Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lapsy pa
17 Nov 20 12:01
| Topic/replies: 9,066 | Blogger: lapsy pa's blog
Being older i would Burt,i imagine nearly all who receive notification for the flu jab would also.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 53  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 53 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 2,094
By:
Burt06
When: 17 Nov 20 12:05
Vets and St Johns Ambulance volunteers are going to be trained to administer the vaccine.

Must fill everyone with confidence that.ExcitedPlain
By:
lfc1971
When: 17 Nov 20 12:12
Those who are not vaccinated might mutate the virus making it more deadly?
By:
lfc1971
When: 17 Nov 20 12:13
And compromising those who have been vaccinated
By:
i_agree_with_nick
When: 17 Nov 20 12:18
Until or unless we get 60-70% of the population immunised, we'll be subject to restrictions for some time to come.
By:
edy
When: 17 Nov 20 12:19
Of course I will. True patriots get vaccinated.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 17 Nov 20 12:21
Once "Randox" aren't involved it will be Ok Burt.

It seems as if the goverment backed the wrong horse re vaccines and a big rush yesterday to get some of Modernas (not aftertiming with this,always looked the likely one to me as said on Chit chat in May)
By:
lfc1971
When: 17 Nov 20 12:24
Make it compulsory please
By:
lapsy pa
When: 17 Nov 20 12:29
Burt,it would be great for us all to go to Magaluf,Benidorm etc again, see elderly relatives without worrying them you could be giving them a dose.
Would you not do it for humanity Burt as has been alluded to above?
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 17 Nov 20 12:42
Yes I would let the true patriots get vaccinated first and see if they grew another head.

I am not against vaccination but I am not sure in this case it is necessary particularly as the virus is likely to mutate and boosters will need to be taken in the future. I trust in my body to fight and feed it with the right food to give it a chance.

I daresay I will be forced into taking it at some time as I enjoy foreign travel but let the believers have first shout!
By:
Mexico
When: 17 Nov 20 12:42
Wonder if government would consider paying people £100 to have it.
Can't help thinking many who aren't too keen just don't see the point rather than think Bill Gates & his Lizzard friends  have a master plan to take over the Universe with a vaccine.

I wouldn't want this vaccine to be compulsory but would like to know a decent percentage of population have been protected. Not sure best way to achieve that.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 17 Nov 20 12:49
Ten shots for a grand,

Great stuff...
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 17 Nov 20 12:51
I think vulnerable people probably need it. The old, the fat, diabetic, COPD sufferers etc.

Start with the people who need it and want it.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 17 Nov 20 12:54
Pretty sure the vaccine
we have by spring will be in short supply

Take up will be well over 60%
which seems to be around the
point where benefits to all
kick in.

Folk that don't take it might
struggle to get into some
other countries.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 17 Nov 20 12:56
Folk that don't take it might
struggle to get into some
other countries.

That is my fear, not the virus!

Why can they not supply it at cost to save the World?
By:
feedthepony
When: 17 Nov 20 12:58
If vaccine has completed the required testing, negligence liability for pharma companies has not been waved and is Not mandatory - i probably will take it

If vaccine is made mandatory - no chance (alongside millions of others)
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 17 Nov 20 13:05
I don't think they will force the vaccine on people but there will be coercive measures which are tantamount. No vaccine no go!
By:
feedthepony
When: 17 Nov 20 13:08
That effectively makes it mandatory Whispering Death - can't see how logistically that can happen without serious human right privacy overrides.

I'd class that as a mangdatory vaccine and stand with everyone else refusing against the tyrany (don't think it will happen tho)
By:
bigpoppapump
When: 17 Nov 20 13:09
is vaccine safety another subject where the ability to type on a forum also endows one with expertise?

it is rather fun isn't it, this knowing everything about everything?

Confused
By:
dukeofpuke
When: 17 Nov 20 13:19
lfc1971 • November 17, 2020 12:12 PM GMT
Those who are not vaccinated might mutate the virus making it more deadly?

Those WHO ARE vaccinated might mutate the virus making it more deadly?
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 17 Nov 20 13:19
If other countries don't allow
UK citizens to travel then
it ain't fault of uk.

Blackpool is nice in the summer
I am told.
By:
dukeofpuke
When: 17 Nov 20 13:23
lfc1971 • November 17, 2020 12:24 PM GMT
Make it compulsory please

A control frreak
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 17 Nov 20 13:24
Blackpool is nice in the summer
I am told.

Who told you that, Bill GatesLaugh?
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 17 Nov 20 13:25
Or Scarborough, or skegness

By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 17 Nov 20 13:28
Good point pop's

But the fact is we don't know, they don't know for sure and it is being rushed through. Why do we need it, I mean all of us? The human body is quite resourceful.

I am just asking questions seeking answers. I don't Bill Gates, he might be a good man with honourable intentions but there are plenty of rich people who get laws written for themselves and exert huge influence we don't even know about.

All the politics going on in America...defeating Chump, what will change? The big Corporations including Big Pharma have the politicians in their pockets. Nothing is changing from getting rid of Chump.
By:
edy
When: 17 Nov 20 13:34

Nov 17, 2020 -- 7:08AM, feedthepony wrote:

That effectively makes it mandatory Whispering Death - can't see how logistically that can happen without serious human right privacy overrides.I'd class that as a mangdatory vaccine and stand with everyone else refusing against the tyrany (don't think it will happen tho)

Going on holiday in other countries is not a human right.

By:
Burt06
When: 17 Nov 20 13:36
Been sent to Germany on holiday would be a breach of your human rights.
By:
edy
When: 17 Nov 20 13:38
Adorbs.
By:
edy
When: 17 Nov 20 13:39
Burtieboy always induces an instant cuddle reflex in me.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 17 Nov 20 13:40
Nawty Burt! almost a card for waycism!

I don't exactly disagree with your sentiments but I did have a weekend in Berlin which was pretty decent and maybe it is my age but I really fancy a Rhine Cruise!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 17 Nov 20 13:41
Sausage, beer and castles. What could possibly go wrong!
By:
bigpoppapump
When: 17 Nov 20 13:46
But the fact is we don't know, they don't know for sure and it is being rushed through. Why do we need it, I mean all of us? The human body is quite resourceful.

a few interesting points there. first point, that we 'don't know'.  Agreed.

second point, 'they don't know for sure'.  Assume you're talking about vaccine manufacturers here (they?) and their knowledge of vaccine manufacture (and its safety) ? 
if that's your point, then either you are most likely unknowingly ignorant of the process of drug/vaccine manufacture.  So (deep breath) by the time a drug or vaccine is released 'they do know'.  I'd love to think this would clear it up for you, but suspect it wont Laugh

'Why do we need it, I mean all of us?'  If everyone gets successfully vaccinated against a virus then the fabled herd immunity can be achieved, and that saves lots of people from becoming very sick or even die  (do you really not appreciate why we get vaccines?).  If the cake and eat scenario you seek is where other people get vaccinated but you award yourself invulnerable status (you're one of the people with a 'quite resourceful' body) then I cannot really help you. 

I think the world has gone mad.  We like lockdowns and massive disruption to normal life more than the brief inconvenience of getting a shot in the arm.  Truly amazing scenes.

Plain
By:
Burt06
When: 17 Nov 20 13:48
Me and my mates ended up in Munich backpacking when we were 18, met some American birds - fit as they were. Anyway they asked us if we wanted to go on a day trip with them to a camp. We thought they meant some kind of holiday camp or something for a p1ss up, we thought we'd be able to get p1ssed and book a room. Turned out the camp was Dachau - first concentration camp that Hitler opened. Spent the day getting shown round with the girls in tears. Never liked the place after that.
By:
dave1357
When: 17 Nov 20 13:49
I would guess that at some point employers will insist on employees being vaccinated, so Burty and his seven brothers will jog along to the doctor's despite wetting themselves about a couple of jabs.
By:
feedthepony
When: 17 Nov 20 13:49
It's not about foreign holidays edy - it's those not impacted by the consequences acting high and mighty over those who are complaining about a minor trivial inconvenience to their self centered view of the world.

In the space of 5 years your cattle 'middle class' have:
*  Brexit - 'I don't want queues at border control because of Brexit as my wages have not been suppressed by mass immigration'
*  Lock Down - 'I'm enjoying this down time I can spend in the garden with my family, those rotten hairdressers, waiting staff and travel agents only have themselves to blame for not working behind a desk for a giant multi national institution'
*  And now vaccine - 'just tell the government agencies your entire medical history and inject into your body what they demand, I want my weeks golfing in Portugal'

2020 is the year the self centered nature of the 'haves' (and i'm not talking the mega rich) have been exposed over the 'have nots'.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 17 Nov 20 13:50
lol Bigpoppa, "we like lockdowns and massive disruptions to normal life more than a little jab"

Nothing more to be said after that.
By:
lfc1971
When: 17 Nov 20 13:52
Some people because of a weakened immune system or other complications will not be able to be vaccinated
The anti vaccers are putting these people at risk also , so selfish
By:
bigpoppapump
When: 17 Nov 20 13:52
it is being rushed through

forgot to deal with this point.

evidence for this please (that there's a rush with an attendant compromise on safety)? the vaccines are being produced as a matter of priority yes, because of the impact (negative) of the pandemic. safety standards and data will not be compromised as a result of this speed.  you literally do not know anything about the production process and have no reason to think safety is being compromised.  you can hold that opinion, but you state 'it is being rushed through' as if speed and a compromised rush were one and the same thing and it was an established fact.
By:
edy
When: 17 Nov 20 13:53
Please, feedthepony, you putting yourself over the world because you are afraid of a lil lil lil lil jab is the epitome of self-centeredness.
By:
lfc1971
When: 17 Nov 20 13:54
If , god willing, we are lucky enough to have an effective vaccine
Take it and let’s get back to normal
Page 1 of 53  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 53 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML