Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
layingisthewayforward
29 Dec 20 08:32
| Topic/replies: 3,595 | Blogger: layingisthewayforward's blog
100% yes from me..  Closing the schools again will have a massive impact on our kids education and mental wellbeing especially ones from poorer backgrounds who don't have access to laptops and don't have their own rooms to work in.

What does everyone else think?
Pause Switch to Standard View Should the schools re-open next week?
Show More
Report moisok January 3, 2021 8:31 PM GMT
But what motive would there be in destroying parts of our economy?  But then the 'small' businessman  is of no concern to them.
Report Mexico January 3, 2021 8:33 PM GMT

I don’t for a minute believe 50,000 a day are catching Covid.

Number likely to be much higher shall we say over 100,000 a day.
Report DenzilPenberthy January 3, 2021 8:34 PM GMT

Jan 3, 2021 -- 2:30PM, lapsy pa wrote:

Even 1300 every day getting hospitalised with it?

No,I lived next door to a respiratory consultant who is snowed under every year this isn't any different for her,she concedes that her hospitals are much quieter overall but her area is as usual.

Report nineteen points January 3, 2021 8:34 PM GMT
Laugh like the 339,024 who got tested on christmas day? give yourself a shake man.
Report moisok January 3, 2021 8:38 PM GMT
How do you know this stuff.  You must be a bunch of very clever people.
Report DenzilPenberthy January 3, 2021 8:39 PM GMT

Jan 3, 2021 -- 2:31PM, moisok wrote:

But what motive would there be in destroying parts of our economy?

Report DenzilPenberthy January 3, 2021 8:42 PM GMT
Large conglomerates will flourish in the Technocratic utopia small businesses will be gobbled up.
Billionaires have increased their wealth massively during a 'global pandemic' that's where people should be looking.
Report Fatslogger January 3, 2021 9:20 PM GMT
Frog - 

If you look at the data rather than just make up what you think is happening you will see that the 65-85 age group is actually the lowest number of cases.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases?areaType=nation&areaName=England (scroll down to colour chart)

Why? Likely because older people that live outside carehomes are protecting themselves.

There is no reason older people who can look after themselves should come anywhere near school children.

People arguing for school closures appear to have no idea of the negative effect this had on kids last year and will continue to have.

IF we do not open them now they will be shut for months and cause massive damage.

People are suggesting robbing children of their childhood in order to give some extremely old people a few extra months.

I’m well aware of the age data. Again, you’re indulging in straw men arguments. The point is that relatively few infections in the elderly, by comparison with in the young, still result in lots of deaths, in the context of a lot of community disease. Fewer total infections, in the community and hence in the elderly, result in fewer deaths and indeed less hospitalisation and less paralysis of the NHS. Or do you accept the case figures but not buy the admission and death ones?

Clearly there will be contacts between school age children and elderly people (some will share a house, for example) and it’s bonkers to suggest otherwise but even that isn’t really the point. The issue is that greater spread = a greater risk to everyone. That’s not terribly important, in immediate public health terms, for well under 50s but it becomes progressively more important as people get older and more vulnerable.

Again, you’re wrong on people not appreciating the issue of school closures. My contributions to this thread have included several comments on the harms done. As I’ve said, I think the arguments are quite balanced for primary schools, although the data I’ve seen on age skew for the new variant make me think that, on the whole, even primaries should probably be shut in areas where the new variant is predominant and frankly, that will soon enough be the case nationally. We’re not going to buck evolution on this: the new variant has out evolved its parent strain and will take over, nationally and probably internationally.

And in a pretty consistent pattern, you’re also being illogical over closures being for months. Why? It’s perfectly feasible that improved data on a combination of cases, or perhaps more pertinently, hospitalisations and deaths, could lead schools to reopen even if they’re closed next week. If there’s solid evidence that the new variant doesn’t spread much in primary schools, that would suffice for them, even in the absence of other metrics improving. The vaccination programme should put significant downward pressure on death by Feb and hopefully at least a bit on hospitalisations too.

And in a final run of really bad logic, here you are at the end of your post, suggesting that people who die are right at the end of their lives, despite this being totally untrue in a high proportion of cases, in the same sentence as suggesting that keeping children off school for a few weeks to probably at most a couple of months is robbing them of their childhood. Interesting how several years on average more life becomes a few months but a couple of months becomes an entire childhood. It’s solid work on your part. How are you so very consistently wrong?
Report moisok January 3, 2021 9:33 PM GMT
They simply do not know
Report nineteen points January 3, 2021 9:52 PM GMT
wheres mex gone? has his mam sent him to bed early because she is making him go to school tomorrow?
Report frog1000 January 3, 2021 9:56 PM GMT

Jan 3, 2021 -- 3:20PM, Fatslogger wrote:

Frog -

Report frog1000 January 3, 2021 9:56 PM GMT
I read somewhere that you are a doctor. From that perpective it is understandable that you are struggling to see the bigger picture beyond the immediate cases in front of you.

Kids have had their schooling messed up for almost a year. For 6 year old that is a large chunk of their life. From people in GCSE years or moving schools this continued messing up of schooling is massively damaging. I remember how important those years were in shaping my life. Ask me what I was doing when I 28 or 36 (random years) and I have no memories. Ask me what I was doing at 15 and I have many.

At the other end of the scale someone with dementia aged 95 that sadly days with Covid rather than with the flu this year has already had their life. The average age of people dying with Covid in the UK is over 80. It is over the average death of everyone else.

It is always sad when people die but we cannot ruin childrens' future because a child may come in contact with a vulnerable person. As a society we should be better than that. We should protect the vulnerable and let keep the schools open.
Report frog1000 January 3, 2021 10:07 PM GMT
Remember France had 50k 'cases' a day in early November without a big spike in deaths and without a big panic, shutting all schools and changing vaccine procedures

300-600 deaths a day with Covid until the end of April. Then this will go down in the summer.
Report Fatslogger January 3, 2021 10:49 PM GMT
Frog, funny that you’re using France as an example when they’ve recorded many hundreds of deaths a day for months because their case numbers went right up. They didn’t change their vaccine approach, no, because there wasn’t a bloody vaccine available at that stage. Even out of their lockdown France has a curfew and university learning is remote. They don’t have the new variant so much yet either.

We’ve been having hundreds of deaths a day, from a period when we were recording far fewer cases than we are right now. Presumably you recall that deaths lag cases. We’ve already baked in many thousands more deaths.

I’m fine at seeing the bigger picture. That’s how I’m so able to demonstrate the many, many errors in logic you perpetrate, get called out on then stop discussing. I have two school age and one preschool child. My son missed his GCSE year last year. It was rubbish for him, socially and not great educationally but it’s not blighted his life. My seven year old did lots of remote learning. Going to school is better for her. Saving lives is also important.  Some people dying are 95 with dementia. Some are 55 with diabetes. Stop pretending their lives don’t matter because you imagine, wrongly, that they’ve mostly only got a few months left.
Report nineteen points January 3, 2021 10:54 PM GMT
fats,
lockdowns aint working
masks aint working
cases still rising.

how can it be?
Report frog1000 January 3, 2021 11:03 PM GMT
I did not say their lives do not matter.

I say lets protect those people strategically.

We are not doing that right now.

Many more over 90s currently have Covid than under 10s.

People are being told to look at schools (no issue) rather than ask why are so many over 90s infected.

Are the care homes messing up --have the LF tests given people a false sense of security? 

Are the over 90s going into hospital for something else and the hospitals messing up and they are catching it there?

Boris and the lockdown fanatics are trying to use a sledgehammer to crack a nut and it is not working.
Report layingisthewayforward January 4, 2021 1:17 PM GMT
I fear all primary schools will be closed by next week.  My wife works in finance and is classed as a key worker so we'll be doing everything we can to get our kids into school.
Report 1st time poster January 4, 2021 1:43 PM GMT
here on teesside area,s that were in tier 2 till xmas now tier 3,while most are in tier 4
have the highest numbers on teesside 2,3 times the average of some tier 4 area,s
one small town/village stokesley had a pub owner in local rag in dec saying he,s just had his best week takings in 18 months full every nighyt ,said it wasnt his job to police government rules,lots of tier 3 people in vicinity were going in to the town
Report duffy January 4, 2021 2:38 PM GMT
Cases are still going up because too many are not heeding what you should do and the reason for that is that this clever virus produces symptoms that doesn't frighten people.

If the symptoms of this virus were that you bled from your eyes and came out in puss filled blisters, even if the survival rate was 98%, every fooker would be staying in.
Report lapsy pa January 4, 2021 2:45 PM GMT
Almost 2000 children have tested positive for covid in the week up to 29th Dec in Kent alone (source Kentlive).

Looks like the last week at school before Xmas was a bad one.
Report nineteen points January 4, 2021 4:20 PM GMT
can anyone explain to me just what it is we are actually doing wrong for these increases.it is now everybody and their dog telling us on tv that its the publics fault.how ffs?
Report lapsy pa January 4, 2021 4:25 PM GMT
Doing nothing wrong 19, going to the supermarket,getting on the buses/tubes/trains,children going to school, people working in factories/offices, the common denominator is you are coming into contact with people and a mask is only part protection against a very contagious virus.
Report nineteen points January 4, 2021 4:26 PM GMT
so why the blame game?
Report lapsy pa January 4, 2021 4:29 PM GMT
What blame game? How come there is 50k+ new cases every day and schools are deemed "grand"?
Report thegiggilo January 4, 2021 4:36 PM GMT
The death squad mondays totals just 58,000 cases thats 400,000 cases in 10 days could be thousands of deaths and 404 deaths today,if only they'd listened 4 months ago...lets hope someoe pays for this..
Report thegiggilo January 4, 2021 4:36 PM GMT
The death squad mondays totals just 58,000 cases thats 400,000 cases in 10 days could be thousands of deaths and 404 deaths today,if only they'd listened 4 months ago...lets hope someoe pays for this..
Report nineteen points January 4, 2021 4:36 PM GMT
by blame game i mean handcock,tv presenters etc saying today its the public who wrent following the guidelines and rules.basically ignoring everything.
Report nineteen points January 4, 2021 4:38 PM GMT
404 deaths in height of flu season/winter isnt really above average.
Report lapsy pa January 4, 2021 4:43 PM GMT
Some weren't 19(public) but most often at work,school etc maybe guilty 0f breathing the same air as someone present with covid.
Report duffy January 4, 2021 5:03 PM GMT
404 and the rest on top of that
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 4, 2021 5:05 PM GMT
Tomorrow's figures may be bad.
Report nineteen points January 4, 2021 5:13 PM GMT
they will be bad no doubt.tonights bullsh1t needs justifying
Report nineteen points January 4, 2021 5:15 PM GMT
duffy,how many is the rest?
Report nineteen points January 4, 2021 5:37 PM GMT
is the 404 on top of the daily 1600-1700 a day normal deaths? strange no figures of these
Report Fatslogger January 5, 2021 9:20 PM GMT

Jan 3, 2021 -- 5:03PM, frog1000 wrote:

I did not say their lives do not matter. I say lets protect those people strategically. We are not doing that right now. Many more over 90s currently have Covid than under 10s. People are being told to look at schools (no issue) rather than ask why are so many over 90s infected. Are the care homes messing up --have the LF tests given people a false sense of security?

Report Fatslogger January 5, 2021 9:20 PM GMT
That's funny.  Only recently you were saying that older people weren't getting as much Covid and this demonstrated that we could protect the elderly, now you're saying the exact opposite, with some likely utterly bogus stat about more 90 year olds getting Covid than under 10s. You'll know how easy it is to do a throat and nasal swab on a 6 year old, I'm sure. 

It's actually really, really simple: lots of virus in the community = transmission to elderly people, because while they will try to protect themselves, it's neither possible nor desirable for elderly and / or vulnerable people to have no social contact.  If you want to claim that you're happy to see a certain number of deaths, mostly, of course, in the elderly, make that claim and stand by it.  This weaseling around trying to pretend that you aren't in favour of a libertarian approach, lots more deaths and an overwhelmed health service is just so grubby and dishonest.
Report Fatslogger January 5, 2021 9:21 PM GMT

Jan 4, 2021 -- 11:37AM, nineteen points wrote:

is the 404 on top of the daily 1600-1700 a day normal deaths? strange no figures of these

You have to wait for the ONS stats to know.  It's almost like you don't do your own research on this stuff, isn't it?

Report nineteen points January 5, 2021 9:26 PM GMT
as you well know i was being cheeky.

nice of you to show up eventually.your theories have took a helluva beating lately.well at least you have.well done.shows guts.pity little mex has gpne awol

so what lockdown are we on now again?Mischief
Report Fatslogger January 5, 2021 10:41 PM GMT
I genuinely can't tell with you, 19, although I do mostly assume you aren't serious.

Do you think governments repeatedly going for lockdowns is showing how successful not having aggressive virus control measures is? Only I don't think you're on terribly solid ground there either.
Report nineteen points January 5, 2021 10:54 PM GMT
let me see,is this the lockdown rule?

if death rates go down it means lockdowns are working

if death rates go up it means they would of gone up far more without the lockdown

so either way the answer is more lockdowns?
Report Fatslogger January 6, 2021 12:00 AM GMT
The answer is to avoid getting there in the first place but we've not managed that. But I don't think you're serious about these questions either.
Report nineteen points January 6, 2021 9:00 AM GMT
Wink
Report frog1000 January 6, 2021 3:47 PM GMT
Good news.

Kids can keep going to school if they do not have access to a laptop and/or space to work from home.

It has just been clarified that 1 million kids of the 6 million in school can keep going in under this rule.
Report Timber January 6, 2021 3:52 PM GMT
All those poor kids that get abused at home. Like a 24/7 prison...... so old and fat people can live a few more months
ABSOLUTELY disgusting
Report Timber January 6, 2021 3:55 PM GMT
Cancer patients and scheduled operation patients DEAD...... so old and fat people can live a few more months
ABSOLUTELY disgusting
Report Timber January 6, 2021 3:56 PM GMT
established businesses and entrepreneurs eviscerated putting people in mental and financial dire straits ...............so old and fat people can live a few more months
ABSOLUTELY disgusting
Report thegiggilo January 6, 2021 4:19 PM GMT
The manslaughter gets worse 1,061 deaths wtfSad and 62,000 cases,thank god kids aren't at schoool the figures would be astronomicalSadShocked
Report nineteen points January 6, 2021 4:24 PM GMT
its "justifying the lockdown week" figures always through the roof.they will start coming down and hey presto,the lockdown has worked.

as i have said umpteen times,the figures will go up and down to suit whatever the need at the time.
Report layingisthewayforward January 6, 2021 5:18 PM GMT
@thegiggilo try homeschooling a 5 year old then. Absolutely criminal that primary schools are closed.  They need to be with kids their own age.. And all because of a virus that has no affect  on them anyway FFS.
Report Charlie January 6, 2021 5:33 PM GMT

Jan 6, 2021 -- 11:18AM, layingisthewayforward wrote:

@thegiggilo try homeschooling a 5 year old then. Absolutely criminal that primary schools are closed.

Report Charlie January 6, 2021 5:34 PM GMT
Do you want them taught by five year olds?
Report layingisthewayforward January 6, 2021 5:47 PM GMT
Ha ha, she's currently being taught by me so wouldn't be any worse.

These poor kids will be affcted by being locked up for years to come imo.
Report Charlie January 6, 2021 6:04 PM GMT
I've asked this question before and no one has answered perhaps you'll be the first: what happened during WW2 and after. Did we have a nation of morons?
Report moisok January 6, 2021 6:08 PM GMT
one minute the teachers and unions want them open  now this week is keep them shut   - have they any idea at all ??
Report moisok January 6, 2021 6:10 PM GMT
Authorities haven't much of a clue but what they do know they keep their cards close to their chests, whilst feeding you  THEIR information THEY want you to receive.   Looks like a cancelling for me!!
Report thegiggilo January 6, 2021 6:35 PM GMT
Homeschooling a 5yr old is easy it's mainly drawing playing anyway,i did it everyday as i've always been at home,try home schooling a 9 yrold thats autistic like i have too,the lessons should be online for this age group live lessons or they could have recorded videos by teachers that would be the best idea..Kids who are struggling then can go back while the kids who are finding it easy can push on through..
Report moisok January 6, 2021 6:41 PM GMT
Having worked in the 'learning difficulties' field I can say it is hard work, but very rewarding, as you unveil the talents of even those cast aside by society.  From my experience I must say it takes extraordinary talented teachers to do this.  I worked with a couple of colleagues who  rate as extraordinary.
Report peckerdunne January 6, 2021 6:46 PM GMT
Keep it up mysock, you'll get there in the end...
Report nineteen points January 6, 2021 6:54 PM GMT
the whole country needs to grow a pair.everybody now knows how to look after ourselves.these unions wanting schools closed should hang their heads in shame.the teachers are hiding behind them.i bet they would be back at work if they werent getting full pay.
Report moisok January 6, 2021 7:02 PM GMT
I am thinking unite union leader and virology  etc ha ha

but they are all fkn it up  - we know this  - all in responsible positions  - it is obvious what to do but they ain't.  I question why is this?  Some people need protecting big time but a lot could just carry on - but be careful of course.   I think we have been bumped into this by the the panic motivators press  and politicos too afraid to admit to huge errors.  Too
scared of making more of them.
Report layingisthewayforward January 6, 2021 7:05 PM GMT
You completely misunderstood my point giggilo and no the lessons shouldn't be online, the kids should all be in school as normal.
Report layingisthewayforward January 6, 2021 7:06 PM GMT
Charlie i have no idea what you're talking about re WW2.
Report moisok January 6, 2021 7:09 PM GMT
don't get him going on polar bears
Report layingisthewayforward January 7, 2021 8:32 PM GMT
Well what a joke this is. 40% of the kids in my childrens school are going in as normal. So 40% must have a parent classed as a key worker. Just open up the schools and let all kids go back to normal.
Report thegiggilo January 7, 2021 8:33 PM GMT
Non in mine lets not...
Report Mexico January 7, 2021 8:48 PM GMT

The teachers are actually working.

Are you currently working?

Who exactly should hang their heads in shame? Is it those who are currently working to educate pupils or those not working?
Ummmmmmmmm I wonder .
Report frog1000 January 7, 2021 8:48 PM GMT

Jan 7, 2021 -- 2:32PM, layingisthewayforward wrote:

Well what a joke this is. 40% of the kids in my childrens school are going in as normal. So 40% must have a parent classed as a key worker. Just open up the schools and let all kids go back to normal.

Keyworker, vulnerable or not have access to a laptop.

Report Mexico January 7, 2021 8:51 PM GMT
Moisok

Are you still struggling to tell the difference between a thermometer and a polar bear?

It is basic science, don’t measure temperature with polar bears, it isn’t accurate and they have a tendency to cause havoc in hospitals.
Report frog1000 January 7, 2021 8:55 PM GMT
Fears schools will be overwhelmed by laptopless pupils

There are concerns some schools in lockdown could be inundated with pupils without laptops after a change to the vulnerable pupil list.

Pupils are learning remotely in England after schools were closed on Tuesday to all but children of key workers and those deemed vulnerable.

But those without laptops or space to study are now eligible to attend school, under government guidance.

Heads' union, NAHT, said the move could reduce the effect of the shutdown.

Schools were ordered to close to most pupils as a way of limiting the spread of the virus.

National Association of Head Teachers general secretary Paul Whiteman said demand for key worker and vulnerable places in schools had risen substantially since the last school shutdown.
Deprived areas

Nearly a third of the 2,000 head teachers who joined an online union meeting on Wednesday afternoon reported having between 20 and 30% of pupils in school, the NAHT said.

Mr Whiteman said: "It is critical that key worker child school places are only used when absolutely necessary to truly reduce numbers and spread of the virus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-55565537
Report thegiggilo January 7, 2021 9:05 PM GMT
Or parents that can't be bothered looking after their kids,quite a few of them KBF loons etc..
Report nineteen points January 7, 2021 9:11 PM GMT
nex,
good for all the ones going to school.the ones that are off are going to the supermarkets where its nice and safe
Report layingisthewayforward January 8, 2021 9:02 AM GMT
So it's ok for 40% of kids to go to school, they wont spread the virus. Dont worry about the other 60% at home missing out on an education.
Report lapsy pa January 18, 2021 6:46 PM GMT
Seems as if the schools being closed are dramatically helping cases to drop.
Report thegiggilo January 20, 2021 2:09 AM GMT
That jenny harries needs to be removed,already talking of schools going back in lying about children spreading the virus just hours before an official report was released proving her wring as we all now know a very dangerous woman who is blatantly playing politics..She is disgusting..
Report lapsy pa January 27, 2021 4:10 PM GMT
I think all the brains are finally coming to the conclusion schools aren't that safe after all.

Maybe an apology to Greenwich is due? Threatened by the full force of the law and they were in the right.
Report thegiggilo January 27, 2021 8:18 PM GMT
March the 8th earliest,might just be waling the lad to school at the beginning of sprig and the turf season..HappyHappy
Report frog1000 January 27, 2021 9:47 PM GMT
National disgrace that they were ever shut. Especially Primary Schools.

Society will be paying for this act by Boris and Hancock for years to come.
Report layingisthewayforward January 28, 2021 11:10 AM GMT
Agreed Frog.  Now looking at another 6 weeks of kids having no school.. The education they're missing out on, the lack of routine, lack of socialising with kids their own age. Absolutely criminal imo.
Report mafeking January 28, 2021 2:33 PM GMT
younger generation have been absolutely thrown to the wolves by this government policy not the virus. they'll be paying for this literally and figuratively for decades to come
Report Giuseppe January 28, 2021 2:37 PM GMT
a lot of this seems to be about risk to the teachers

how at risk are they? what is their average age? how many teachers have died?
Report Giuseppe January 28, 2021 2:38 PM GMT
the risk posed by covid to a 40-something teacher with no underlying illnesses is minimal
Report mafeking January 28, 2021 2:44 PM GMT
you do wonder what actual real teachers think rather the same talking heads from the militant unions who are never off the tv and no doubt absolutely relish making as much trouble for the govt as possible. seems like their aim from day 1 was to keep schools closed as long as possible
Report Giuseppe January 28, 2021 2:48 PM GMT
they're listening to 24/7 news coverage playing up the horrors of covid, i think they are genuinely worried
Report layingisthewayforward January 28, 2021 6:29 PM GMT
I don't blame the teachers. The ones at my kids school are working harder than ever.  They're teaching half the class who are still attending school and then sending all sorts of lesson info out to the other half who are at home.  I blame the government and the unions.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 28, 2021 6:31 PM GMT
School teachers want to be safe, and to teach the kids.

Schools have not been closed.
Report frog1000 January 28, 2021 7:34 PM GMT
'Open schools strengthen the health of children and young people. Therefore, the Swedish Public Health Agency recommends that the upper secondary school gradually return to on-site teaching in schools. Children and young people should also be able to participate in organized sports activities both indoors and outdoors.'

https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/nyheter-och-press/nyhetsarkiv/2021/januari/gradvis-atergang-till-narundervisning-pa-gymnasiet/

Come on Boris. Dont let the Unions dominate you. Get the kids into school. Their long term health depends on it.
Report layingisthewayforward February 18, 2021 7:44 PM GMT
On the 22nd are we expecting Boris to announce schools will reopening on the 8th March?
Report bigpoppapump February 18, 2021 8:43 PM GMT
Johnson.

He's not your fkin mate.
Report layingisthewayforward February 18, 2021 8:50 PM GMT
Ok.. Thanks for that invaluable input.
Report bigpoppapump February 18, 2021 8:58 PM GMT
You're welcome. Will be less of a disappointment when he inevitably shafts you yet again.
Report Dotchinite February 19, 2021 12:17 AM GMT
I wish he would just vaccinate the teachers then there would be no excuse not to go back.
Report Just Checking February 19, 2021 12:44 AM GMT
Home schooling it's a bit of a disaster. If you've a smart motivated kid with a motivated parent and the right resources it'll work out OK. BUT If you've an unmotivated kid with a busy or unmotivated parent, it's .. not good. Some kids unfortunately need more support or someone pushing them. There are troubles ahead for this current generation, for sure.
Report layingisthewayforward February 19, 2021 9:31 AM GMT
Agreed. Schools have to reopen on the 8th.
Report lapsy pa February 19, 2021 9:57 AM GMT
It was the correct decision to close them last month, since being closed the rate has fallen dramatically in the space of 6 weeks. Left open no doubt the virus cases would be considerably higher.
Report rothko February 19, 2021 10:08 AM GMT
need to open up asap
trashed a generations education

the long term impact will dwarf the covid deaths
Report lapsy pa February 19, 2021 10:22 AM GMT
2 months off on top of last year,the alternative was more deaths,prolonging lockdown,further damage to the economy, right call this time,the evidence is there.
Report layingisthewayforward February 19, 2021 10:35 AM GMT
100% disagree that they should have closed at all but this place is all about opinions isn't it. Do you believe they should be reopening on the 8th March Lapsy?
Report lapsy pa February 19, 2021 10:55 AM GMT
Yes of course LITWF, low cases by then and vaccine roll out should ensure they hopefully will never be shut again.
Report rothko February 19, 2021 11:10 AM GMT
never agreed with full closure
could have targeted key year groups
they were doing that any way with key worker kids
Managed to keep the coffee shops open - people meeting up sitting outside for a chat
Report layingisthewayforward February 19, 2021 5:06 PM GMT
Millions of kids have been going to school throughout this latest lockdown. Completely unfair on the ones who have been forced to stay at home.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com