Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
peckerdunne
25 Jul 20 23:16
| Topic/replies: 39,660 | Blogger: peckerdunne's blog
UNMITIGATED DISASTER THIS, PURE INSANITY...

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 163
By:
lfc1971
When: 26 Jul 20 00:03
should be permanently closed , don’t trust any man who goes to a gym something not quite right about them
By:
lfc1971
When: 26 Jul 20 00:17
Sweat is one thing, and snot is worse
By:
lapsy pa
When: 26 Jul 20 08:42
You will be glad to know i have never seen the inside ofa gym LFC,you can trust me!

Ok,what you have here is a contradiction, they are making masks mandatory because they don't want you spreading "microdroplets" in a confined space, won't microdroplets be spread galore with huffing and puffing in a confined space?
On the other hand they want fatties to lose weight,so yes,we will get them to the gym,however a good walk in fresh air combined with people eating less is a better idea, fatties are often eating the wrong food simply because it is the cheaper option,some eat bad because not much choice.
By:
Cider
When: 26 Jul 20 08:51
Standard ignorance once again, from a fully paid up member of the Boris derangement syndrome groupies. I like the capping for added effect, it means you must be right, I guess...
By:
lfc1971
When: 26 Jul 20 09:05
I agree entirely pa lapsy a good walk is best I must have walked many miles it got me through lockdown , crossing the road when someone else is near. The houses , trees , streets , clouds , rain , sunshine , birds , snails , leaves from the trees you don’t have to see anything out of the ordinary
A lot can be accomplished with a walk and you feel fitter and better.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 26 Jul 20 09:23
Indeed,i did a fair bit of walking as well,wasn't too interested in the snails myself but nature lifts the soul.
I think Peckerdunne could well be right Cider,i made my point why so with my scientific analysis my style above.
By:
Cider
When: 26 Jul 20 09:54
With nearly every decision in this whole covid saga, there are pros and cons. Weighing up risk and benefit. Let's set the op a challenge, instead of blindly 'raging', set out both the negative effects and benefits of re-opening gyms (subject to distinct covid mitigation measures set out in legislation.
By:
nineteen points
When: 26 Jul 20 10:36
covid is turning into a monster everybody is afraid of.it is changing our very existence and lifestyles yet when its stripped down and the bare facts analysed is it really worth all this? serious question here and i hope no one is offended but does anyone know anyone who has died or had it properly,i mean genuine covid not a bit bandwagging temperature or coughing.i dont.apologies if any offence to the question
By:
Cider
When: 26 Jul 20 10:54
It's a very valid question nineteen points, and back before the eventual draconian lockdown I was arguing strongly no, but the way society is in the UK in 2020, it was unavoidable. The deaths that have occurred are tiny in proportion of the overall population, the collateral damage will affect millions of people. Of course, any death before natural time is very sad, but the vast majority of people who die as a result of the virus have enjoyed a long life. Longer than most people through history.

Nobody in my circle has caught the virus or been asked to self isolate. It was really when I went to my GP and then the hospital that it brought home that the savage negative health effects of the lockdown alone will be far worse than what the virus has caused directly. An analogy would be a tsunami and we're still at the point where the tide has gone out.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 26 Jul 20 11:52
Standard ignorance once again, from a fully paid up member of the Boris derangement syndrome groupies. I like the capping for added effect, it means you must be right, I guess...

The above from the man preaching sensible debate.......

As a person who used gyms 3 or 4 times a week i think i am qualified to speak on the topic.

I really did not think there was a need to spell it out.

It's so bloody obvious.
By:
Cider
When: 26 Jul 20 12:03
I am attempting to encourage debate. Your OP may be deliberately provocative but it was just a rant, as it stood.

It's obvious that you want to dismiss any of the positives of opening gyms, and one might say many of the people who were lobbying for them to be able to be re-opened.
By:
lfc1971
When: 26 Jul 20 12:22
I would only go to look at the women bending over
By:
lfc1971
When: 26 Jul 20 12:26
That’s a positive
By:
peckerdunne
When: 26 Jul 20 13:12
Go right ahead then and list the pro's and cons that you mention.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 26 Jul 20 20:50
still waiting
By:
Cider
When: 26 Jul 20 21:23
et's set the op a challenge, instead of blindly 'raging', set out both the negative effects and benefits of re-opening gyms (subject to distinct covid mitigation measures set out in legislation).
By:
politicspunter
When: 26 Jul 20 21:28
Lets hear your pros and cons please Cider.
By:
Cider
When: 26 Jul 20 21:40
This was my challenge to peckerdunne, did you miss that part of the thread? Why would I answer to my own challenge Grin. I suspect you're unaware of what a challenge is, google search is pretty good for looking stuff up.
By:
politicspunter
When: 26 Jul 20 21:45
So you are challenging other folks but are incapable of tackling an identical challenge?
By:
peckerdunne
When: 26 Jul 20 21:52
If i started the thread stating unmitigated disaster, then the challenge has been set, you have done nothing to take up that challenge, instead just bleat and deflect.
By:
layingisthewayforward
When: 27 Jul 20 17:12
To the OP, so you'd keep gyms closed indefinitely then? What are your views on pubs, restaurants, cinema's etc?
By:
peckerdunne
When: 27 Jul 20 17:39
People don't sweat up in cinemas or restaurants.That has no bearing whatsoever.

No nothing is indefinite.

Well maybe the Tory debt levels and corruption, but back to the point, i am still waiting on the list of pros and cons from Cider.
By:
nineteen points
When: 27 Jul 20 17:41
so much panicing over something that is only as bad as the media are making it.how are we gonna get on with life with this stupid hysteria.
By:
Cider
When: 27 Jul 20 18:03
Someone tell peckerdunne that social distancing can be rigidly applied in a gym. There's no need to go near anyone. He also appears to be unaware that sweat is not a vector of the virus.
By:
politicspunter
When: 27 Jul 20 18:12
Why don't you tell him?
By:
Cider
When: 27 Jul 20 18:13
Why does it concern you?
By:
politicspunter
When: 27 Jul 20 18:16
It doesn't. Why don't you tell him?
By:
lapsy pa
When: 27 Jul 20 18:17
I'll tell him.Peckerdunne,Cider thinks rigid social distancing will be adequate against people huffing and puffing the microdroplets.
By:
Cider
When: 27 Jul 20 18:20
The professional scientists in this field employed by the government appear to think so. Maybe they ought to jump on a betting forum for superior advice Grin
By:
politicspunter
When: 27 Jul 20 18:22
As long as it's not from you.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 27 Jul 20 18:23
Confined space Cider, that is crux.
By:
Cider
When: 27 Jul 20 18:27
That's the whole point isn't it. There's a tiny risk, then the profile of a typical gym goer has an even smaller risk of serious illness. Life is about calculated risks. People have moaned about every measure of releasing the lockdown, to date it has been very successful but I've missed those naysayers admitted their fear peddling was unfounded. The first problem has arisen from other countries, outside of out control obviously.
By:
politicspunter
When: 27 Jul 20 18:35

Jul 27, 2020 -- 12:27PM, Cider wrote:

That's the whole point isn't it. There's a tiny risk, then the profile of a typical gym goer has an even smaller risk of serious illness. Life is about calculated risks. People have moaned about every measure of releasing the lockdown, to date it has been very successful but I've missed those naysayers admitted their fear peddling was unfounded. The first problem has arisen from other countries, outside of out control obviously.

So successful in fact that we have the highest deaths in Europe and the third highest in the World. If you consider that successful...

By:
Cider
When: 27 Jul 20 18:41
releasing the lockdown

Which measures of releasing lockdown are you claiming have lead to additional deaths?
By:
politicspunter
When: 27 Jul 20 18:43
How many have died compared to other countries?
By:
Cider
When: 27 Jul 20 18:45
You're unable to answer, because clearly none have, so respond to my question with a question.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 27 Jul 20 18:49
So you are advocating exercising with social distancing without masks in a confined space with crowds who are expelling more air through exercise and think that is "a tiny risk" Cider?
By:
Cider
When: 27 Jul 20 18:55
Yes but there's no crowds as you put it. The numbers are heavily controlled, equipment regularly cleaned and while gyms are indoors I doubt many of them would be considered confined spaces, quite the opposite.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 27 Jul 20 19:16
Never heard such complete bollox...........

As usual Ciders argument is unfounded, his tactics are to deflect and digress, trying to sound like he knows best and it cant be any other way.

You cant CATCH THE VIRUS FROM SWEAT.........

Well thats us told, no one said you could.

I wonder how folk work up a sweat though has he considered that.

People share equipment all the time, it doesnt touch the rack before someone else wants it, if you think there is extra staff everywhere cleaning then you are insane, because they are a struggling business already without extra labour cost along with the extra supplies required.

People are running and lifting and sharing, they are talking to each other in huddles, they use the toilets the lockers the showers, some people have poor hygiene already without this. ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS WIPE YOUR nose or lips down, happens all the time then pick up dumbells, cough, spit up saliva, spray it everywhere unintentionally, happens every 3 minutes.It's a VIRUS BREATHING GROUND

People have wet towels they wipe the machines with their sweat and sit on the towels then, they expel air, project it all over the place, it's impossible to manage and thats why the WHO HAVE IT AS NINE ON THE RED DANGER CHART WHICH GOES TO TEN..

BUT CIDER KNOWS BEST FOLKS.....................
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com