Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
peckerdunne
25 Nov 20 17:33
| Topic/replies: 37,342 | Blogger: peckerdunne's blog
Sadly this genius has departed.
Pause Switch to Standard View Diego Maradona RIP
Show More
Report A_T November 25, 2020 4:38 PM GMT
best footballer ever
Report peckerdunne November 25, 2020 4:41 PM GMT
Have to agree.
Report Timber November 25, 2020 4:42 PM GMT
Tbf he lived longer than I ever expected
A true genius and seemed to be an affable fella.
Still one of my favourite videos

https://youtu.be/KvgqwQB4Ohc
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- November 25, 2020 4:48 PM GMT
A wonderful player, a joy to watch.

Sad news
Report lfc1971 November 25, 2020 4:49 PM GMT
Someone who , like George Best   for all you couldn’t help but like ,
maybe the best ever , sad news
Report unitedbiscuits November 25, 2020 4:49 PM GMT
Oh no. RIP Maradona.
Have to agree he was the best ever. As Platini said "What Zidane can do with a football, Maradona could do with an orange."
The film is worth seeing too. Recommended.
Report Foinavon November 25, 2020 4:51 PM GMT
He can give the hand back to its rightful owner now.
Report 1st time poster November 25, 2020 5:09 PM GMT
best of marradona sadly missed by most of us apart from a few clips,he was at his finest for napoli when taking them to title,when there was no real coverage of italian football besides a few clips
Report bungalow bill November 25, 2020 5:20 PM GMT
Channel 4 started covering Serie A in 1988, 1st Time Poster

so there was some coverage getting under way at that time.

RIP to the great man.
Report tobermory November 25, 2020 5:29 PM GMT
Nah, the Channel4 Serie A began in 1992/93 (when Gazza started playing there), Diego had already left Italy.
Report tobermory November 25, 2020 5:31 PM GMT
So 1TP is right, there is probably 100 times as much footage of Theo Walcott as there is of Maradona Sad
Report Timber November 25, 2020 5:42 PM GMT
One of the only people to have pots of coke as one of the courses at his wedding
Legend!
Report peckerdunne November 25, 2020 5:45 PM GMT
Some of the footie clips are just a thing of sheer beauty.

Amazingly dies on the exact same day as the 2nd best person to ever kick a ball, Bestie.
Report LoyalHoncho November 25, 2020 6:54 PM GMT
Can't add anything to what Menotti has said - absolutely gutted.  What a player.  What a personality.    I was brought up on a diet of Puskas, de Stefano and then Pele, and little Diego was the equal, at least, of them all.  R.I.P. Diego and thanks for everything.
Report LoyalHoncho November 25, 2020 6:56 PM GMT
Foinavon25 Nov 20 17:51Joined: 11 Oct 00 | Topic/replies: 13,158 | Blogger: Foinavon's blog
He can give the hand back to its rightful owner now.

There just had to be a bitter to spoil this grief and tribute thread.
Shame on you.
Report Foinavon November 25, 2020 7:37 PM GMT
No sense of humour, how boring.
Report GAZO November 25, 2020 8:07 PM GMT
a true great,one of those players were it didnt matter which teams were playing,if maradona was playing you watched
Report scandanavian_haven November 25, 2020 8:59 PM GMT
I thought it was humourous and not in bad taste, Foinavon.
Report Foinavon November 25, 2020 9:24 PM GMT
Thank you scandi, it was not meant to be derogatory.
Report lfc1971 November 25, 2020 9:54 PM GMT
Its ok to laugh even at a funeral , helps you cope
I think it’s encouraged if you’re a Buddhist
Report lfc1971 November 25, 2020 9:58 PM GMT
Pity we couldn’t go right back to the start of his career
And live it all over again .
Report elisjohn November 25, 2020 10:04 PM GMT
loyal, i was born a bit too late for puskas, etc but i remember eusabio pele etc and no one compares to diego imo, different planet to messi/ ronaldo
Report TheBetterBettor November 25, 2020 10:13 PM GMT
RIP Diego
&
RIP Heavy D
Report akabula November 25, 2020 10:13 PM GMT
I found it humorous as well Foinavon.
Great player and came across as a real character.
To me him and Pele were the greatest ever. Hard to split.
Report the old nanny ;-) November 25, 2020 10:48 PM GMT
A magician , Lived life to the full , Most amuzing was when he got off a plane in Italy

The Tax men were waiting for him they Nicked his earings Laugh Classic

RIP, another I feel I grew up with Gone .. Sad

Only he could have got away with the HOG play Grin The look on Peter Shiltons face after

was Priceless Laugh Infact the look on most of Our faces sitting round the Pubs in England PMSL .
Report alfee November 26, 2020 12:18 AM GMT
WatchinG MARADONA !,  THATS WHAT I CALL LIV'IN !!!
Report thegiggilo November 26, 2020 12:58 AM GMT
Only the tory schills from the BBC could turn his death into a smear by him holidaying in Cuba,another tory biased rightwing pile of sh1t..
Only the tory schills from the BBC could turn his death into a smear by him holidaying in Cuba,another tory biased rightwing pile of sh1t..
Report macarony November 26, 2020 3:29 AM GMT
You can't cheat death
Report irishone November 26, 2020 5:28 AM GMT
See how he gets on
With the real hand of god
A disgrace to the game
Report Magic__Daps November 26, 2020 8:24 AM GMT
Foinavon, what a disgusting, despicable comment....I don't know how anyone will cope after reading that!!

I expect Loyalhoncho was all over the posters laughing at Boris and Trump when they got Covid....
Report lfc1971 November 26, 2020 8:35 AM GMT
Isn’t it strange though how one player becomes considered as the possibke greatest player
when there are at least 100 maybe 1000 equally good, or better?
It’s a mystery .
Report Whisperingdeath November 26, 2020 5:59 PM GMT
Name one!
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk November 26, 2020 6:19 PM GMT
Michael Owen dived to get a penalty against Argentina in the world cup. Cheating
But we don't mention that do we?
RIP the greatest player ever, who brightened up my youth when I once loved football.
By god he was exciting to watch.
Report LoyalHoncho November 26, 2020 6:51 PM GMT
Well said J-C-M.  What a flucking whinger that Shilton is!  Beaten all ends up by a 5'5" midfielder to a high ball.  lmao.  The way Maradona read what that idiot Hodge was about to do was simply genius, and donut Shilton was caught for speed of thought and body.  And he still whinges to this day..
Report LoyalHoncho November 26, 2020 6:56 PM GMT
And no I didn't cheer when anybody caught or catches Covid.  What a ridiculous comment to make!  lol.
Even that clarion of news lowered itself to using the H.O.G. tripe to sell it's dowdy, disreputable, rag of a newspaper, instead of paying credit to a great and extremely popular sporting icon who had just died.
Despicable.
Report Magic__Daps November 26, 2020 8:09 PM GMT
Yeah that's exactly what I said.....

The point I was making was were you having a pop at all the posters laughing when Boris and Trump got Covid? Or just having a pop at the poster. I find that more despicable than a tongue in cheek joke that wasn't even in bad taste, anyone would think it was along the lines of a Bernard Manning gag.
Report tobermory November 26, 2020 8:20 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYw21_EoAWs

social distancing out the window there.
Report unitedbiscuits November 27, 2020 11:08 AM GMT
To be fair to Peter Shilton, his quote about Maradona was not graceless - he recognised him as the best player he ever saw.
He did well to resist the short end money on offer to appear together with Maradona on TV, he would have been made a figure of fun.

But there is a double standard you hear week in, week out from commentators and ex-players: English players "buy" a penalty or free kick, dirty foreigners dive for them. Teams are lauded for playing towards the corner flag when they're winning: that's "professional game management", if the team is English. And the English do it most.
Report LoyalHoncho November 27, 2020 11:16 AM GMT
Magic, I simply don't know what you going on about.  Your code is indecipherable to me.  And just what Bernard Manning has to do with anything withing this thread can only be clear in your mind.  Good luck to you and again, R.I.P. Diego Maradona, a brilliant sportsman, a magnificent if flawed genius of a footballer and a fine human being, as shown all over the world, by the outpouring of grief at his passing..
Report bigpoppapump November 27, 2020 11:23 AM GMT
saw Terry Butch doing after dinner speaking last year; he said he got dinged to do the drug test after the famous QF and the Argentinian who got dinged was, of course, El Diego.  TB had to be kept in a separate room until the King had done his business because he was trying to kill him  Laugh

Best ever by miles for me by the way, but obvs, the earlier generations aren't on as much film.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com