Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
unitedbiscuits
01 Oct 20 09:25
| Topic/replies: 14,922 | Blogger: unitedbiscuits's blog
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1kvJpeXewlXxE

It's true, only a liar or a fool would trust this country.

Brexit-no-mates better pray Trump gets in, or the project is f***ed.
Pause Switch to Standard View UK in breach of obligation of good faith
Show More
Report Angoose October 1, 2020 10:40 AM BST
Brexit: EU says it will start legal action over Boris Johnson's controversial Internal Market Bill
https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-eu-says-it-will-start-legal-action-over-boris-johnsons-controversial-internal-market-bill-12086606

The EU Commission says it will start legal action against Boris Johnson's bid to potentially override parts of the Brexit deal.

Brussels claims the prime minister is breaching the "good faith" promise both sides signed up to in the withdrawal agreement struck and passed by parliament last year.

President Ursula von der Leyen said given Mr Johnson has "failed" to heed her warning, "infringement proceedings" are being launched.

Number 10 now has until the end of October to respond.

A government spokesperson said a reply will be sent "in due course".

It marks an escalation in tensions as the deadline looms for negotiators to hammer out a trade deal.

The UK left the EU on 31 January but is in a transition period meaning it is following many of the same rules until the end of 2020.

Talks are now ongoing over the future relationship but if no breakthrough is reached by mid-October, then the prospect of a no-deal divorce will rear its head again.

Mr Johnson provoked the fury of former Conservative prime minister Theresa May and other backbenchers with a controversial plan for what should happen in that scenario.

He is pushing through legislation that would - by the government's own admission - break international law, called the "Internal Market Bill".

It will let ministers hand themselves the power to determine rules on state aid and goods travelling between Northern Ireland and Great Britain.

Despite a small Tory rebellion, the bill passed the Commons with ease earlier this week and will go on to face debates and votes in the House of Lords.

A government spokesperson defended the bill in light of the EU's legal threat.

"We need to create a legal safety net to protect the integrity of the UK's internal market, ensure Ministers can always deliver on their obligations to Northern Ireland and protect the gains from the peace process," they said.
Report Angoose October 1, 2020 10:43 AM BST
Can you believe those pesky Europeans, surely they must have known that we didn't really mean it when we signed an international treaty. Angry
Report Wallflower October 1, 2020 10:50 AM BST
The contrast in behaviour couldn't be more stark.

The EU - very transparent - say what they think and why. Publish everything - minutes from meetings even etc. You have until 30th September to stop being w*nkers. Morning October 1st steps taken. No old bluster and buffoonery without a whiff of a plan.

Bit of sting in the tail. "We stand by our commitments. Thank You".  All over in a minute or two, walks away. Next order of business. Classy lady.
Report twizzle22 October 1, 2020 10:54 AM BST
Great news....The only way now is no deal...fck Europe .
Report unitedbiscuits October 1, 2020 10:59 AM BST
No deal, no problem; no friends, no problem.
Report unitedbiscuits October 1, 2020 11:01 AM BST
No hair, no problem; no teeth, no problem. No wheels, no problem.
Report Angoose October 1, 2020 11:05 AM BST
Do these pesky Europeans know that Britannia rules the waves Angry
Report twizzle22 October 1, 2020 11:06 AM BST
ub...take a day off with all your scaremongering .You remainers never stop.
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 1, 2020 11:18 AM BST
Anywhere still thinking the EU are going to blink first? After all that's happened? We've already begun the caving in process of our oh so precious fishing waters. We cave in. That's just what we do. Still, passports eh.
Report Foinavon October 1, 2020 11:24 AM BST
twizzle22
twizzle2201 Oct 20 11:06Joined: 05 Apr 11 | Topic/replies: 7,651 | Blogger: twizzle22's blog
ub...take a day off with all your scaremongering .You remainers never stop.

The Brexit Bashing Corporation seems to have Our Ursula on a continuous loop, how pathetic.
Report unitedbiscuits October 1, 2020 11:29 AM BST
At a personal and professional level, your good word is the most valuable thing you have; if you lose it, you may as well not have health or wealth.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk October 1, 2020 11:34 AM BST
aww bless
Report unitedbiscuits October 1, 2020 11:57 AM BST
Your good name is your most valuable possession, I should say. Real-life is not like the social-media playground where you can disgrace yourself then return with a different silly name, Jumping-cuckoo-monk.
Report lapsy pa October 1, 2020 12:33 PM BST
Indeed UB,Irelands salesman currently in Washington trying to get US based UK companies to relocate to an English EU speaking country.

No trade deal if law broken, Johnsons "torrid time" not applicable.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk October 1, 2020 12:37 PM BST
All the successful businessmen in this world have a ruthless/underhanded streak. If you want Mary Poppins doing the negotiating then I gotta ask whether you really want a good deal. At all.
The remoaners on here would rather the country suffer and they be proven right.
YOU HAVE NO GOOD NAME
You are traitors.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk October 1, 2020 12:38 PM BST
Btw i wasn't banned. Get your facts straight before you put your foot in it yet again.
Report unitedbiscuits October 1, 2020 12:42 PM BST
Btw i wasn't banned. Get your facts straight before you put your foot in it yet again.

Nobody said you had been. Who did you post as before you weren't banned and started posting as Jumping-cuckoo-monk?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 1, 2020 12:43 PM BST
get the new head of bbc to add an extra last night at the
proms so we can sing our socially distanced songs.

ban eu flags, that'll teach em
Report lapsy pa October 1, 2020 12:44 PM BST
A rutless underhand streak for the easiest deal ever?, you were played for fools.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 1, 2020 12:44 PM BST
remove vat from gammon flavour crisps except the ones lineker promotes...
Report unitedbiscuits October 1, 2020 12:44 PM BST
No deal, no teeth, no brain, no honour, no credibility, no good name, no Mary Poppins, no ban, no problem.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 1, 2020 12:46 PM BST
plenty slogans, that'll teach em

they are scared of our slogans
Report lapsy pa October 1, 2020 12:58 PM BST
Nice message for Cummings by President Michel during the EUs 2 day meeting, after banging on for ages a little addendum summed it all up, "at the end of the meeting we will provide a brief update on our negotations with the UK".
As said for months on here, a game for the big boys only.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk October 1, 2020 12:59 PM BST
How could I post before as another name unitedbiscuits if I haven't been banned?

One is only allowed one betfair account.

So the fact that you have asked who I was before means you are saying I was banned

So, in answer to your q "who said you were banned?", the answer is YOU!

And I'm not banned.

So you did put your foot in it.

Oh and I think your username is silly/crap but about right for a traitor

Get it now?
Report dave1357 October 1, 2020 1:05 PM BST
he knows so much about betfair forum procedures for someone who has been here such a short time
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk October 1, 2020 1:07 PM BST
I've been here 18 months and read t&cs Dave
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk October 1, 2020 1:08 PM BST
Hoping to work my way up to moderator
Report unitedbiscuits October 1, 2020 1:11 PM BST
He does, doesn't he?
"Traitor," I've seen that language on here before too.
We can only speculate who he used to be.
Who's missing?
How long has he been posting?
Report lapsy pa October 1, 2020 1:20 PM BST
I don't get calling remainers "traitors",they wanted to stay in the EU and most went with the result,they did however probably want a "deal" that was fair to both sides.Almost certainly not on the side of "law-breaking" and only most zealous would go that route to attempt a result.
Can't understand the traitor remark at all,it seems like lashing out to put the blame on people that don't deserve it at all.
Report Angoose October 1, 2020 1:26 PM BST
Resorting to name calling helps remind the perpetrators of the good old days of the school playground. Those were the days, crushing snails and bullying Crazy
Report winningthought October 1, 2020 1:28 PM BST
Fun fact. The British Treason laws were first written in Normandy French.

Both High Treason and petty Treason are for crime against the Crown, i.e. against His or Her Majesty. Don't have sex with HM's Consort, or sovereign's eldest unmarried daughter! Stuff like that. But stuff like:

- to deprive the sovereign of the Crown,

- to levy war against the sovereign "in order by force or constraint to compel her to change her measures or counsels, or in order to put any force or constraint upon or in order to intimidate or overawe both Houses or either House of Parliament", or

- to "move or stir" any foreigner to invade the United Kingdom or any other country belonging to the sovereign.

So if the Head of State is just for show, there are no Treason Laws in the UK. For there the be Treason Laws one would have to accept that the Crown is the highest power in the Land from which all power is derived.

And of course: As a general rule, no British criminal court has jurisdiction over the Sovereign, from whom they derive their authority. Hence 'Crown' Crown.

Brexit only gets British Subjects halfway to freedom.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk October 1, 2020 1:28 PM BST
A traitor is someone who goes further and admits that he wants the country he lives in? to suffer because the democratic vote didn't go the way they wanted it.
UB admits it. He won't deny it. He said it on here.
Once Covid lets up he can fu** off elsewhere.
Report dave1357 October 1, 2020 1:29 PM BST
the laugh is, that exactly the people, on both sides of the atlantic, who are making pootin and xi dance with joy, love calling those that don't agree with them "traitors".
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk October 1, 2020 1:30 PM BST
Look at all the lefties arrive now to back each other up
Whatsapp must be buzzing this morning.
Laugh
Report dave1357 October 1, 2020 1:31 PM BST
ha ha the f off elsewhere line - does it really matter who he is, it's the same nonsense.
Report unitedbiscuits October 1, 2020 1:35 PM BST
Has anyone seen moisok lately?
Report lapsy pa October 1, 2020 1:40 PM BST
You've gone from traitors now to lefties,get labour voters in and you are a "winner" in your own mind!
You'ld be bursting your hole laughing at them if it was any other country than the UK all the way through this shenanagains,fact.
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 1, 2020 1:40 PM BST
He can form sentences so it's not moysey. Definitely been here before though. He knows all the cute buzzwords that the swivel eyed loons used with abandon. Someone was definitely more keen than others in using the TRAITOR angle. Can't quite come to me yet though.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk October 1, 2020 1:43 PM BST
I'm not really interested in politics lapsy. Boring topic for me.
But since covid and brexit I've realised what a horrible bunch the left are and like to tell em so.
Report unitedbiscuits October 1, 2020 1:44 PM BST
No, I must have read the trigger words before but I cannot quite place the authors..trouble is, so many use the same news-feeds, it's hard to distinguish an individual.
Report lapsy pa October 1, 2020 1:46 PM BST
Re brexit "the left" only wanted a fair deal in my opinion,they are vocal in the possible ruination of your country with "no deal",so i strongly disagree.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk October 1, 2020 1:53 PM BST
Don't you keep a list of who you've reported ub?
I'm sure the whatsapp group moderator will have a master copy.
Buzz buzz buzz
Report bigpoppapump October 1, 2020 2:25 PM BST
isn't it about time the CEO at BMW stepped in and sorted the Brexit deal?
Report lfc1971 October 1, 2020 3:22 PM BST
There is no court of ‘international law’ and no authority on sovereign UK
The EU at least should learn to understand this
Report chelsea girl October 1, 2020 4:46 PM BST
Despite mainstream media excitement over the announcement, this is a common process. Last year alone there were 800 open infringement cases across all EU member states.
Report chelsea girl October 1, 2020 4:47 PM BST
In other words 'tis a storm in a teacup'
Report unitedbiscuits October 1, 2020 4:58 PM BST
Informed by Guido Fawkes much, chelsea girl?

The country is reneging on its signature.

The law may never catch up with the consequences of someone throwing away his good name, that's not point, as I'm sure the executors of the estate of Jimmy Saville will attest.
Report politicspunter October 1, 2020 5:13 PM BST

Oct 1, 2020 -- 10:47AM, chelsea girl wrote:

Sure is.

Report Wallflower October 1, 2020 5:47 PM BST
Not really.

So its 'storm in a teacup' if UK ignores it and doesn't remove the offending clauses as requested?  However......

Goes to arbitration - we have agreed that CJEU is the ruling authority for the Withdrawal Agreement, by the way. (Lfc above is wrong as usual - though kind of endearing at this stage, almost traditional). Likely to lose (since we've already admotted it breaks the law). Cost a lot in fines and costs - loss of trade costs. legal costs, border in Ireland costs etc etc. And we have no trade deal with EU or US. Nasty.

We can just ignore the court, and / or not pay the fines?

Any agreement we have with any other country won't be worth the paper they written on. Diplomatic pariahs.

Of course this could go on for years, and this is being presented as a good thing. Its not. Costs go up - no deals with EU / US. Very messy indeed.

So that is  Option  1.

Option 2 is to climbdown and remove the clauses (or secretly hope the Lords block it, and not embarrass the Queen further to sign-off on illegality.

Option 3 - clauses become irrelevant because we negotiate a trade deal (i.e.  concede on level playing field, fisheries etc).

Take your pick.
Report Foinavon October 1, 2020 5:50 PM BST

True. As far as I'm aware no law has been broken so far and might never be.
Where's the beef?
Report unitedbiscuits October 1, 2020 5:58 PM BST
Well, it's very like someone saying I may not honour a bet if I don't win, after shaking on it.
Report Foinavon October 1, 2020 6:01 PM BST
Is that illegal?
Report unitedbiscuits October 1, 2020 6:04 PM BST
Depending, but it always stinks.
Report Foinavon October 1, 2020 6:07 PM BST
Like telling us we will prevent you supplying food to one of your national regions if you don't give us what we want?
Report unitedbiscuits October 1, 2020 6:11 PM BST
No, not alike at all.
One is a possible consequence to consider for a party welshing on a deal.
The other is welshing on a deal.
Report Foinavon October 1, 2020 6:13 PM BST
Blackmail stinks whoever tries it on.
Report unitedbiscuits October 1, 2020 6:20 PM BST
It's not blackmail, it's highlighting the danger of going back on your word.
Quite right too.

The worst is, Britain is throwing away something it won't be able to regain for generations, its good name.
Report Foinavon October 1, 2020 6:25 PM BST
Plant your stick in the ground and keep walking around it. You are going nowhere. It will be all forgotten after we have finally left.
Report Wallflower October 1, 2020 6:25 PM BST
Foinavon 01 Oct 20 18:07 
Like telling us we will prevent you supplying food to one of your national regions if you don't give us what we want?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We backed down on that claim - for the rubbish that it was. I'm sure you heard.
Report Foinavon October 1, 2020 6:31 PM BST
As you should. We won't then have to deploy the safety net if you keep your word.
Report unitedbiscuits October 1, 2020 6:32 PM BST
Plant your stick in the ground and keep walking around it. You are going nowhere. It will be all forgotten after we have finally left.

20 minutes to bring Foinavon to where Leavers run out of justifications and say, what can you do about it?
Report Foinavon October 1, 2020 6:35 PM BST
I made the point, we haven't broken any laws. Nothing more to say. I'll leave you the last word.
Report lapsy pa October 1, 2020 6:38 PM BST
Back to the "oven ready" deal,IBM means it wasn't quite right,you had a PM blatantly lying to the people he is meant to be serving and election or no election are you happy with that kind of morals?
Report unitedbiscuits October 1, 2020 6:39 PM BST
We promised we would "do this." We lied.
Report nineteen points October 1, 2020 6:43 PM BST
lied then,lying now and will lie again in the future pa.
Report lfc1971 October 1, 2020 6:45 PM BST
Blackmail is an ugly word
Report Foinavon October 1, 2020 6:47 PM BST
I'm not happy with the PM Lapsy pa. He should have ripped up May's deal as Parliament instructed, not rehashed it. Walk away unilaterally as we should have done in 2016.
Report lfc1971 October 1, 2020 6:50 PM BST
A deal is likely sometime between now and Christmas
All should be fine
Report lfc1971 October 1, 2020 6:51 PM BST
I know biscuits may not like to hear that :)
Report lfc1971 October 1, 2020 6:53 PM BST
Oh , and wallflower
Report lapsy pa October 1, 2020 6:53 PM BST
Fair enough Foinavon, the current "deal" was sold as better than Mays but is worse in reality,swallowed by the knuckleheads who can't see past the empire but the reality on what you seem to be wishing for is an economic apocalpse?
Heading for to be the North Korea of Europe,sovereignty in this day and age is imo overestimated.
Report lfc1971 October 1, 2020 6:57 PM BST
Life for some people can be like that ? a succession of disappointments and discouragements
Report unitedbiscuits October 1, 2020 6:59 PM BST
I hope the EU see Brexit for what it is and treat the UK as its nearest threat.

My biggest fear is that the remnants of the British reputation for fair play and rule of law cozen the EU into taking its signature on trust again but, hopefully, the current antics of the Johnson Govt have primed the EU in that regard.
Report lfc1971 October 1, 2020 7:00 PM BST
North Korea ! They’ve no proper barbers in North Korea
Report lfc1971 October 1, 2020 7:02 PM BST
Trump , Kim, Putin ...and Boris , lol
Report lfc1971 October 1, 2020 7:07 PM BST
The safety net stays in place ...end off
Report breadnbutter October 1, 2020 7:08 PM BST
Irish mince... Can't say I will miss it.
Report lapsy pa October 1, 2020 7:14 PM BST
Lol, a unionist, doff yer hat to Boris and be a Westminster subservient.

You mightn't have mince but you can reminisce history, yum.
Report peckerdunne October 1, 2020 7:17 PM BST
North Korea ! They’ve no proper barbers in North Korea  LaughLaugh
Report macarony October 5, 2020 12:35 AM BST

It's true, only a liar or a fool would trust this country

Trust us to do what?
Report unitedbiscuits October 5, 2020 8:57 AM BST
Keep our word.

Perfidious Albion.
Report lfc1971 October 5, 2020 9:02 AM BST
England tells only good lies, other countries tell bad bad lies
Report macarony October 5, 2020 9:14 AM BST
Nobody fully keeps their word UB the only difference here is the government are been open about it where normally things get changed by the back door or more likely simply ignored. But Boris is absolutely right in one respect and that is our parliament should have the final say not the EU or the UN or any other outside body, giving the final say to someone else who doesn't necessarily have your best interests at heart is just asking for trouble
Report shiny new shoes please October 5, 2020 9:18 AM BST
I hope ya all love CHLORINE
Report shiny new shoes please October 5, 2020 9:24 AM BST
Bovine somatotropin
Four large pharmaceutical companies, Monsanto, American Cyanamid, Eli Lilly, and Upjohn, developed commercial rBST products and submitted them to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for approval.
rBST has not been allowed since at least 2000 on the market in Canada,[9] or since 1990 in the European Union (EU).[10] Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Israel, and Argentina have also banned the use of rBST.
You'll be begging for IRISH MINCE
Report lfc1971 October 5, 2020 10:07 AM BST
Mince and tatties is delicious ,  no problem with that whatsoever
More good Brexit news!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com