction of the immune system . Until the government recognize that people with low levels of vitamin D are more likely to have severe problems or die , they will not solve the problem .

What makes you think the government is ignoring vitamin D?

Clinically vulnerable being given it for free.

The letters from Matt Hancock mention it all the time.

Report Giuseppe January 27, 2021 5:40 PM GMT
would it be an idea to encourage people out into the sunlight more? role up sleeves etc? would seem sensible
Report eyeball January 27, 2021 5:45 PM GMT
400iu per day is not enough . As you get older your body does not produce vitamin D as well . Older people are much more likely to stay in doors , especially those in homes . They produce virtually zero during winter months . Somewhere nearer 2000iu daily would be more beneficial , imo .
Report rothko January 27, 2021 5:56 PM GMT
cryoftruth • January 27, 2021 5:31 PM GMT
Yes hopefully it will cider.
I sort of see the antivaxers as a group that also believes the earth is flat, that Armstrong never landed on the moon, that the 9/11 attacks were done with the complicity of the CIA and GW Bush and that Donald Trump tells the truth!

Maybe I am being unfair to them. I was anxious myself whenI go the first jab but a slightly sore arm for a day was about all I noticed

The antivaxers are not one unified group with one reason for not wanting the virus. Issues with the BAME community take up, religious grounds, comcerns about the effacacy of the virus, conspiracy theorists etc etc
Report Giuseppe January 27, 2021 5:57 PM GMT
why won't the BAMEs take the vaccine? i hsven't been following this

is it afro-caribbeans, muslims, south asians or all three?
Report rothko January 27, 2021 6:01 PM GMT
ow up-take of the COVID-19 vaccine among members of the black and minority ethnic (BAME) community is a national issue. A problem exacerbated by the fact that BAME people are at a higher risk of serious illness from COVID-19.

The problem has led to North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust to release a series of videos in various languages appealing to the BAME community to get the vaccine when offered it.
Report rothko January 27, 2021 6:02 PM GMT
Just 57 per cent of black and minority ethnic (BAME) respondents to the Royal Society for Public Health survey in December said they were likely to accept the vaccine, compared to 79 per cent of white respondents – and confidence was lowest amongst those who identified as Asian (55 per cent).

It followed the findings of another study last year that showed that BAME parents were almost three times more likely to reject the vaccine for themselves and their children
Report Giuseppe January 27, 2021 6:04 PM GMT
are there religious issues here?
Report frog1000 January 27, 2021 6:07 PM GMT
Unethical healthcare practices historically likely to be a factor.
Report frog1000 January 27, 2021 6:12 PM GMT
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9161705/SAGE-blames-institutional-racism-study-shows-72-black-Britons-unlikely-vaccine.html

Dr Habib Naqvi, director of the NHS Race and Health Observatory, has said language and cultural barriers play a part in the false information being distributed.

He said: 'We need to be clear to our communities that there is no meat or meat products in the vaccine. There is no pork, there is no alcohol and it has been endorsed by religious leaders and religious councils.

'Organisations and officials are working with social Asian role models, community leaders, influencers, religious leaders, to help to debunk some of the myths that are out there.'

Dr Naqvi said is essential for the NHS to tailor its services to meet 'the diverse needs of our communities'.
Report nineteen points January 27, 2021 11:06 PM GMT
i see the new variant has different symptoms than the one before.it has dropped the lack of taste and smell.symptoms now seem to be a cough,muscle pain,fatigue and sore throat.these new ones seem very similar to that old winter respiratory disease we used to have in the olden days.flu,i think it was called.
Report moisok January 28, 2021 12:00 AM GMT
Language - this is the uk - who doesn't speak english?  Don't you think there is much more to this.  There's at least 1.2 million unregistered here.
Report nineteen points January 29, 2021 12:12 PM GMT
3rd week of lockdown and cases still going up.whats happening with the masks? send more lockdowns and masks
Report TheBetterBettor January 29, 2021 12:16 PM GMT
^^^ Thatcher wouldve stopped the furlough ..... a long long time ago.
Report nineteen points January 29, 2021 12:18 PM GMT
yes,and they would be banging the doors down to get back to work and end this lockdown charade.good for her.
Report bigpoppapump January 29, 2021 12:18 PM GMT
in the UK there were 28k new cases yesterday and 68k on 8th january, 3 weeks ago

but don't let facts get in the way of your bellendery
Report nineteen points January 29, 2021 12:50 PM GMT
yes that really proves your lockdowns working like a dream eh? if you have to rely on insults to prove your point,then i think you argument is bankrupt
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2021 12:51 PM GMT
why are there 28k cases a day if you in lockdown and everybody is wearing masks?
Report bigpoppapump January 29, 2021 12:58 PM GMT
to young nineteen pints: I'm relying on numbers to prove my point, not insults.  The insult was because I cannot help myself but insult someone who doesn't understand that 28 is a smaller number than 68.  I'll withdraw the bellend insult, if you do understand 28 is smaller than 68?  Let me know.

to the other character with the basic question:  there are still new cases each day because there's a lot of virus out there and people are still interacting with each other in certain situations.

anyway:

28k new daily cases yesterday versus 68k 3 weeks ago is a simple fact.  And 28k is smaller than 68k.
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2021 12:59 PM GMT
"people are still interacting with each other in certain situations"

why is this allowed?
Report bigpoppapump January 29, 2021 1:01 PM GMT
are you asking me because you genuinely do not know?  (are you even asking me, or is it a question to the Universe?)
Report lux January 29, 2021 1:16 PM GMT
I notice the Christmas Day relaxation spike that people were shrieking about appears not to have materialised? Deaths fell 17th-21st Jan.
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2021 1:16 PM GMT
if the key to stopping the spread is locking people down, why aren't the measures more restrictive?

why aren't people only allowed out once or twice a week for example to go shopping?
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2021 1:17 PM GMT
the greeks are considering introducing a system where you are allowed out for 4 hours only
Report layingisthewayforward January 29, 2021 2:32 PM GMT
I say extend the lockdown forever. Close all schools, kids dont need to learn anything, close all pubs and restaurants for good, they're not essential right? At least we won't catch the virus?
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2021 2:33 PM GMT
even if we did that no doubt some idiots would still refuse to wear masks and there would still be covid
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2021 2:34 PM GMT
i think we need to combine eternal lockdown with martial law
Report bigpoppapump January 29, 2021 2:59 PM GMT
lux 29 Jan 21 14:16 
I notice the Christmas Day relaxation spike that people were shrieking about appears not to have materialised? Deaths fell 17th-21st Jan.

shrieking is an unnecessary term to position people who may have held a reasonable opinion that mixing at Christmas was a bad idea, as somehow hysterical.

Anyway, the point that deaths fell in your chosen date range isn't proof of anything to do with 'the christmas relaxation'.  Do you know to what extent people actually did mix more at Christmas?  that would be relevant to subsequent case loads numbers.  FWIW cases continued to rise as there were 68k new cases reported on jan 8th (the highest single day) and it was 41k on Dec 28, so you've got a casual suggestion there that any increased mixing in December was showing up in case numbers until we had the current lockdown on Jan 5th.

If your point is that there's no link between increased mixing and case numbers (and ultimately deaths) then, as before, I'd invite you to look at the steady decrease in case numbers as January has worn on and the current measures have taken effect.   

These clowns doing the childish 'oh well we should lockdown for ever and have martial law too' aren't really worth their oxygen.  They blabber away about 'lockdown doesn't even work' and when you show them it does, they start bleating stupid sh1t like this:

if the key to stopping the spread is locking people down, why aren't the measures more restrictive?

why aren't people only allowed out once or twice a week for example to go shopping?

so; difficult one for an imbecile to understand but last try.  Lockdown isn't 'the key' to permanently stopping the virus (the vaccines are the ultimate solution).  The lockdown, or the current social restrictions, or whatever you want to call them, are there to decrease case loads to ease the burden on the health services.  And as evidenced above, the current measures are having a positive effect on case numbers.  Why aren't they more restrictive?  Because the choices the government are having to make are not binary.  They are having to make difficult decisions and to strike a balance between unattractive alternatives.  Believe me, I do not like the government one little bit, and think they have lacked aggression and made many foolish decisions.  But the decision itself isn't binary.  You should stop bleating sh1t, you make yourself sound like a child.

I see Mr 19 hasn't responded to my reasonable offer; he must still be researching which number is bigger, 28 or 68
Report nineteen points January 29, 2021 3:12 PM GMT
the figure of 28k doesnt seem to me as a great success.if my team gets beat 10 nil one week then 5 nil the next i wouldnt be claiming we were now unbeatable with a rock solid defence.
Report bigpoppapump January 29, 2021 3:16 PM GMT
nineteen points Joined: 18 Feb 02
Replies: 2309929 Jan 21 13:12 
3rd week of lockdown and cases still going up.whats happening with the masks? send more lockdowns and masks
Report bigpoppapump January 29, 2021 3:17 PM GMT
nobody made any football analogies

you made a claim that case numbers were 'still going up'.  I showed you the numbers.

you sticking to 28k as a bigger number than 68k?
Report nineteen points January 29, 2021 3:30 PM GMT
why would they say on sky news they were worried as numbers still rising? maybe your 68k figure is a bit out?
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2021 3:31 PM GMT
they're always worried on sky news
Report Cider January 29, 2021 3:33 PM GMT
From a numbers pov. That 28K isn't an increase, it's due to the nature of the way new positive tests are reported. The rolling 7 day total is the best place to see the true trend.

The percentage drop on the right is verus the same week in the previous week.

23-01-2021    210,085    373.2    -23.2
22-01-2021    218,017    387.3    -22.4
21-01-2021    228,002    405.1    -20.4
20-01-2021    237,859    422.6    -19.3
19-01-2021    247,313    439.4    -18.8
18-01-2021    256,059    454.9    -19.4
17-01-2021    266,981    474.3    -20.4
16-01-2021    273,509    485.9    -22.3
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2021 3:33 PM GMT
here we go with the new profile pic

solo lazio
Report Cider January 29, 2021 3:34 PM GMT
And the Zoe app data

.https://covid.joinzoe.com/data
Report Cider January 29, 2021 3:36 PM GMT
Pretty odd, given Drakefords announcement about schools, Wales has the highest rate in the UK currently (not that he's playing politics or anything).
Report lux January 29, 2021 3:49 PM GMT
Anyway, the point that deaths fell in your chosen date range isn't proof of anything to do with 'the christmas relaxation'.  Do you know to what extent people actually did mix more at Christmas?  that would be relevant to subsequent case loads numbers.  FWIW cases continued to rise as there were 68k new cases reported on jan 8th (the highest single day) and it was 41k on Dec 28, so you've got a casual suggestion there that any increased mixing in December was showing up in case numbers until we had the current lockdown on Jan 5th.

There were repeated assertions that the Christmas Day relaxation was irresponsible and would lead to increased deaths.  Deaths manifest on average 3.5 - 4 weeks after infection. Hence 17th - 21st January . I’ve no idea to what extent people mixed more on Christmas Day but I’d hazard a guess that mixing increased.

Regarding you next point - Cases continued to rise. Yes they did, because almost twice as many people were being tested.

Tests 26th Dec  269,000 tests - 14th Jan 698,000. The average in December was low to mid 300k so considerably higher on the day (Jan 8th - 680k) you highlight.
Report bigpoppapump January 29, 2021 4:26 PM GMT
you're certainly correct that increased testing creates more cases being caught.  But are you going further and saying increased testing is the only reason numbers continued to rise until the Jan 8th peak?  If so, and that appears to be your point, why do numbers continue to fall now?  Is there less testing?
Report bigpoppapump January 29, 2021 4:31 PM GMT
There were repeated assertions that the Christmas Day relaxation was irresponsible and would lead to increased deaths.

it's also worth pointing out that the government U-turned on the Christmas relaxation to a large degree.  So the assertions made about the danger of what had been proposed wasn't actually tested in the real world, because by the time Christmas arrived, the official messaging had become a version of 'you can do this, but please don't because it's dangerous'

if you think that sounds bizarre (the gvt messaging against its own rules) then I agree with you.  It was.
Report Mister E January 29, 2021 4:56 PM GMT
Remember the early Downing Street briefings.
Used to have a slide UK v france v Italy v Spain, they have dropped that.
Used to have a rider about deaths being "underlying health conditions" dont hear that now either

Coincidence or the PR machine aknowledging they have screwed up and it cant be glossed over.

If Corbyn had presided over this the Mail?Sun/Express ould have been calling for his head
Report Cider January 29, 2021 5:10 PM GMT
'they have screwed up'

who is this?
Report irishone January 29, 2021 9:14 PM GMT
Hindsight is a wonderful thing
But prior to covid
GB was proud of its tolerance and diversity

Not so proud now
Report shiny new shoes please January 29, 2021 9:20 PM GMT
If I'm a pagan of the good times
My lover's the sunlight
To keep the Goddess on my side
She demands a sacrifice
Drain the whole sea
Get something shinyExcited
Something meaty for the main course
That's a fine looking high horse
What you got in the stable?
We've a lot of starving faithful
That looks tasty
That looks plenty
This is hungry work
Keep your AI I'm human
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2021 9:25 PM GMT
you don't think that song is about you do you?
Report shiny new shoes please January 29, 2021 9:30 PM GMT
Don't tell me money's nothing the rich protect it well

Look around, you can't get a job

But I work to live,

I don't live to work.

So my head's all filled with yes I can

And my suitcase packed with my master plan

With my lucky penny swinging around my neck

#sheep this way pls.
Report Mister E January 30, 2021 11:50 AM GMT
'they have screwed up'

who is this?

Successive governments, in particular the current one.
Although I suppose for the benefiaries of their outsourcing to a select few they have done a good job.
Report Cider January 30, 2021 12:06 PM GMT
It's the mechanics of government isn't it, not the politicians. The politicians did everything SAGE and the NHS asked them to do. It's arguable the political influence, taking testing away from NHS England, taking vaccine deployment out of NHS management hands, the vaccine development and securing contracts with big pharma are the things that have gone well. Unless you think it's Matt Hancock ringing around suppliers for PPE. We pay lots of people an awful lot of money in Whitehall to do that.
Report Cider January 30, 2021 12:09 PM GMT
Some absolutely terrible contracts got handed out, due to a mix of desperation and Whitehall incompetence.
Report shiny new shoes please January 30, 2021 1:48 PM GMT
Has this ever happened before ???????ExcitedLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Suck it up ..ExcitedCryCryCry

You'll soon forget ...ExcitedDevilDevil

#screwthemtherethickassh1t.
Report shiny new shoes please January 31, 2021 4:29 PM GMT
ExcitedLaughLaugh
Report tobermory January 31, 2021 8:26 PM GMT
This lockdown is clearly reducing cases, they have halved from over 60,000 to about 30,000 this month

Could the vaccine not be reducing cases...
Report cryoftruth February 1, 2021 8:07 PM GMT
Not many yet.

Just wonder why the Covid lockdown deniers think Germany has lost half as many people was the U.K.?
Could it be that Johnson and Handcock are utterly useless (1.01)?
Report Giuseppe February 1, 2021 8:15 PM GMT
have you seen Germany's numbers over the last 2 months?
Report nineteen points February 1, 2021 8:20 PM GMT
you say lockdown has halved the case.how come countries who havent locked down have seen their cases half as well?

also a bit strange that flu has seen least cases for 130 years,95% down on normal.how strange
Report Cider February 1, 2021 9:02 PM GMT

Feb 1, 2021 -- 2:07PM, cryoftruth wrote:

Not many yet.Just wonder why the Covid lockdown deniers think Germany has lost half as many people was the U.K.?Could it be that Johnson and Handcock are utterly useless (1.01)?

Scotland 1360 per million
Germany 696 per million

Any ideas?

Report cryoftruth February 2, 2021 8:19 AM GMT
Interesting stats.
Interesting that today’s news said Johnson was denying ignoring advice regards Covid border security.
Just like he denied that there would be border checks between N Ireland and rest of U.K.
12 months on and imbecile has still not secured us from importation of virus and new strains are coming in that may get round the vaccines.
Not even the faintest whiff of care or competence from this evil government.
Never mind the bankers who fund the Tory Party are still getting their nice fat tax cuts and food banks continue to thrive.
Report nineteen points February 2, 2021 8:44 AM GMT
at last i have seen some good news,

apparently i have a 1 in 165,000 chance of dying of covid today

but only a 1 in 42,000 chance of dying of anything else.

dont tell mexico!!!!!
Report Shrewd_dude February 2, 2021 12:40 PM GMT
Scotland 1360 per million
Germany 696 per million

Any ideas?

You won't get a sensible answer from COT on that. His view is that those overseeing the English mess are murderers but those running the Scottish mess could have done better. Sums up everything you need to know about him.
Report 1st time poster February 2, 2021 1:15 PM GMT
weekending jan 2,364 died in carehomes a 30% increase on previous week and 8 weeks after 1st vaccs were administered,
hancock guaranteed not a single person with a vacc would die of covid 3 weeks after receiving vacc,hard to believe none of those 2,364 hadnt had the vacc
Report frog1000 February 2, 2021 1:24 PM GMT

Feb 2, 2021 -- 7:15AM, 1st time poster wrote:

weekending jan 2,364 died in carehomes a 30% increase on previous week and 8 weeks after 1st vaccs were administered,hancock guaranteed not a single person with a vacc would die of covid 3 weeks after receiving vacc,hard to believe none of those 2,364 hadnt had the vacc

When did Hancock guarantee that? Clearly impossible. No vax works 100%.

Report Shrewd_dude February 2, 2021 1:29 PM GMT
Yeah I would be interested in that is well. Hancock is an idiot so wouldn't be surprised if he said it but I doubt he has. Any links 1st time poster.
Report 1st time poster February 2, 2021 1:45 PM GMT
i mentioned it on here weeks ago was flabergasted when he said it
he told piers morgan on GMB about 3/4 weeks ago,2 or 3 interviews back
Report Cider February 2, 2021 2:28 PM GMT
Absolute nonsense.
Report Giuseppe February 2, 2021 2:46 PM GMT
three weeks after first jab? or second?
Report shiny new shoes please February 2, 2021 5:28 PM GMT
Laugh
apparently i have a 1 in 165,000 chance of dying of covid today

but only a 1 in 42,000 chance of dying of anything else.
Report frog1000 February 2, 2021 7:34 PM GMT
Over what time period?

You have a 1 in 1 chance of dying.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com