Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
politicspunter
11 Nov 20 14:39
| Topic/replies: 43,389 | Blogger: politicspunter's blog
Multiple markets up now from various firms on 2024 President plus Democratic and Republican candidates.
Pause Switch to Standard View 2024 USA Presidential Election
Show More
Report edy July 22, 2024 8:51 PM BST
What did they (who are they?) know exactly again anyway?
Report Ronaldmcdonald July 22, 2024 9:00 PM BST
These are the questions neddy that people need answering.
Report edy July 22, 2024 9:03 PM BST

Jul 22, 2024 -- 9:00PM, Ronaldmcdonald wrote:

These are the questions neddy that people need answering.

"Sorry everyone, especially the honest punter. I was wrong yet again, in my 8:13 PM BST post, about the prosecutors not having had been allowed to use the evidence and that the whole case will be thrown out because of that."

Corrected that for you.

Report edy July 22, 2024 9:04 PM BST
I liked it better when you initially cosplayed as someone who wasn't this serially wrong.
Report edy July 22, 2024 9:08 PM BST
I: Can you write me a motivational text for someone who has real trouble saying sorry?

ChatGPT: Of course! Here is a motivational text for someone who finds it challenging to say sorry:

"Dear friend,

I know that saying sorry can be difficult, but remember that apologizing is a sign of strength, not weakness. It takes courage to acknowledge our mistakes and take responsibility for them. By saying sorry, you show that you value your relationships and are willing to make amends.

Remember, nobody is perfect, and we all make mistakes. Apologizing is not about admitting defeat, but about showing empathy and respect towards others. It's never too late to say sorry and start afresh.

So, take a deep breath, gather your courage, and reach out to those you may have hurt. Your sincere apology can mend relationships, heal wounds, and pave the way for a brighter future.

Believe in the power of forgiveness, both for others and for yourself. You deserve peace of mind and the chance to make things right.

You've got this. Apologize with sincerity, learn from your mistakes, and let your relationships flourish.

Wishing you strength and courage on your journey to saying sorry. You can do it!"

Stay positive and remember that growth often comes from moments of vulnerability.
Report Ronaldmcdonald July 22, 2024 9:25 PM BST
I am not trying to mislead anyone Ted, I am the one trying to protect the honest punters from being misled. The people who are doing that are the ones who say Trump is a felon. There's no honest reason to do that when you know about the supreme court ruling. There are people on this forum who repeatedly say Trump is a convicted rapist when they know it's a lie and you never challenge them because you are too busy harassing me about pedantry to do with precise definitions of words.
Report SamuelMertensBertens July 22, 2024 9:48 PM BST
https://x.com/umichvoter/status/1815481184098427033

uh-oh Kamala in trouble now!
Report edy July 22, 2024 9:52 PM BST
Harris will be able to counter with Vance drinking Diet Mountain Dew instead of the Mountain Dew for real men and patriots.
Report edy July 22, 2024 9:53 PM BST
As per

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1815454907291627927
Report edy July 22, 2024 10:03 PM BST

Jul 22, 2024 -- 9:25PM, Ronaldmcdonald wrote:

I am not trying to mislead anyone Ted, I am the one trying to protect the honest punters from being misled. The people who are doing that are the ones who say Trump is a felon. There's no honest reason to do that when you know about the supreme court ruling. There are people on this forum who repeatedly say Trump is a convicted rapist when they know it's a lie and you never challenge them because you are too busy harassing me about pedantry to do with precise definitions of words.

I am sorry if you feel I sometimes get in the way of you trying to mislead the honest punter about things like Biden having had been the nominee, about Supreme Court rulings, about who must have known what, about what capitol police staff said about the insurrections to Tucker Carlson and so on and so on....

Report Ronaldmcdonald July 22, 2024 10:06 PM BST
OK well just this once I accept your apology, but don't do it again Jed.
Report Jumper45 July 23, 2024 9:03 AM BST
The liberal media, well certainly here in Ireland, very gushing on Kamala, even more so that last week’s take on Vance. It’s really dumbed down stuff – ‘who is Kamala Harris’ as if we’re all brain dead morons and have never heard of her.

Similar in some ways to Hillary back in 2016. Our media will promote her while we just don’t know how unpopular she is across the US. She might have an edge on HRC. Clinton’s missus was disliked well back to the 90 when Bill was in his heyday. At least Kamala hasn’t been around that long to have that tag.
Report PorcupineorPineapple July 23, 2024 9:16 AM BST
Jumper - you need to remember that the vast majority of the population don't really care about politics. Certainly not American politics. Nowhere near care enough in the way that someone who seeks out a politics discussion board on a betting forum would care about US politics. So for them, it's not really extraordinary for them to know next to nothing about Harris and need a brief explainer.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 23, 2024 10:10 AM BST
I joined twitter about 8 years ago

Harris was one of the first randoms I followed.

It surprises me that she is running for president.

I think, maybe, her interests and involvements
are way too narrow.

Maybe that's a good thing, but I can't see that
she would ever have won a shootout for the nomination.

She may need to borrow Starmer's ming vase whilst
hammering away on women's issues.
Report Insideshrewdie July 23, 2024 10:38 AM BST
Still laying Harris at 1.07.  Also backing Michelle Obama.  harris cannot beat Trump...Whilst still underdog Michelle could.  Harris not well liked.  Since 2021 of her 47 staff in her Vice Pres office...only 5 remain under rumours of bullying, ineptitude etc.  The reason Biden hung on so long was he has no confidence in Harris beating Trump....IMO still some twists in this democratic nominee race..possibly a speedy primary before mid August...Michelle decent value at c 40-1.
Report Whisperingdeath July 23, 2024 2:13 PM BST
I think Harris gets the nod now.

I always thought this election would be decided by Roe v Wade

It still might. It certainly should be.

I think the Dems will have to attack Chump and fight fire with fire. I also think she needs to mock and ridicule him…… small hands etc

This is going to be ugly.
Report SamuelMertensBertens July 23, 2024 2:57 PM BST
Clooney endorses Harris.
Report SamuelMertensBertens July 23, 2024 3:00 PM BST
wd, I think she can go after him without resorting to body shaming.
Report TheManFromUtopia July 23, 2024 3:12 PM BST
Insideshrewdie: "... Michelle decent value at c 40-1"

She would be but she's said she definitely won't be running. A shame as apparently she'd easily beat anyone bar Elvis or Jesus.
Report Angela Rebecchi July 23, 2024 3:16 PM BST
This is very bad news for Trump. Harris a much bigger danger than Biden. Would love to know the full truth as to how it all came about. Feels like Biden was doing everything he could to stay in power and the Obama ad DNC dark arts came into play and boom he steps down, having not been seen for days, via a signed post. Couldn't make this stuff up Laugh
Report Angela Rebecchi July 23, 2024 3:20 PM BST

Jul 23, 2024 -- 10:38AM, Insideshrewdie wrote:

Still laying Harris at 1.07.

Report Angela Rebecchi July 23, 2024 3:26 PM BST

Jul 22, 2024 -- 6:25PM, tobermory wrote:

Harris will destroy Trump in the debateHave you ever heard Kamala make a speech?Absolutely hopeless, parroting phrases written out for her 'unburdened by what has been' etc

She used to be much better. In recent times she has gone into woo woo nonsensical tripe. I feel the much sharper Harris will turn up at the debates and that will be enough to get Trump beaten. 1.4 Trump backers really got carried away I feel.

Report Ronaldmcdonald July 23, 2024 3:31 PM BST
No one who has heard her talk believes she is any kind of threat. She is a talentless diversity hire and every time she talks in public she sounds drunk. In the primaries in 2020 she received a tiny fraction of the number of votes other candidates received.
Report SamuelMertensBertens July 23, 2024 3:34 PM BST

Jul 23, 2024 -- 3:16PM, Angela Rebecchi wrote:

This is very bad news for Trump. Harris a much bigger danger than Biden. Would love to know the full truth as to how it all came about. Feels like Biden was doing everything he could to stay in power and the Obama ad DNC dark arts came into play and boom he steps down, having not been seen for days, via a signed post. Couldn't make this stuff up

We do need a Last Dance ten series part documentary about these past 30 days in US politics.

Report SamuelMertensBertens July 23, 2024 3:37 PM BST
Regarding Harris, during the short speech she gave yesterday she was all smiley and happy for the first 15 minutes, but then got more serious when mentioning Trump so I think she can switch it up if needed in debates against him, should they happen.
Report Angela Rebecchi July 23, 2024 3:40 PM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKXNd5sRJDw

I remember watching Harris back in 2012 and remarking she was sure to be future President. If she operates as she did here, then I believe she will be.
Report Angela Rebecchi July 23, 2024 3:40 PM BST

Jul 23, 2024 -- 3:34PM, SamuelMertensBertens wrote:

Jul 23, 2024 --  3:16PM, Angela Rebecchi wrote:This is very bad news for Trump. Harris a much bigger danger than Biden. Would love to know the full truth as to how it all came about. Feels like Biden was doing everything he could to stay in power and the Obama ad DNC dark arts came into play and boom he steps down, having not been seen for days, via a signed post. Couldn't make this stuff upWe do need a Last Dance ten series part documentary about these past 30 days in US politics.

This would be epic !

Report Jack Bauer "24" July 23, 2024 3:48 PM BST
Back then people were talking about her being the female Obama, and whilst she is no Obama, I suspect she will still beat Trump.
Report TheManFromUtopia July 23, 2024 4:14 PM BST
SamuelMertensBertens: "Regarding Harris, during the short speech she gave yesterday she was all smiley and happy for the first 15 minutes, but then got more serious when mentioning Trump so I think she can switch it up if needed in debates against him, should they happen."

She really went for the jugular there. Excellent speech. Admittedly read it straight off the teleprompters (as they all do) but it was a superb delivery - well-honed from her prosecutor days.

Love the way her hubby introduced her too. He'll be a strong and useful up-front ally for her going by that, not just the first First Man lurking in the shadows.
Report yak hunt July 23, 2024 4:15 PM BST

Jul 23, 2024 -- 10:38AM, Insideshrewdie wrote:

Still laying Harris at 1.07.

Report yak hunt July 23, 2024 4:15 PM BST
You are throwing your money away.
Report TheManFromUtopia July 23, 2024 5:22 PM BST
There's an increasing buzz around the net about Taylor Swift possibly turning up at the DNC. Would sure beat the RNC's Sixwire, a bunch of old guys from Nashville. Harris could really clean up if the Swiftie army all vote for her too.

Report Jack Bauer "24" July 23, 2024 5:32 PM BST
I have no doubt that Taylor Swift, at the very least will tell her fans to make sure they go out and vote to support women's rights etc, even if she doesn't go as far as making a clear endorsement.
Report TheManFromUtopia July 23, 2024 5:36 PM BST
Jack Bauer "24": "I have no doubt that Taylor Swift, at the very least will tell her fans to make sure they go out and vote to support women's rights etc, even if she doesn't go as far as making a clear endorsement."

An afterthought is that probably most of them are too young to vote anyway. But they do have parents etc. who would get nagged to death to vote for her Grin
Report yak hunt July 23, 2024 5:37 PM BST
And grandparentsLaugh
Report Ronaldmcdonald July 23, 2024 5:39 PM BST
No such problem with the Hulkamaniacs.
Report Jack Bauer "24" July 23, 2024 5:41 PM BST
She has been around a long time and many of her fans are now in their thirties.
Report TheManFromUtopia July 23, 2024 5:49 PM BST
onaldmcdonald: "No such problem with the Hulkamaniacs."

Oh yeah, forgot about Hulk Hogan (if that's who you refer to?).

Ain't he the guy who was expelled from the WWE after a secret recording nobbled him for repeating the 'N' word over & over during a crazed rant about his daughter making out with a black guy?

Small wonder Trump wanted him at his DNC rally then. As I've said before, you can reliably judge a guy by the company he keeps. A shame he couldn't get Epstein along too.
Report TheManFromUtopia July 23, 2024 5:52 PM BST
* RNC even.
Report Ronaldmcdonald July 23, 2024 6:09 PM BST
I heard a rumour Hulk said the N word and that proves Trump's a racist!!! What is it with lefties? It's like they have all had their brain removed and replaced with the brain of a donkey. Biden read the eulogy at the funeral of a senior member of the KKK, a grand cyclops no less, and Kamala was Joe's VP, so look at the company she keeps. You see how the guilty by association game works? Democrats do not come out looking good. The Democrats wrote the Jim Crow laws and they are still doing everything they can to divide people by race to this day.
Report Ronaldmcdonald July 23, 2024 6:14 PM BST
You guilty by association people are insane. Do you realise you are sharing a platform with people who don't have severe TDS like you do? That makes you a wacist!!!!
Report edy July 23, 2024 6:23 PM BST
Biden read the eulogy at the funeral of a senior member of the KKK, a grand cyclops no less

Just for clarification here for the honest punter, Ronald: Was this guy an active member and "grand cyclops" (whatever that is) when he died?
Report Ronaldmcdonald July 23, 2024 6:37 PM BST
He was an Exalted Cyclops, which is very senior in the KKK, and that's who he was regardless of whether he pretended to leave later in life.
Report edy July 23, 2024 6:42 PM BST
"Sorry everyone, I was wrong yet again. It's becoming a bit of a pattern, I really am very sorry."

Fixed that for you.

How do you know he only pretended to have left?
Report SamuelMertensBertens July 23, 2024 6:49 PM BST
Trump back to pre shooting odds.
Harris at shorther odds than Biden was trading before the debate.
Report blank July 23, 2024 6:51 PM BST
Harris +2 on Reuters poll, +4 with RFK included, first poll fully after the drop out I think.

Trump should still be strong in the polling with the assassination attempt, convention and VP pick so this is bad.
Report Jack Bauer "24" July 23, 2024 6:53 PM BST
When does Trump drop out? Laugh
Report SamuelMertensBertens July 23, 2024 6:53 PM BST
Taylor Swift is touring in London for the first two nights of the convention, but would be available for the finale. I don't see this happening though.
Report SamuelMertensBertens July 23, 2024 6:55 PM BST
The Swift/Ocasio-Cortez ticket for 2036 will be a strong one though.
Report TheManFromUtopia July 23, 2024 7:00 PM BST
SamuelMertensBertens: "Trump back to pre shooting odds.
Harris at shorter odds than Biden was trading before the debate."

Flip-flop favourites b4 the week's out at this rate.

Take your seats for the Harris Wisconsin speech Ladies & Gentlemen:-

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/watch-live-harris-holds-campaign-rally-in-wisc...
Report Jumper45 July 23, 2024 7:02 PM BST
A Harris announcement bump and to be expected. She's had a couple of good days, by not really having to do anything.
Report Ronaldmcdonald July 23, 2024 7:05 PM BST
What a huge error I called him a grand cyclops when he was actually an exalted cyclops. That changes everything. I dare say millions have been wagered under false pretenses now because they thought he was a grand cyclops.
Report SamuelMertensBertens July 23, 2024 7:07 PM BST
donations have been coming in, enough delegates are reportedly secured, endorsements across the board with the exception of the Obamas, Tons of good press. And now a good poll for her. Lots of things going well for her.
Report edy July 23, 2024 7:11 PM BST

Jul 23, 2024 -- 7:05PM, Ronaldmcdonald wrote:

What a huge error I called him a grand cyclops when he was actually an exalted cyclops. That changes everything. I dare say millions have been wagered under false pretenses now because they thought he was a grand cyclops.

The exalted vs. grand cyclops was only a small side note. How do you know he only pretended to have left?

Report edy July 23, 2024 7:13 PM BST
For you to choose to make it sound like the eulogy was for a recently active member of the KKK, with you doubling down on that with your remark about "and that's who he was regardless of whether he pretended to leave later in life."
Report edy July 23, 2024 7:15 PM BST
"I'm sorry for being a dishonest a-hole that tried to mislead the honest punter yet again".

There's a template for your reply.
Report Ronaldmcdonald July 23, 2024 7:20 PM BST
No, trust me the grand/exalted issue was the main issue the honest punters will be concerned about. It will make all the difference to millions in wagering decisions.
Report edy July 23, 2024 7:23 PM BST
"I'm sorry about dodging the main point repeatedly about the active membership. I know I am wrong and tried to mislead everyone, but it's tough to admit to it. It's just my method of operation and I am the product of all in which I live and all that came before me. You think I fell out of a coconut tree?"

Fixed that for you.
Report yak hunt July 23, 2024 7:26 PM BST

Jul 23, 2024 -- 7:07PM, SamuelMertensBertens wrote:

donations have been coming in, enough delegates are reportedly secured, endorsements across the board with the exception of the Obamas, Tons of good press. And now a good poll for her. Lots of things going well for her.

Sure is, she has all the momentum and loads of ticks in the correct boxes.

Report SamuelMertensBertens July 23, 2024 7:34 PM BST
Harris even has a walk-on song, using the same as she did yesterday!
Report Jack Bauer "24" July 23, 2024 7:37 PM BST
Beyonce has given her permission to use the song and that is not something she does often.
Report SamuelMertensBertens July 23, 2024 7:41 PM BST
Smart move, good chance this goes high in the charts between now and November.
Report SamuelMertensBertens July 23, 2024 7:41 PM BST
Harris doing her Donald line again.
Report Ronaldmcdonald July 23, 2024 8:03 PM BST
I don't think you realise Jedward how senior an exalted cyclops is in the KKK. You can't just say abracadabra I am not an exalted cyclops no more!
Report edy July 23, 2024 8:08 PM BST
Ronaldmcdonald • July 23, 2024 8:03 PM BST
I don't think you realise Jedward how senior an exalted cyclops is in the KKK. You can't just say abracadabra I am not an exalted cyclops no more!

Can you factually underscore that claim or is that just something you pulled out of bodily regions in your determination to never say sorry for having had tried to mislead the honest punter again?
Report Ronaldmcdonald July 23, 2024 8:17 PM BST
It's a well known fact Teddy you keep your rank after retiring ask any president or colonel. You can't just walk away from being an exalted cyclops.
Report yak hunt July 23, 2024 8:20 PM BST
Harris gaining ground almost by the hour. Wouldn't surprise me if she was favourite in the near future.
Report edy July 23, 2024 8:20 PM BST

Jul 23, 2024 -- 8:17PM, Ronaldmcdonald wrote:

It's a well known fact Teddy you keep your rank after retiring ask any president or colonel. You can't just walk away from being an exalted cyclops.

A well known fact that is exclusive to your very own brain or actually well known outside of your brain so that you are able to provide some proof of it?

Report SamuelMertensBertens July 23, 2024 8:36 PM BST
There were suggestions Biden should have dropped out last week to steal the spotlight from the Republican convention, but doing it now has worked out quite nice for the Democrats. Getting all the coverage, and pretty much all positive, and they have their convention coming up and will get more of this coverage.
Report Ronaldmcdonald July 23, 2024 8:37 PM BST
President Trump kept his rank everyone knows that. You always keep you rank after retiring. You will have to do better than that Neddo me lad.
Report yak hunt July 23, 2024 8:38 PM BST
Ed Krassenstein

@EdKrassen
·
1h
BREAKING:

Kamala Harris has pulled ahead of Donald Trump in the latest breaking Reuters/Ipsos poll.

Harris leads Trump 44 - 42%.

This poll was conducted on Monday and Tuesday.
Report yak hunt July 23, 2024 8:38 PM BST
No surprise really.
Report edy July 23, 2024 8:39 PM BST

Jul 23, 2024 -- 8:37PM, Ronaldmcdonald wrote:

President Trump kept his rank everyone knows that. You always keep you rank after retiring. You will have to do better than that Neddo me lad.

"I do not have any proof for my claim. I am sorry for yet again having tried to mislead everyone".

Fixed that for you.

Report Ronaldmcdonald July 23, 2024 8:41 PM BST
You will have to do better than that Neddo
Report A_T July 23, 2024 8:44 PM BST
really bad that joe has gone - mitch mcconnell can't even speak and that's ok apparently
Report edy July 23, 2024 8:45 PM BST

Jul 23, 2024 -- 8:41PM, Ronaldmcdonald wrote:

You will have to do better than that Neddo

"As I already said, I really do not have any proof at all. I just made it up, entirely. I am sorry. Well, not really sorry as I keep doing it. You'd have to have fallen from a coconut tree to believe I am not deliberately being dishonest."

Fixed that for you, Ronald.

Report irishone July 23, 2024 8:46 PM BST
thats all we need
a fecking karen with the nuclear button in front of her
Report Ronaldmcdonald July 23, 2024 8:53 PM BST
Nice try nedster!
Report SamuelMertensBertens July 23, 2024 9:07 PM BST
Dems even took Trump's slogan "Fight, fight, fight" and re-worked it into "When we fight, we win" which is what they did and why they won in 2020.
Report SamuelMertensBertens July 23, 2024 9:11 PM BST
And by fight I mean getting their voters to vote, not do an insurrection.
Report edy July 23, 2024 9:20 PM BST
Here is Republican George "Fight, Fight, Fight..." Lang dreaming up civil war like MAGAs have liked to do for a while now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25vv1TkpGA4
Report tobermory July 23, 2024 9:28 PM BST

Jul 23, 2024 -- 6:42PM, edy wrote:

"Sorry everyone, I was wrong yet again. It's becoming a bit of a pattern, I really am very sorry."Fixed that for you.How do you know he only pretended to have left?

Edy with the pedantry again. He was no longer in the KKK because they lost, despite his best efforts for the cause. It's like saying Albert Speer was 'no longer a Nazi' in the 1970s.

Report edy July 23, 2024 9:31 PM BST
How do you know that was the case instead of him honestly considering it a mistake and him not wanting to burn black people at the stake anymore?
Report edy July 23, 2024 9:32 PM BST
People who leave KKK and Neo Nazi ideology behind do actually happen.
Report edy July 23, 2024 9:35 PM BST
Or Marxist ideology. MAGAs and self-declared libertarians are full of former tankies and marxists. Take Spiked which used to be Living Marxism.
Report Ronaldmcdonald July 23, 2024 9:53 PM BST
So who's worse to associate with Neddy, the guy who said the N word, or the exalted cyclops? Because you lefties like to judge people as guilty by association.
Report Angela Rebecchi July 23, 2024 9:56 PM BST
It's been their plan for a while to oust Biden for Harris. Just as it was to oust Saunders for Biden. The DNC and Obamas really are in control
Report tobermory July 23, 2024 9:59 PM BST
Barack did not want Kamala and will be seething
Report edy July 23, 2024 9:59 PM BST
Nothing, tobermory? Imagine my shock!

It is not pedantry to notice that someone tries to be deliberately misleading (and then dodges and BS around more). Though with your occasional, likely deliberate, creativity with the truth and accuracy I do understand why you, again, happen to be the one trying to frame it as such.
Report askjack July 23, 2024 10:01 PM BST
Screw the politics texting handbag fighting and hair pulling. The 'rump was always a false favourite.
Report edy July 23, 2024 10:03 PM BST

Jul 23, 2024 -- 9:53PM, Ronaldmcdonald wrote:

So who's worse to associate with Neddy, the guy who said the N word, or the exalted cyclops? Because you lefties like to judge people as guilty by association.

Are N word guy and exalted cyclops guy able to recognise their faults and be sorry? Both? One of them? None of them?

Report clouded leopard July 23, 2024 10:04 PM BST
yak hunt23 Jul 24 20:38Joined: 06 Sep 04 | Topic/replies: 1,206 | Blogger: yak hunt's blog
Ed Krassenstein

@EdKrassen
·
1h
BREAKING:

Kamala Harris has pulled ahead of Donald Trump in the latest breaking Reuters/Ipsos poll.

Grin
Report clouded leopard July 23, 2024 10:04 PM BST
yak hunt23 Jul 24 20:38Joined: 06 Sep 04 | Topic/replies: 1,206 | Blogger: yak hunt's blog
Ed Krassenstein

@EdKrassen
·
1h
BREAKING:

Grin
Report clouded leopard July 23, 2024 10:11 PM BST
yak hunt
Date Joined: 06 Sep 04
Add contact | Send message
23 Jul 24 20:38Joined: 06 Sep 04 | Topic/replies: 1,206 | Blogger: yak hunt's blog
No surprise really.

Laugh
Report SamuelMertensBertens July 23, 2024 10:45 PM BST
well done pollsters!

Political Polls
@PpollingNumbers
General Election - Age 18-29 

@YouGov
Poll:
Harris 58% (+25)
Trump 33% 

@QuinnipiacPoll
Trump 58% (+19)
Harris 39%
10:11 PM · Jul 23, 2024
· 65K Views
Report edy July 23, 2024 11:01 PM BST
That's about in line with what Biden ended up getting in 2020 according to

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2021/06/30/behind-bidens-2020-victory/
Report edy July 23, 2024 11:05 PM BST
In that same age group of course.
Report TheManFromUtopia July 23, 2024 11:51 PM BST
Musk denies donating $45m per month to Trump's campaign:-

“What’s been reported in the media is simply not true,” Musk said. “I am not donating $45 million a month to Trump.”

Funnily enough, it was only the day after the WSJ's report about Musk's mega 'donation' first came out that Trump said the following about EV's in his epic Michigan ramble on Saturday :-

"Nobody wants to buy"
"They don't go far"
"They are very expensive."
"They require far fewer jobs to make. Michigan you're going to get so screwed."
"They ordered a hit job on Michigan manufacturing with this insane electric vehicle mandate."
"If we build all the charging booths that are necessary, the country would go bankrupt. It costs, like, $3 trillion."
"They want to make our Army tanks into all electric..."

And now Musk says the reports about him donating weren't true. Ha ha ha, looks like nobody told mastermind Donald that his mate Elon wouldn't be too chuffed to hear all that nasty stuff about his beloved EV's. Even if the report was true in the first place, it definitely ain't any more! Bye bye $45m/month. The Chump strikes again!
Report askjack July 24, 2024 12:28 AM BST
To conduct a "false favourite" check on the front-runner and assess the mid-pack runner's potential to close up and start her challenge, we need to evaluate several factors. This involves examining recent performance, historical context, and current form. For this example, we'll metaphorically use Donald Trump as the front-runner and Kamala Harris as the mid-pack runner.

False Favourite Check on the Front-Runner (Donald Trump)
Key Considerations:
Recent Performance:

Has Trump maintained his lead in recent polls or political events?
Are there any signs of declining support or emerging controversies that could weaken his position?
Historical Performance:

How consistent has Trump been in maintaining his front-runner status in previous similar situations?
Have there been instances where he lost his lead close to critical points (e.g., election days, major debates)?
Current Form:

Is Trump’s campaign showing signs of fatigue or lack of momentum?
Are there stronger contenders emerging that could challenge his lead?
Assessment:
Consistency: Trump has shown the ability to maintain a strong lead in many situations, but his performance can be volatile.
Emerging Threats: If there are strong contenders gaining momentum or significant controversies affecting him, he could be a false favourite.
Mid-Pack Runner Closing Up and Starting Her Challenge (Kamala Harris)
Key Considerations:
Recent Performance:

Has Harris been showing upward trends in polls or gaining support in recent political events?
Are there specific issues or policies where she has gained traction?
Historical Performance:

How has Harris performed in previous challenges or competitive environments?
Has she shown the ability to close gaps and gain ground on front-runners?
Current Form:

Is Harris's campaign gaining momentum and showing increased activity?
Are there key endorsements or support from influential figures bolstering her position?
Assessment:
Upward Trend: If Harris is gaining support and showing improved poll numbers, she could be closing the gap effectively.
Strategic Moves: Her ability to gain traction on key issues or policies could indicate she is starting her challenge.
Summary
False Favourite Check on Trump: Trump needs to maintain consistent performance and avoid controversies. If there are significant emerging threats or declining support, he might be considered a false favourite.
Assessment of Harris Closing Up: Harris needs to show consistent upward trends in support and strategic moves on key issues. If she is gaining momentum and support, she could effectively close the gap and start her challenge.
This metaphorical analysis suggests that while Trump may hold the front-runner position, it is essential to monitor for signs of weakness. Concurrently, Harris's potential to close the gap hinges on her recent performance and ability to capitalise on emerging opportunities.

Lay the 'rump and BACK the Harris!
Report askjack July 24, 2024 12:37 AM BST
Lay the 'rump and BACK the Harris! that's me texting, all the wise words come from GOT4.o
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com