Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 163 comments are related to the topic:
OPENING GYMS BORIS

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 163
By:
Charlie
When: 30 Jul 20 19:34
Just don't come back.
By:
Cider
When: 30 Jul 20 19:38
Viability is determined by the medical experts employed by the civil service.

Someone who left the country to join IS won an appeal to be allowed back, so I doubt your policy would stand up in the courts.
By:
Charlie
When: 30 Jul 20 19:46

Jul 30, 2020 -- 7:38PM, Cider wrote:

Viability is determined by the medical experts employed by the civil service.Someone who left the country to join IS won an appeal to be allowed back, so I doubt your policy would stand up in the courts.

So you, personally, have no idea of viability but you do want people to be given the option to use their own judgement.

You asked and I answered.

By:
Charlie
When: 30 Jul 20 19:47
Bye
By:
Cider
When: 30 Jul 20 19:55
That makes no sense. Just an example would be attending live sport. They are doing trial runs now to test viability. If the trial runs are successful, live sport will be rolled out for fans. The fans then exercise their own judgement, if they want to go or stay at home. The authorities set the rules an the individual takes the decision.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 30 Jul 20 20:10
more not thought out bollox

boy 16 leaves the school, jumps on tube with loads of kids from other schools and general public, hops off a couple of stops later, goes into gym which will not be overstaffed, uses a variety of machines with other general public, comes out jumps on bus with folk coming from work, shopping etc, goes home to grandas has dinner before walking back to mums who has been at work down the local pub for extra pennies because her day job on zero hours in retail doesnt pay enough...

What can go wrong if that gym is a hotbed of covid...unmitigated disaster
By:
nineteen points
When: 30 Jul 20 20:21
well if he wears one of these new chin masks he will be fine.
By:
politicspunter
When: 30 Jul 20 20:24
It's not him we are worrying about.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 31 Jul 20 13:42
At least the snooker fans can go the gym now instead...........
By:
lapsy pa
When: 01 Aug 20 10:14
@ Cider,the multiplying of daily tested positive new cases and the "hidden" number of daily new infections look to have been by approx 500% all along according to ONS figures this morning.
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 14:15
All modelling and guesswork innit. Nothing wrong with that, but should be presented and reported as so. I've dug out the actual data, confirmed cases and sample size:

17 May - 51 - 16236 0.31
31 May - 32 - 20390 0.16
14 Jun - 13 - 25519 0.05
28 Jun - 18 - 23767 0.08
12 Jul - 19 - 31542 0.06
26 Jul - 24 - 28325 0.08

So yes a small increase, there will be random variation. One can see why they've got a little itchy but as I've mentioned a few times, the healthcare is the most important measure while infection rates are low. Whilst at the same time, trying to ensure infection rates don't blow up so this data is still very useful.
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 14:54
Apparently Scotland has 260 people in hospital with corona. 2 on a ventilator. 16 admissions in the whole of July Confused

So nearly 260 people have been in hospital with corona for over a month but not even on ventilation Confused

England has 807. 71 on a ventilator.

Pretty odd figures.
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 14:57
Scotland doing a fantastic job.
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 15:01
Do you not think those figures are more than a little bizarre. More than 200 people in hospital with the virus for over a month, no deaths and not even needing a ventilator Confused

Or do you simply wish to stick to the marxist bias.
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 15:03
??
By:
lapsy pa
When: 01 Aug 20 15:15
4 people in ICU and 2 on wards in ROI (2 days ago).

I know you can be months in hospital but agree it looks odd as Scotlands cases have been low and 30 yesterday was an 8 week high.
Irelands cases were roughly similar but the hospitalisations are way out.
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 15:28
Yes outliers are possible but those are not outliers. People don't spend over a month in hospital unless they are very ill, so the question would be why they aren't needing ventilation. fwiw a week ago the data is 287.
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 15:30

Aug 1, 2020 -- 3:15PM, lapsy pa wrote:

4 people in ICU and 2 on wards in ROI (2 days ago).I know you can be months in hospital but agree it looks odd as Scotlands cases have been low and 30 yesterday was an 8 week high. Irelands cases were roughly similar but the hospitalisations are way out.

Those are excellent figures for ROI also lapsy, well done over there.

By:
lapsy pa
When: 01 Aug 20 15:39
I'm delighted,there was a cluster at a pet food factory which was a lot of cases this week but touch wood they can miss this rising cases phase overall.
Schools,pubs etc all in line to go ahead as things stand,the economy can limp on as the "fear" it isn't prevalent in the community isn't there.
Of course Ireland is "easier" than the UK to manage but touch wood some semblance of normality can continue.
Following the New Zealand tactics and think Nicola doing same,she is looking for a loan of our app i believe,she is very welcome.
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 15:45
I think they are still really concerned up there that it could break out and run amok again, especially with their schools all going back next week. They have had a few clusters that at the moment they seem to have a grip of but ultra cautious seems to have been the First Ministers policy throughout.
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 15:50
Following the same policy direction as Westminster lol. I've asked you several times what has Scotland done that is materially different, you just dodge the question. But continue to heap praise on Scotland if it brings you comfort.
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 15:51
I just look at the figures, they seem to have done very well, as has ROI.
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 15:53
Ans=d that ought to teach you that circumstance is the biggest determinant of the impact, things that can't be changed by political policy. Policy just plays around the edges.
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 16:00
Scottish Approval Ratings:

Nicola Sturgeon:
Approve: 66%
Disapprove: 30%
NET: +36%

Keir Starmer:
Approve: 38%
Disapprove: 37%
NET: +1%

Boris Johnson:
Approve: 22%
Disapprove: 73%
NET: -51%

Via @YouGov, 28-30 Jul.

The Scottish people obviously think their First Minister has done far better than the Prime Minister.
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 16:04
what have approval ratings on a poll got to do with anything. you're unable to state what Scotland has done materially differently.
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 16:06
I just look at the Scottish figures. I think they are the best folks to decide.
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 16:07
I just looks at facts.
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 16:09
https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1266382178474176513

Well, the facts are that folks throughout the UK feel the same as the Scottish people regarding who has handled the pandemic better.
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 16:13
That's a poll dude, I'd have thought you'd be familiar with them by now.
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 16:15
I am, top company YouGov.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 01 Aug 20 16:16
The very last thing you want is to have to put people on ventilators, fact is doctors have retreated from that at near all cost.

It amazes me what conclusions people unqualified to do so can draw from figures, and at the same time laughable though it is, insist that they are making correct assumptions.

And then make weak attempts to portray others as knowall's............Laugh
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 16:17

Aug 1, 2020 -- 4:15PM, politicspunter wrote:

I am, top company YouGov.

They might be able to assist you with what material differences Scotland has had in relation to the epidemic. It seems you definitely need the help.

By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 16:19
No help required, they are a top company who have made me a great deal of money over many years.
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 16:21
Feel free to quote the material differences then. It's not a challenging request, but this must be the fifth or sixth time of asking.
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 16:22
As I am not Scottish and I obviously didn't take part in the YouGov poll, I would assume that the First Ministers ultra cautious approach would be part of it.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 01 Aug 20 16:23
well they absolutely did not follow Boris recommendations for a start.
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 16:26
She's getting her policy decisions off YouGov. That must be it Laugh

Have another go.

If Scotland has made policy decisions that have led to a materially better outcome in regard to the pandemic, state explicitly what they are. It's really not that difficult, request number 7.
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 16:27
I have just told you.
By:
Cider
When: 01 Aug 20 16:29
Do I need to educate you what explicit means, newsflash the nebulous 'ultra cautious approach' don't count. You need to explain how that was manifested in policy.
By:
politicspunter
When: 01 Aug 20 16:31
Surely that is obvious ? The Scottish Government were more cautious in opening shops,shopping centres, meeting people, wearing face masks in shops, going to islands if not a resident etc.
Page 3 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com