Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
frog1000
28 Dec 20 15:59
| Topic/replies: 1,337 | Blogger: frog1000's blog
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-2020-12/slides-12-19/05-COVID-CLARK.pdf

Up to December 18th the CDC (USA) has numbers out that 3,150 have had 'Health Impact Events' leaving them unable to perform normal daily activities, unable to work, required care from doctor or health care professional after having the first dose of a Covid vaccine.

Is this to be expected? Similar with other Vaccines?
Pause Switch to Standard View 3,150 from 112,807 have had 'Health...
Show More
Report politicspunter December 28, 2020 3:04 PM GMT
frog1000, are you Insider Trader?
Report lapsy pa December 28, 2020 3:09 PM GMT
That is quite a lot,roughly 1 in 30,a bit different to being told it is "safe"
Report nineteen points December 28, 2020 3:33 PM GMT
hello pa,
this is the reason i have said i would rather wait a while to see how things pan out.then after a while make a decision,unless of course i get coerced into it to live/enjoy a decent life.however if you say these things you are labelled,anti vaxxer,conspiracy theorist etc.i would of just said it was common sense but there you go.
Report lapsy pa December 28, 2020 3:47 PM GMT
Hello 19, yes,no one said that seemingly high number,knew a few would have a bad reaction but still.
I suppose the clue was the keeping an eye on you for a half hour after it.
Not much of a life at the moment,keeping away from everyone and not being able to do much what you took for granted before would sway me towards the vaccine queue.
Report nineteen points December 28, 2020 3:50 PM GMT
surely if things get opened up slowly they cant discriminate against them who cant have it.i have 2 in my family who wont be able to be vaccinated.
Report lapsy pa December 28, 2020 3:55 PM GMT
I shouldn't think so, i wonder at what point/percentage of people to take it to make it effective though? quite high i imagine.
Report nineteen points December 28, 2020 3:56 PM GMT
once the over 70s get done it should ease
Report DenzilPenberthy December 28, 2020 3:58 PM GMT
Cheers frog1000.
Wait til the undiagnosed unhealthies and the multi meds types get at what number then?
Suppose most won't give a fck such an ageist society we live in imo.
Report DenzilPenberthy December 28, 2020 3:59 PM GMT
*get at it*
Report DenzilPenberthy December 28, 2020 4:02 PM GMT
Another thing this is the number they are reporting,could be far worse imo.
Report Eric.Cartman December 28, 2020 4:19 PM GMT
'leaving them unable to perform normal daily activities, unable to work, required care from doctor or health care professional'..ie pretty much anyone in a nursing home !...nonsense
Report frog1000 December 28, 2020 4:29 PM GMT
514 pregnant women had had it by 18th December. Doubt they will be in nursing homes.
Report Eric.Cartman December 28, 2020 4:32 PM GMT
great what about the other 112,000 ?
Report DenzilPenberthy December 28, 2020 4:32 PM GMT
Crikey they're dosing the preggos as well!!! God bless AmericaCry
Report Angoose December 28, 2020 4:37 PM GMT
1,775,925 people have had a terminal health impact event after contracting COVID-19 Sad
Report DenzilPenberthy December 28, 2020 4:40 PM GMT
Almost everyone who allegedly died with 'covid 19' was already ill,very little to do with 'covid 19'.
Report Escapee December 28, 2020 4:41 PM GMT
Those figures of 3150 / 112,000 are from America, which is predominantly using the Moderna vaccine.

As far as I know, the Moderna vaccine has NOT been approved for use in the UK yet.
Report Angoose December 28, 2020 4:42 PM GMT
You probably believe that. Cry
Report edy December 28, 2020 4:55 PM GMT

Dec 28, 2020 -- 4:04PM, politicspunter wrote:

frog1000, are you Insider Trader?

He should at least have the decency to vehemently deny it instead of being rude and always ignoring the question, shouldn't he?

Report PorcupineorPineapple December 28, 2020 5:03 PM GMT
Given schools are the ripest breeding grounds for the virus in recent months, does it not make sense to promote all teachers and teenagers to the front of the queue for the vaccine? Given you have hundreds of people in one place, it's also great logistically as you can simply send half a dozen nurses and have a school done in a couple of hours. Got to be better than the inevitable closing of schools for a month.

I get the argument for vaccinating the vulnerable first but given the virus is currently rampaging, would it not be more beneficial to approach it from the other angle and stop the transmissions between young and healthy people, while the vulnerable hunker down for a little while longer?
Report tashkent terror December 28, 2020 8:09 PM GMT
Great idea....let's make our teenage kids (I have 2) the guinea pigs for the most rushed through vaccine in history Crazy
Report Fatslogger December 28, 2020 8:19 PM GMT
Vaccination strategies if we get a really large number of doses of the AstraZeneca / Oxford vaccine are worth discussing, as getting lots of high transmission people vaccinated in a short space of time through school or workplace approaches would affect the pandemic significantly. I don’t think that’s how it will pan out though.
Report Fatslogger December 28, 2020 8:21 PM GMT
On the OP, you really need to know what a health impact event includes. Given that fevers are very common after vaccination, a high proportion of them could be a day off work with a temperature and perhaps a Covid test to make sure it’s the vaccine doing it, not that the person was incubating Covid.
Report edy December 28, 2020 8:23 PM GMT
**unable to perform normal daily activities, unable to work, required care from doctor or health care professional

so..yeah...basically everything because your arm hurts a bit or something.
Report edy December 28, 2020 8:24 PM GMT
There is already another thread on it btw

https://community.betfair.com/politics/go/thread/view/94150/31681399/anaphylaxis-following-m-rna-covid-19-vaccine-receipt#flvWelcomeHeader

Report TimmyRiggins December 28, 2020 8:28 PM GMT

Dec 28, 2020 -- 9:21PM, Fatslogger wrote:

On the OP, you really need to know what a health impact event includes. Given that fevers are very common after vaccination, a high proportion of them could be a day off work with a temperature and perhaps a Covid test to make sure it’s the vaccine doing it, not that the person was incubating Covid.

Less of the non-melodramatic posting please, Fatslogger.

Report nineteen points December 28, 2020 8:35 PM GMT
what responsible parent would let their children be vaccinated against something that doesnt affect them.especially prepubesant kids.
Report Escapee December 28, 2020 8:40 PM GMT
"what responsible parent would let their children be vaccinated against something that doesnt affect them.especially prepubesant kids."

your parent(s)?
Report BennyBinion1 December 28, 2020 8:47 PM GMT
How are schools more of a breeding ground than any supermarket?

Again today, in my Tesco superstore, 4 workers walking round with no masks on. 2 supervisors as well.

In contact with 1000s and 1000s of people. Touching products.

Some one on here said, supermarkets not allowed to do have these unmasked staff working in main store, but obviously not true.

Asked Tescos months ago, why the staff had no mask on. Because they are vulnerable said the store.....
Report nineteen points December 28, 2020 8:48 PM GMT
and how many supermarket staff have caught this deadly virus?
Report BennyBinion1 December 28, 2020 8:50 PM GMT
How many elderly people have they passed in on to?
Report Escapee December 28, 2020 8:51 PM GMT
"and how many supermarket staff have caught this deadly virus?"

Is the answer 2 (your parents) Grin
Report nineteen points December 28, 2020 8:52 PM GMT
none if the elderly wear their masks surely
Report Fatslogger December 28, 2020 9:02 PM GMT

Dec 28, 2020 -- 9:28PM, TimmyRiggins wrote:

Dec 28, 2020 --  9:21PM, Fatslogger wrote:On the OP, you really need to know what a health impact event includes. Given that fevers are very common after vaccination, a high proportion of them could be a day off work with a temperature and perhaps a Covid test to make sure it’s the vaccine doing it, not that the person was incubating Covid.Less of the non-melodramatic posting please, Fatslogger.

Sorry, I do realise I’m unfashionable. I try to slag other posters off and get into the odd feud, at least. Sadly, Crips has gone somewhere.

Report TimmyRiggins December 28, 2020 9:15 PM GMT

Dec 28, 2020 -- 10:02PM, Fatslogger wrote:

Dec 28, 2020 --  9:28PM, TimmyRiggins wrote:Dec 28, 2020 --

Report TimmyRiggins December 28, 2020 9:16 PM GMT

Dec 28, 2020 -- 10:02PM, Fatslogger wrote:

Dec 28, 2020 --  9:28PM, TimmyRiggins wrote:Dec 28, 2020 --

Report TimmyRiggins December 28, 2020 9:17 PM GMT
Not sure what's up with quoting... I soon realised what the >500 posts in the other thread were, when I asked if I had missed anything Laugh
Report frog1000 December 28, 2020 9:26 PM GMT

Dec 28, 2020 -- 6:03PM, PorcupineorPineapple wrote:

Given schools are the ripest breeding grounds for the virus in recent months, does it not make sense to promote all teachers and teenagers to the front of the queue for the vaccine? Given you have hundreds of people in one place, it's also great logistically as you can simply send half a dozen nurses and have a school done in a couple of hours. Got to be better than the inevitable closing of schools for a month.I get the argument for vaccinating the vulnerable first but given the virus is currently rampaging, would it not be more beneficial to approach it from the other angle and stop the transmissions between young and healthy people, while the vulnerable hunker down for a little while longer?

27 kids aged 0-19 have died with a positive Covid 19 test within a 28 day period in English Hospitals EVER.

21 of those kids had a pre-existing condition.

Who in their right mind would inject millions of kids with a vaccine that has unknown effects on fertility and appears from the OP to have other side effects given the extremely low chance of any of them dying?

Report edy December 28, 2020 9:51 PM GMT

Dec 28, 2020 -- 10:17PM, TimmyRiggins wrote:

Not sure what's up with quoting... I soon realised what the >500 posts in the other thread were, when I asked if I had missed anything

There are two (at least) quoting bugs on the forum.

One is triggered if you try to quote a post that contains a double space. Like  so. If you try to quote my post now, it will display up to "Like", cut off before the "so".

What happened to you though was the triple quote bug. I.e You posted Fatslogger (first quote, the one where you said he should be more melodramatic - 8:28), fatslogger then quoted you quoting him (2nd quote, 9:02). When you then tried to quote him quoting you quoting him, it triggered the triple quote bug.

Report wolf3011 December 28, 2020 10:09 PM GMT

Dec 28, 2020 -- 9:35PM, nineteen points wrote:

what responsible parent would let their children be vaccinated against something that doesnt affect them.especially prepubesant kids.

An insane one, is it even licensed for kids the vaccine for the terrifying covid?

Report TimmyRiggins December 28, 2020 10:20 PM GMT
If you've spent much time around Tettenhall Road, you're probably already immune, wolf Happy

@ edy

I see, cheers.

Garbage software, at best.
Report edy December 28, 2020 10:59 PM GMT
The great thing is: I think the triple quote bug is quite new. I think it was introduced after a downtime during which they also removed a workaround for the double space quoting bug Plain. Previously you could precede your posts with > to escape the double quote bug, but no more.

Not quite sure why they went through the trouble of "fixing" the workaround, while keeping the original double space bug and adding a new one for us to play with.
Report TimmyRiggins December 29, 2020 12:56 AM GMT
I can just about construct a legible sentence, so danger of me working anything more complex than that out.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com