Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
akabula
05 Aug 20 20:57
| Topic/replies: 45,236 | Blogger: akabula's blog
Computer programmed to bring results as given by teachers into line with expectations.
Resulted in 120,000 being downgraded. "To retain credibility" said Sturgeon.
Problem is that poor areas suffered more than rich areas.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 151
By:
akabula
When: 05 Aug 20 20:59
Kids on tv distraught wiuth the worst examples being a pupils downgraded from As to a failures.
By:
akabula
When: 05 Aug 20 21:03
Twitter full of kids and their parents telling how it has affected them.
Kids dreams shattered and being defended not only by the SNP but their gardening wing otherwise known as the Greens.
By:
flushgordon1
When: 05 Aug 20 21:08
Snp cabinet meeting.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cTsvLjAzozE
By:
darren_discombobulates_sports
When: 05 Aug 20 21:18
Can they not sue ?
By:
akabula
When: 05 Aug 20 21:27
One tweeter saying that some schools make the prelims harder than the actual exam as a wake-up call.
He then added that the complete lack of standardisation had come home to roost.
John Mason said this justified downgrading results.
Obviously logic not one of Johns strong points.
By:
dave1357
When: 05 Aug 20 22:38
The fact is that these results are normally distributed and the "estimated" results had grades that were too high.  The actual results every year can be adjusted if the grades are too high.

Individuals can appeal and many will do so.
By:
feedthepony
When: 05 Aug 20 23:01
Swinney should have walked after the 'blended learning for a whole year' disgrace.  I'd say he can't survive this but he will.

He's the 2nd best they have - once Stalin is removed they have nothing
By:
akabula
When: 05 Aug 20 23:04
Nobody disputing that but this 'model' used is flawed.
Poor areas downgraded twice as much as the rest.
Even long time SNP supporters/activists calling for her to go and take Swinney with her.
By:
lfc1971
When: 05 Aug 20 23:31
Can someone teach the young Scottish folk to brick lay and rebuild Hadrians wall
By:
lfc1971
When: 05 Aug 20 23:44
Scotland used to excel in maths and science , now every year there are complaints under the SNP misrule !
By:
lfc1971
When: 05 Aug 20 23:47
Take maths and science away from the Scots and there’s very little left
By:
Escapee
When: 06 Aug 20 15:32
Quite a lot of strong anti SNP sentiment on here

"SNP disaster"
"SNP misrule!"

I'm a Londoner, don't really know what's going on in Scotland.
But from down here she & the SNP "look" like she's doing a better and fairer Job of it than the Tories who have been
running Westminster for a decade+
(SNP = Free higher education, Free prescriptions, Better overall access to healthcare in Scotland compared to England)

What are these 'Disasters' you refer to ? and how do they compare to say Failure to quarantine UK Airports disaster,
or Brexit Planning disaster, or Trade Deal Negotiations disaster.

What is this 'Misrule!' you refer to and how does it compare to say "The illegal proroging of parliament misrule"

As I said, I'm a dumb Londoner, dunno what these SNP disasters and misrules are.
I'm wondering if you're just making it up because it suits your views or is it real?

Please shed some detail on your assertions.

Thankyou in advance.
By:
nineteen points
When: 06 Aug 20 15:49
i was in edinburgh last year and was surprised at how many folk i spoke to were very much against mrs sturgeon.never knew she was as badly liked.
By:
politicspunter
When: 06 Aug 20 15:51

Aug 6, 2020 -- 9:49AM, nineteen points wrote:

i was in edinburgh last year and was surprised at how many folk i spoke to were very much against mrs sturgeon.never knew she was as badly liked.

The opinion polls/leader approval ratings suggest exactly the opposite.

By:
lfc1971
When: 06 Aug 20 15:56
Escapee Scotland has the highest excess death rate under the management of the SNP
I would call that misrule
( plus they refused to respect the democratic referendum on EU membership , Stugeon should be on trial and sentenced for that alone , misrule
By:
politicspunter
When: 06 Aug 20 15:58

Aug 6, 2020 -- 9:32AM, Escapee wrote:

Quite a lot of strong anti SNP sentiment on here"SNP disaster""SNP misrule!"I'm a Londoner, don't really know what's going on in Scotland.But from down here she & the SNP "look" like she's doing a better and fairer Job of it than the Tories who have beenrunning Westminster for a decade+(SNP = Free higher education, Free prescriptions, Better overall access to healthcare in Scotland compared to England)What are these 'Disasters' you refer to ? and how do they compare to say Failure to quarantine UK Airports disaster, or Brexit Planning disaster, or Trade Deal Negotiations disaster. What is this 'Misrule!' you refer to and how does it compare to say "The illegal proroging of parliament misrule"As I said, I'm a dumb Londoner, dunno what these SNP disasters and misrules are.I'm wondering if you're just making it up because it suits your views or is it real?Please shed some detail on your assertions.Thankyou in advance.

I am sure you will get one or two good laughs to replies to that one Grin

By:
nineteen points
When: 06 Aug 20 16:01
so am i wrong then pp? is there no one in edinburgh doesnt like her?
By:
lfc1971
When: 06 Aug 20 16:04
There are more Scots in England than Scotland
That’s all you need to know
By:
politicspunter
When: 06 Aug 20 16:05

Aug 6, 2020 -- 10:01AM, nineteen points wrote:

so am i wrong then pp? is there no one in edinburgh doesnt like her?

I am sure there are. However, asking a few random folks in Edinburgh how they feel about the First Minister isn't comparable to national opinion polls conducted by professional companies. Besides, the Holyrood and Westminster voting records for the SNP are truly incredible.

By:
Dotchinite
When: 06 Aug 20 16:10
I agree with PP. Its truly incredible that so many people can vote for a party led by Sturgeon although having Corbyn or Johnson as alternatives could explain that.
By:
lfc1971
When: 06 Aug 20 16:13
Long live the United Kingdom.
By:
lfc1971
When: 06 Aug 20 16:17
Thank godness the unionists are the majority in Scotland
By:
Cider
When: 06 Aug 20 16:19
Tory popular vote 2019 England 47.2%
SNP popular vote 2019 Scotland 45.0%

If the SNP result is truly incredible, the Tory one must be stratospheric!
By:
Escapee
When: 06 Aug 20 16:21
"There are more Scots in England than Scotland
That’s all you need to know"

That's a bit like saying "Jimmy Saville does a lot of work for charity, That's all you need to know"

Or "Jesus died on the cross for your sins, that's all you need to know"

My experience has been that when someone says "That's all you need to know", they are trying to avoid facts
which disagree with their opinion.

I'm going to guess this is another same old, same old..... Don't look at all those facts, look at only this one.
By:
politicspunter
When: 06 Aug 20 16:22

Aug 6, 2020 -- 10:19AM, Cider wrote:

Tory popular vote 2019 England 47.2% SNP popular vote 2019 Scotland 45.0%If the SNP result is truly incredible, the Tory one must be stratospheric!

What was the tory vote in Scotland?

By:
politicspunter
When: 06 Aug 20 16:24
Unless of course you think the SNP stand for election outside of Scotland?Laugh
By:
Cider
When: 06 Aug 20 16:29
That's not relevant, if you're quantifying the SNP result as 'truly incredible'. Tories have a stronger vote in England than the SNP vote in Scotland. Maybe you got away with spouting this type of propaganda before I regularly posted on Politics.
By:
politicspunter
When: 06 Aug 20 16:31
Lol, you are comparing the vote of a party (tory in England) to a party (SNP) that don't even stand for election in that country?
By:
Cider
When: 06 Aug 20 16:34
Yes that's right, the comparison is the leading party in their respective domestic country. Most people would be surprised to see that Tories were more popular in England than the SNP in Scotland, reading your propaganda.

You wouldn't quantify the Tory result in England as truly incredible in a million years. Propaganda.
By:
politicspunter
When: 06 Aug 20 16:37
Lol, All normal sensible unbiased folks would compare the votes of two parties in a country where they both stand for election, which in this case is Scotland. Btw, the Democrats got more votes than the tories in the 2016 USA electionsGrin
By:
Cider
When: 06 Aug 20 16:41
You referenced opinion polls which usually try to estimate the popular vote. Tory performance in England is a very fair comparison to SNP performance in Scotland. Nobody would claim the Tories are popular in Scotland, or that they can challenge SNP for the popular vote.
By:
politicspunter
When: 06 Aug 20 16:43
Opinion polls in Scotland Grin
By:
Cider
When: 06 Aug 20 16:46
Exactly, so the equivalent is opinion polls in England only. The propaganda is that Scotland hoovers up the popular vote in Scotland, until you realise that Tories hoover up an even bigger share of the vote in England.
By:
Cider
When: 06 Aug 20 16:48
SNP even Laugh
By:
politicspunter
When: 06 Aug 20 16:48
Dearie me, why don't you start a thread about tory voting intention in England because quite frankly you are humiliating yourself as usualGrin
By:
Cider
When: 06 Aug 20 16:52
Standard deflection tactic. Tories were more popular in England than the SNP was in Scotland. Doesn't suit your narrative, or the 'truly incredible' claim. Facts can be a little inconvenient can't they.
By:
flushgordon1
When: 06 Aug 20 16:52
Polly is a nippy groupie .
By:
Dotchinite
When: 06 Aug 20 16:53
I wonder how long Sturgeons popularity would last if they win Independence. It would look a disastrous move in the present climate.
By:
politicspunter
When: 06 Aug 20 16:55

Aug 6, 2020 -- 10:52AM, Cider wrote:

Standard deflection tactic. Tories were more popular in England than the SNP was in Scotland. Doesn't suit your narrative, or the 'truly incredible' claim. Facts can be a little inconvenient can't they.

Lol, Deflection? The thread is about the SNP but all you wish to talk about is the tory vote in England?

Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com