Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
14 Sep 20 00:14
| Topic/replies: 14,033 | Blogger: ----you-have-to-laugh---'s blog
Don't wish to vote to break the law...

Any more joining him?

Could be a fun packed day down landen town.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 41
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 14 Sep 20 00:30
Meanwhile...

The rule of 6 laws, due to come into force tomorrow...

Have yet to be published,,

Should be fun trying to enforce laws not in force...

Still time of course,...

Maybe they have forgotten, or
Maybe are occupied twisting Arms...
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 14 Sep 20 00:33
Sunday September 13 2020, 10.00pm, The Times
When the Queen’s minister gives his word, on her behalf, it should be axiomatic that he will keep it, even if the consequences are unpalatable. By doing so he pledges the faith, honour and credit of this nation and it diminishes the standing and reputation of Britain in the world if it should be seen to be otherwise.

No British minister should solemnly undertake to observe treaty obligations with his fingers crossed behind his back. The Withdrawal Agreement and its attendant Northern Ireland Protocol represent treaty obligations of this country to which the government, in which I had the honour to serve as attorney-general, gave its solemn and binding word. It is, therefore, obliged to accept all the ordinary and foreseeable consequences of the implementation
By:
JML
When: 14 Sep 20 00:53
20 Cabinet ministers and not one of them will speak out against this.

Their own careers are far more important to them than what's right for the country.
By:
politicspunter
When: 14 Sep 20 09:34
Geoffrey Cox “There is very little as important as the rule of law - it may seem to break the law is an immediate  expedient to relieve the pressure in negotiations. But breaking the law leads to permanent damage to our reputation. It’s a Q of honour”

I suspect he is a traditional ConservativeGrin
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 14 Sep 20 10:12
F*ck it. Our reputation is already rock bottom. The EU are already turning their back on us. Read earlier that the Germans just aren't arsed now. Exports to the UK have dramatically dropped and we're now about the sixth biggest market for them and about to be overtaken by Italy.

I think we're just a bit of an unwelcome distraction for them now.

We may as well just go full Thunderdome and make this as batsh!t as possible.
By:
saddo
When: 14 Sep 20 11:12
We should buy as little as possible from the Germans, though I have to draw the line at Bahlsen Choco Leibniz.
By:
saddo
When: 14 Sep 20 11:14
Having said that, I only buy em on bogof, the other German one from Lidl is almost equal and half the price.
By:
geordie1956
When: 14 Sep 20 11:45
them bahlsen chocolate biscs are very very good ... at the reduced price ... would pay £2 for a box of only 9 even if they do taste delicious
By:
1st time poster
When: 14 Sep 20 13:37
tom newton dunn reporting on cummings putting his jackboots on and tory,s even considering removing the whip from those voting against 1st reading tonight,never mind final vote,bad news for those who,ve already stood by their principles,some big tory beasts have, ELWOOD,TUGNAHY,COX,NEIL,rumoured to be 30 plus already
By:
Foinavon
When: 14 Sep 20 14:21
Another raise in the Brexit poker game brings out the predictable rash of remoaners. How amusing.
By:
edy
When: 14 Sep 20 14:27
Is Cox a Remoaniac?
By:
Foinavon
When: 14 Sep 20 14:31
Of course, he was traitor May's AG and tried to hide what she was up to.
By:
politicspunter
When: 14 Sep 20 14:31
I don't think he is Edy. I think he is just a traditional Conservative that believes in the rule of law as we all should.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 14 Sep 20 14:32
Practical point here,giving the UK are sending most of their covid tests to Holland and Germany for analysis,how will that work after transition is finished?
I don't think they will be a bunch of rotters with this but it is the kinda thing that compromises sovereignty.
By:
edy
When: 14 Sep 20 14:35
What was May up to besides desperately trying to convince the ERG to vote for the same deal they later voted for after they had plotted against May to install their man?
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 14 Sep 20 14:36
Trivia innit lapsy pa

Far more important to wave a few flags
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 14 Sep 20 14:38
They had to get rid of May so they could persuade the public to follow their lead.

Deals are made to be broken with these extremists same as laws.
By:
Foinavon
When: 14 Sep 20 14:41
Your choice edy, honest politician or a remoaner with an agenda?

Treason allowed us to be tangled in a deadly web of deceit from which we are still trying to break free.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 14 Sep 20 14:42
Who is the honest politician in the tory Party?

You are aving a laff
By:
edy
Rory Stewart Love
By:
edy
Wait, not a Tory no more.
By:
Foinavon
When: 14 Sep 20 14:43
PP seems to think that Cox is.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 14 Sep 20 14:44
Tis i suppose YHTL, the reason why i said it cos there was big handbags over sharing the criminal database(i mightn't be up to date) i can see the humanitarian but not the double standards sides.
By:
politicspunter
When: 14 Sep 20 14:44

Sep 14, 2020 -- 2:42PM, edy wrote:

Rory Stewart

He could have been one of the best Prime Ministers the UK has had.

By:
edy
When: 14 Sep 20 14:47
Geoffrey Cox QC MP
@Geoffrey_Cox
·
May 28, 2016
Packed meeting to launch TWD Vote Leave campaign tonight with Chairman of Lib Dems, Cllr.Trevor Johns and Chairman of UKIP, Derek Sargent.

Geoffrey Cox QC MP
@Geoffrey_Cox
·
May 9, 2016
Chicken Licken says sky will fall in if we leave the EU. #FT125

Geoffrey Cox QC MP
@Geoffrey_Cox
·
Mar 3, 2016
Threats will not work.  "Consequences if Britain votes to leave EU, warns Hollande"  http://thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/politics/article4704772.ece

Shocked
By:
Foinavon
When: 14 Sep 20 14:48
Don't make me laugh pp, mind you, there not been much competition since St. Margaret stepped down.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
Rory was fairly Liberal, not sure he would have made a good leader.

Probably a decent 2nd or 3rd man.
By:
edy
Writing in The Times, Mr Cox, who backed the Leave campaign, warned that he would not back the UK Internal Market Bill unless ministers dispel the impression they plan to "permanently and unilaterally" rewrite an international agreement.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/geoffrey-cox-says-boris-johnson-s-plan-rewrite-brexit-deal-unconscionable-b434960.html

Shocked
By:
politicspunter
When: 14 Sep 20 14:50
Rory is a class act. Look at the current shambles of Cummings, Boris, Truss, Gove, Williamson. That isn't a fit government to be in charge of our country.
By:
politicspunter
When: 14 Sep 20 14:52
Ah, I missed out other diddy politicians like Patel and Hancock. It's the worst Conservative cabinet I can ever recall, by a mile.Sad
By:
politicspunter
When: 14 Sep 20 14:55
We could have had folks like Jeremy Hunt, Rory, Rishi (one of the few decent ones), Penny Mordaunt etc. What has happened that we have allowed a shambolic shower as it currently is to be in "charge"?
By:
edy
When: 14 Sep 20 14:55
Geoffrey Cox QC MP
@Geoffrey_Cox
·
Jun 23, 2016
Tomorrow you can make the Westminster and Brussels elites sit up and take notice of the power of democracy. Change the World. #VoteLeave

What a Remoaniac!
By:
Foinavon
When: 14 Sep 20 15:11
There is Brexit and there is Brino, edy. He was involved in the drafting of May's devious Brino agreement so showed his hand. Politicians say what they think will help their careers or personal interests at the time, you can't believe a word of it.
By:
edy
When: 14 Sep 20 15:12
You sayin' Boris is a liberal EU fan at heart?
By:
edy
When: 14 Sep 20 15:13
Ok, silly question. We know he is.
By:
Foinavon
When: 14 Sep 20 15:16
Boris got to where he wanted to be, probably not enjoying it though. Look at the shenanigans with Gove who also had ambitions of the top job and probably still has. They all lie through their teeth. If you haven't understood that you are one of the sheeple.
By:
edy
When: 14 Sep 20 15:19
I understand that, don't worry. Male politicians always be backstabbin' and scheming in their lust for power so they can attract more potential mating partners.
By:
Foinavon
When: 14 Sep 20 15:21
Boris took his time to decide which side he would back, even wrote two speeches for and against.
It shows the mindset. He can't back down now, come what may and I will support him until this is done.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 14 Sep 20 16:43
Boris tried to take over after cameron

Mentioned soft brexit and was stabbed in back by gove

Funny how the brextremists forget about traitor johnson
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies: