Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Lee Ho Fooks
16 Sep 20 12:09
| Topic/replies: 6,535 | Blogger: Lee Ho Fooks's blog
This is just too easy for Boris
Pause Switch to Standard View PMQ's with Angela Rayner
Show More
Report sofiakenny September 16, 2020 12:16 PM BST
Really?
Report Angoose September 16, 2020 12:17 PM BST
"The next time a man with symptoms drives from London To Durham it will probably be to access a test"  Laugh
Report politicspunter September 16, 2020 1:17 PM BST
A pretty solid performance from Rayner

Laura Kuenssberg

Political editor

There are serious questions being asked at the moment about where we go next with coronavirus - and there’s not much to have a laugh and a joke about.

That said, Angela Rayner did manage a couple of good gags during her first PMQs outing at the despatch box.

She announced herself with a pretty solid performance, and she didn’t look like she’d never done it before.

I think the gag that will get the sketch writers going was her joke about people driving from London to Durham for Covid tests - at the expense of the PM’s senior adviser Dominic Cummings.
Report Lee Ho Fooks September 16, 2020 1:24 PM BST
Well, I must bow to the lovely Laura then but to me Rayner looked nervous at the start & went on too long with her first 2 or 3 questions.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 16, 2020 1:36 PM BST
Extra stuttering from bojo suggested she had him flustered.

Good to see some different direction.
Report sofiakenny September 16, 2020 1:39 PM BST
Laura is a disgrace and is clearly in the pay of her "senior government sources"
Report lfc1971 September 16, 2020 1:52 PM BST
She can’t speak proper
Report lfc1971 September 16, 2020 1:54 PM BST
common as muck
Report lfc1971 September 16, 2020 2:05 PM BST
I wouldn’t like her to be on the world stage,
Can you imagine what Japanese tourists would make of her she’s no Mary Poppins
They would faint Laugh
Report geordie1956 September 16, 2020 2:07 PM BST
boris his usual inept self ...
Report Petraco September 16, 2020 2:10 PM BST
I think you can at least say that she tried.  Whether that was her best effort or not remains to be seen, but she didn't make much impression to me.

Picking on the way she speaks just highlights some peoples inverted snobbery and should make no difference if the message is clear.

I am not sure what her message was, and with so many opportunities to highlight the incompetence of the current Government approach to this shamdemic I am disappointed.

Plain
Report lfc1971 September 16, 2020 2:10 PM BST
In the Tory Party someone as dense as Angela Rayner would be a laughing stock
Report The Leopard September 16, 2020 2:10 PM BST
She has done very well considering her start in life :

Wiki :

Rayner was born on 28 March 1980 in Stockport, Greater Manchester.[1] She attended Avondale School in Stockport, leaving the school aged 16 after becoming pregnant, and did not obtain any qualifications.[2][3]

She later studied part-time at Stockport College, learning British Sign Language, and qualifying as a social care worker.[1]

After leaving college, Rayner worked for Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council as a care worker for a number of years. During this time, she was also elected as a trade union representative for Unison.[4]

She was later elected as convenor of Unison North West, becoming the union's most senior official in the region.[5][6] The Guardian featured a lengthy profile of Rayner in 2012, as part of an article on a trade union officer's working life.[7]

In 2010, she married Mark Rayner, a Unison official.[1] She has three sons: Ryan, who was born when she was aged 16; Jimmy; and Charlie.[2] Charlie was born prematurely at 23 weeks and Rayner says that the care he received demonstrated the importance of the NHS to her.[6][22]

Rayner lives in her constituency of Ashton-under-Lyne with her family. She became a grandmother in November 2017.[23]

In an interview with Evan Davis of the BBC in 2018, Rayner said that her mother had been unable to read or write; a repeat of part of a tribute she made to her mother in 2016.[24]

In March 2019, Rayner said that she had fitted panic buttons at her home after rape and death threats were sent to her a few weeks earlier.[25] In March 2020, she confirmed she had been suffering symptoms of coronavirus disease and was self-isolating following medical advice.[26]
Report lfc1971 September 16, 2020 2:16 PM BST
Must admit I enjoy listening to her speaking with passion , I can hardly believe what I’m hearing
Report lfc1971 September 16, 2020 2:20 PM BST
Having said that I’m pretty sure she said at the time a second referendum would be disasterous
And for that alone she’s worth the rest of the Labour Party and many tories put together
All is forgiven and forgotten I like her a lot
Report The Leopard September 16, 2020 3:16 PM BST
Great.... a convert !

lfc.....Have you had Covid-19, you seemed to disappear for a while?
Report Lee Ho Fooks September 16, 2020 3:37 PM BST
Currently watching Boris being questioned by Liaison Committee, no waffle allowed hereLaugh
Report lfc1971 September 16, 2020 3:41 PM BST
No I’ve been ok thanks leopard, only the good die young and I’ve sometime to go yet Happy
Report lfc1971 September 16, 2020 3:46 PM BST
Maybe i’ll just pop in now and again like yourself, might be best
Report The Leopard September 16, 2020 4:05 PM BST
Yes.....might be best
Report lfc1971 September 16, 2020 4:09 PM BST
Grin
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 16, 2020 5:55 PM BST
Don't leave us again lfc.
Report unitedbiscuits September 16, 2020 6:30 PM BST
PM played paternal concern for Angela Rayner very well.

Johnson is already beyond making any effort to persuade Parliament; not bothering to hide his contempt for it.
Report unitedbiscuits September 16, 2020 6:44 PM BST
In fact, all the class assumptions that have dragnetted the UK for 240 years were apparent in their exchange: Johnson would no sooner chastise Angela Rayner than a below-stairs scullery maid trying her best.
Report windsor knot September 19, 2020 8:10 AM BST
just read your last comment biscuits . spot on . he almost sneered when ' congratulating her on her elevation ' ..she had some good digs and ( scriptwriter ? ) put in some nice humour but looked a bit starstruck when sat listening to his waffle . however , as her history shows she is tough and learns quick .and  from a standing start in life has far outranked bojo's personal  achievements considering his shoe in privileges and present performance as director of ' carry on covid ' . i don't know her but  angela rayner was born up the road from me and i'm quite proud of her . as the saying goes i know who i would rather have in the trenches with me and it wouldn't be boris.
Report Cider September 19, 2020 8:45 AM BST
That’s some cracking ‘inverse’ snobbery of your own. You would have found fault with whatever Boris Johnson did or said up against AR. If he didn’t acknowledge that it was her first PMQ you would have said he couldn’t even be bothered to congratulate her.
Report lfc1971 September 19, 2020 8:50 AM BST
Imagine being proud of someone becoming a politician, heard it all now
Report lfc1971 September 19, 2020 8:55 AM BST
Boris behaved with his usual good manners, it’s so easy and so natural . (a good education helps )
Most labour MPs could learn a lot from Boris
Report jollyswagman September 19, 2020 8:56 AM BST
Laugh
Report lapsy pa September 19, 2020 9:16 AM BST
That would be some trench,Boris,Gove,Rees Mogg, Raab,you'ld just go over the top and say sod it.

That girl was in an interview on bbc there,she is genuine.
Report lfc1971 September 19, 2020 9:19 AM BST
The battle of Waterloo was won on the playing fields of Eton
Report lapsy pa September 19, 2020 9:24 AM BST
And by the Prussians,your EU buds even then.
Report lfc1971 September 19, 2020 9:26 AM BST
Ten years after the Battle of Waterloo while watching a cricket match at Eton the Duke of Wellington was overheard to say
“ the Battle of Waterloo was won here”
Report lfc1971 September 19, 2020 9:38 AM BST
What a team the Labour Party have with kneeler starmer and milliband etc
How about backing the U.K. government at this unprecedented time
Report Dr Crippen September 19, 2020 9:54 AM BST
Nice picture of Angie and Starmer here.

Starmer is the one on the left in the blue suit.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11822873/labour-leader-keir-starmer-takes-a-knee-george-floyd/
Report lfc1971 September 19, 2020 10:04 AM BST
disgraceful , stop embarrassing the country!
( quite like Rayners boots )
Report Dr Crippen September 19, 2020 10:07 AM BST
About Angie's boots lfc.

Are they called Chukka boots?

Or perhaps - beetle or pleb crushers?
Report Dr Crippen September 19, 2020 10:09 AM BST
All decent working class labour MPs wear Pleb Crushers by the way.
Report lfc1971 September 19, 2020 10:11 AM BST
Grin I can’t help but find her attractive
He’s a prat
Report Dr Crippen September 19, 2020 10:18 AM BST
She speaks with a lisp.

Sometimes sounds like she's got her little gob crammed full of sweets.
Report lapsy pa September 19, 2020 12:21 PM BST
Top Irishman dat Old Duke LFC, mad for the hurling too.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 19, 2020 12:30 PM BST
Johnson stutters and stammers as his inadequate brain tries to find a route to spout pre prepared drivel.

He releases pressure on his stuttering and stammering by placing his glasses into his inside jacket pocket.this also signifies he is onto the pre prepared stuff.

He used to use a pen, but the glasses are favoured now.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com