Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
the old nanny ;-)
03 Dec 20 10:31
| Topic/replies: 5,681 | Blogger: the old nanny ;-)'s blog
The French government will launch a "massive and unprecedented" wave of measures to combat religious extremism, Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin has said.

Darmanin said on Wednesday that state services will be monitoring and controlling 76 Muslim places of worship, 16 in the Paris region and 60 in the rest of France, and that some of these mosques may be shut down. Of the mosques, 18 will be targeted by “immediate actions” at Darmanin’s request.

Darmanin said on November 3 that 43 mosques have been closed in the last three years since President Emmanuel Macron took office. Plain
Pause Switch to Standard View Macron to shut down Mosques
Show More
Report the old nanny ;-) December 3, 2020 11:35 AM GMT
Quite incredible really , Never heard of places of worship being shut down due to terrorism

Infact I never knew he had already closed closed Mosques Plain Another news item that was

Quickly carpeted by our fantastic news outlets .
Report dave1357 December 3, 2020 11:35 AM GMT
the right wing "free speech" advocates will be along to protest shortly, I'm sure.
Report the old nanny ;-) December 3, 2020 11:39 AM GMT
I doubt many of them will know anything about it Dave , of Course had Don took similar action in the states it would have been World Headlines , for some unknown reason Mr Macron must be thought of as un news worthy , but it certainly a desperate state of affairs if it turns out places of worship are terror HUBS .
Report the old nanny ;-) December 3, 2020 11:44 AM GMT
Not one major  News outlet is covering this ,not a Dickie on the BBC web page ,it was reported on the World Service which is about the only genuine outlet the BBC has left .
Report the old nanny ;-) December 3, 2020 11:48 AM GMT
Religion of all shades and shapes has always primarily been about tormenting and terrorising others.

Can you name any other Places of worship that have been shut down in recent years Edy ?

I await your list .
Report edy December 3, 2020 11:51 AM GMT
The thing with Macron is that he was never this woke uberliberal do-gooder that the cringe-righters always wanted you to believe he is because they liked themselves their Le Pen more due to her being a small time nationalist while Macron recognises that true France First is best done in the centre of the EU.
Report the old nanny ;-) December 3, 2020 11:56 AM GMT
No List I see

Well here is other News I never heard

At least 73 mosques and Islamic private schools across France have been closed by authorities since January, in a bid to combat "extremist Islam", Interior Minister Gerald Darmanan said on Tuesday.
During a press conference, the minister confirmed that a mosque and private school in the Heralt area were closed last month, along with an "organisation" and nine shops in other regions.

The minister also called for the expulsion of hundreds of foreign nationals from France.

"We must expel 231 foreigners from French territory, who are residing there illegally, and are being pursued on charges of extremism, including 180 in prison," he said.

This appears to be ongoing ,and a long time before the teacher was beheaded , Looks like Macron  Means business Shocked

Imagine if similar action needed to be taken in this Country .
Report the old nanny ;-) December 3, 2020 11:57 AM GMT
Not only places of Worship , But schools are seen as a threat ,Unbelievable TBH
Report edy December 3, 2020 11:58 AM GMT
Governments throughout the western world have been thoroughly infiltrated by religious people.
Report macarony December 3, 2020 12:01 PM GMT
similar action was needed years ago but British leaders are cowards look at the cartoon inciedent every country in Europe bar one stood shoulder to shoulder with Denmark
Report the old nanny ;-) December 3, 2020 12:06 PM GMT
Such as ?

The Tory government has MPs from all religions ..

The only Anti Religious party I know is the One you all followed and Loved Corbyns Labour .

Macron is standing against Terrorism or are you suggesting he is targeting a religion for no

reason .
Report the old nanny ;-) December 3, 2020 12:08 PM GMT
Christians set ****g Rome on fire when Nero ruling and generally terrorised the public and destroyed other places of worship.

Laugh Holly fook we are going back thousands of years now , Desperation is setting in ..

Have a look at Corbyns labour mate , that was last year Laugh
Report edy December 3, 2020 12:19 PM GMT
If you want to look at today: Christians, to this very day, seek to oppress and terrorise their fellow humans and strip them off their rights. Look at same-sex rights and abortion.

If you wish to go to direct violence: Anders Breivik obviously identifies as a Christian. The KKK are Christian. The genocide committed by the Serbs was motivated by being Christians. Peter James Knight, anti-abortion terrorist, is a Christian. The Christchurch massacre perpetrator is a Christian terrorist.
Report edy December 3, 2020 12:29 PM GMT
It's ok if a keen Christian cannot go through with abortion themselves and decides, of their own free will, to not do it. It's their choice alright, but don't fucking be a giant oppressive turd that terrorises others to prevent them from getting rid of a bunch of friggin' cells.
Report the old nanny ;-) December 3, 2020 12:30 PM GMT
Yes all terrorists and Murderers but no churches shut down , that would be that there is no major threat from Churches , Macron appears to have a different take on Mosques .
Report the old nanny ;-) December 3, 2020 12:38 PM GMT
I would imagine there will be some form of Protest , No doubt it will be headlines on the BBC over the coming days . Strange we have not heard about the previous closures .
Report edy December 3, 2020 12:45 PM GMT
the old nanny ;-) • December 3, 2020 12:30 PM GMT
Yes all terrorists and Murderers but no churches shut down

Institutions and governments in the west are thoroughly infested and infiltrated by Christians as I said. Even the ones who are pro-forma Christians or atheists are scared of the Christian lobby and power. You think anyone would ever get elected if he declares Christianity a giant piece of garbage and speaks some truth of its violence?
Report lfc1971 December 3, 2020 1:07 PM GMT
Doctors have saved babies at 12 weeks old
Report lfc1971 December 3, 2020 1:17 PM GMT
In the Algerian civil war things became so barbaric that the people decided that mosques had to be under surveillance and everything that took place monitored and controlled by the military
Report scandanavian_haven December 3, 2020 1:30 PM GMT
I imagine it's not being widely reported because it would most likely lead to more acts of terrorism be it on a small or large scale, probably a good decision. As for the actual closures, you'd need to know what information they had.
Report edy December 3, 2020 1:43 PM GMT
lol at the belgian open letter, in the vaccine section, using a story from a grifter holistic medicine anti-vaxxer Bill Gates conspiracy website.
Report edy December 3, 2020 1:47 PM GMT
wrong thread, sorry
Report the old nanny ;-) December 3, 2020 1:51 PM GMT
I imagine it's not being widely reported because it would most likely lead to more acts of terrorism be it on a small or large scale,

Yes best to say nothing or do nothing , that should sort the Issue it will probably just go away .
Report the old nanny ;-) December 3, 2020 2:06 PM GMT
Scandi had this Been Don Trumpton or another Right wing type doing this , There would be Shouts of racism ETC , but Macron is a Moderate , the Liberal left can hardly start pulling  the Race card ,
and rather than look into why he might be doing such things and reporting it ,they have Chosen to
practically ignore it.As stated I heard it on the World Service otherwise I would be unaware of the situation ,the WS is about the only true and fair Media outlet left , and can be a mine of
information on world affairs .
Report the old nanny ;-) December 3, 2020 2:09 PM GMT
TBH the Actions are summat I would be expecting Putin to be doing not Macron Plain
Report dave1357 December 3, 2020 2:39 PM GMT
rofl the US SC just ruled that people could give each other as much covid as they want in the cause of religious freedom, so there is no chance whatsoever they would do anything like this. France has a secular constitution and takes a dim view of religious organisations stirring up dissent. The UK has no constitution at all, just a rag bag of laws that can be overturned by government at will - and oh, a religious leader as head of state (ayatollah elizabeth?).
Report lfc1971 December 3, 2020 2:41 PM GMT
France are the country that has the problem
Report lfc1971 December 3, 2020 2:47 PM GMT
I don’t think we can blame Queen Elizabeth or Trump for that
As much as you might like to do so
Report General Midwinter December 3, 2020 5:21 PM GMT
How quickly we forget the IRA
Report knot in wood December 3, 2020 6:36 PM GMT
the old nanny- all these news channels have different agendas but i find France 24 pretty good, much more even handed than what we have here with the bbc, c4 and sky.
Report SontaranStratagem December 3, 2020 7:04 PM GMT
Why are they shutting them down? this is now an attack on religion as well

Been said for years but its no longer a "conspiracy theory", agenda 21 in full throttle
Report the old nanny ;-) December 4, 2020 12:44 AM GMT
Not sure whats going on , As no one is reporting any news regarding the Closures , Would be uproar if happened elsewhere ,All very strange .
Report Foinavon December 4, 2020 3:11 PM GMT
France is a secular Republic and this aspect is fiercely defended. Not sure how Macron reconciles this with the closures although the justification seems to be an association with terrorism.
https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/france-facts/secularism-and-religious-freedom-in-france-63815/article/secularism-and-religious-freedom-in-france
Report akabula December 5, 2020 12:39 AM GMT
If they've been proven to be allowing hate preachers to spread their bile then they should be closed down.
Report LoyalHoncho December 6, 2020 8:47 PM GMT
General Midwinter03 Dec 20 18:21Joined: 04 Oct 06 | Topic/replies: 553 | Blogger: General Midwinter's blog
How quickly we forget the IRA

Yep, and the IRA have never forgotten Faulkner, Heath and Sunday Bloody Sunday either.
And neither should we.
Report akabula December 6, 2020 10:46 PM GMT
Nice that they surrendered though. Happy
Report lapsy pa December 6, 2020 10:51 PM GMT
Better than Arlene who btw the way is very busy wrecking the North of Ireland was so shook by the reprocussions of Pat Finucane is pracically begging M Martin to search for collusion re Irish agencies,how pathethic. A holy f show.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com