Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 163 comments are related to the topic:
OPENING GYMS BORIS

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 163
By:
peckerdunne
When: 27 Jul 20 19:17
Not confined space, says man who knows fcuk all about gyms clearly...........
By:
layingisthewayforward
When: 27 Jul 20 19:19
Keep your distance and wipe machines down before using them. Simples.
By:
Cider
When: 27 Jul 20 19:21
A confined space is a place which is substantially enclosed (though not always entirely), and where serious injury can occur from hazardous substances or conditions within the space or nearby (e.g. lack of oxygen).

.https://www.hse.gov.uk/confinedspace/
By:
peckerdunne
When: 27 Jul 20 19:41
In the middle of London at 100 quid PM you can not get in to the gym at busy times, inside people are quing beside you for the use of the treadmill or resistance machines and if you think the changing rooms and shower areas are are not confined spaces then you are just full of shitt my friend.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 27 Jul 20 19:42
No chance of serious injury in a gym..................Laugh what a clown
By:
lapsy pa
When: 27 Jul 20 20:09
Why the rush with opening them? They(Gyms) are the 3 "C"s the Japanese are so against.
I have never seen so many push bikes and people out walking in the fresh air,shouldn't that be more encouraged? Ok i know most won't have the equipment but...
Is it just to get people in towns?
As the timing coincides with a phoney goverment war on fat is it that? Hardly,we all know the people with least money buy the wrong food through little choice,why knock vat off promoting "bad" food if against fat,that goes with getting people in towns though.
Why is it mandatory to wear a mask in a similar building like a supermarket but not a gym? (masks and exercise not compatible ha before someone says it)

Lots of double standards going on methinks.
By:
Cider
When: 27 Jul 20 20:40
People don't sweat up in cinemas or restaurants.That has no bearing whatsoever.

You cant CATCH THE VIRUS FROM SWEAT......... Well thats us told, no one said you could.

Not confined space, says man who knows fcuk all about gyms clearly...........

if you think the changing rooms and shower areas are are not confined spaces then you are just full of shitt my friend.

More briefs than Calvin Klein. Thanks Bojo Laugh
By:
Cider
When: 27 Jul 20 20:54
For making people like you so bitter.
By:
politicspunter
When: 27 Jul 20 21:00
I am not bitter, I am ashamed. Ashamed that as an island on the other side of the World from the source of the pandemic, we have the most deaths in Europe and the third most deaths in the World.
By:
Cider
When: 27 Jul 20 21:05
It's very odd that your hero Nicola Sturgeon has overseen a high death toll in a rural country, which didn't have 4 million people abroad at the time. You're happy to call Boris a killer but seemingly happy to heap praise on Nicola.

Is Nicola a killer iyo?
By:
Dotchinite
When: 27 Jul 20 21:08
We may have 3rd highest figures at present but who knows how accurately others have measured. We do know that PHE have over counted though and we also know that this is by no means over so no real point in rushing to judgement is there.
By:
politicspunter
When: 27 Jul 20 21:10
Last time I looked Boris Johnson is the UK Prime Minister, the UK that has the third most deaths in the World. If you think Scotland is rural, you should try visiting Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee, Stirling, Perth, Paisley etc...
By:
Cider
When: 27 Jul 20 21:11
Try answering the explicit question.
By:
politicspunter
When: 27 Jul 20 21:12
What question?
By:
Cider
When: 27 Jul 20 21:13
Is Nicola a killer iyo?
By:
politicspunter
When: 27 Jul 20 21:13
No.
By:
Cider
When: 27 Jul 20 21:17
So clearly you're simply suffering from Boris derangement syndrome, there's literally no value in attempting to discuss anything political with you. At least it will reduce my future post count Grin
By:
politicspunter
When: 27 Jul 20 21:24
No problem if it's anything to do with Political betting, after all that is why we are all here.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 30 Jul 20 17:41
A gym in San Diego California has been confirmed as an "outbreak hotspot",at least 3 cases have been linked to the gym.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 30 Jul 20 17:43
Tis closed now.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 30 Jul 20 17:47
Can you post a link from a reputable scientific database..........
By:
lapsy pa
When: 30 Jul 20 17:52
It is on the bbc news website,i only put it on here because it seems as if a load of the lads here were thinking of going gyming to go on a get fit regime.Wink
By:
peckerdunne
When: 30 Jul 20 17:53
Grin
By:
nineteen points
When: 30 Jul 20 17:58
get on your bike man! its the future,everybodies doing it.
By:
Cider
When: 30 Jul 20 18:09
San Diego's a bit of a trek tbf.
By:
Charlie
When: 30 Jul 20 18:20

Jul 30, 2020 -- 6:09PM, Cider wrote:

San Diego's a bit of a trek tbf.

Thank god that covid knows that and will only infect US gyms.

By:
Cider
When: 30 Jul 20 18:29
There's an outside chance those three cases won't affect England.
By:
Charlie
When: 30 Jul 20 18:37
No but there's a higher chance that opening gyms in the UK will affect England.
By:
Cider
When: 30 Jul 20 18:47
I don't believe anyone thinks it is risk free. I presume you're eating, the people enabling you to get food to your house are taking risks. I presume you have energy running into your residence, the people ensuring that is working smoothly are taking risks. Believe it or not, we can't all hibernate indefinitely.
By:
Charlie
When: 30 Jul 20 18:49
Necessities are just that.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 30 Jul 20 18:55
Fcuking cherry picking Tories in denial, still cant tell apples from bears.

Thats a lot of fruit cider...........
By:
Cider
When: 30 Jul 20 18:57

Jul 30, 2020 -- 6:49PM, Charlie wrote:

Necessities are just that.

Yes and it's a big industry which employs people, their livelihoods you know. Plenty of people use gyms and wanted them to open again. Risk is mitigated. Do you think the country will survive if everyone sits at home unless they are involved in our 'necessities'? There's areas of the economy that the government can't do much about, but they could at least give some gyms a chance of survival. Nobody is forced to attend them.

By:
Charlie
When: 30 Jul 20 19:03
I understand that you want to open everything. It's obviously risk v reward. That's the way it is and always has been albeit it with different risks and rewards. Time will tell. I think it's wrong and you think it's right.
By:
Cider
When: 30 Jul 20 19:08
Indeed but I'm not advocating people are forced into doing things they don't want to do. Anyone is entitled to stay at home if they so wish. But they should be given the option to use their own judgement.
By:
Charlie
When: 30 Jul 20 19:12
Wrong. People can't do their own thing during this pandemic.
By:
Cider
When: 30 Jul 20 19:19
I didn't say that either. Where things are viable the measures should be relaxed as much as possible, the guidelines set by the experts and people follow them as closely as possible. There are things that patently remain too risky such as night clubs.
By:
Charlie
When: 30 Jul 20 19:27
Where things are viable the measures should be relaxed as much as possible

Holidays in Spain are fine? I've even heard of a Tory MP going there but not for long. Must have been an expert who said it was fine.

I presume you are now defining viable?
By:
Cider
When: 30 Jul 20 19:31
I've written on here before, anyone travelling abroad for a leisure holiday during a pandemic is nuts.

Do you think any international travel into or out of England should be prohibited?
By:
Charlie
When: 30 Jul 20 19:33
Absolutely.
By:
Charlie
When: 30 Jul 20 19:34
Or more accurately into the UK.
Page 2 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page