Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sofiakenny
08 Jan 21 23:47
| Topic/replies: 25,387 | Blogger: sofiakenny's blog
From twatter..LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Pause Switch to Standard View Trump Banded for Life
Show More
Report Whisperingdeath January 14, 2021 11:21 AM GMT
This is also a huge opportunity for the GOP to rebrand itself and transform it from the party of of racists and right wing loons to a serious political party with wide ranging appeal to people who have conservative  values like the many millions of immigrants who have largely conservative values but could not vote fir a party that hates them and wants to put them in jail.

The Democrats better beware of schadenfreude. They are also on a hiding to nothing. The next few years will not be easy. People were fed up of politicians hence Chump. If the economy goes South people will be looking to change again
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 14, 2021 11:27 AM GMT
Not sure they are Conservative, but naturally anti communist.

Biden has a chance to show he's more Conservative than trump painted him.

Biden/Trump could easily have been in either camp,
Report Whisperingdeath January 14, 2021 11:30 AM GMT
conservative not Conservative!
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 14, 2021 11:43 AM GMT
Phone put a big c, I meant to put a little c

I think they've been played, all the same, but it's up to the dems
to fix the way they've been painted.

It would be interesting to see an election pan out with policy
the main talking point.

But negative campaigning is so much more powerful.
Report Whisperingdeath January 14, 2021 11:51 AM GMT
Wink

I know!
Report bigpoppapump January 14, 2021 1:35 PM GMT
Bans or withdrawal of business services this week

Twitter
Facebook
Google
You Tube
Spotify
Snapchat
Shopify
Reddit
Instagram
Tik Tok
Pinterest
Signature Bank
Deutsche Bank
New York State

extremely short and incomplete list of some of the evidence the FBI will no doubt be using in building their case:

prior to the riot:
"we're coming for you and we're going to have a good time doing it"  Don Jr (speech 6th Jan)
"if we are wrong we will be made fools of, let's have trial by combat!" Rudy (speech - 6thJan)
"we will take the Capitol. I'll be with you" DJT (speech - 6th Jan)
"Be there. Will be wild" DJT (by tweet)

incriminating tweets during the riot included:
"Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!"

that was while rioters were chanting 'Kill Mike Pence, Kill Mike Pence' with their gallows erected outside the Capitol mixed in the crowd were people dressed in serious technical gear and carrying zip ties.  Zip ties are used to restrain people by the hands and feet.

Interesting change in tone to last nights video release.  He did some bleating about having been removed from many social media platforms, and seemed to make the case that for America to heal he should retain his previously unfettered ability to use these services; but in the main it was a somber tone and a repeal of violence. Given how different this was from his rhetoric of recent times, it seems likely this was written by more legally aware individuals than the President, and reporting since the release of the video has the President already bitter and angry at advisors for 'making him do it'.

So, if someone will happily throw out a democratic system, they cannot be allowed to enter that system anymore can they?  Democracy has to protect itself.  If the next Trump election win is the last election ever then you don't let him run.  Same applies to anyone who would attempt to overthrow an election, so presumably there'll be sanctions against other Republicans who have aided and abetted the recent crime spree.  As a first step to healing, america will need to reassert their democracy itself isn't on a ballot.
Report bigpoppapump January 14, 2021 1:42 PM GMT
lfc1971 13 Jan 21 13:25 
Is it correct to say that the impeachment is bi - partisan
No , it is partisan
and therin lies the problem

10 Republicans joined all the Democrats and further 4 Republicans abstained/absent in THE MOST BIPARTISAN PRESIDENTIAL IMPEACHMENT IN AMERICAN HISTORY

I knew I'd enjoy answering that little bit of nonsense when he typed it yesterday.

Happy
Report lfc1971 January 14, 2021 2:14 PM GMT
And I knew when I wrote it you wouldn’t understand
How many democrats voted against impeachment

Was it 20 ? , 10 ? ,  5 ? ....or was it zero ?

Now read it again , read it slowly , and try to understand
Take your time
Report lfc1971 January 14, 2021 2:20 PM GMT
Admittedly it’s subtle bigpop ... you’ll get there Cool
Report bigpoppapump January 14, 2021 2:24 PM GMT
How many democrats voted against impeachment

Was it 20 ? , 10 ? ,  5 ? ....or was it zero ?

already answered this, if you read my previous post?

Wink
Report lfc1971 January 14, 2021 2:25 PM GMT
ok
Report Pleasegivemeanailedontip January 14, 2021 4:05 PM GMT
therhino
I can see how people interpret his election tweets as incitement now AFTER the event. For it to be a crime though he would need to clearly call for it to happen, he simply did not ON TWITTER.

Pretty much how i see it. It wouldnt wash with me if any of the arrested protesters claimed they were incited by trumps tweets and should have that taken into consideration.
Report bigpoppapump January 14, 2021 4:18 PM GMT
apologists trying to make each means of communication a self contained entity.  Twitter as distinct from a speech as distinct from FB or whatever.  This simply ignores the real world; mass communication is done in many ways and specific tweets are very incriminating.  The overall motivation of the crowd (the election was stolen and we are here to stop the steal) leads directly back to Trump on Twitter.  Then he further incriminates himself during the riot (on twitter).

If you do not want to understand the legal nuance (and need a smoking gun in somebody's hand to understand that they did a crime maybe yook at it another way; Twitter's legal team think they have potential civil liabilty, just like Trump's legal team do (see last night's somber and conciliatory speech).  If they weren't concerned they wouldn't have banned him; the corporate world doesn't scratch its ar5e without knowing the legal ramifications.  They're all running a mile because the lawyers all have the same training and they're all giving the same advice in light of recent advice...
Report bigpoppapump January 14, 2021 4:19 PM GMT
events
Report bigpoppapump January 14, 2021 4:20 PM GMT
It wouldnt wash with me if any of the arrested protesters claimed they were incited by trumps tweets and should have that taken into consideration.

the obvious question here is, why do you think they were rioting?
Report xmoneyx January 14, 2021 4:35 PM GMT
Just a reminder that Toby Young
@toadmeister

has deleted all his trump tweets from 2020.
Report bigpoppapump January 14, 2021 4:39 PM GMT
For it to be a crime though he would need to clearly call for it to happen, he simply did not ON TWITTER.

"we will take the Capitol. I'll be with you" DJT (speech - 6th Jan)

The crime - inciting the riot - didn't just happen because of the quoted call to action he made in the speech; he's been priming them specifically with the election lie for weeks, and in a more general way for a long time. 
As i said above though, you don't have to agree that the people who run Twitter are correct, to understand why they have banned him.  They're probably extremely worried they are already in a parlous legal position having allowed his very specific lies about the election to be broadcast on their platform.  They may not have acted soon enough. 
The pattern of behavior was very clear since the election.
Report bigpoppapump January 14, 2021 4:40 PM GMT
(my above post obviously not going to land with anyone who doesn't understand the reality of the election result.  If you think Trump won then the previous post isn't for you).
Report Pleasegivemeanailedontip January 14, 2021 4:42 PM GMT
why do you think they were rioting?

Some were protesting and some were rioting. I dont think the difference between them has anything to do with Trump.

But i agree the reason for all of them being there routes back to Trumps words. I havent seen anything that looked like incitement for anything more than protest though.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 14, 2021 4:50 PM GMT
Toby Young caused telegraph to get rebuke, for misleading info
on covid 19

That's probably why he's been deleting

There's plenty who screen shotted them though.
Report frog1000 January 14, 2021 4:57 PM GMT
To blame Trump for the actions of the radicals that rioted at the Capitol is like blaming George Floyd for the actions of the radicals that burnt cities last summer.
Report politicspunter January 14, 2021 4:58 PM GMT
Whataboutery pish from Insider Trader.
Report bigpoppapump January 14, 2021 4:59 PM GMT
pretty sick stuff from Insider Trader, equating someone murdered by police (an actual victim) with Trump as victim.

A new low
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 5:07 PM GMT
the murder charge against the police officer has been dropped, he is only being charged with manslaughter
Report bigpoppapump January 14, 2021 5:09 PM GMT
he's dead though, right?
Report bigpoppapump January 14, 2021 5:16 PM GMT
the radicals that rioted at the Capitol

why do you think they stormed the Capitol?
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 5:16 PM GMT
stormed quite a strong word

a few barged their way in
Report bigpoppapump January 14, 2021 5:19 PM GMT
dead is quite a strong word too isn't it?  head caved in by a fire extinguisher.  That's quite strong language isn't it?

or are we going to watch you people go the 'nothing bad happened' route?

in which case, good luck, should be fun to watch.
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 5:20 PM GMT
yes, one police officer died
Report bigpoppapump January 14, 2021 5:20 PM GMT
it's brilliant if you hate people and when those people lose they cannot accept the loss.

make their loss even more painful for them, and even better to watch.
Report frog1000 January 14, 2021 5:21 PM GMT
If radicals commit crimes rioting blame the radicals. The radicals cannot blame the reason people are peacefully protesting. Some people protest peacefully and some do not.
Report dave1357 January 14, 2021 5:22 PM GMT
radical rightwing terrorists
Report bigpoppapump January 14, 2021 5:22 PM GMT
why do the rioters who stormed the Capitol believe Trump won the election?
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 5:23 PM GMT
why did many people on the left think putin won the 2016 election for trump?
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 5:26 PM GMT
thats a pretty low bar for defining people as terrorists dave
Report A_T January 14, 2021 5:28 PM GMT
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/cyber/russian-interference-in-2016-u-s-elections

do the FBI have a page for those suspected of rigging the election for Biden?
Report bigpoppapump January 14, 2021 5:28 PM GMT
this thread is about Trump getting banded from Soc Media.

it's therefore relevant to ask why he's banded and his impeachment for inciting an insurrection seems central to this, given the timing. 

Thus; why did those folk riot?  is a relevant question.

Why do you think they rioted giuseppe?  You seem to have plenty of answers.
Report dave1357 January 14, 2021 5:29 PM GMT
^^^but I thought you'd like it - it's a homage to trump's "radical islamic terrorists" catch phrase.
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 5:30 PM GMT
are any of us surprised russia tries to interfere in other country's business?

quite a jump from that to saying putin won it, and trump is his lackey, which was widely believed in 2016

rememember the trump pissing on prostitutes story?
Report bigpoppapump January 14, 2021 5:30 PM GMT
alternative reality johnnies are never ever going to be able to own their own sh1t  Laugh

(It's not hard; they think Trump was the real winner of the 2020 Pres election.  The poor dumb clowns)

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 5:31 PM GMT
russia intervened on both sides by the way

the bought pro-BLM ads too
Report bigpoppapump January 14, 2021 5:31 PM GMT
can you just do one straw man argument at a time G?

it's very tiring when you keep firing in new irrelevant stuff.
Report dave1357 January 14, 2021 5:32 PM GMT
^^the story was that trump paid hookers to pi55 on the bed Obama slept in - really not outside the believable spectrum.
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 5:32 PM GMT
dave are you equating what happened in DC with what happened in Manchester or in the Bataclan?
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 5:33 PM GMT
yes and that putin was using a video of it to blackmail trump

do you believe that?
Report A_T January 14, 2021 5:35 PM GMT
you wanted to know "why did many people on the left think putin won the 2016 election for trump?" and you were shown why.

now why do the rioters who stormed the Capitol believe Trump won the election?
Report dave1357 January 14, 2021 5:35 PM GMT
You don't understand how compromat works. Anyone who saw the supine trump in helsinki had to ask the question.
Report dave1357 January 14, 2021 5:36 PM GMT
I'm just putting the phrase "radical rightwing terrorists" out there - use it at your discretion.
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 5:36 PM GMT
i said people believe putin won it for trump

was presented with evidence of russian interference

this is a textbook strawman

"intervene" and "won it"

they bought a few ads on facebook
Report A_T January 14, 2021 5:37 PM GMT
how many investigations are there into voter fraud in the 2020 election? Do the FBI have suspects?
Report dave1357 January 14, 2021 5:38 PM GMT
On July 27, 2016, Unit 26165 targeted email accounts connected to candidate Clinton’s
personal office . Earlier that day, candidate Trump made public statements that
included the following: “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails
that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”
Report dave1357 January 14, 2021 5:38 PM GMT
Among the U.S. “leaders of public opinion” targeted by the IRA were various members
and surrogates of the Trump Campaign. In total, Trump Campaign affiliates promoted dozens of
tweets, posts, and other political content created by the IRA.
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 5:39 PM GMT
"you wanted to know "why did many people on the left think putin won the 2016 election for trump?" and you were shown why."

it goes much deeper than that eg. the prostitutes

it was (perhaps still is) widely believed trump was putin's lackey
Report A_T January 14, 2021 5:39 PM GMT
they bought a few ads on facebook

the FBI wants to arrest people for putting ads on Facebook?
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 5:40 PM GMT
"promoted dozens of tweets, posts, and other political content created by the IRA. "

that literally means "donald trump jr once retweeted a story which may have originated in russia"
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 5:41 PM GMT
how did they influence voters A_T?
Report A_T January 14, 2021 5:42 PM GMT
how many investigations are there into voter fraud in the 2020 election? Do the FBI have suspects?
Report frog1000 January 14, 2021 5:42 PM GMT
Careful Giuseppe, A_T is a troll.
Report dave1357 January 14, 2021 5:43 PM GMT
^coffee screen
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 5:43 PM GMT
"You don't understand how compromat works. Anyone who saw the supine trump in helsinki had to ask the question."

apparently not

i thought it was used to make people do stuff that helps you

i haven't seen any of this since trump became president

if putin has compromat he's not using it very well
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 5:45 PM GMT
i want to know how russia convonced us voters to vote for trump
Report A_T January 14, 2021 5:45 PM GMT
how did they influence voters A_T?

no idea. that's not what we're discussing.

you wanted to know "why did many people on the left think putin won the 2016 election for trump?" and you were shown why: law enforcement is investigating interference in the 2016 election which explains why
Report A_T January 14, 2021 5:45 PM GMT
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 5:45 PM GMT
dave they never got the emails
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 5:47 PM GMT
another strawman

my point is russia didn't decisively influence the 2016 election

there is no evidence they did

yet it is widely believed they did

remind you of anything?
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 5:49 PM GMT
A_T if this interference didn't influence voters, how does it support the left's beleif that putin won it for trump?
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 5:50 PM GMT
if what they did didnt influence voters (ie. influence the outcome) why are we even talking about it?
Report A_T January 14, 2021 5:52 PM GMT
Report A_T January 14, 2021 5:54 PM GMT
"how does it support the left's beleif that putin won it for trump?"

because the FBI investigations provide a basis for that belief.

There's no evidence whatsoever that Biden won by voter fraud - what is the basis for the belief he did?
Report A_T January 14, 2021 5:55 PM GMT
Careful Giuseppe, A_T is a troll.

Laugh
Report A_T January 14, 2021 5:55 PM GMT
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 6:01 PM GMT
you're suggesting the left's position on 2016 is justified (because there are FBI investigations into 2016) whereas trump supporters position on 2020 is not (because no FBI investigations)

but you need to do more than that

you need to show russia won it, not just interfered, because that is what many on the left believe
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 6:04 PM GMT
"because the FBI investigations provide a basis for that belief."

they do not show russia influenced voters in any substantial manner
Report A_T January 14, 2021 6:09 PM GMT
stop squirming - we're not debating whether it's justfied - merely why there is a belief. and the reason why there is a belief has been shown. here's more detail:

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

you'll like Section IV  which describes links between the Russian government and individuals associated with the Trump Campaign.

now let's see the investigations into Biden's voter fraud? and remember it has to be official investigations not Youtube videos posted by 40yo virgins who live with mom. Grin
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 6:11 PM GMT
so you accept that the belief putin won 2016 for trump is not justified?
Report A_T January 14, 2021 6:13 PM GMT
where did I say that?
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 6:15 PM GMT
are FBI investigations the only justifiable reason for doubting something?

a lot of the trump position was based on statistical anomalies

i'm not sure the left waited for FBI investigations before casting aspersions in 2016 by the way
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 6:16 PM GMT
"we're not debating whether it's justified"

that is what i was arguing about
Report A_T January 14, 2021 6:17 PM GMT
are FBI investigations the only justifiable reason for doubting something?

where did I say that?

a lot of the trump position was based on statistical anomalies

all of which was quickly debunked
Report A_T January 14, 2021 6:21 PM GMT
we await with bated breath the official report into statistical anomalies in the 2020 election Laugh
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 6:21 PM GMT
"how many investigations are there into voter fraud in the 2020 election? Do the FBI have suspects?"

"how many investigations are there into voter fraud in the 2020 election? Do the FBI have suspects? "

"now let's see the investigations into Biden's voter fraud? and remember it has to be official investigations "
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 6:22 PM GMT
the bellwether counties
Report bigpoppapump January 14, 2021 6:55 PM GMT
why did the rioters from last week riot?

(still haven't got a coherent answer from one of the you-know-whats)
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 6:57 PM GMT
was it a riot?

they were worried that their concerns about the election result weren't being taken seriously enough and wanted an audit
Report edy January 14, 2021 7:39 PM GMT
They smashed the windows of barricaded doors, trying to get to where congress people were at the time. One of them climbed through the broken window and was shot in the process (even though people were well aware there was a gun shot waiting for anyone who tried to enter that part of the building)
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 14, 2021 7:50 PM GMT
Odd that a second person did not try the same trick
after first one was shot.

On tv it's always the second or third or fourth that
succeeds
Report Whisperingdeath January 14, 2021 7:53 PM GMT
Gotta love these people!

Was it a riot?

No of course not. It was a game of knock down ginger that got out of handLaugh
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 8:15 PM GMT
what's knock down ginger

are you mocking me because i'm irish?
Report Whisperingdeath January 14, 2021 8:28 PM GMT
Not because you are Irish or Italian or whatever, something elseWink
Report Giuseppe January 14, 2021 8:29 PM GMT
are you saying i'm not a human?
Report Whisperingdeath January 14, 2021 8:42 PM GMT
like a robot?

No not that either!
Report bigpoppapump January 15, 2021 9:05 AM GMT
was it a riot?

got to hand it to these lads, they go all in with the nonsense. No half measures Laugh
Report xmoneyx January 15, 2021 10:17 PM GMT
trump giving himself a 21 gun salute jan 19th Excited
Report A_T January 22, 2021 3:57 PM GMT
Twitter suspends Iran's supreme leader over a threatening post of Trump golfing as an ominous aircraft flies overhead with the words 'revenge is inevitable' Plain

https://www.businessinsider.com/twitter-suspends-irans-supreme-leader-after-he-threatened-trump-2021-1?r=US&IR=T

Twitter suspended the account of Iran's supreme leader after he threatened former President Donald Trump over the killing of a top Iranian military commander.

The image that accompanied the Thursday post appears to have been first published by Tasnim News Agency, which has strong ties to the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. The post says "revenge is inevitable." The tweet has since been deleted.
______

seems the Ayatollah violated Twitter's T&Cs
Report dave1357 January 22, 2021 4:00 PM GMT
Absolutely outrageous -

if trump has a backswing like that I'm going to win the masters this year

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-55765516

Think they've put trump's head on fred couples' body
Report bigpoppapump January 22, 2021 4:46 PM GMT
must have big hook because he's aiming way left there
Report bigpoppapump January 22, 2021 4:47 PM GMT
right sorry
Report politicspunter January 22, 2021 4:56 PM GMT

Jan 22, 2021 -- 10:46AM, bigpoppapump wrote:

must have big hook because he's aiming way left there

big hooker maybe?

Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 22, 2021 6:17 PM GMT
You can pay to fix that
Report A_T May 5, 2021 3:56 PM BST
Trump Facebook ban upheld

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/tech/2021/05/05/facebook-ban-trump-how-people-reacting-decision/4953663001/
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com