Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
cooperman
18 Aug 20 08:37
| Topic/replies: 12,899 | Blogger: cooperman's blog
Fox News declined to air the first hour of the Democratic National Convention in its entirety Monday night, opting instead for Sean Hannity interviewing Donald Trump Jr. The network’s commentators talked over much of the second hour. But when it came to former first lady Michelle Obama’s address, they couldn’t come up with a single criticism.

“It’s very difficult to try to connect with an audience without an actual audience there with you, but she has the ability to connect with people through the screen,” began Dana Perino, former press secretary for George W. Bush. “When you talk about authenticity, she has it in spades. She has that voice, she has clarity, and she knows what she is out there wanting to do. She was trying to get everybody to really focus and then she had a call to action: Ask for your ballot tonight. I think that the DNC, if they look over the course of the night, the first virtual convention of our history, they would say that Michelle Obama stuck the landing.”

“I agree with Dana,” Chris Wallace said next. “Michelle Obama, as she said, doesn’t like politics and she said that this speech was her main contribution to the Biden campaign. It was a heck of a contribution. She really flayed, sliced and diced Donald Trump, talking about the chaos and confusion and lack of empathy, especially coming from this president and from this White House.”

“This was a very effective speech,” he added.

According to Juan Williams, Michelle Obama “outperformed” her famous “when they go low, we go high” speech from the 2016 convention. “I heard it like a son,” he said. “I thought she spoke like a mother, like a stern mother, like a tiger mom saying to you, this is important. This is something that is important to our family. This is who we are in this family. This is our identity. We have empathy. We understand compassion.”

“I am surprised at how penetrating I felt it to be,” Williams continued. “I really thought there was a great speech.”
Pause Switch to Standard View Michael Obama
Show More
Report Get me a drink August 18, 2020 9:46 AM BST
It wouldn't happen to have quasi sentimental b@ollocks in it would it?
Report lfc1971 August 18, 2020 9:51 AM BST
What is she angry about now ?
Report flushgordon1 August 18, 2020 10:01 AM BST
Caught her boaby in her zip.
Report politicspunter August 18, 2020 10:19 AM BST

Aug 18, 2020 -- 3:37AM, cooperman wrote:

Fox News declined to air the first hour of the Democratic National Convention in its entirety Monday night, opting instead for Sean Hannity interviewing Donald Trump Jr. The network’s commentators talked over much of the second hour. But when it came to former first lady Michelle Obama’s address, they couldn’t come up with a single criticism. “It’s very difficult to try to connect with an audience without an actual audience there with you, but she has the ability to connect with people through the screen,” began Dana Perino, former press secretary for George W. Bush. “When you talk about authenticity, she has it in spades. She has that voice, she has clarity, and she knows what she is out there wanting to do. She was trying to get everybody to really focus and then she had a call to action: Ask for your ballot tonight. I think that the DNC, if they look over the course of the night, the first virtual convention of our history, they would say that Michelle Obama stuck the landing.”“I agree with Dana,” Chris Wallace said next. “Michelle Obama, as she said, doesn’t like politics and she said that this speech was her main contribution to the Biden campaign. It was a heck of a contribution. She really flayed, sliced and diced Donald Trump, talking about the chaos and confusion and lack of empathy, especially coming from this president and from this White House.” “This was a very effective speech,” he added.According to Juan Williams, Michelle Obama “outperformed” her famous “when they go low, we go high” speech from the 2016 convention. “I heard it like a son,” he said. “I thought she spoke like a mother, like a stern mother, like a tiger mom saying to you, this is important. This is something that is important to our family. This is who we are in this family. This is our identity. We have empathy. We understand compassion.”“I am surprised at how penetrating I felt it to be,” Williams continued. “I really thought there was a great speech.”

Impressive, thoughtful, sympathetic, honest.

Report Facts August 18, 2020 10:45 AM BST

lfc1971 18 Aug 20 09:51 
What is she angry about now
?

What the world should be angry about. That Trump as POTUS has been the biggest disaster for this planet.
Completely out of his depth. The same as Johnson in this country.
Both utterly incompetent.
Report cooperman August 18, 2020 10:59 AM BST
Facts raises some good points and similarities are obvious in the incompetent people with which they surround themselves.
Report lfc1971 August 18, 2020 11:03 AM BST
America is not some small insignificant country , it is big .
Many different people and cultures ,it is difficult , Life comes at you fast
and heroes often fail
Report lord skywalker August 18, 2020 11:09 AM BST
it does beggar the question who voted for trump in the last election
Report lfc1971 August 18, 2020 11:12 AM BST
People
Report lord skywalker August 18, 2020 11:17 AM BST
no need for a stupid comment like that, whats the point
Report lfc1971 August 18, 2020 11:20 AM BST
Well that’s how the system works in America and the U.K.
respect how people vote , they may not like how you vote
Report lfc1971 August 18, 2020 11:24 AM BST
I would have voted for Trump
Report lord skywalker August 18, 2020 11:25 AM BST
says it all really but you were expecting that answer wernt you
Report lfc1971 August 18, 2020 11:26 AM BST
If I was lucky enough to live in America
Report lfc1971 August 18, 2020 11:29 AM BST
Is there some other dreamy country I would prefer ?

No , America first .
Report InsiderTrader August 18, 2020 12:02 PM BST
She had nothing positive to say about what Biden and Harris will do for America.

She just had negative bile to say about Donald J Trump that has done more for black people in America than any President for over 100 years.
Report dave1357 August 18, 2020 12:42 PM BST
have you got one original thought in your head, insider trader?  You just parrot right wing talking points, night and day.
Report PorcupineorPineapple August 18, 2020 1:14 PM BST
IT still - still! - seems to be amazed that this election isn't about Biden but is essentially a referendum on whether the yanks want Trump for another 4 years. Amazing.
Report politicspunter August 18, 2020 1:20 PM BST
Any Democrat candidate is virtually irrelevant.
Report InsiderTrader August 18, 2020 2:20 PM BST
The left wingers on here have bought into the referendum on Trump thing.

Negative campaigns do not win Referendums. Did not win for vote remain etc.

But it not inspiration and it will not get the voters out if they have nothing positive to say about their candidates.

Biden/Harris need to offer more than they are not Trump. They are planning on spending trillions on Green policies and rebooting policing and many other things. They should consider stating their vision rather than negative campaigning.

Like them or hate them Bill Clinton, Donald Trump and Barack Obama got their voters out who believe in what they have to offer.
Report politicspunter August 18, 2020 2:26 PM BST
In opinion poll after opinion poll the same question gets asked."are you voting for Biden or are you voting against Trump". The second option wins clearly every single time.
Report Pleasegivemeanailedontip August 18, 2020 3:31 PM BST
Kanye West wins then
Report politicspunter August 18, 2020 3:44 PM BST
Ah yes, Kanye. There is some mad stuff going on just now, organised by the Republicans, trying to get him on ballots in multiple states. Some things that have come to light so far are insufficient signatures, applications not lodged in time, clearly forged signatures etc. I fail to see what would be the point of getting him on ballots in places like Arkansas and Oklahoma, states where a pig with a Republican rosette would always win.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com