Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 152 comments are related to the topic:
Christmas Easing Of Restrictions - Madness?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 152
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 26 Nov 20 10:16
How many lives has tory austerity from
2010 to 2020 cost under you calculations
Insider trader?
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 26 Nov 20 10:17
500,000?

600,000?

Higher?
By:
frog1000
When: 26 Nov 20 10:23
Hard to measure how many lives a drop in the economy costs.

By March some people will have been on furlough for a almost a year. This all has to be paid for from somewhere at the expense of other things.

As does all the payments to people to do mass testing and tracing that does not work when a disease is endemic.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 26 Nov 20 10:30
The "cautious Colins" have to take a weekly covid test simply because they are interacting with the public,and yes plenty of them have a positive result.
I won't think many are "essential/frontline" workers in the golf club.

Yes 19 in general.

I have i think answered your question Magic Daps, just to reiterate, businesses were allowed open up in the summer, generally young people got the virus first due to non adherence of restriction (pubs,students,etc), in time that was transferred to the older population and here we are today.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 26 Nov 20 10:32
10 years of austerity insider trader
How many livrs

You seem to have set yourself uo
as an expert on the costs of
falls in gdp

So what about the choice to underfund
for 10 years by the tories?

Why did you fail to notice
These drawbacks for 10 years?
By:
Magic__Daps
When: 26 Nov 20 10:40
Poor old YHTL. A half decent discussion about lockdowns and the "whataboutery" that the likes of YHTL complain about comes out with a load of "whataboutery", as he/she just cannot stand to read a thread without mentioning "the bad Tories".

What a way to go through life, wake up and think about the Tories non stop all day long.

Why not actually try and counter some of the points made?
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 26 Nov 20 10:40
Freezing pay to key workers as
announced by Sunak yesterday will cause
real time pay cuts.

This will cause them to have less
money to spend, so causing others
to have business failures

This leads to more deaths

How many folk will die because of these
pay freezes?
By:
Magic__Daps
When: 26 Nov 20 10:42
Oh deary me...

YHTL - going into meltdown. I think you must be on the wrong thread.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 26 Nov 20 10:42
Of course it's whataboutery

But it's been denied by folk fir
10 years

They've now woke to the consequences
Of tory actions

Why try to hide it dappy?
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 26 Nov 20 10:43
Does austerity only harm folk
if your pub is shut for a few weeks?
By:
Magic__Daps
When: 26 Nov 20 10:47
This thread is about easing lockdown for Christmas, it isn't about anything else. If you want to start another thread then please do, then anyone who wants to can contribute to it.

Pretty simple stuff really.
By:
lfc1971
When: 26 Nov 20 10:48
cutting pay doesn’t cause business failures, prices lower that’s all
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 26 Nov 20 10:51
Lol dappy

Had you shown the same concern about other diversions

You might have a point.

But my points are connected, you dint
want to accept that

just cover your ears and eyes

Step over the bodies and carry on...
By:
lfc1971
When: 26 Nov 20 10:52
Such a fuss about Christmas, cancel it
Decorate the towns and cities and listen to carols
Stay at home .
By:
lapsy pa
When: 26 Nov 20 10:55
It is a relevant point though, easy to slag public sector workers now as they seem "safeish"to the downturn in the economy,not too many want to be a teacher say when an economy is going well and better to be in the "white van".

There has been very little pay rises in 10 years,the police,nurses etc had to fight for them,that and an increased workload due to personnel cuts is reality.

If you want to argue that is correct to try and streamline it as a "business",fair enough,but thin line.
By:
lfc1971
When: 26 Nov 20 10:59
If we are borrowing money then public sector workers shouldn’t get a pay rise
Those in the private sector the market place dictates
By:
GAZO
When: 26 Nov 20 11:03
we have borrowed money every year for possibly the last fifteen years and more,so good luck with that one
By:
lfc1971
When: 26 Nov 20 11:05
And that’s why we are all becoming poorer , in reality.
By:
lfc1971
When: 26 Nov 20 11:09
We are paying ourselves too much . Work harder pay less
Unless of course we become good at doing stuff again
Not too much signs of that but hopefully
By:
lfc1971
When: 26 Nov 20 11:11
You know difficult things , like building aircraft our own aircraft
Those sorts of things , take your choice
By:
Lee Ho Fooks
When: 26 Nov 20 11:25
Government by leak and whisper Cry
By:
Magic__Daps
When: 26 Nov 20 11:29
Poor old YHTL, as deluded as the many on the hard left. Always the victims of everything, no responsibility for anything, the hate just pours out of them against anyone who has a different view on any topic whatsoever. Cannot come back and counter some points made on this thread regarding lockdowns so brings something completely different into it!!

You are not Owen Jones are you? No counter points or debate so change the course of the direction the conversation, but if anyone dare does the same to them it's despicable and then we hear the moral outrage that follows. No doubt soon to be complaining about the huge borrowing, payback and cuts, but would complain if we didn't borrow etc etc. Same script, just choose the topic. Just so predictable.

Enjoy your day with those bad Tories swilling around in your head non stop.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 26 Nov 20 11:33
Labels to abuse folk dappy

Best you have to counter your new found
knowledge that hardships cost lives

Hey you are semi woke
By:
1st time poster
When: 26 Nov 20 12:06
re todays new tiers and dec 16 review
are mp,s ,local mayors foooking insane
whatever tier your in are they really suggesting that opening all shops in all tier,s and pubs in tier,s one and two,will reduce the number of cases,if so why not open pubs in tier 3
By:
Mexico
When: 26 Nov 20 12:49
1tp

The tier2 pub restrictions are fairy strict.
Basically need to be a restaurant & only people from same household allowed together. I very much doubt a group of 2 or 3 will be refused entry or need to produce ID but should stop groups of twelve aged under25 booking two tables next to each other.

The numbers should fall the next 2 weeks regardless of what happens on 2nd Dec, as have another week of this lockdown & then gave a time lag of about a week for infections.
The new tier2 isn't that far removed from old tier3 & was some signs that was reducing case numbers.

Why did Boris say no to a full 2 week lockdown a couple of months ago. He has been reacting (slowly) to the data rather than being in control.
By:
bigpoppapump
When: 26 Nov 20 12:59
because starmer out manoeuvered him (not hard)
By:
GAZO
When: 26 Nov 20 13:03
so could a wetherspoons type of pub which also serves meals open
By:
1st time poster
When: 26 Nov 20 13:10
mexico
numbers may well be down by 16 th, but will be rising again by end of dec
By:
Mexico
When: 26 Nov 20 13:38
1tp

That could well be an accurate prediction.
Might be difficult to prove as the 5 days of Christmas will muddy the waters so the stats guys won't know if tiers are working or not if cases are rising in early Jan.

Gazo - yep Wetherspoons can open. Wouldn't surprise me if some pups offer a cheap meal which people can order & just have sitting on their table. For example is one sausage, chips & beans a substantial meal?
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 26 Nov 20 13:46
brewery just named a new beer

Substantial meal

Lol
By:
GAZO
When: 26 Nov 20 13:48
totally agree with the cheap meal,although i cannot see what difference there is in two people not being allowed to sit and just have a drink compared to sitting there and having something to eat
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 26 Nov 20 13:48

https://triplepointbrewing.co.uk/breweryshop/substantial
By:
nineteen points
When: 26 Nov 20 13:50
only Blush
By:
mafeking
When: 26 Nov 20 14:28
you're making a mistake in trying to find any logic to any of this. it's long since been established the government doesn't have vaguest scooby what it's doing
By:
1st time poster
When: 26 Nov 20 14:40
their not going to dance through the food hoops,theres licencing /health n safety certs required, to be able to serve and police only people who supposedly  live together,with big fines been handed out
By:
dukeofpuke
When: 26 Nov 20 15:11
I cant go to the pub for a few hours for a few drinks with a few friends with the necessary restrictions in place table service, masks,reduced limit

But i can from Dec 2 go to a bookies all day and if you know what they are like with their non compliance

Utter madness
By:
Charlie
When: 26 Nov 20 15:20
Yep, utter madness. Close the whole lot down Should have happened months ago and if it had we'd be in a much better position now. Completely agree with OP.
By:
twizzle22
When: 26 Nov 20 15:31
Mexico..to answer your question i am on the committee of our club and if anyone had the "disease" i would know about it.Despite having 800 members it is an extremely close knit club with stringent safety rules.Everybody is in contact with everybody and any rumours of anyone going down with covid would soon get amplified around the club.Ditto concerns my friends club as well.NO CASES OUT OF 1400 ELDERLY MEMBERS.

You can disbelieve me if you wish but i assure you i am telling the absolute truth.
By:
Mexico
When: 26 Nov 20 15:47
Twiz

I don't believe every one of your 800 members would tell you if they have had Covid- especially if they didn't know themselves if they had Covid

Still if you put this news as a HARD FACT , I guess it is more reliable than the daily stats on positive tests & the random tests from ONS.

Lack of information about 800 people isn't the same as 800 people testing negative.
By:
sageform
When: 26 Nov 20 16:08
Not sure what planet some are living on. I am aged 76 so self isolating from other people but that does not mean that I can't spend 2 or 3 hours each day walking in the countryside and wildlife reserves as I always have done. Once a week on Saturday at 0800 I do a weekly Tesco shop complete with mask and gloves and handgel. I have always shopped at that time so apart from PPE no difference. In the afternoons I am doing a bit of gardening but mostly watching sport as I always have. Lockdown has made virtually no difference to my lifestyle at all. Why is that supposed to be bad for my mental health? I am far too busy to worry about other people.
Page 2 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com