Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
13 Jan 21 16:14
| Topic/replies: 26,322 | Blogger: ----you-have-to-laugh---'s blog
Ffs

At least new cases seem to be going in right direction

Stay safe
Show More
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk November 25, 2021 7:14 PM GMT
2 different threads Charlie. I shouldve posted on here first it is a more maths based thread
I'm presenting the count in a different way
You have an objection to this?
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk November 25, 2021 7:15 PM GMT
Don't try and make fun of my name please. I don't think you'd fare too well.
Report Charlie November 25, 2021 7:18 PM GMT

Nov 25, 2021 -- 1:15PM, Jumping-cuckoo-monk wrote:

Don't try and make fun of my name please. I don't think you'd fare too well.

You can make as much fun of my name as you want it doesn't bother me.

You can post on as many threads as you want but it becomes tedious replying to them. What is your point about the numbers you keep quoting?

Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk November 25, 2021 7:21 PM GMT
You don't need to follow me around threads.
The title of this thread is 1,564
I'm adding a different way of looking at the count.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk November 25, 2021 7:23 PM GMT
If Chris Whitty walked into your front room would you follow him around asking what the figures mean?
The figs speak for themselves.
Report JetLoneStar November 25, 2021 7:25 PM GMT
Before or after kissing his feet?

Laugh
Report Charlie November 25, 2021 7:26 PM GMT

Nov 25, 2021 -- 1:21PM, Jumping-cuckoo-monk wrote:

You don't need to follow me around threads.The title of this thread is 1,564I'm adding a different way of looking at the count.

What count? You've just spouted numbers without context. Are these numbers good or bad? Explain what you mean if you can.

Report Cider November 25, 2021 7:28 PM GMT
Perspective is very very important when it comes to data. The lack of perspective that lay people have over this stuff has been abused by far too many people, people that should be ethical like the ONS. They have simply been professionally corrupted by the pandemic, that trust will never return in my opinion.
Report Cider November 25, 2021 7:31 PM GMT
Between 2 January and 24 September 2021, the age-adjusted risk of deaths involving coronavirus (COVID-19) was 32 times greater in unvaccinated people than in fully vaccinated individuals.

CrazyCrazy
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk November 25, 2021 7:33 PM GMT
That's too difficult for me Cider. My count is much easier to remember Cool
Report Cider November 25, 2021 7:45 PM GMT
The pandemic fear effectively ended here when all the health freaks were warning of armageddon on July 19th, and cases went down.

That was perspective for the masses.

Most people think there's a virus to be wary of if you're vulnerable, hence they are taking up the booster. But they essentially want to move on with their lives, in my opinion.
Report mafeking November 25, 2021 8:24 PM GMT
hard to disagree been a shocking 18 months for the medical and scientific community. that trust will be very hard to regain

normal people are living normally despite what the media would have you believe. polls still suggesting people want all sorts of restrictions bear no reality whatsoever to what you can observe for yourself on trains, in town centres and pubs etc
Report nineteen points November 25, 2021 8:35 PM GMT
Yougov poll? Laugh
Report nineteen points November 25, 2021 8:36 PM GMT
3 footballers today collapse with heart trouble.
Report Mexico November 25, 2021 8:48 PM GMT
FA report claiming

More young footballers dying of heart problems than thought

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/aug/08/more-young-footballers-dying-of-heart-problems-than-thought-fa-study-finds

At least the authorities are looking at the situation.
Report JetLoneStar November 25, 2021 8:56 PM GMT
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10229159/South-Africa-new-red-travel-list-early-TOMORROW-fears-mutant-strain.html

South Africa could go on new red travel list as early as TOMORROW as Number 10 is warned over super-mutant Botswana Covid variant that has caused 'exponential' rise in infections and could make current vaccines at least 40 per cent less effective
'Worst strain ever'

Hahaha, here we go lads, get the excuse in for the winter death spike Laugh
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk November 25, 2021 9:00 PM GMT
I haven't been scared for 2 days running and now this!
Super market viruses is all we need!
Report JetLoneStar November 25, 2021 9:03 PM GMT
Govt excluding  debate on new anti protest laws.  Introduced 18 pages of new law, after Commons stages and second reading in Lords complete.  Whole Lords committee stage debate on new clauses crammed into one late night.  Commons excluded, Lords marginalised, Parl neutralised.

Riots are coming and they know it, one way to make a peaceful protest turn violent I suppose.
Report Giuseppe November 25, 2021 9:39 PM GMT
4,800 cases in the Irish free State today, around 30% higher per capita than the UK

if only we were wearing masks and had covid passports
Report nineteen points November 25, 2021 9:46 PM GMT
Yes, they are game changers
Report JetLoneStar November 25, 2021 9:49 PM GMT
https://twitter.com/Jenni2161/status/1463828578144030733?s=20

power to the people
Report Giuseppe November 25, 2021 9:57 PM GMT
what is the point of wearing masks,a nd focing bar wowners to ask for covid documents, if it doesn't reduce transmission?
Report thegiggilo November 26, 2021 1:19 AM GMT
Deepti Gurdasani
@dgurdasani1
The post-truth world we're living in is quite something. To try and spin the current situation in the UK as a 'success' (it's not!), and say it did better than Europe (it didn't) because AZ wasn't used as widely in Europe (AZ protection is lower than Pfizer!) is quite phenomenal!

Prof. Christina Pagel
@chrischirp
Plus both the REACT study and UKHSA vax surveillance have clearly found that Pfizer gives you better protection than AZ against infection and hospitalisation for as long a time period as they can measure..

The AZ propaganda is strong...CrazyCrazy
Report Giuseppe November 26, 2021 1:26 AM GMT
"To try and spin the current situation in the UK as a 'success' (it's not!), and say it did better than Europe (it didn't)"

good grief

the CURRENT numbers are better in the UK than many european countries

it is not off the wall to suggest this is because AZ vaccine is behaving differently (protection from infection is fading mmore slowly
Report Giuseppe November 26, 2021 1:27 AM GMT
"Plus both the REACT study and UKHSA vax surveillance have clearly found that Pfizer gives you better protection than AZ against infection and hospitalisation for as long a time period as they can measure.."

studies, studies, studies

what about the real world data?

UK has seen little growth in daily cases while caes skyrocet elsewhere
Report Giuseppe November 26, 2021 1:28 AM GMT
here's one for the experts

why have case numbers caught up with and overtaken the UK over the last month or so?

Ireland uses pfizer, and has masks and covid passports
Report Giuseppe November 26, 2021 1:29 AM GMT
why have case numbers in Ireland caught up with and overtaken the UK over the last month or so?
Report nineteen points November 26, 2021 8:06 AM GMT
because of germ filled masks and passports which instill fearlessness instead of the usual caution
Report irishone November 26, 2021 8:15 AM GMT
I blocked Giuseppe months ago
not only is he a fascist
But he is also incredibly thick
And a begging ponce
Report Mexico November 26, 2021 9:43 AM GMT
Fair play Irishone

His devotion to Mussolini does support that fascist point of view.
Thankfully there were many war heroes fighting against the the Axis powers last century.
I don’t think Giuseppe has got over the execution of Il Duce yet.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk November 26, 2021 10:42 AM GMT
That's racist^^^ As a moderator you should be ashamed of yourself
Seppe asks qs you can't answer so you make personal attacks
Report nineteen points November 26, 2021 11:13 AM GMT
its always the cowards way out.
Report Mexico November 26, 2021 11:14 AM GMT
Jumping

You believe it is racist to agree with Irishone’s opinion? Wouldn’t it be reasonable to believe that a Mussolini supporter is a fascist.

You seem to be living in a different universe if you believe I am a forum moderator.
Report Mexico November 26, 2021 11:17 AM GMT

Are you still too scared to have a vaccine. Who exactly is the coward? Is in those who are too scared to help the country.

How is your job hunting going 19, have you decided to pay income tax and NI yet or happy to let decent people pay for the public services?
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk November 26, 2021 11:20 AM GMT
Point out Giuseppe's fascist views on this thread, Mexico
He has asked qs pertaining to the thread subject.
You have made the jump to Giuseppe's character referencing an Italian Fascist as Giuseppe is Italian.
You are not hard to work out Mexico
Why not address the qs Giuseppe asked on this thread and try and be useful in providing an answer?
You brag of having some sort of intellect, use it for good instead of childish name-calling
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk November 26, 2021 11:22 AM GMT
oh , I've just seen the "scared to take a vaccine" line crop up again
Forget it Mexico,  you are a child.
Report Mexico November 26, 2021 11:44 AM GMT
Jumping

Millions of children have had the vaccine, they are not too scared.

If the unemployed school dropouts call people cowards isn’t it reasonable to ask if these people are too scared to have a safe effective vaccine.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk November 26, 2021 11:50 AM GMT
Why would I have a vaccine if I'm not scared? I don't perceive a massive risk.
I might be right and I might be wrong.
But why do you think I'm scared? Do you think I have a needle phobia?
Your thought processes leave me scratching my head
Are the BAME scared? Are they school dropouts?
Report nineteen points November 26, 2021 11:52 AM GMT
mexico has a few well trotted out lines which are so tedious and frankly quite laughable.folk might respect him and take his views seriously if he could come up with some decent new comments and views
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk November 26, 2021 11:56 AM GMT
I know that Mexico uses the the line of cowardice attributed to non-vaccination.
Very very often
His logic just doesn't stand up
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk November 26, 2021 11:58 AM GMT
I posted a simple stat on here and since then for some reason some seem to be upset with me.
I thought people interested in politics would be more robust in their thinking and logical.
Seems not
Newbury on soon, so back later Happy
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 26, 2021 4:30 PM GMT
UK #DailyCovidUpdate | 26th Nov 2021

Cases:
- Total: 10,070,841 (+50,091) [avg. 44,193.29]

Deaths:
- 28d: 144,593 (+160) [avg. 125.29]
- 60d: 165,643 (+206) [avg. 153.29]

Vaccines:
- 1st: 50,875,712 (+23,579)
- 2nd: 46,255,081 (+22,823)
- 3rd: 16,779,656 (+396,081)
Report thegiggilo November 26, 2021 5:04 PM GMT
WTF ShockedShockedShockedThat's what happens with no mitigations and so predictable another 200 chucked on the pile as well,months and months of asking the same ? how the fcuk are they getting away with it..
Report JetLoneStar November 26, 2021 5:26 PM GMT
Why has anyone with a brain not got mex blocked yet, he's clearly a bot that's malfunctioned.
Report JetLoneStar November 26, 2021 5:27 PM GMT
@gigs what would you suggest we do?
?
also are you the same giggilo that was a bit of an AW master on the horseracing forum?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 26, 2021 5:38 PM GMT
Ons data has 1 in 65 infected

That's about 100,000 new cases
a day, but 1 in 65 is same as
last week.

Think these tests are just catching
up, as they've been about
half of ons level, in general
for some time.
Report eyeball November 26, 2021 5:49 PM GMT
Deaths tend to follow infections by about three weeks. As we have no data for infections, I'll have to go with cases. Cases began to increase from a trough on 6th November so I would expect deaths to increase steadily from now through to January. I would suggest that there will be restrictions put in place before long based on past decision making. Let's hope I am a clueless guesser.
Report Giuseppe November 26, 2021 5:56 PM GMT
eyeball i wouldn't be so sure

deaths have gone down in ireland despite cases skyrocketing

on the other hand austria is on 555 deaths a day now, about three times the UK rate
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 26, 2021 6:03 PM GMT
Eyeball.

It depends if ons figures, or detected
case test figures are more accurate.

If ons is accurate I would expect
more of the same, or even a fall
in deaths as boosters and new
treatments kick in.

If test figures are accurate
then we need flu to stay away
to stop hospitals being unable to cope.

Interesting to see next weeks
ons figures.
Report Giuseppe November 26, 2021 6:15 PM GMT
55 deaths a day in Austria not 555

need a new keyboard

would anyone be willing to lend me 50 euros so i can get one?
Report JetLoneStar November 26, 2021 6:19 PM GMT
I think irish might be able to sort you out Giu.
Report Giuseppe November 26, 2021 6:22 PM GMT
i doubt it Sad
Report Cider November 26, 2021 6:33 PM GMT
We've dipped below 6K positive patients for the first time in around six weeks. This is more correlated with reported deaths, as clearly positive tests in the older ages groups have been going down.

26-11-2021    5,992
25-11-2021    6,068
24-11-2021    6,062
23-11-2021    6,257
22-11-2021    6,424
21-11-2021    6,322
20-11-2021    6,191
19-11-2021    6,310
18-11-2021    6,336
Report layingisthewayforward November 26, 2021 6:44 PM GMT
I see we have yet another new variant. All Boris' fault I'm telling ya CrazyCrazy
Report thegiggilo November 27, 2021 2:17 AM GMT
Adam Schwarz
@AdamJSchwarz
A friend arrived in London this morning on one of the last flights from South Africa.

Health officials met the plane, but no additional precautions are being taken for the hundreds of passengers.

The flight came from Gauteng - the province where the new variant was identified..

WTF sh1t for brains ShockedShockedShockedobviously already here who the vermin going to blame this time with their redlist..
Report lapsy pa November 27, 2021 12:23 PM GMT
@All boris's fault i'm telling you'

61 people tested positive on 2 flights from SA to Holland yesterday.

The Dutch tested them,looks as if they were very right,meanwhile UK didn't, quite shocking.
Report Cider November 27, 2021 12:39 PM GMT
Suppose all this scaremongering is accurate for a second, and 10% of vaccinated people test positive for this variant when they aren't even ill, do you suppose testing arrivals on a plane are going to keep it out of England Laugh
Report Cider November 27, 2021 12:41 PM GMT
The people to blame are the pr1cks who think vaccination prevents spread of covid Crazy and that the only solution is to vaccinate anyone still breathing Crazy (they'd probably have a go at those who aren't, tbf)
Report lapsy pa November 27, 2021 12:51 PM GMT
Cider,i don't think anything of the sort,what i do think is there is a variant,not a lot known about it,couldn't be arsed to test them at Heathrow while Holland had the basic common sense of at least testing them.

I hope you aren't excusing that lackadaisical approach,not good enough on many levels.
Report lfc1971 November 27, 2021 12:53 PM GMT
They’re going to vaxx the dead next !Laugh
Report Cider November 27, 2021 12:59 PM GMT
there's two elements of what you're saying lapsy. if you think it's up to Boris whether people get tested or not on arriving to the country, you need your bumps felt Grin whether that's the right or wrong policy, it will be decided among the hundreds of six or seven figure salaries working for the civil service.

if this new variant is actually having this impact, and 10% of people are testing positive when they aren't even ill, there will be no stopping it. this is what happens to novel viruses as they mutate, they get more transmissible and less harmful.
Report lapsy pa November 27, 2021 1:10 PM GMT
If you are saying there may be no stopping it more the reason to test anyone since news broke re the variant,it would bemeasured in just hundreds of tests,i never said or implied ALL flights,just where the variant is from.

Why did the Dutch test and quarantined them? Because little is known about the variant AND the want to slow the spread.

Boris couldn't be either bothered his hole or just fecking up once again, no excuse with this.
Report peckerdunne November 27, 2021 1:17 PM GMT
Big red cherry picker just keeps chugging along.

How many jabs has Cider had? Zero is the answer.

That's all you need to know.
Report Cider November 27, 2021 1:22 PM GMT
I've been stating since this started lapsy, testing and test and trace is a total nonsense. The only place it makes any sense at all is a health setting and carewokers. Other than that, if you get ill, isolate.

If people can carry the virus without knowing it, it can't be controlled. How long will it take for people to figure that out?
Report lapsy pa November 27, 2021 1:28 PM GMT
That is beside the point Cider,why were they simply allowed to waltz through Heathrow while othe countries are testing and quarantining them?

Is it negligent? It is imo and layingisthewayforward is quite correvt,that is Boris's fault.
Report Cider November 27, 2021 1:32 PM GMT
I have no insight into the actual advice obviously. Perhaps they can see the blindingly obvious too. If a country as isolated and as easily managed as New Zealand couldn't keep the delta variant out, what hope would England have for this one? I can tell you for free, no hope.
Report Cider November 27, 2021 1:35 PM GMT
How many jabs has Cider had? Zero is the answer.

There are very few rational and sensible people like me about, yes this is true. You have probably had three, and still sh1tting yourself.
Report thegiggilo November 27, 2021 2:22 PM GMT
thegiggilo27 Nov 21 02:17
Adam Schwarz
@AdamJSchwarz
A friend arrived in London this morning on one of the last flights from South Africa.

Health officials met the plane, but no additional precautions are being taken for the hundreds of passengers.

The flight came from Gauteng - the province where the new variant was identified..

WTF sh1t for brains ShockedShockedShockedobviously already here who the vermin going to blame this time with their redlist..

Well well well,what a surprise took me all of 10 hours to be proven right,of course the tories are all so predictable what or who they gonna blame this time,the lists getting huge..
Report Cider November 27, 2021 4:49 PM GMT
pecker and gigg will be along soon with their balanced and informative updates.
Report Giuseppe November 27, 2021 4:58 PM GMT
back below 40,000 cases

131 deaths is low for a saturday too

oustide of sundays and mondays, which are always low, that is the lowest daily total for a "normal day" in November
Report Giuseppe November 27, 2021 4:59 PM GMT
sundays and mondays are usualluy 50-100

tuesday to saturday 150-200
Report Cider November 27, 2021 5:07 PM GMT
if you look at the more useful rolling average by date of death it is back below 100 per day. Clearly tracking down.

the actual death cert is a little more reliable, this will come through on Tuesday
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 27, 2021 5:25 PM GMT
UK #DailyCovidUpdate | 27th Nov 2021

Cases:
- Total: 10,110,408 (+39,567) [avg. 43,997.00]

Deaths:
- 28d: 144,724 (+131) [avg. 122.57]
- 60d: 165,813 (+170) [avg. 151.71]

Vaccines:
- 1st: 50,895,645 (+19,933)
- 2nd: 46,278,230 (+23,149)
- 3rd: 17,130,851 (+351,195)

Went for a walk up booster
today, vax centre was running an hour
late for appointments so didnt
get done, try again next week!
Report thegiggilo November 27, 2021 6:10 PM GMT
https://twitter.com/powndland/status/1459473933267353602
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 27, 2021 6:20 PM GMT
Tories were having a black
Friday offer yesterday.

Buy a peerage 1/3 off, now
only £2 million.
Report thegiggilo November 27, 2021 6:32 PM GMT
Wearing masks,yet zilch mitigations in schools again,just causing 100s of 1000s to be off school again..
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 27, 2021 7:00 PM GMT
Bizarre they've used new variant
as an excuse to wear masks
in shops and on public transport.

Was always minimum they should
have been doing.

Barely 10% in Newcastle masked up,
far less than Durham.

There was also a rabble of anti
vaxxers protesting in shopping
centre, but one out of 80—100 of
them was masked.
Report thegiggilo November 27, 2021 7:04 PM GMT
All about saving xmas for the plebs..
Report Cider November 27, 2021 7:08 PM GMT
yhtl, all they'd need to do is point to the country across the Irish sea, which have had full mask mandates in place permanently, to show how effective they are in mitigation the spread of the infection. Especially as they have other measures like vaccine passports and curfews. There's nothing better than seeing an effective policy in action, seeing is believing.
Report lapsy pa November 27, 2021 7:23 PM GMT
Curfews? The only thing wrong with Ireland is it is just stuck too near the UK particulary for the last 6 months.
Report Cider November 27, 2021 7:24 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Giuseppe November 27, 2021 9:15 PM GMT
5,000 cases in Ireland today

equivalent of 65,000 in UK

actual UK number was 40,000

Ireland more than 50% higher per capita
Report Giuseppe November 27, 2021 9:17 PM GMT
no curfews here i think

did have to queue to get in to tesco this morning though
Report Giuseppe November 27, 2021 9:18 PM GMT
literally everyone in my local tesco has a mask on

i would say about half wash their hands in disinfectant at the entrance too
Report Giuseppe November 27, 2021 9:18 PM GMT
quite a few shops have "maximum 4 people" etc. in their windows
Report Cider November 27, 2021 9:31 PM GMT
Forcing nightclubs to close at midnight is an “underhanded” way of shutting them completely less than a month after they reopened for the first time during the pandemic, industry figures have said.

The government announced yesterday that pubs, nightclubs and restaurants must close at midnight from tomorrow. The measure was among a suite of new restrictions in an attempt to get a handle on worsening Covid infection rates.
Report Cider November 27, 2021 9:32 PM GMT
it's obviously a de facto curfew
Report Giuseppe November 27, 2021 9:37 PM GMT
when was that announced?

yes basically nightclubs shut now as they have ben for almost teh entire period sicne march 2020

i dont really follow the irish news i watch sky and gbnews
Report Giuseppe November 27, 2021 9:39 PM GMT
i rely on shiny for my irish updates

only have a sky box with no card

can't get any irish channels on it only british

bizarrely i can watch BBC but not RTE
Report Cider November 27, 2021 9:39 PM GMT
around 16th Nov apparently
Report Giuseppe November 27, 2021 9:41 PM GMT
all three of teh times i ahve to queue outsde tesco have been in the last two weeks

i wonder is that related
Report JetLoneStar November 27, 2021 9:41 PM GMT
from what i've heard RTE news is top-tier propaganda, really exceptional stuff.
Report Giuseppe November 27, 2021 9:44 PM GMT
only time i watch RTE is for football, i will watch on the pc

yes i catch glimpses of it, total hysteria, as are the newspapers here
Report Giuseppe November 27, 2021 9:44 PM GMT
i dont think any of teh maisntream parties here are sceptical of teh approach, anti-lockdown etc.
Report Giuseppe November 27, 2021 9:45 PM GMT
the opposition Sinn Fein are fully on board I tyhink

of course they are in power and implementing similar parties n the north
Report Giuseppe November 27, 2021 9:46 PM GMT
similar policies
Report JetLoneStar November 27, 2021 9:46 PM GMT
The 'opposition' even more controlled than in the UK, truly nauseating stuff.
Report Cider November 27, 2021 9:46 PM GMT
These are the apparent increasing NI covid patient figures Crazy

25-11-2021    370
24-11-2021    408
23-11-2021    415
22-11-2021    425
21-11-2021    435
20-11-2021    424
19-11-2021    427
18-11-2021    441

This world is pretty strange now to be fair, the politicians state the opposite of what is happening, and msm appear to just accept it as they want the policy.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 28, 2021 4:32 PM GMT
UK #DailyCovidUpdate | 28th Nov 2021

Cases:
- Total: 10,146,915 (+37,681) [avg. 43,665.14]

Deaths:
- 28d: 144,775 (+51) [avg. 121.14]
- 60d: 165,879 (+66) [avg. 151.29]

Vaccines:
- 1st: 50,917,949 (+22,304)
- 2nd: 46,309,909 (+31,679)
- 3rd: 17,581,331 (+450,480)
Report Make my hay November 28, 2021 5:11 PM GMT