Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
irishone
30 Sep 20 18:28
| Topic/replies: 45,715 | Blogger: irishone's blog
Pop down your local hospital
No need to wear a facemask
Tell them you are willing to help
Clean up the covid ward
For free just for one night
Do something useful ffs

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 40  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 40 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,574
By:
nineteen points
When: 30 Sep 20 18:36
why not pop down to your local care home and do the same? while your there chat to some old person who havent had any contact with their loved ones and are being treat like prisoners.

i would go to my local hospital but cant be arzed with making all them tiktok videos
By:
winningthought
When: 30 Sep 20 18:37
Only Boris would be stupid enough...
By:
Dotchinite
When: 30 Sep 20 18:43
Time for you to go and hide away in your wardrobe for the winter. See you in April.
By:
1st time poster
When: 30 Sep 20 18:45
the non believers are all queuing  for a test, getting flu vaccine and getting their name down to be first in line  for a vaccine, LaughLaugh
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 30 Sep 20 19:26
Someone I know, told me he'd recently received a letter from his GP's practice inviting him to make an appointment for a flu jab.
He's isolated himself since March.

They want him to go down and risk catching covid, that could kill him, in order to get vaccinated against something that won't.
With no guarantee that it will work anyway, but will make him ill for a spell.

Marvellous.
By:
nineteen points
When: 30 Sep 20 19:31
but they will make money from it
By:
Foinavon
When: 30 Sep 20 19:34
I got vaccinated against the flu because I know it could kill me. The practice had organised a drive through station so the risk of catching COVID was vanishingly small. The vaccine did make me ill for a few days, worse than usual, but an acceptable price for a good probability of being protected, in my view.
By:
Fatslogger
When: 30 Sep 20 20:49

Sep 30, 2020 -- 7:26PM, Dr Crippen wrote:

Someone I know, told me he'd recently received a letter from his GP's practice inviting him to make an appointment for a flu jab. He's isolated himself since March.They want him to go down and risk catching covid, that could kill him, in order to get vaccinated against something that won't.With no guarantee that it will work anyway, but will make him ill for a spell.Marvellous.

I thought the narrative was that ‘flu was about as dangerous as Covid? Am I behind the times? Or is it just that vaccines don’t work?

Funnily enough, vaccines quite often don’t work for ‘flu, as you need to vaccinate for the correct strains and that isn’t always easy to predict.

By:
nineteen points
When: 30 Sep 20 21:09
defo agree with your last line!
By:
i_agree_with_nick
When: 01 Oct 20 00:00
Funnily enough, vaccines quite often don’t work for ‘flu, as you need to vaccinate for the correct strains and that isn’t always easy to predict.

True but it will still give you some protection.  According to doctors I've spoken to, if you have the vaccine and still contract the flu, you will probably not be as ill as you would have had you not been vaccinated.  You also build up an accumulated immunity from previous years' vaccinations.

I posted recently on another thread that I didn't know until recently that you could get the flu and be asymptomatic as is the case in up to 50% of infections.
By:
nineteen points
When: 01 Oct 20 00:08
so you say they give you some protection and you will probably not be as ill.wow get me some quick!

its like wearing a boxing headguard against someone hitting you with marshmellows
By:
Reynard
When: 01 Oct 20 01:23
https://brandnewtube.com/watch/revealed-how-the-bbc-is-deliberately-suppressing-the-truth_SD2GfN7EMIjUkSD.html
By:
twizzle22
When: 01 Oct 20 11:59
Had the jab last year for the first time...felt bloody awful for over a week so its a definite NO from me.I will take my chances thanks.
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 01 Oct 20 12:13
Had it on Monday. Have been fine. Only the most minor of arm aches, which is a bonus as it normally feels like I've had a kicking.
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 01 Oct 20 12:14
Oh, and I've had it every year for a decade or more. Not been ill once, nor have I caught the flu in that time either. Love it.
By:
Jumping-cuckoo-monk
When: 01 Oct 20 12:23
Knocks me about too.
Won't be bothering with it anymore.
By:
nineteen points
When: 01 Oct 20 12:58
strange how all the muzzle lovers love a free shot of mercury as well.it never harms them and they always feel great.good for you guys! well done.have mine as well and double up.feel twice as safe and as twice as fit.
By:
i_agree_with_nick
When: 01 Oct 20 13:13
Most if not all drugs have side effects.  The risk has to be weighed up.

If you're in a vulnerable category, a side effect of the flu jab might be keeping you alive.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 01 Oct 20 13:16
I've never had the flu jab, but I had what I thought was the flu probably 25 years ago.

The fact that they have to coerce health professionals into taking it tells me all I need to know.
By:
saddo
When: 01 Oct 20 13:47
What is a covid non-believer please?
By:
nineteen points
When: 01 Oct 20 13:54
i will probably be classed as one with my views.however i do believe there is such a thing.my point is it isnt as bad as its being made out,far worse things out there getting forgotten about.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 01 Oct 20 14:00
the non believers are all queuing  for a test, getting flu vaccine and getting their name down to be first in line  for a vaccine, LaughLaugh

I had to take a covid test on Monday. I personally think this whole thing is a cluster fcuk.

A large number of people I work with were told they could not work until they had a Negative Test. We all booked test's miles away. We then found out the website refreshes every hour ( true or not? ) We then all booked local Tests but could not cancel the Tests that were miles away.

I will say this though as I am a big critic of Government Dumfukkery.I got a Test done the very next morning after booking a Test within minutes. It was well done, remarkably efficient and I got an Email with the Negative Result within 24 hours of taking it.

What annoys me is the repercussions for other people. I came into contact with many people over the weekend before we were informed someone we worked with ( and in many cases did not come into contact with ) had tested positive. How many of those people may have had to lose work, self isolated and not spend money with businesses desperate to stay afloat? Not one of 20 people tested positive.

It is madness. We are going to hell in a hand cart. There will be a huge financial crisis soon with many hundreds of thousands losing their jobs. How will we ever get this money back?

I am not saying the covid is not highly infectious...it is for sure but it is not that dangerous to general society. The deaths are mainly in older people certainly above 60, 65 and 70. Younger people should not be locked down. Vulnerable people need to protect themselves.

One thing that is annoying me very few experts are stating the importance of fresh air, sunshine and good nutrition. As soon as I get a sniff of the common cold....which, rightly or wrongly I perceive to be part of the covid family I open the windows or get fresh air outside. I eat plenty of fresh fruit...grapes, blueberries and blackberries to help fight any possible infection. It usually works and helps me defeat the little bugger before it gets a hold. Sun light is also important too not just physically but psychologically. I hear in Madrid they cannot even go to parks.

We are being fed a crock of sheite by The Scientists and Politicians many of whom do not have a scooby. I refuse to listen to all their nonsense and will continue to defend myself at all times. Nobody in the World can stop me from visiting my mother but I will not visit her if I think there is a risk. Early on before we knew the extent of 19 I would go round for a cup of tea with my own cup and sit with her in the garden. Old people need companionship as well as protection. Nobody seems to be getting this.

Oh and a good hot curry with plenty of garlic and chilli is an excellent form of defence against the covid imho that is!
By:
saddo
When: 01 Oct 20 14:11
The op's question sounds quasi religious. I believe there is a covid virus, I also believe the number of deaths under 60 is quite miniscule, because it is proven.
I am taking two 80 odd year olds out for lunch next week, they haven't been out-apart from shopping- since April. It's a fair chunk of your expected life to give away and they are happy and ready to take a tiny risk.
By:
nineteen points
When: 01 Oct 20 14:13
well said mister
By:
1st time poster
When: 01 Oct 20 14:58
did you ask them if their happy to pass it on to someone more vulnerable than them
By:
saddo
When: 01 Oct 20 15:04
Where? The supermarket where someone might also pass it on to them? What a righteous plonker you are.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 01 Oct 20 15:16
How do they pass it on if they haven't got it?
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 01 Oct 20 15:20
How does the restaurant survive if nobody visits?

How do the staff pay their rent or mortgage, the suppliers, the farmers?
By:
saddo
When: 01 Oct 20 15:28
Not his problem.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 01 Oct 20 15:51
or so he thinks. It will affect us all. No jobs spirals and many many more will lose their jobs because of the knock on effects. taxi drivers, mechanics, laundry, printers then all the people they give their money to. Where will it end....a deep deep recession and a possible return to the 1930's? We are already staring into 1984. For what a virus that kills less than 1% of the people it infects and hardly anyone below the age of 60
By:
1st time poster
When: 01 Oct 20 15:53
suppose they do what millions of shipbuilders,coal miners,steelworkers, did,
brexit will cost millions of jobs but we were told is was a price worth paying for sov
as for not having covid the premise was they,ll risk getting it/surviving it for a day out but they could unwittingly pass it on to someone else if they did catch it,
By:
1st time poster
When: 01 Oct 20 15:54
one person unbeknown to him as infected 5 wards,closed a hospital infected 80 people ,8 have died by visting A n E whilst infected without knowing it
By:
1st time poster
When: 01 Oct 20 15:56
one person who didnt no they were infected has infected 150 people in a processing factory
By:
saddo
When: 01 Oct 20 15:57
Are you sure you are not using faux altruism to hide your own selfishness.
By:
1st time poster
When: 01 Oct 20 15:57
i,m summising 150 people didnt stand coughing droplets over each other or  on mass ignore all the covid rules
By:
dustybin
When: 01 Oct 20 16:05
I've just caught up on this absurd 'QAnon' nonsense and I can now see where all the daft get their scripts.

It's pretty funny when you look at the same people who swallow the similar conspiracies based on some of the usual tropes. Statistically conspiracists who believe one will believe in another.

The anit-mask wearers are on some way towards being trump supporting David Icke following nutjobs who think Maddy Mccan was abducted by the establishment for her young blood.
By:
saddo
When: 01 Oct 20 16:14
The healthy people in hiding are the nutjobs imo, beyond pathetic now.
By:
the old nanny ;-)
When: 01 Oct 20 16:14
Jezza and his mates don't seem to be too worried .Lovely dinner parties ,no masks ,has he become a trump supporter ?
By:
saddo
When: 01 Oct 20 16:17
I don't think Jezza is a man for bovine compliance.
Page 1 of 40  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 40 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com