Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There are currently 3 people viewing this thread.
politicspunter
11 Nov 20 14:39
| Topic/replies: 39,904 | Blogger: politicspunter's blog
Multiple markets up now from various firms on 2024 President plus Democratic and Republican candidates.
Pause Switch to Standard View 2024 USA Presidential Election
Show More
Report politicspunter June 25, 2022 6:40 PM BST

Jun 25, 2022 -- 6:37PM, razz wrote:

trump fav for the presidency makes no sense to me right now, all of the main 3 markets have huge errors in pricing I think, but it's too far out and the state of the US/world is too volatile to be too confident of betting that much at this stage

I agree.

Report A_T June 25, 2022 7:04 PM BST
not sure, how about you?

but razz you said it was "pretty stark as to why it was so under-policed". what did you mean by that?
Report razz June 25, 2022 8:20 PM BST

Jun 25, 2022 -- 6:40PM, politicspunter wrote:

I personally don't see any mental decline in Biden. Americans don't give a hoot what other countries think of them. He has reduced unemployment dramatically and stabilised the Covid situation. Don't underestimate incumbency.

it's clear as day to see, i'm not saying it's on the level that is frequently spouted but it is significant, it is not evident all the time, mostly when the Adderall or whatever drugs they have got him on ware off, you can see it in his slurred words, how slowly he sometimes speaks, how he often loses track of what he is saying when trying to make a sentence and trails off..."anyway..." how often he loses his temper with journalists and other things too. often I see ppl blaming it on his stutter but he rarely actually stutters and his speech issues you see are not related to a speech impediment.

Report politicspunter June 25, 2022 8:22 PM BST
I assume you know that Biden has had a speech impediment since he was a child?
Report razz June 25, 2022 8:22 PM BST

Jun 25, 2022 -- 6:40PM, ----you-have-to-laugh--- wrote:

Population growth from Clinton to Biden in 4 years.Why not look at stuff with a bit more honesty, you'll find itworks wonders.

embarrassingly, it seems you either can't count or forgot what you yourself wrote. YOU were comparing obama in 2008 to biden's number's in his win, so not sure  if you should be calling me dishonest when I was simply replying to your own comparison, not from clinton's run with biden's..

Report razz June 25, 2022 8:25 PM BST

Jun 25, 2022 -- 8:22PM, politicspunter wrote:

I assume you know that Biden has had a speech impediment since he was a child?

yes and like i said, his stutter rarely emerges these days, im well aware of speech impediments having had close family members with them. what biden displays in his speech with slurring, sentences that don't make any sense, forgetting what he was getting at halfway through sentences etc is not related to his stutter. some of these he has also had quite a long time but have clearly been getting worse too. do you also think he doesn't look like he has aged at all since election day?

Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 25, 2022 8:26 PM BST
Eh?

Are you doubling down on your explanation?

Lol
Report razz June 25, 2022 8:29 PM BST

Jun 25, 2022 -- 8:26PM, ----you-have-to-laugh--- wrote:

Eh?Are you doubling down on your explanation?Lol

idk what you mean man, you said "In 2008, Barack Obama earned 69,498,516 votes in the presidential election, the most ever. Now, Mr. Obama's former vice president, Joe Biden, has far surpassed that tally, setting a new record with more than 81,284,000 votes"

then you called me out for replying to that saying I was dishonest for comparing clinton's run with biden's which ofc never happened lol

Report politicspunter June 25, 2022 8:30 PM BST

Jun 25, 2022 -- 8:25PM, razz wrote:

Jun 25, 2022 -- 8:22PM, politicspunter wrote:I assume you know that Biden has had a speech impediment since he was a child?yes and like i said, his stutter rarely emerges these days, im well aware of speech impediments having had close family members with them. what biden displays in his speech with slurring, sentences that don't make any sense, forgetting what he was getting at halfway through sentences etc is not related to his stutter. some of these he has also had quite a long time but have clearly been getting worse too. do you also think he doesn't look like he has aged at all since election day?

Well, he seemed fine in both the primary debates and the debates against Trump, which incidentally, the vast majority polled said he had won convincingly. He didn't read off any autocue in either.

Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 25, 2022 8:31 PM BST
Eh?

Lol, are you really taking line?
Report razz June 25, 2022 8:31 PM BST
a quick web search and you can see the population grew about 10% i think between 2008 and now
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 25, 2022 8:32 PM BST
Why not read what's said, rather than what you
want to read.

Makes things simpler.
Report razz June 25, 2022 8:37 PM BST

Jun 25, 2022 -- 8:32PM, ----you-have-to-laugh--- wrote:

Why not read what's said, rather than what youwant to read.Makes things simpler.

honestly do not understand what you are talking about, care to actually explain? you said "Population growth from Clinton to Biden in 4 years.

Why not look at stuff with a bit more honesty, you'll find it
works wonders."

I assumed this was aimed at me because i just responded to you about population growth being a factor in biden's greater numbers vs obama's that you were originally pointing out.

Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 25, 2022 8:39 PM BST
clinton and biden, 2 of the least popular presidential candidates in history.

Remember this is your assertion!
Report tobermory June 25, 2022 8:42 PM BST
Biden certainly declined from 2012. He was very sharp in the vice presidential debate.

When he was campaigning for the Democratic nomination in 2019/2020 I was shocked at how bad he was at times, there had been a definite decline. But he really is no worse now than 3 years ago.

Most likely he had a mini stroke somewhere between 2015-2017 that left him with difficulties focusing and remembering. But it has not gotten any worse.

So I'd say his mental state has been stable for 3 years and only has to carry on like this for 18 months and it will be the point of decision to run again.

Biden as he is now is a much better option than Harris.
Report razz June 25, 2022 8:45 PM BST

Jun 25, 2022 -- 8:39PM, ----you-have-to-laugh--- wrote:

clinton and biden, 2 of the least popular presidential candidates in history.Remember this is your assertion!

no no, the topic is about you calling me dishonest for saying population growth is a factor in the comparison of hillary and biden's numbers when I never said that, i literally replied to you comparing obama and biden's numbers. we can talk about how beloved hillary and biden are after if you want but your trying to change the subject lol

Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 25, 2022 8:47 PM BST
So you still think Biden was unpopular, and he got
all them votes being unpopular because the population
grew 10% since Obama, who was previously most
voted for.

OK,

You are wrong, but you carry on.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 25, 2022 8:49 PM BST
Nope it's me calling you dishonest that you say Biden was unoopular.

Clearly you might believe you are being honest, but
then I simply pity you
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 25, 2022 8:50 PM BST
I thought you were a little brighter than some of the
half wits, but...

Hey ho
Report razz June 25, 2022 8:52 PM BST
yikes, the mental arithmetic is truly impressive, taking things out of context ignoring other factors i've mentioned and filling in the blanks to make sure that your picture of me has to be correct and cannot under any circumstance differ from your reality lol, you have embarrassed yourself today.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 25, 2022 8:54 PM BST
You are taking stuff out of context having made
a ridiculous assertion that Biden was unpopular.
Report razz June 25, 2022 8:55 PM BST

Jun 25, 2022 -- 8:42PM, tobermory wrote:

Biden certainly declined from 2012. He was very sharp in the vice presidential debate.When he was campaigning for the Democratic nomination in 2019/2020 I was shocked at how bad he was at times, there had been a definite decline. But he really is no worse now than 3 years ago. Most likely he had a mini stroke somewhere between 2015-2017 that left him with difficulties focusing and remembering. But it has not gotten any worse.So I'd say his mental state has been stable for 3 years and only has to carry on like this for 18 months and it will be the point of decision to run again. Biden as he is now is a much better option than Harris.

I do think he has declined since he won but it is hard to be sure how much because of how infrequently he talks unaided and especially about the complex situations and with people asking him questions that aren't all vetted beforehand and how infrequently he talks without a teleprompter. medically speaking he has to off declined somewhat, it's possible it's minimal but I don't think so.

Report politicspunter June 25, 2022 8:56 PM BST
There wasn't a teleprompter or cetted questions in the Primary debates or the debates against Trump, which he clearly won.
Report politicspunter June 25, 2022 8:57 PM BST
vetted
Report tobermory June 25, 2022 8:59 PM BST
the debates were terrible.

Trump just kept interrupting and going off on tangents, so Biden did not have to say much. An when he did he was hardly brilliant.
Report razz June 25, 2022 8:59 PM BST
yes turns out his policy history was highly unpopular given how much world instability it caused, and a lot of votes and polls were heavily affected by never trumpors among several other factors.  if you were talking rigidly about ratings alone then maybe I should of been more specific but I thought it was at least perceivable that ppl could see i was talking about the wider picture so i guess that's my bad and I'm a half wit..

you know we can just talk on here without insulting each other like this itself is some sort of intellectual political debate that is being scored all the time..
Report politicspunter June 25, 2022 9:10 PM BST

Jun 25, 2022 -- 8:59PM, tobermory wrote:

the debates were terrible.Trump just kept interrupting and going off on tangents, so Biden did not have to say much. An when he did he was hardly brilliant.

Actually, Trump was also terrible in the debates against Hillary, which he also clearly lost.

Report politicspunter June 25, 2022 9:18 PM BST
Let's consider the betting odds for a change, shall we? Grin

Biden is 7.2 on here on the outright market which is a stoking price for any incumbent. However, let's suppose he doesn't rum. Harris must be firm favourite to replace him surely? She is currently 17.0 on here. Both of these options should be backed.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 25, 2022 9:20 PM BST
Popularity is popularity.

Voting is more and more a popularity contest

Getting back to voting on policy would be good
but reality tv has shown folk the power, and spin
doctors have improved to milk it.

Targeted negative adverts have been so powerful
too,

Moving forward, all sides now have this,

Maybe policy will kick in to debates again.
Report A_T June 25, 2022 9:28 PM BST
razz regarding the Capitol you said it was "pretty stark as to why it was so under-policed". what did you mean by that?
Report razz June 25, 2022 10:41 PM BST

Jun 25, 2022 -- 9:10PM, politicspunter wrote:

Jun 25, 2022 -- 8:59PM, tobermory wrote:the debates were terrible.Trump just kept interrupting and going off on tangents, so Biden did not have to say much. An when he did he was hardly brilliant.Actually, Trump was also terrible in the debates against Hillary, which he also clearly lost.

i thought he was much worse vs biden, in a traditional sense he probably lost vs hillary but I don't think that's how they were judged by a large amount of people, trump got the better of her in a different way

Report razz June 25, 2022 10:43 PM BST

Jun 25, 2022 -- 9:28PM, A_T wrote:

razz regarding the Capitol you said it was "pretty stark as to why it was so under-policed". what did you mean by that?

why do you think all these allegedly bloodthirsty mobs that definitely weren't egged on by agent provocateurs were let into the capitol buildings while there was a illogically low number of police on hand for this event that was known to be happening in ample time beforehand?

Report razz June 25, 2022 10:45 PM BST

Jun 25, 2022 -- 9:20PM, ----you-have-to-laugh--- wrote:

Popularity is popularity.Voting is more and more a popularity contestGetting back to voting on policy would be goodbut reality tv has shown folk the power, and spindoctors have improved to milk it.Targeted negative adverts have been so powerfultoo,Moving forward, all sides now have this,Maybe policy will kick in to debates again.

if your being that pedantic about it then i'll reciprocate (in good faith) and counter with 1988 and why biden was so popular he didn't even make it to the primaries in his run haha

Report razz June 25, 2022 10:47 PM BST
got him
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 25, 2022 11:52 PM BST
Lol, it's just another tangent.

It's unpopular presidential candidate v trump, was your assertion.

Not 1988,or if he was unpopular at school or on the train.

You were wrong, and still are wrong no matter how much
you keep digging.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 25, 2022 11:55 PM BST
why do you think all these allegedly bloodthirsty mobs that definitely weren't egged on by agent provocateurs were let into the capitol buildings while there was a illogically low number of police on hand for this event that was known to be happening in ample time beforehand

Because trump wanted them to succeed, he really thought
he could pull off a coup.

The half wits think it was the dems, lol, muppets.
Report tobermory June 26, 2022 12:10 AM BST
Isn't the Capitol Police answerable to Congress, so Pelosi.
Report A_T June 26, 2022 8:01 AM BST
why do you think all these allegedly bloodthirsty mobs that definitely weren't egged on by agent provocateurs were let into the capitol buildings while there was a illogically low number of police on hand for this event that was known to be happening in ample time beforehand?

deary me and you try so hard to appear measured and reasonable but actually you're just another conspiracy theorist
Report A_T June 26, 2022 8:07 AM BST
Isn't the Capitol Police answerable to Congress, so Pelosi.

and other one the same
Report Timber June 26, 2022 8:22 AM BST

Jun 25, 2022 -- 11:55PM, ----you-have-to-laugh--- wrote:

why do you think all these allegedly bloodthirsty mobs that definitely weren't egged on by agent provocateurs were let into the capitol buildings while there was a illogically low number of police on hand for this event that was known to be happening in ample time beforehandBecause trump wanted them to succeed, he really thoughthe could pull off a coup.The half wits think it was the dems, lol, muppets.

500,000,000 guns in the US and yet in an attempted coup they forgot to bring themLaugh

Report politicspunter June 26, 2022 8:27 AM BST
On the contrary, many guns were confiscated along with knives and other weapons including a pipe bomb.
Report Timber June 26, 2022 8:30 AM BST
There were hundreds of thousands at the protest, a few guns were found
WOW
Not one gun was found on anybody who entered the capitol

They must have forgot themLaugh
Report politicspunter June 26, 2022 8:32 AM BST
I'm sure we will find out the array of weapons once the trials start. Most have been postponed because of the current enquiry.
Report Timber June 26, 2022 8:44 AM BST
Laugh
Report Timber June 26, 2022 8:45 AM BST
Political prisoners like some kind of third world banana republic
Report politicspunter June 26, 2022 8:49 AM BST
Looks like the inevitable flip on Election winner may happen today. I have no idea at all why Trump remains favourite (just).
Report A_T June 26, 2022 8:50 AM BST
Political prisoners like some kind of third world banana republic

nope all prosecuted in line with the constitution which includes your beloved 2nd amendment
Report Timber June 26, 2022 8:56 AM BST

Jun 26, 2022 -- 8:50AM, A_T wrote:

Political prisoners like some kind of third world banana republicnope all prosecuted in line with the constitution which includes your beloved 2nd amendment

Laugh

Report Timber June 26, 2022 8:57 AM BST
So 18 months held without bail is fair... for trespassing?
Report politicspunter June 26, 2022 9:09 AM BST

Jun 26, 2022 -- 8:57AM, Timber wrote:

So 18 months held without bail is fair... for trespassing?

I am quite sure that trespassing will be amongst the mildest of any charges.

Report Timber June 26, 2022 9:25 AM BST
Well you would be wrong...again
Report politicspunter June 26, 2022 9:27 AM BST
Feel free to list all the charges of those currently awaiting trial.
Report A_T June 26, 2022 10:09 AM BST
they'll need to build new prisons to accommodate all the 6/1 traitors. luckily America likes building new penal institutions.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 26, 2022 10:52 AM BST
Either the police had evidence before trumps attempted coup and
suspects are being held, alongside those that took
part in the insurrection.

Or there's no evidence

As ever the whack job conspiracists need to have
both simultaneously for their theorys to work.
Report Escapee June 26, 2022 12:10 PM BST
The mob were (mostly) just a standard bunch of "useful idiots".
The coup attempt was going on behind closed doors.

I ain't gonna explain it all to you, but here's a snippet about the evidence being given at the hearings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61919294

At the end of Thursday's hearing, the committee aired tape of senior White House staff recounting how members of Congress had requested presidential pardons for their involvement in attempts to overturn the 2020 presidential results. The list included Matt Gaetz of Florida and Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia.

"The only reason I know to ask for a pardon is because you think you committed a crime," said committee member Adam Kinzinger, a Republican.
Report A_T June 26, 2022 12:13 PM BST
The list included Matt Gaetz of Florida and Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia.

those two cranks begging for forgiveness. lovely Grin
Report razz June 26, 2022 3:14 PM BST

Jun 25, 2022 -- 11:52PM, ----you-have-to-laugh--- wrote:

Lol, it's just another tangent.It's unpopular presidential candidate v trump, was your assertion.Not 1988,or if he was unpopular at school or on the train. You were wrong, and still are wrong no matter how much you keep digging.

it's ok man we just disagree about something very mundane, you keep thinking that biden is ultra popular.

Report razz June 26, 2022 3:16 PM BST

Jun 25, 2022 -- 11:55PM, ----you-have-to-laugh--- wrote:

why do you think all these allegedly bloodthirsty mobs that definitely weren't egged on by agent provocateurs were let into the capitol buildings while there was a illogically low number of police on hand for this event that was known to be happening in ample time beforehandBecause trump wanted them to succeed, he really thoughthe could pull off a coup.The half wits think it was the dems, lol, muppets.

so are you implying that there was a complete lack of police attending when they were obviously needed and that police let them into the building because trump wanted them to succeed? so he made the police somehow or something, no one answers this question, I actually dont really care as I've said i didn't really follow it after the betting stopped, but i haven't seen anyone answer this

Report razz June 26, 2022 3:18 PM BST

Jun 26, 2022 -- 8:01AM, A_T wrote:

why do you think all these allegedly bloodthirsty mobs that definitely weren't egged on by agent provocateurs were let into the capitol buildings while there was a illogically low number of police on hand for this event that was known to be happening in ample time beforehand?deary me and you try so hard to appear measured and reasonable but actually you're just another conspiracy theorist

all you do is sling ad hominem, when you hear something you don't like you shout conspiracy theorist. it's a childish way of writing that oozes tribalism

Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 26, 2022 3:24 PM BST
so are you implying that there was a complete lack of police attending

Lol, a other strawman, you really should read what folk write, then think,
before coming up with such ridiculous statements.
Report A_T June 26, 2022 3:25 PM BST
I've never seen anyone suggest the police colluded with trump. but you're still evading explaining your statement: ""pretty stark as to why it was so under-policed"
Report razz June 26, 2022 3:27 PM BST

Jun 26, 2022 -- 3:25PM, A_T wrote:

I've never seen anyone suggest the police colluded with trump. but you're still evading explaining your statement: ""pretty stark as to why it was so under-policed"

well yout have to laugh apparently just did

Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 26, 2022 3:29 PM BST
Why make stuff up razz, you need to stop digging.
Report A_T June 26, 2022 3:30 PM BST
razz so you are saying the police colluded with trump?
Report tobermory June 26, 2022 3:35 PM BST

Jun 25, 2022 -- 9:18PM, politicspunter wrote:

Let's consider the betting odds for a change, shall we? Biden is 7.2 on here on the outright market which is a stoking price for any incumbent. However, let's suppose he doesn't rum. Harris must be firm favourite to replace him surely? She is currently 17.0 on here. Both of these options should be backed.

I agree Harris is also a fair bet @17. But probably should be at least 14. Biden is 7.2 when should be about 4.1 at most.

Report razz June 26, 2022 3:36 PM BST

Jun 26, 2022 -- 3:30PM, A_T wrote:

razz so you are saying the police colluded with trump?

no im saying yhtl apparently just did, his answer to my question about why there was no where near enough police and why the police let them into the building was that "Because trump wanted them to succeed, he really thoughthe could pull off a coup. "

i was asking what he means by that because it looks like he thought trump let them in indirectly somehow, im asking why or for him to be more specific with his answer

Report A_T June 26, 2022 3:37 PM BST
"pretty stark as to why it was so under-policed"

razz please explain this statement you made
Report razz June 26, 2022 3:37 PM BST
but apparently im just making that up lol
Report razz June 26, 2022 3:38 PM BST

Jun 26, 2022 -- 3:24PM, ----you-have-to-laugh--- wrote:

so are you implying that there was a complete lack of police attendingLol, a other strawman, you really should read what folk write, then think,before coming up with such ridiculous statements.

I 100% am not implying that there were no police there to be clear, so you can stop projecting that right now. you follow that up with more ad hoiminem without an actual answer.

Report A_T June 26, 2022 3:40 PM BST
"pretty stark as to why it was so under-policed"

razz please explain this statement you made
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 26, 2022 3:40 PM BST
Trump sent them there when he made his speech, inviting them
to invade the Capitol.

Are you a bit fick or on drugs?
Report tobermory June 26, 2022 3:41 PM BST
The ace for Harris would be if Biden had to actually step down during 2023. Then she'd be the incumbent and it'd be problematic for other Democrats to run against her. Parties where the incumbent president faces a strong challenge always seem to lose.

Though even then, if she had terrible poll ratings there would surely be a challenge.

If Biden announces he will serve his term and not run in 2024, and endorse Harris, I think she would be challenged. Maybe initially just by a no hoper. But if she was struggling against, say, an 83 yr old Bernie, then you would see a 'stop Bernie or whoever' candidate, which most likely would be Newsom, though other big name possibilities.
Report razz June 26, 2022 3:41 PM BST

Jun 26, 2022 -- 3:37PM, A_T wrote:

"pretty stark as to why it was so under-policed"razz please explain this statement you made

later man i have to go out, im sure you'll be glued to the screen waiting for my reply again Happy

Report razz June 26, 2022 3:41 PM BST
in the meantime maybe someone can explain to me the total lack of adequate police presence and why they let the dumb protestors in?
Report tobermory June 26, 2022 3:44 PM BST

Jun 26, 2022 -- 3:40PM, ----you-have-to-laugh--- wrote:

Trump sent them there when he made his speech, inviting themto invade the Capitol.Are you a bit fick or on drugs?

Where did Trump tell people to break into the building? The people who breached the cordon and got in were not even at the rally. Seems pretty unlikely that Trump would think a mob could just push there way in, it was fairly incredible that there were like 10 officers vs 600 people.

Report A_T June 26, 2022 3:44 PM BST
in the meantime maybe someone can explain to me the total lack of adequate police presence and why they let the dumb protestors in?

i've never claimed the above. you're the one who said it's "pretty stark as to why it was so under-policed"

let's see if you can explain this statement without making an even bigger idiot of yourself that you have already Grin
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 26, 2022 3:45 PM BST
How many police would you have liked to be there?

Should they have opened fire on the rioters, iyo?

What evidence of trumps coup did they possess?
Report A_T June 26, 2022 3:45 PM BST
it was fairly incredible that there were like 10 officers vs 600 people

you think they should have expected that Trump supporters would break into the Capital building?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 26, 2022 3:48 PM BST
about 140 police officers were assaulted while trying to stop the mob from breaching the Capitol. There were hours-long battles between police and rioters near some entrances.

This pity the insurgents invited itv cameras to
capture their insurrection
Report Timber June 26, 2022 3:49 PM BST

Jun 26, 2022 -- 3:45PM, A_T wrote:

it was fairly incredible that there were like 10 officers vs 600 peopleyou think they should have expected that Trump supporters would break into the Capital building?

Muriel Bowser and Pelosi saw to that, do keep up ffs

Report tobermory June 26, 2022 3:51 PM BST
Well if anyone should have anticipated it surely it was the police?

There is a 2hr documentary about it that was made by HBO and shown on BBC.

It was from an anti Trump POV but makes it very clear what a farce it all was. Not pre planned at all, no orders, they didn't even want to be outside the capitol but they were not allowed near the rally. They just started heading towards the building and it immediately became apparent that there was nothing to stop them.
Report Timber June 26, 2022 3:51 PM BST
Report Timber June 26, 2022 3:52 PM BST
RAY EPPS
Report A_T June 26, 2022 3:53 PM BST
Well if anyone should have anticipated it surely it was the police?

but why would police have anticipated such a thing? it's never happened before
Report Timber June 26, 2022 3:53 PM BST

Jun 26, 2022 -- 3:51PM, Timber wrote:

This should shut up the leftards

Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 26, 2022 3:54 PM BST
USCP documents show that at 2pm on that day, only 1,214 officers were “on site” across the Capitol complex of buildings.
Report A_T June 26, 2022 3:58 PM BST
I'm still confused as to why the authorities should have expected trump supporters would break into the Capitol
Report Timber June 26, 2022 4:02 PM BST

Jun 26, 2022 -- 3:58PM, A_T wrote:

I'm still confused as to why the authorities should have expected trump supporters would break into the Capitol

Ray Epps, in various videos verbally saying 'go to go into the capitol'

Not even been arrestedLaughLaughLaugh

Report Timber June 26, 2022 4:02 PM BST
https://www.revolver.news/2021/12/damning-new-details-massive-web-unindicted-operators-january-6/
Report tobermory June 26, 2022 4:03 PM BST
In terms of Biden's popularity....

He was 'unpopular' in the sense that there was very little enthusiasm for him, compared to Obama or Clinton.

But he was not unpopular in the sense people had a big dislike for him.
Report A_T June 26, 2022 4:06 PM BST
tobermory I'm still confused as to why the authorities should have expected trump supporters would break into the Capitol
Report Timber June 26, 2022 4:09 PM BST

Jun 26, 2022 -- 4:06PM, A_T wrote:

tobermory I'm still confused as to why the authorities should have expected trump supporters would break into the Capitol

Surely you can't be that thick
The protest shouldn't have been able to get anywhere near

Report A_T June 26, 2022 4:21 PM BST
The protest shouldn't have been able to get anywhere near

why would they have expected the protest to get so near? it's never happened before on jan 6?
Report politicspunter June 26, 2022 7:20 PM BST
Gavin Newsom at 34.0 with various bookies looks overpriced for Democrat nominee. If Biden decided to stand down and there was a vote to decide their candidate for President, he would be in the shake up. What's more, I am certain that he would beat Trump.
Report tobermory June 26, 2022 8:10 PM BST
I've backed Newsom here @133 average odds

Market is waking up to his potential now and down to 50.

That's the thing with this event; if the obvious Top 4 are not going to be the candidates, then there are realistically only about 4 others for each party that can seriously contend.

And it's not that hard to figure out who they are, but you often see them at the same price as novelty candidates that I would never have thought to include in the list.
Report politicspunter June 26, 2022 8:24 PM BST
I'm on at 65s, 50s and 33s now. I agree that there are some diddy candidates listed whose prices are completely ludicrous. Folks like Tucker Carlson, Josh Hawley, the Trump siblings etc for Republican nominee/outright. They are just there to help balance your book.
Report razz June 26, 2022 9:39 PM BST

Jun 26, 2022 -- 3:44PM, A_T wrote:

in the meantime maybe someone can explain to me the total lack of adequate police presence and why they let the dumb protestors in?i've never claimed the above. you're the one who said it's "pretty stark as to why it was so under-policed"let's see if you can explain this statement without making an even bigger idiot of yourself that you have already

weird reply. i never claimed you did claim what i claimed.. i asked a question, and you for no reason at all say "i never claimed the above" LaughConfused
i'm asking why you think that's the case. unless you think there was adequate police there. idk how you expect me to explain my statement when it's self explanatory, I'll clarify yet again:

I don't think there was adequate police there considering the event was planned days in advance, trump was stoking the flames of  claims of a **** election, right there that should of had police, the capitol security, intelligence agencies alarm bells ringing and providing ample security. instead a mostly peaceful bunch of idiots were let into the buildings by police with no explanation as to why and why there wasn't a significant police presence.

Report Jack Bauer "24" June 26, 2022 9:40 PM BST
I've had all the money on Newsom at the biggest price of 990 traded on here and also at 770, 390 and a little bit more at 190. I have long considered him a future runner, and I think Biden and Harris should both stand aside as there are better candidates to fight out the nomination. Biden is too old and has served his purpose getting rid of Trump. Newsom v DeSantis would be a very interesting contest in 2024.
Report razz June 26, 2022 9:42 PM BST

Jun 26, 2022 -- 3:53PM, A_T wrote:

Well if anyone should have anticipated it surely it was the police?but why would police have anticipated such a thing? it's never happened before

because it's their ****g job you lemon Laugh the protest was planned smh, how on earth would they fail to connect the dots on that and not have many extra officers on standby at the very least. if your confused at that then you must be downright befuddled as to why they let them into the building..

Report razz June 26, 2022 10:15 PM BST

Jun 26, 2022 -- 4:03PM, tobermory wrote:

In terms of Biden's popularity....He was 'unpopular' in the sense that there was very little enthusiasm for him, compared to Obama or Clinton.But he was not unpopular in the sense people had a big dislike for him.

people seem to forget biden was 4th in iowa with 13%, 5th in new hampshire with 8% and 2nd in nevada at 20% before the dnc had to throw their hands in the air and make all the other centrists drop out to make sure bernie didn't get in, most of biden's votes from super tuesday onwards came from the dropouts and the media (left and right decrying bernie as a communist) to ensure progressives didn't gain too much influence rather than people actually liking biden. that's before you even factor in the never trump vote voting for *insert any candidate here*

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com