Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
i_agree_with_nick
11 Oct 20 19:12
| Topic/replies: 12,456 | Blogger: i_agree_with_nick's blog
The virus responsible for Covid-19 can remain infectious on surfaces such as banknotes, phone screens and stainless steel for 28 days, researchers say.
The findings from Australia's national science agency suggest SARS-Cov-2 can survive for far longer on surfaces than previously thought.
The virus is most commonly transmitted when people cough, sneeze or talk.
But experts say it can also be spread by particles in the air, as well as on surfaces such as metal and plastic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54500673
Pause Switch to Standard View New research on how long Covid virus...
Show More
Report 1st time poster October 11, 2020 6:16 PM BST
easy to prove 1000,s in small rooms in uni,s with virus ,rooms should be full of covid on surfaces
dont clean tesco for one day on a saturday go in afterwards should find the viruys everywhere

most infected town in germany was invaded by the countries to scientists to try and find covid on hard surfaces and they couldnt find any anywhere
Report Petraco October 11, 2020 6:20 PM BST
I think the clue is that they chose "bank notes" as the top of the list Plain

Might as well push the agenda at every available opportunity...
Report i_agree_with_nick October 11, 2020 6:24 PM BST
Are you both saying that you think this research is not credible?

I hope you're right.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 11, 2020 6:32 PM BST
Seems it can't survive more than
A few hours on copper.

Get them pennies out and chuck away
the notes.

They reckoned some other viruses could lie dormant for months.

You would have expected this research to be carried out before now.
Report peckerdunne October 11, 2020 6:34 PM BST
is that a silver lining
Report TheBetterBettor October 11, 2020 6:57 PM BST
Maybe we shouldnt be looking at a vaccine for catching covid but focusing more on a vaccine on preventing you from PASSING it on...

Something that 100% neutralises any virual load that's usually secreted in ones coughs n sneezes or spittle

Then again I can see the pharmaceuticals being dead set against this...cos it could be seen as a possible cure for the common cold
Report Dr Crippen October 11, 2020 7:03 PM BST
You would have expected this research to be carried out before now.

Oh I'm sure it has.
These people pick and choose which data they use to suit their agendas.
Report Dr Crippen October 11, 2020 7:03 PM BST
The idea is to create confusion.
Report SontaranStratagem October 11, 2020 7:14 PM BST
Banknotes and coins going very soon then
Report SontaranStratagem October 11, 2020 7:16 PM BST
So all that money people have hid under the mattress has been for nothing
Report Fatslogger October 11, 2020 7:18 PM BST

Oct 11, 2020 -- 8:03PM, Dr Crippen wrote:

You would have expected this research to be carried out before now. Oh I'm sure it has.These people pick and choose which data they use to suit their agendas.

They link to a paper which came out in April detailing similar findings. It’s not entirely clear how important a few virions are in infection by comparison with airborne spread but probably not very.

Report Dotchinite October 11, 2020 7:27 PM BST
If even half the ways they claim this virus spreads were true we would have all had it about 5 times by now.
Report Fatslogger October 11, 2020 7:37 PM BST

Oct 11, 2020 -- 8:27PM, Dotchinite wrote:

If even half the ways they claim this virus spreads were true we would have all had it about 5 times by now.

Agree. There has definitely been a lot of fearmongering, which I really dislike as a public health measure, although I do understand why the more pessimistic messages were pushed out early on.

Report Dr Crippen October 11, 2020 7:40 PM BST
Fatslogger 10 Oct 20 19:37

although I do understand why the more pessimistic messages were pushed out early on.

Like not banning incoming flights from virus hot spots and allowing Cheltenham to go ahead?
Report Fatslogger October 11, 2020 7:52 PM BST

Oct 11, 2020 -- 8:40PM, Dr Crippen wrote:

Fatslogger 10 Oct 20 19:37although I do understand why the more pessimistic messages were pushed out early on. Like not banning incoming flights from virus hot spots and allowing Cheltenham to go ahead?

Those weren’t really public health messaging decisions. I think serious epidemiological investigation of where U.K. cases came from didn’t suggest that single events like Cheltenham or football matches (Liverpool v A. Madrid always gets a mention) mattered nearly as much as a steady influx of people from high prevalence areas, mostly in Europe. So yes, somewhat agree on how we dealt with incoming flights. I think banning them would have been very hard but quarantine would have been an option, albeit one that I suspect would still have been railed against by many as authoritarian at the time.

Report 1st time poster October 11, 2020 7:58 PM BST
there was a government memo doing the rounds not to use £50 notes when sniffing your lines
Report Dr Crippen October 11, 2020 8:02 PM BST
Those weren’t really public health messaging decisions.

No, they just sent out the strongest message possible to the public.

And the wrong one.
Report Fatslogger October 11, 2020 8:16 PM BST
I’m a bit concerned that we’re currently agreeing on several topics Crips, so am thankful for your aggressive attempts to pretend otherwise through selective quoting here.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com