Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 163 comments are related to the topic:
OPENING GYMS BORIS

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 163
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 16:45
The death rate or hospital admissions rates have not changed in England due to shops opening, infections have actually risen since the face mask policy was implemented. Infamously the science on face mask effectiveness is incredibly weak. I believe Scotland allowed meeting other households in June, a few weeks later than England. Her policy was let England try it out first and then roll it out with a small variation if it goes well. Easy if you're not picking up the tab, and gain political capital out of deepening economic outcomes.
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 16:47
Cider, don't bet on politics. You are far too biased to win consistently.
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 16:52
haha I've made my money on specials usually but moved to politics for the last few elections, pretty lucrative too. It helped knowing Corbyn was going to get spanked, even during the so called youthquake Laugh
By:
Charlie
When: 01 Aug 20 16:53
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2247462-scotland-could-eliminate-the-coronavirus-if-it-werent-for-england/

Scotland could eliminate the coronavirus – if it weren't for England

Then the paths taken by Scotland and England began to diverge. Two days after the national lockdown began, Scotland’s first minister Nicola Sturgeon created a scientific advisory group for Scotland to supplement the advice from the UK-wide Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies. “That’s probably when you started seeing more divergence,” says Sridhar.

“We’ve stuck to our principles of old-fashioned, traditional, evidence-based contact tracing”
Scotland has been slower to relax lockdown than England and has done so in a step-by-step way, so that each change’s effects can be measured. This differs from England’s rapid relaxation, says Sridhar.

Scotland has also been more successful at building up testing and contact tracing, without banking on the UK government’s much-delayed app. “We’ve stuck to our principles of old-fashioned, traditional, evidence-based contact tracing,” says Mark.

Two other factors have contributed to Scotland’s relative success, says Sridhar. The first is clear messaging. On 10 May, the UK government changed its “stay at home” slogan to “stay alert”, but Scotland stuck to the original line. It has since switched to “stay safe”.

What’s more, “there is a very high level of trust in the Scottish government and in Nicola Sturgeon’s leadership”, says Sridhar. According to YouGov, as of 1 May, 74 per cent of Scottish people approved of their government’s handling of the pandemic and 71 per cent were confident in Nicola Sturgeon’s decisions. In contrast, a June poll found that 50 per cent of British people disapproved of Johnson and only 43 per cent approved of him.

By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 16:53
Talk of bias and someone quotes the new scientist LaughLaugh
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 16:56
And they quote polls, you couldn't make it up LaughLaugh
By:
Charlie
When: 01 Aug 20 16:56
I look forward to seeing your article in New Scientist telling them they are wrong.
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 16:58
Have you seen me quote from right wing biased sources (there aren't many tbf)? I only quote from largely independent sources like the ONS.
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 16:58

Aug 1, 2020 -- 4:52PM, Cider wrote:

haha I've made my money on specials usually but moved to politics for the last few elections, pretty lucrative too. It helped knowing Corbyn was going to get spanked, even during the so called youthquake

One of my best ever events was the 2017 General election when Corbyn did rather well. Then again, I am not biased.

By:
Charlie
When: 01 Aug 20 16:59
Cider • August 1, 2020 4:26 PM BST
If Scotland has made policy decisions that have led to a materially better outcome in regard to the pandemic, state explicitly what they are. It's really not that difficult, request number 7.

My first request: what is wrong with what NS said?
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 17:02
Devi Sridhar is a raging lefty. That's like quoting Farage explaining why Brexit is a good idea.
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 17:04
Cider, calm down. We are not all as biased as yourself.
By:
Charlie
When: 01 Aug 20 17:05
My second request: what is wrong with what NS said?
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 17:06

Aug 1, 2020 -- 5:05PM, Charlie wrote:

My second request: what is wrong with what NS said?

No idea, tell us all.

By:
Charlie
When: 01 Aug 20 17:07
That was directed at Cider.
By:
Cider
In 2020, Sridhar advised the Scottish government on how to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic.
By:
Cider
lol
By:
Charlie
When: 01 Aug 20 17:08
My third request to Cider: what is wrong with what NS said?
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 17:08
Frankly, she is impressive, eloquent, calm , confident. An inspiring leader.
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 17:11

Aug 1, 2020 -- 5:08PM, Charlie wrote:

My third request to Cider: what is wrong with what NS said?

Are you an idiot? She was advising the scottish government. What do you think she's going to say. 'We waited to see if it went wrong in England, and when it didn't we rolled out the policy a few weeks later, not exactly the same though so it didn't look like we were copying and we still got paid'

By:
Charlie
When: 01 Aug 20 17:11
My fourth request to Cider: what is wrong with what NS said?
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 17:13
I'm not going to reply any further, are you feeling a little hurt for your chum politicspunter and copying me from upthread lol
By:
Charlie
When: 01 Aug 20 17:14
My fifth request to Cider: what is wrong with what NS said?
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 17:16

Aug 1, 2020 -- 5:13PM, Cider wrote:

I'm not going to reply any further, are you feeling a little hurt for your chum politicspunter and copying me from upthread lol

He is probably feeling sorry for you.

By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 17:18
It's the sincerest form of flattery, apparently.
By:
Charlie
When: 01 Aug 20 17:19
My sixth request to Cider: what is wrong with what NS said?
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 17:24
Charlie, he has run away with his tail between his legs. He has been humiliated enough for today by the looks of it.
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 17:27
As if, I thought you had gone off to your Sturgeon shrine for a prayer or two.
By:
Charlie
When: 01 Aug 20 17:28
My seventh request to Cider: what is wrong with what NS said?
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 17:29
Every day you appear on here Cider, you are showing how biased you are. You are wasting your time betting on politics as you are going to lose all your money.
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 17:31
You've already said that. Don't go all sleepy joe on us.
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 17:34
You are showing your bias again.
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 17:45
I don't believe I've ever claimed not to have political bias in my personal views. That doesn't mean I can't analyse data independently though, or criticise my own 'side' when it's warranted, or indeed defend people from opposing sides. That's a bit different to the Boris Derangement Syndrome and Nicola worshiping exhibited by many on here, yourself included.
By:
Charlie
When: 01 Aug 20 17:46
So let's get this right.

Cider • August 1, 2020 4:26 PM BST
If Scotland has made policy decisions that have led to a materially better outcome in regard to the pandemic, state explicitly what they are. It's really not that difficult, request number 7.

I post an article from New Scientist saying just that.

Cider • August 1, 2020 4:53 PM BST
Talk of bias and someone quotes the new scientist

New Scientist is the world's most popular science and technology magazine and has been going since 1956. There is no evidence of any bias but Cider knows best:

Cider • August 1, 2020 4:58 PM BST
Have you seen me quote from right wing biased sources (there aren't many tbf)?

He then goes onto attack one of the people quoted in New Scientist
Cider • August 1, 2020 5:02 PM BST
Devi Sridhar is a raging lefty. That's like quoting Farage explaining why Brexit is a good idea.

Devi Sridhar is a Professor and Chair of Global Public Health at the University of Edinburgh

So on the one hand we have NS being a right wing biased source and Devi being a raging lefty. Why a so called right wing magazine would publish anything from a so called raging lefty is deserving of comment from Cider.

My eighth request to Cider: what is wrong with what NS said?
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 17:46
Give it up, you are so biased you are wasting your time on a politics betting forum.
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 17:50
haha there you go again. I don't need your permission to post on a forum, or you to decide whether it's worth my time. If you're trying to influence me into not posting, you're going to be disappointed.
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 17:52
Post all you want, I am simply telling you not to bet on politics, save your money.
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 17:55
Pretty sure you referred to me posting on the forum. I'll continue to do that, and making money out of politics when there are suitable markets.
By:
Charlie
When: 01 Aug 20 18:07
Cider, surely you're not going to wimp out and not answer my questions.
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 18:21

Aug 1, 2020 -- 5:55PM, Cider wrote:

Pretty sure you referred to me posting on the forum. I'll continue to do that, and making money out of politics when there are suitable markets.

You won't make any money, you are too biased.

Page 4 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com